Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
howlong does vicodin stay in your system?
    fholly is offline New Member

Default howlong does vicodin stay in your system?

I was wondering how long does vicodin stay in your system and how long doe sit take before there is no longer any traces left in your system?

mimi is offline New Member

Hi fholly,
    I don't have any hard and fast answers for you, but hopefully the info will help. Have been on vicodin many times and always have to disclose this to my Probation Officer. If I do a drug test, all he wants or needs to know about is "any thing that has been taken in the 5(five) previous days. Pretty sure it should be out within a matter of days, but everyone metabolizes differently. Good Luck!

mimi

syrinx7 is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by fholly

I was wondering how long does vicodin stay in your system and how long doe sit take before there is no longer any traces left in your system?
    I got on here to ask the same thing cause im a methadone program and im trying to get take home privs

ilovepills is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by syrinx7

quote:Originally posted by fholly

I got on here to ask the same thing cause im a methadone program and im trying to get take home privs

How do you get on the methadone program

Martha is offline New Member

most chemicals will stay in your system from 72 to 78 hours. chemicals will stay in your hair and your body's fatty tissue for years. best not to do them at least 5 to 7 days prior to a probation visit that you will be requested to to a drop. erbs stay for over 30 days so best to just quit that until probation is over. Martha

amarieblc is offline New Member

two days

Michael502 is offline New Member

hydrocodone metabolizes into hydromorphone, hydromorphone doesnt metabolize into anything so i would not worry about a drug test when taking vicodin.

zophis is offline New Member

Hi I have a problem with the same thing. I have to drop urine tomorrow for probation and i took some Vic Es's midday yesterday. Just wondering if anyone knows anyways to get it out of my system faster. I took a niacin this morning, and will drink lots of water and cranberry juice to dilute my urine, any other suggestions?

Just wondering if there is anyone knows of different ways to get vicodin out of system fast. i have a urine test tomorrow and took some ES's midday yesterday. i already took a niacin this morning and i will drink plenty of water and cranberry juice to dilute my urine, any other suggestions?

Just wondering if there is anyone knows of different ways to get vicodin out of system fast. i have a urine test tomorrow and took some ES's midday yesterday. i already took a niacin this morning and i will drink plenty of water and cranberry juice to dilute my urine, any other suggestions?

maria10798 is offline New Member

Default How long does vicodin say in your system

Quote Originally Posted by Martha View Post
    most chemicals will stay in your system from 72 to 78 hours. chemicals will stay in your hair and your body's fatty tissue for years. best not to do them at least 5 to 7 days prior to a probation visit that you will be requested to to a drop. erbs stay for over 30 days so best to just quit that until probation is over. Martha
    WHAT ARE ERBS?

Cats Meow is offline Banned

I think it's a typo or dumb slang for herbs (aka marijuana)

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Opiate metabolites are detectable in the unrine 3-5 days but can sometimes be detected up tp 7+ days.I have urine screens done every 2 weeks......Dave

lextacy is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by zophis View Post
    Hi I have a problem with the same thing. I have to drop urine tomorrow for probation and i took some Vic Es's midday yesterday. Just wondering if anyone knows anyways to get it out of my system faster. I took a niacin this morning, and will drink lots of water and cranberry juice to dilute my urine, any other suggestions?
    how did ur probation go? becuz i get drug tested myself but its random and with my parents and i took vicodin yesterday .
    i havent taken nething to clean out my system but i was wondering if you passed yours.

MajMike is offline New Member

You do have to worry about hydromorphone showing up..there are various levels of testing and how many tests are ordered will depend if it shows up....

jjohn is offline New Member

Unhappy

How long does vicodin stay in your hair ?

It's Over is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by fholly View Post
    Hmmm, that all depends on how much you took, for how long and why you really want to know. If it's for a new job screen, then an "insta-cup" will show you clean in about 72 hours if you flush with lots of fluids. If you have been taking a bunch for a long time, and, you are being tested by any other means than an "insta-cup," it could take a week to 10 days. Lastly, if you are having hair folicol testing performed, you might be looking at months. Good Luck

xTerm is offline Junior Member

Not to long ago I had to take a pre-employment drug screen.
    I have a script for norco, I had it filled the night before the test, i took several of them and had
    the test at around nine the next morning.
    I asked her if she wanted to know what i was taking, she said no. she stuck the strip in the urine, watched it a few minutes and then asked what i was taking.
    I told her it was hydro and took the last one the night before and asked her if she wanted to see the RX receipt, she said no because i tested negative.
    I find it hard to believe that it hadnt had time to metabolize because i took the first one about 24 hours before and the last one about 12 hours before the test, i took about 10 total.
    So, either her test strip was flawed or i have a VERY fast metabolism.

flicka is offline New Member

Default help finding pain meds that are not addicting.

I to have quit using vicodin for my migraines and it is very hard. but i am doing it. i want my life back. is there any pain meds that will help. so far my headaches are some better. so i dont need it yet.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by flicka View Post
    I to have quit using vicodin for my migraines and it is very hard. but i am doing it. i want my life back. is there any pain meds that will help. so far my headaches are some better. so i dont need it yet.

RX opiates are really not the best med for migraines. They can actually set off an attack. Check out Zomig. It's specifically for migraines, totally non-narcotic, doesn't get you high but will flat knock out a migraine. Zomig is a little pricey but it's the best med for migraines that doesn't have side effects I've ever seen.

Hope this helps. Here is a link to read more about Zomig. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/zomig.html

If you need some help with any w/d from the vics check out the Thomas Recipe. It helps a lot with any w/d symptoms if you've progressed far enough along to be having symptoms. Here is a link.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-35169.html
    Last edited by Robert_325; 09-28-2009 at 04:03 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

jayp713 is offline New Member

Default Stfu

deleted - swearing
    Last edited by ddcmod; 06-11-2010 at 02:38 AM.

jennysworld is offline New Member

how long does vicodin show up in a urine test?

zeeweejee is offline New Member

Default How Long Does Vicodin Stay in your system?

I just took a peepee test and I took Vicodin 5 days ago so I guess it takes 5 days at least to get out of your system.

Mafruce7 is offline New Member

You can pass a urination drug screen for probation very easily by diluting your urine. On the day of your screen drink enough fuilds until your urine is clear. Before you have to drop drinking a large cup of coffee will add back color to the urine and you won't be suspected of hiding or diluting your sample. I know this works very well for vicodin because I've used it. However it still will most likely depend on the amount of your use and stopping a couple of days prior to testing to clean out your system is probably best.

tracey1278 is offline New Member

Default Very misinformed

Quote Originally Posted by Michael502 View Post
    hydrocodone metabolizes into hydromorphone, hydromorphone doesnt metabolize into anything so i would not worry about a drug test when taking vicodin.
    Michael 502,
    U sir should not give advice on matters to which you are not educated . Hydromorphone is the ,generic name of Dilaudid and hydrocodone the generic name of Lortab, Vicodin , Lorcet and some other drugs. As for drugs metabolizing into other drugs well... ..... Our bodies "metabolize" (0r use) things that we put into it food, drugs, drinks , The rate (or speed) with which we metabolize these varies. from person to person. To answer the original question; If the drug test includes testing for opiates ( the category that vicodin is in) then depending on your individual metabolism you will be clear in 3 to 5 days.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-23-2010 at 04:39 PM.
    Tracey

Robert_325 is offline Retired

tracey1278 and others posting to Michael502......... It's really kind of humorous that people here are arguing over this comment made by Michael502.

Has anyone happened to notice that this guy posted his opinion in May of 2004? He had four total posts on this web site, all on that one day, and he hasn't been back on the forum since. The odds are pretty high that he isn't going to see any of your comments anyway. He hasn't even been online here in well over six years.

A forum member can post their opinions about almost any subject they choose, as long as it's positive and acceptable subject matter, but if you want to talk about how medications metabolize why don't you create a current thread instead of chastizing this particular person who hasn't even been on the forum in over six years?

No one would even see his comment ever again if you didn't pull up six year old threads. It would just disppear and never come up again. Just a thought ..... God bless!
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

PKINVA is offline New Member

i really appreciate you pointing this out. people metabolize differently... i used cocain on saturday and took vicadins all week and sunday and passed a urin screen on wed morning. after drinking lots of water on monday and tuesday. i am 170 lbs and 5'11 and have an desk job. not a lot of excersize. good luck to all...

shawnalls is offline Junior Member

Default How long does hydrocodone take to wd from?

I am on day 9 of wd from hydrocodone 10/325 8-10 a day for 2 1/2 years. I am doing this cold turkey, how long does this take? I am so tired, cannot eat anything, having bad anxiety and gnawing in my stomach and my pupils are so dilated still that I can barely see. When does this stop? I can't seem to function. What can I do, any suggestions?

MsUSA is offline New Member

Wink How did the drug test go?

Quote Originally Posted by zophis View Post

For those of u who took vicodin and had a urine test, wondering how it went. I have (thankfully) been clean for about 2 weeks now. I got prescribed Tramadol and it helped A LOT with restlestness and body aches. But i was considering taking just 1 10mg tab. I am on probation now so thats why i ceased in the first place. But my question is, how long would just 1 dose stay in my system? Thanks

Post Vicodin test

5 days is the accepted range for looking for vicodin metabolic products. using the common tests, that is. Sometimes a very dilute urine is looked at with suspicion (like you were trying to flush out an illicit drug.) A lot depends on how big a dose you took too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast