How long to pass urine test for Xanax?
    Freakshow is offline New Member

Default How long to pass urine test for Xanax?

Well, sorry for this stupid question. I took 3mg xanax 5 days ago. Today, I took 4mg of xanax. Well, technically it is "Mylan A1", which I've read is the same thing. (I know, Xanax is just a brand name.) I have a urine analysis 11-12 days from now.

I'm 6'4", 225lbs (male of course!). Not skinny, but not fat. I started working out 3 days ago, and have been drinking lots of water.

My question is, will I be able to pass a probation urine analysis test in 11-12 days? Will anything help clear me out faster? I can't remember the last time I took xanax except for the two times I just mentioned. I'm not 'on' them, abd I'm definitely not addicted. Got a lot of stress on me right now, please don't tell me how wrong it is.

EDIT: Let me also add that I am not going to try and 'trick' the UA. I'm not going to come in there on detox or about to explode of water/gatorade/creatine/b12. I want to be able to just TAKE the test and pass it. Is it possible?
    Last edited by Freakshow; 07-23-2008 at 10:26 AM.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Freakshow View Post
    Well, sorry for this stupid question. I took 3mg xanax 5 days ago. Today, I took 4mg of xanax. Well, technically it is "Mylan A1", which I've read is the same thing. (I know, Xanax is just a brand name.) I have a urine analysis 11-12 days from now.

I'm 6'4", 225lbs (male of course!). Not skinny, but not fat. I started working out 3 days ago, and have been drinking lots of water.

My question is, will I be able to pass a probation urine analysis test in 11-12 days? Will anything help clear me out faster? I can't remember the last time I took xanax except for the two times I just mentioned. I'm not 'on' them, abd I'm definitely not addicted. Got a lot of stress on me right now, please don't tell me how wrong it is.

EDIT: Let me also add that I am not going to try and 'trick' the UA. I'm not going to come in there on detox or about to explode of water/gatorade/creatine/b12. I want to be able to just TAKE the test and pass it. Is it possible?

As long as they aren't doing a hair follicle test you should be okay. Just lay off from taking anything else. You are playing with fire if you push this any closer. Continue working out and drink lots of water and in 11-12 days you will be fine. Good luck.

Thanks for reply. In 8 days, I will buy an at home test and update you guys to see what it says. But, I would still appreciate everyone's input and experience.

EDIT: Also, is it true that orange juice and cranberry juice help clean out your system? Or is it only to help fool a test? Again, I don't want to 'fool' the test. I want to be able to pass all my tests by being clean from now on.

I just had a hard time saying no to these 4 little blues.
    Last edited by Freakshow; 07-23-2008 at 11:52 AM.

leopard_print is offline Junior Member

Nothing helps you clean out your system but time. Nothing you ingest can even "mask" your urine except by making it too dilute for any drugs to show up. The creatine is just an attempt to hide the dilution by increasing the concentration/increasing specific gravity...sort of.
    Basically, a drug is gone from your system in about five half-lives. Google the half life for xanax and do the math. You're lucky your drug of choice is a rapid acting one.
    But, like Robert said, don't play with matches! Um, fire.

Thanks for the response. Actually my drug of choice is Marijuana. I smoked it for 5 years, 5+ times a day. Now... I have to explain this to my PO and hope she understands that it could be in my system for at LEAST a month. Probably more like 2.5 months. But, yeah, we had some Klonopins, but I knew they took longer to get out of your system, so I was hoping the Xanax would be ok for a one time thing. It was for my birthday, lol. I had a lot of stress on me.

BizarroWorld is offline New Member

I'm on Suboxone so I get a UDS every month when I go to my doc. I also took 2 ativans or lorazepams when going on a plane (fear of flying/panic attacks) that he prescribd for me. (I hate benzos so I can't even remember which it was he RX'd fo me). Anyway, 3 days later I was home and had my appt. I didn't show up. I think it was such a small amount and there was none of it built up in my system. I weigh the same as you (female of course!) so maybe you'll be ok?

Thanks for the information. BTW, I said "Male, of course" because I mentioned that I was 6'4" and 225lbs, not just because of the weight. 225lbs can be anyone, lol, but 6'4" 225lbs is usually going to be a male. And, also, I said I was male because males and females take different times to get drugs out of their systems. I didn't mean any offense or anything.

But, again, thanks for that info. I didn't have to take a UA that day. I'm SUPPOSED to be court ordered to take them, but I paid off all my fines and have been really polite (I am, naturally). My PO said something like "well, I wish all my clients were as good as you" and also "since you've paid all of your fines, all I'm going to ask for from here out is that you finish your community service and required DUI school".

Do you think that almost sounds like she won't be giving me a UA? No, I'm not going to smoke the jane during probation. I just want to know for peace of mind. I'd like to take a couple of xanax a month, but I have been having to see her every 2 weeks.

By your info, seems like even if I just did them once every 2 weeks, I "should" be safe, but time goes by (almost stops) in jail, and I couldn't stand to go back. So, I don't want to take the chances...

But I would like to know your opinions on what you think she meant by that.