Flagyl ER Dosage
Generic name: metronidazole
Dosage form: tablet, film coated, extended release
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Flagyl ER safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Flagyl ER.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
750 mg once daily by mouth for seven consecutive days.
FLAGYL ER 750 mg tablets should be taken under fasting conditions, at least one hour before or two hours after meals. The optimum extended-release characteristics of FLAGYL ER 750 mg are obtained when the drug is taken under fasting conditions (See CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY, Absorption).
FLAGYL ER tablets should not be split, chewed, or crushed.
Patients Undergoing Hemodialysis
Hemodialysis removes significant amounts of metronidazole and its metabolites from systemic circulation. The clearance of metronidazole will depend on the type of dialysis membrane used, the duration of the dialysis session, and other factors. If the administration of metronidazole cannot be separated from a hemodialysis session, supplementation of metronidazole dosage following the hemodialysis session should be considered, depending on the patient's clinical situation (see CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY).
- Flagyl ER Side Effects
- Flagyl ER Drug Interactions
- Flagyl (metronidazole) tablet, film coated dosage information
- Flagyl (metronidazole) consumer information
- Flagyl 375 Capsules (metronidazole) capsule dosage information
- Flagyl Injection (metronidazole) injection, solution dosage information
- Metronidazole dosage information
- Metronidazole consumer information