Accunpuncture for migraine aura?
    fallinapart2night is offline New Member

Default Accunpuncture for migraine aura?

Hi. I’m a migraneur and suffer it for about 3-4 times a month. I get very bad auras. I mean I can manage the headache pretty well, just enough to get me through the day through fioricet. But the discomfort from the aura is too much. I heard from a relative that to solve this migraine and the aura thing, I should try going to an accupuncturist. His friend’s migraine was gone after a few sessions, he said. Any info about this? Does it really work?

cess06 is offline New Member

I've heard a lot of good things about acupuncture and as I see it's effective try it if you're not afraid from needles.

cutecub00 is offline New Member

Acupuncture treatment for migraine is different from the typical acupuncture procedure. Migraine pain is supposedly caused by dilation of blood vessels in the head and insertion of needles to manipulate this physiological activity isn’t desirable. As such, experts follow an approach to minimize the activity of blood vessels in the head and neck during a migraine attack.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 08-11-2014 at 03:04 AM.

Athea is offline New Member

The needles therapy appeared to reduce migraine pain and lower the need for drugs.

Veronica Stel is offline New Member

Several acupressure points are believed to help relieve migraine.

Acupuncture involves inserting solid, thin, metallic needles into various places on the body.
    Acupuncture is believed to stimulate endorphins , increase blood flow, stimulate nerves, muscles and tissues.