Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Fentanyl Patch vs. Oxycontin or Oxycodone
    jerrymoore is offline New Member

Default Fentanyl Patch vs. Oxycontin or Oxycodone

I just started the patch, 25 mg, but I m using 2 patches because my dr, wouldnt give me anything for breakthough, which is BS. I m probably going to find a new dr, that will give me breakthrough pain as well, or >> rather have just breakthrough ans control when I take it.Anyways, my question is , do you think the patch is enough, I m finding it s already starting to work, I m itchy like I ve taken percost, and cant sleep which happems to me sometimes so I think it s pretty strong, but I was under the impression percosets would be noticeably a sort of high , experienced when taking it. Has anyone experienced a good feeling on the patch? The pain is already helped too, but I am also taking a few methadone that a friend said to try? Could that be making me feel that percoset high?

What is stronger, the patch, percoset, or a long lastng oral like methadone or oxycontin?

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

The patch is fentanyl the strongest family of opiates we have.It will blow away oxycontin and percocet.The patch will take a little while to get in to your system.Think of it as filling up a pool of water,once the water reaches the top then you have an even rate,same with the patch so give it time to fill your system up.Actually it's called your serum level.Give it a good week and see how you feel.Also those patches usually only last for 2 days and not 3 so ask your doctor about that,ok.....Dave

quote:Originally posted by jerrymoore

I just started the patch, 25 mg, but I m using 2 patches because my dr, wouldnt give me anything for breakthough, which is BS. I m probably going to find a new dr, that will give me breakthrough pain as well, or >> rather have just breakthrough ans control when I take it.Anyways, my question is , do you think the patch is enough, I m finding it s already starting to work, I m itchy like I ve taken percost, and cant sleep which happems to me sometimes so I think it s pretty strong, but I was under the impression percosets would be noticeably a sort of high , experienced when taking it. Has anyone experienced a good feeling on the patch? The pain is already helped too, but I am also taking a few methadone that a friend said to try? Could that be making me feel that percoset high?

What is stronger, the patch, percoset, or a long lastng oral like methadone or oxycontin?
    i found that the patch gave me the same affects that you are having tell them that you want the brand name DURAGESTIC its the same as fentanyl but fentanyl is generic and thats what happened to me and from experience please i started at 25 mg instead of every 72 hours it was 8 hours and here i am 7 years later and up to 175mg and trying to get off dont just stop using them you will die ask your doctor a friend of mine found them on the street and he took them and i told him not to and he didnt listen and now hes dead because he stoped cold turkey thanks
    holemaker likes this.

Rawoody is offline Platinum Member

Fentanylis dosed in mcg or ug (micrograms) and not mg (milligrams).

Duragesic patches work by releasing fentanyl into subcutaneous fats, which then slowly release the drug into the blood stream over 72 hours, allowing for long lasting relief from pain and it's over 3 days not 2.

Do NOT use 2 patches at the same time without a Dr's ok, as you can set yourself up for an OD.

Yes, I'd see a pain management doctor about the break through pain if you feel you need relief. Self medication can be very dangerous if you don't know exactly what your doing.

Order or known strength -- Fentanyl, then oxy (both Oxycontin and Oxycodone) and then Methadone. But Methadone is almost equal to Oxy , but not quite.

I might not always be right, but I'm never wrong.
    Pingie and holemaker like this.

moucon is offline New Member

Default 72 hrs - yuh

The generic Fentanyl patches are lucky to last 2 days. Sure as hell not 3. I'm starting to feel dope-sick after about 44 hrs. I don't know how the hell anyone could get 72 hrs out of them.

raoulduke123 is offline New Member

Default fentanyl duragesic patch vs oxycodone

do not increase your dose of fentanyl without first consuling your physician. there are several reasons for this, including: 1) you could possibly OD, 2) you will quite likely become physically dependant, and 3) when your doctor eventually decides to discontinue your treatment with fentanyl he will titrate down your dose gradually based upon the amount he has prescribed you, and if you have doubled or tripled your dose without his knowledge you are setting yourself up for an incredibly intense withdrawl the likes of which won't even compare to the worst >>>>>> withdrawl you could possibly imagine. if your duragesic patch doesn't make your pain managable, your doctor may add a number of different "kicker" drugs to potentiate it's effects rather than increasing your dose.

Anonymous Guest

Default Fentanyl Patches

At the very worst of my Addidction, I was buying someone elses patches which were prescribed for him for a double hip replacement surgery (for long term relief and he took Oxy for Breaktthru.) He currently does still receive the pain patches and Vicodin now - he is definately a chronic pain patient, a double hip replacement for DDD which is permanent and progressive. Surprisingly, he doesnt use the patches at all.

But I only bought the Febtanyl. These are like the devil of addiction. I took then for about 7 months......before I got caught by my Mom .... I was "cheeking" them along with wearing them.

This is a VERY powerful drug. I started using them in 2007 - and after 6 months, was so addicted it was crazy. I'd have a75mcg (They measure in mcg vs mg as they are so strong) in my mouth whenever I was awake. I began after I had to move back home at age 38 after a very unexpected breakup and they were the only thing I had to not think about things, etc numbing the pain.

The last time I used, My Mom found me unresponsive, passed out on my bedroom floor and called 911. I woke up in the ER being pumped full of NarCan and had to come clean (Patch was still in my mouth) Somehow the Fentanyl caused my blood sugar to jump to 456 and I was in a coma. This is not an exageration - it is a warning - this is one powerful and HIGHLY addictive med.

I had to Cold Turkey detox at my Moms house and there were about 3 times she wanted to take me to ER - but I told her there was nothing they could do. This W/D was about 5 to 7 days, and it was HELL.

Do NOT increase the dosage unless you speask to your dr. Be careful with this med especially if you are on other pain meds, sleep meds, or meds for anxiety.

Please be careful.

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jerrymoore View Post

Perhaps I'm reading this wrong - but from what I read, it appears you are already finding PAIN relief from the patch. Right? ("it is already starting to work" ... "the pain is already helped, too") So... are you asking for advice simply because you want a bigger "high"???

stuarm2 is offline New Member

Question SeldomRight

I've got pain in neck, lower back, and well, all over. I've been on norco 10mgs 6 to 7 times a day for 6 years. I've always had a high tolerance, so the high dosage has never changed. I just started the fentanyl patch (25mgs) and the doctor refilled my norco at the same 6 per day dosage. 180 norcos from a new doctor is a great feeling of trust. I'm on the 6th day with the patch, and it seems to be great. It's a strange, almost out of control feeling with an extended release. I think I will be better on Oxycontin, or Diladid. I need something that will help me with the energy loss from my seizure medication, klonopin. I need that energy, or else I'm in bed all day. Will Oxycontin give me the energy boost that the norco does? . First time on the website, Hope I'm on the same page. Thanks...

fentanylboy is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by stuarm2 View Post
    I've got pain in neck, lower back, and well, all over. I've been on norco 10mgs 6 to 7 times a day for 6 years. I've always had a high tolerance, so the high dosage has never changed. I just started the fentanyl patch (25mgs) and the doctor refilled my norco at the same 6 per day dosage. 180 norcos from a new doctor is a great feeling of trust. I'm on the 6th day with the patch, and it seems to be great. It's a strange, almost out of control feeling with an extended release. I think I will be better on Oxycontin, or Diladid. I need something that will help me with the energy loss from my seizure medication, klonopin. I need that energy, or else I'm in bed all day. Will Oxycontin give me the energy boost that the norco does? . First time on the website, Hope I'm on the same page. Thanks...
    First of all jumping from norco to fentanyl is a big jump, hydro is a relative week pain killer compared to fentanyl. Hydro is only about half as strong as oxy, and fentanyl is about 100x as strong as morphine. They shpuld of tried switching you to percs or starting you on oxy. Fentanyl is really strong and take it from me I mwas addicted to it for over 2 and a half yrs, I was to a point that wearing them was not an option, I was eating them and I was on 100mcg patches the biggest they make. The generics I were getting like a sticker they didnt have the gel in them,they had the drug suspended in the adhessive, so I just chewed them like gum and I was doing like 4 a day. 4omg a day of fentanyl is a lot. So I guess what I'm saying is becareful it's really powerful and can get out of control really easy....................................
    Last edited by fentanylboy; 08-18-2010 at 10:42 AM.

anthony44 is offline New Member

Default Fentanyl patch

Hi, I was just prescribed the Fentanyl patch today, 25 mcg x 72 hrs, I was taking oxycodone 10 mg every 3 to 4 hrs, and it worked great, but I asked for something that would last longer so I wouldnt have too take so many pills, I have serious back problems and pain, the oxys work good for the pain, I put the patch on 4 hrs ago and am still in pain, I guess I am used too the faster relief 15 min with the oxycodone, I am allowed to take up to 2 oxys a day for break through, does anyone know how long it takes for the patch to start working ? I guess I thought it would be faster since it is suppose to be so strong, Dr said she will increase it in a few weeks if need be, thank you, tony:

stuarm2 is offline New Member

Default seldomright

Thank you for the info on the fentanyl . It's been 4+ months on the fentanyl patch, with norco 10/325 for breakthroughs . I'm on klonopin for seizures . I'm weaning off the patch (now 75mcg for 4+ months) it worked at first, but I've been in bed with no energy, and sick feeling for a month . I've got to switch to something that will give me the energy taken from me by the klonopin I've been on for 20+ years for the seizures . My Dr knows I'm an honest guy that needs to get on with my life. I've spent a lot of time in bed. He's waiting for me to tell him if I want to try oxycontin for the energy that I get from vicodin es, but to add as an extended release . I've been on norco, or vicodin es for 5 years . Is there any other med for pain that will give me the needed energy . I can't stop klonopin because its the only med that stops my seizures . Thank you for any help. Be well, seldom right.

centurion2055 is offline New Member

Wink Give it time and allow @ least 12 hrs. for affect...

Quote Originally Posted by anthony44 View Post
    Hi, I was just prescribed the Fentanyl patch today, 25 mcg x 72 hrs, I was taking oxycodone 10 mg every 3 to 4 hrs, and it worked great, but I asked for something that would last longer so I wouldnt have too take so many pills, I have serious back problems and pain, the oxys work good for the pain, I put the patch on 4 hrs ago and am still in pain, I guess I am used too the faster relief 15 min with the oxycodone, I am allowed to take up to 2 oxys a day for break through, does anyone know how long it takes for the patch to start working ? I guess I thought it would be faster since it is suppose to be so strong, Dr said she will increase it in a few weeks if need be, thank you, tony:
    Hey there Tony, I was told that it takes approximately 12 hrs. before the Fentanyl kicks in ok? Just be forwarned,do not abuse this or any of the other meds that you're currently on because this could have major consequences on your health/life!
    Good Luck and hope you feel better...
    LCM

JessieRae is offline New Member

Red face Fentynal time release

Quote Originally Posted by centurion2055 View Post
    Hey there Tony, I was told that it takes approximately 12 hrs. before the Fentanyl kicks in ok? Just be forwarned,do not abuse this or any of the other meds that you're currently on because this could have major consequences on your health/life!
    Good Luck and hope you feel better...
    LCM
    Hey Tony just went from oxy and norco to norco and fentanyl the patch is only 25 mcg per hour time release over 72 hours. Says in my box of directions printed so fine on a roadmap size piece of paper (in box) that full effect takes 20 hours to be a full level in your system, probably because it's realeased onto top of skin and has to work it's way through and into your body, not like a shot that bypasses the skin. Ben over a month on mine and I feel the best I have in a year! Was hit by a drunk driver and am still off work but looks promising to go back soon. These don't give u a (high) which is good they just keep the pain at a tolerable level so u can be u again. Just think positive and know it's nit instant relief like a shot or a pill but 2 1/2 days pain free is good enough for me. I switch them in evening so when the new one is kicking in I'm asleep, makes it just a few uncomfortable hours in the morning, not all day. Hope this advice helps. And please anyone not prescribed them by a dr don't take them! Lots of drug interactions! And you could stop breathing and DIE! So please for the love of god if your in pain find a DR! Let them help don't take your life into your own hands and die over a stupid PATCH!!
    lmc8883 likes this.

Ankomst is offline New Member

It is unfortunate that some people have to rely on self-medication because these pain meds are so powerful, doctors are hesitant to prescribe them for the fear that their patients will get addicted.. I've been on and off of prescription-strength pain medication for about 8 years, at first after physical therapy for a knee injury at 16, and then for various surgeries after finding out I had renal issues. about 3 years ago when they put in my dialysis access when I was 21, I started to have severe nerve pain due to the fistula's growth, and the blood vessels beginning to irritate my nerves.

That being said, I find that I do get a full 3 days or so, occasionally 4, out of a total of 37.5mcg/hr's worth of Fentanyl patches (One 25mcg/hr patch, and one 12.5mgc/hr patch). Then again, I'm only about 110lbs at my dry weight, so it doesn't require a lot. They started me on them about a year ago, at first at 12.5mcg/hr, then up to 25mcg/hr. Recently up to 37.5mcg/hr, but I grow resistant to all medications very quickly, even the immunosuppressives I was on. My doctors in the pain clinic at my local hospital have me on 10/325mg of Norco for breakthrough pain, which is unfortunately too common, but I recently wound up in the ER after the pain got so bad it caused uncontrollable vomiting regardless. So I went home with a prescription for Hydromorphone. That was a few weeks ago. I'm avoiding taking the stuff and have only used 1 of the 10 pills, using only half of a pill at a time. The rest is going into my trauma/emergency kit with some leftover Tylenol 3's. Without the patches, I have absolutely no use of my left arm, and if I forget to call for a refill scrip I wind up being reduced to tears with my head over the toilet.

I don't get a high from my pain meds anymore, and if I do it's very weak and very rare... Surprising for someone in their 20's. I suppose I don't understand the recreational use of these medications, partially because I don't get a high. After an ER dose of Dilaudid, I felt normal. If someone is considering use for recreation, I generally tell them to screw off. Pardon the language. But some of us need these medications to function more than they need them to get high. I find it irritating and irresponsible. To be completely honest, I hadn't even known Fentanyl came in a "lollipop" until I saw an episode of Intervention recently...

Though I am admittedly curious how strong Fentanyl is compared to something like Dilaudid, or Morphine. The episode of Intervention claimed that it was "100 times stronger than Morphine", which I'm not entirely sure is accurate.. They don't ever get into if the drug is GENERALLY stronger than Morphine, or if the does SHE was taking was that much stronger.
    Last edited by Ankomst; 01-05-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Ankomst is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by stuarm2 View Post
    Thank you for the info on the fentanyl . It's been 4+ months on the fentanyl patch, with norco 10/325 for breakthroughs . I'm on klonopin for seizures . I'm weaning off the patch (now 75mcg for 4+ months) it worked at first, but I've been in bed with no energy, and sick feeling for a month . I've got to switch to something that will give me the energy taken from me by the klonopin I've been on for 20+ years for the seizures . My Dr knows I'm an honest guy that needs to get on with my life. I've spent a lot of time in bed. He's waiting for me to tell him if I want to try oxycontin for the energy that I get from vicodin es, but to add as an extended release . I've been on norco, or vicodin es for 5 years . Is there any other med for pain that will give me the needed energy . I can't stop klonopin because its the only med that stops my seizures . Thank you for any help. Be well, seldom right.
    Having been on almost every pain pill under the sun, I wouldn't recommend Oxycontin if you wish to have energy, and I find I actually have more energy with the Fentanyl as opposed to Oxycontin.. But I do suppose we all react differently. I had some severe vision changes and weakness on Oxycontin, and wasn't able to drive myself anywhere. I didn't get a high, but it didn't seem to really help my pain either. For some ungodly reason, the Vicodin/Norco helped more, so the doc had me switched back. I don't get much of a high from pain meds, as previously mentioned, but I find that Dilaudid (Hydromorphone) is very effective for pain relief, without much of a high. I still stick to the Fentanyl/Norco mix, and specifically because I don't have ANY side-effects as a result of taking them. If I don't eat enough, every once and awhile my stomach gets irritated, but that's about it.

rodneyblack is offline New Member

Exclamation patch

died 4 times in 2003 over 6 months in coma, 19 major surguries, both shoulders, hips and 1 elbow replaced. every pain mgt possible and i will tell you the Dura-Patch will work, and will kill you DEAD. I know 3 people that i had meet in clinics or P/T that died, "playing" with the Patch. Patch don't play..i have taken 900mg morphine 2x daily, with 400 mg oxy. and never knew it. currently on 125 Patch.
    I would not let anyone "use", "try" or steal a patch.. As for pain mgt, i give it a 7, but the energy and sense of well being bumps it to at least a 9. asshole that abuse these drugs make it hard on us who need it. I also broke my back in 7 places, hands in 17 places, feet 5 places. i firmly feel all oxy should be outlawed, as they simply lead to abuse. the patch will kill you before you can abuse it. If you want to play, shot the H, or smoke crack !

MiaVT is offline New Member

Default Total Agreement

Quote Originally Posted by rodneyblack View Post
    died 4 times in 2003 over 6 months in coma, 19 major surguries, both shoulders, hips and 1 elbow replaced. every pain mgt possible and i will tell you the Dura-Patch will work, and will kill you DEAD. I know 3 people that i had meet in clinics or P/T that died, "playing" with the Patch. Patch don't play..i have taken 900mg morphine 2x daily, with 400 mg oxy. and never knew it. currently on 125 Patch.
    I would not let anyone "use", "try" or steal a patch.. As for pain mgt, i give it a 7, but the energy and sense of well being bumps it to at least a 9. asshole that abuse these drugs make it hard on us who need it. I also broke my back in 7 places, hands in 17 places, feet 5 places. i firmly feel all oxy should be outlawed, as they simply lead to abuse. the patch will kill you before you can abuse it. If you want to play, shot the H, or smoke crack !
    Hey "RodneyBlack"-- I totally agree with you and others who object to Addicts exploiting Doctors and using them as Legal Dealers. Hmmmmm. I wonder why the Docs act paranoid and suspicious all of the time...?

I moved from New England to South Carolina in 2008. My Pain Mgmt records should have arrived BEFORE me. I had an appt. setup with a physiatrist. I arrived-- no records. The Doc wasn't about to just HAND me 120mg MsContin ER, 90mg msir (various: zonisimide, topiramax, baclofen, etc)-- with nothing but the word of a stranger (me). I started a very rapid titration down, but only had 5 days of meds to work with. I had very harsh withdrawal, and restless legs like I never want to imagine again!!!

My point is, if it weren't for Junkies scamming off Docs, then Legitimate Pain Patients wouldn't have to suffer that way. Things could be rectified with a simple phone call from one Doctor to the other and a minimum fax confirming Medications/dosages until the full records came. If there was one iota of trust left, our society would be MUCH more pleasant!

BTW-- My SC Doc is Wonderful! Thanks for reading my rant
    ~Mia

Waylonh84 is offline New Member

Default Fetanyl compared to percoset

Ok I have a question since you been taking both percoset and fetanyl I need to find this out. I am 28 just had a knee replacement a few weeks ago the pain is wow hard to explain. I had been on Norco 10/325 for several years do dr put me on percoset 10/325. I run out every time a day or so early and I was wondering how does the fetanyl make you feel compared to a percoset me to I get restless and hyper when taking any opiate Norco percoset etc... I however do not like to feel drowsy and like I am going to fall asleep all the time... I have been contiplating weather I should just ask my dr for a low dose patch so I don't have that problem of running out... Rigjt now I take 10-12 percoset a day and some days when it's really bad I have to take a extra dose to curb the pain... Would a 25mg or a 50mg work the best for me. The week following my surgery my dr had me on 40mg OxyContin 2x a day and percoset in between and I barely felt the 40mg... I have never used a patch and am really curious as to if you all think it will work better for me in my situation so I don't har the problem of running out..

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Waylonh84 View Post
    Ok I have a question since you been taking both percoset and fetanyl I need to find this out. I am 28 just had a knee replacement a few weeks ago the pain is wow hard to explain. I had been on Norco 10/325 for several years do dr put me on percoset 10/325. I run out every time a day or so early and I was wondering how does the fetanyl make you feel compared to a percoset me to I get restless and hyper when taking any opiate Norco percoset etc... I however do not like to feel drowsy and like I am going to fall asleep all the time... I have been contiplating weather I should just ask my dr for a low dose patch so I don't have that problem of running out... Rigjt now I take 10-12 percoset a day and some days when it's really bad I have to take a extra dose to curb the pain... Would a 25mg or a 50mg work the best for me. The week following my surgery my dr had me on 40mg OxyContin 2x a day and percoset in between and I barely felt the 40mg... I have never used a patch and am really curious as to if you all think it will work better for me in my situation so I don't har the problem of running out..

For what it's worth I don't think anyone should use fentanyl patches unless they have a terminal illness. They just suck the life out of you anyway. Try using them for a while and then stopping! They are garbage unless you're going to be on until you die. God bless.
    minivin likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

DaturaJane is offline Junior Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    For what it's worth I don't think anyone should use fentanyl patches unless they have a terminal illness. They just suck the life out of you anyway. Try using them for a while and then stopping! They are garbage unless you're going to be on until you die. God bless.
    I WHOLE HEARTEDLY agree with Robert, I was on Fentanyl and the oxy and after FINALLY getting off that ???? (it only took 6 months) I have decided that is positively the devil incarnate and I would inject mud into my jugular and die before ever using those dreadful patches again. Just sayin.

minivin is offline Member

I am also on the patch and wish i was never started on it,i have been on the 100mcg dosage and i want off of it really bad,i would like to say just try to avoid this drug unless you are in really bad shape and are suffering in pain tremendously.Dutura Jane,if you dont mind me asking,what method did you use to withdraw from these patches,i know its awful,i have ran out early more than once and had a taste of the withdraws,i am researching and reading everything i can to make this as comfortable as possible,i cannot do the subs or anything like that due to financial difficulties,just curious as to what method you used...I need to be able to take care of my wife while going through withdraws,she is in a wheelchair and has no use of her legs,and really needs me alot,along with all the everyday chores i have to be able to function and that is my biggest worry.,anything you or anyone else can share would be greatly appreciated,Enjoy the weekend everyone...

ronbo321 is offline New Member

fent is not the strongest we have its opana ,u should use as directed consult your doc if not working i have been taking 15 mg oxy ir and fent 50 mcg patch for 6 years works fine ....watch what u do tolerance can build quick and there is and end death or cut off meds be careful peeps

fent is not the strongest opana is .....

look it up!

It's one of the enantiomers of a potent fentanyl analogue. Usually opioids strength are worked out by comparing them to morphine. >>>>>> is 2-5 times more potent. Oxymorphone is upto 10 times more potent

Sickofpainkillers is offline New Member

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Waylonh84 View Post
    Im in the same spot Im 33 34 in a month Started having back pain in 2000 went from 60 vics 7.5 to 120 10/325 last yr to percs 120 a month 10/325 suppose to take 4 a day I now run short taking about 80-90mg a day the dayswhen im out are the worst ever Im like a mega when out I feel horrible I just want to be out of pain any advice will help I wanna ask my dr for something eles but scared they may take even my percs away Im not a junkie just a wonan in pain thanks all and good luck to u sweetie.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 06-12-2012 at 12:38 PM.

ctown316 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sickofpainkillers View Post
    Im in the same spot Im 33 34 in a month Started having back pain in 2000 went from 60 vics 7.5 to 120 10/325 last yr to percs 120 a month 10/325 suppose to take 4 a day I now run short taking about 80-90mg a day the dayswhen im out are the worst ever Im like a mega when out I feel horrible I just want to be out of pain any advice will help I wanna ask my dr for something eles but scared they may take even my percs away Im not a junkie just a wonan in pain thanks all and good luck to u sweetie.
    Hey New Member Here as well,
    1st timer here.. and I came across this thread. It appears it's an old thread with not THAT much useful information IMO...

Anyways, I've gone thru almost EXACTLY what you go thru and it DOES suck... However, there ARE ways to either comfort your DISCOMFORT, OR, Yes (the "bad way") of NOT going through it at ALL in which this is the way I choose for now I mean, are these Dr's serious when they prescribe us a BUNCH of "these" (a month's supply) and think that each & every single one of us will use EXACTLY as directed?? That's SUCH bullcrap...
    I too, am NOT a junkie and out to do my whole script in a few days while partying with my friends or something like that... However, sometimes, I lose track, or the PAIN IS too unbearable, hence I take another...
    Here's the catch, when we DO run out, we can't call the Dr's (those evil Mofos) for the reasons that you stated and so on.. so then what? We do as you (Sickofpainkillers) and just suffer until our next visit?? THEN, when you Do go visit, what, act like everything was FINE, with maYbe a small hitch & possibly hint a higher dosage or count w/o sounding like an addict? SMH...
    Well, THIS is where in lies the problem... The Dr's (of course, they NEVER touch this stuff) prescribe it to us, and... well, everyone knows how the story goes.. either sooner or later, we need more, something else, or something stronger. They know it too.. it's just a matter of how much you're reaLLy in pain (which some of us are), or how badly youre in "ehh, some pain, but enjoy the feeling" to be frank... I can go on and on...

So in response to your post SOPM, advice? yeah- here's some.. when you run out, find other sources. be careful I guess, but it IS out there- everywhere. I am a person who suffers legitimate pain (phsically) and (mentally, my JOB, LOL) and I can tell you that I genuinely felt so bad for you by reading your post, and ent out of my way to set up an account and join this forum to say my 2 cents, vent a little, and offer some raw advice
    Ahh- I feel better now.. IDK what i even said, however I had to get that off my chest... if you have any questions, feel free to bomb away.... I will check my email to see if I got any responses.

Remember SOPM's, Youre not alone and again, where there's a will there's a way! And No, you're not a junkie... Nor am I (ok, I'm gonna get bashed for saying that one! Lol)
    but anyways, hang in there and if what I am saying makes you uncomfortable, speak to your Dr when you run out and be honest. Lying is the worst thing you can do.. regarding this situation, & life in general.

Good luck and Nice to finally meet all you SWIM's and SWIY's and WTVR elses! hahahahhahahhaha~

one love,

ctown316 : )

Pingie is offline New Member

"Durgaesic patches work by releasing fentanyl into subcutaneous fats, which then slowly releases the drug into the blood stream over 72 hours, allowing for long lasting relief of pain and it's over 3 days not 2.

Do NOT use 2 patches at the same time without Dr's ok, as you can set yourself for an ODD."

~ Rawoody, Couldn't of said it better myself.

Also the patches take 2 days to get in your system after you put the 1st one on.

It's also best to put the patch some place on your upper body (upper arm area, ribs, shoulder blades ect, some place that gets a lot of circulation.

DO NOT use or cut open the patch for any reason, DO NOT use the patch If It's cut, bent or anything when u open it, Very dangerous!

NOTSONUTSO is offline New Member

Lightbulb Brand new to fentanyl patch 25 mcg

Hello! I've been prescribed percocet since 2000. Been on perc 10/650 @ 120 per month since Sept. 2007. My pain has been very poorly controlled. Prescribed tramadol (ultram) in 2004; 50 mg @ 90 per month. The stuff has become basically useless.
    Today, my PCP prescribed fentanyl 25mcg every 3 days. He is continuing me on the percocet 10/650 for break-through. I applied the (tiny) patch about 4 hours ago. Not feeling any relief yet (took a percocet an hour ago) but am feeling better after reading the posts here. I'm guessing I will feel much better in the morning. I'm hoping to not need more than 2 percocets per day. I was spending $60 - $70 per month on OTC ThermaCare heatwraps which I could little afford. Hoping to eventually not need my heating pad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast