Generic name: hyoscyamine sulfate
Dosage form: injection, solution
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Levsin safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Levsin.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The dose may be administered subcutaneously, intramuscularly, or intravenously without dilution. As with all parenteral drug products, Levsin® injection should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration whenever solution and container permit.
The usual adult recommended dose is 0.5 to 1 mL (0.25 to 0.5 mg). Some patients may need only a single dose; others may require administration two, three, or four times a day at four hour intervals.
The usual adult recommended dose is 0.5 to 1 mL (0.25 to 0.5 mg) administered intravenously 5 to 10 minutes prior to the diagnostic procedure.
Adults and pediatric patients over 2 years of age
As a pre-anesthetic medication, the recommended dose is 5 µg (0.005 mg) per kg of body weight. This dose is usually given thirty to sixty minutes prior to the anticipated time of induction of anesthesia or at the time the pre-anesthetic narcotic or sedatives are administered.
Levsin® injection may be used during surgery to reduce drug-induced bradycardia. It should be administered intravenously in increments of 0.25 mL and repeated as needed.
To achieve reversal of neuromuscular blockade, the recommended dose is 0.2 mg (0.4 mL) Levsin® injection for every 1 mg neostigmine or the equivalent dose of physostigmine or pyridostigmine.
- Levsin Side Effects
- Levsin Drug Interactions
- Ed-Spaz (hyoscyamine sulfate) tablet, orally disintegrating dosage information
- HyoMax (hyoscyamine) tablet dosage information
- HyoMax-DT (hyoscyamine sulfate) tablet dosage information
- HyoMax-FT Chewable Melt (hyoscyamine sulfate) tablet dosage information
- HyoMax-SL (hyoscyamine sulfate) tablet dosage information
- HyoMax-SR (hyoscyamine) tablet dosage information
- Hyoscyamine dosage information
- Hyosyne (hyoscyamine sulfate) oral solution dosage information