User Reviews for Zomig-ZMT

Learn more about Zomig-ZMT.

Migraine 11 reviews 69 medications

8.2
Summary of Zomig-ZMT reviews 11 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Zomig-ZMT

For Migraine "I've suffered from migraines for over 20 years. Various treatments have worked over the years but lose their effectiveness after certain amount of time. Zomig has helped me tremendously because of the various methods of delivery. I'll take the nasal spray & when that stops working after a few months, I'll switch to the tablets. While this product does work, it sometimes can take a second dose before I get relief. Sometimes, it doesn't work at all. It really depends on how soon I take it. Like someone else said in a previous review, sometimes I don't realize it's going to be a migraine. I do still get regular headaches and using my migraine medicine on those, in my opinion, can be wasteful. Especially at the price you have to pay for it."

Seeramoni April 28, 2015

For Migraine "I get relief from Zomig. I can't drink hot drinks like coffee or tea though unless I have lots of milk in it. If I take a shower the water hurts my skin unless I have the temperature very low. I don't know why Zomig gives a sensitivity to hot water & hot drinks. It does clear the headaches. I get tired though."

Riley123 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 11, 2014

For Migraine "Zomig is effective, though I occasionally require a second dose. After taking Zomig, I experience stiffness and achiness throughout my body. Warm water feels very hot on my hands and if I drink tea, it has to be barely warm or it feels like it is burning my mouth. Sometimes after several days of migraines treated with Zomig, I am so sore all over that I have trouble walking or doing anything physical. I have fibromyalgia and it seems like Zomig makes it worse- more painful."

petallamb May 25, 2013

For Migraine "Zomig ZMT works well for me, so far. 2 years on it after Maxalt seemed to be less effective. I begin vomiting and nothing can help me then, so orally disintegrating tablets or a shot is all I can do. My migraines always seemed to be hormonal, but now that I'm post-menopause, I still get them. Maybe fewer, but just as severe without treatment. Lifetime sufferer with family history (father, his brother, his sister, his mother, his brother's daughter, me, all 3 of my kids). Having these migraine medicines work is like a miracle!"

Anonymous April 27, 2012

For Migraine "Zomig ZMT works well for me, especially when I take it just as I get the feeling I will get a migraine. All migraine symptoms are gone within 30-45 minutes. My side effects are: *drowsiness (but not so much that I can't function. I just yawn a lot), some neck stiffness, taste sensitivity (the first several bites of food after letting the tablet dissolve cause my tastebuds to feel really funny... sort of a sharp feeling if that makes any sense at all) BUT, those symptoms are a lot better than having a migraine! "

Anonymous September 23, 2011

For Migraine "My migraines appear hormonal related, premenopausal in my 40's. If taken at onset Zomig is very effective against my migraines. If taken later it is still effective, but requires another dose within a few hours, as directed, to get the pain under control - HOWEVER if taken then I've had the stiff neck and jaw thing. I do notice that my skin is sensitive to heat after I've taken Zomig and my taste buds are sensitive to some flavors (excessive salivating). It does make me dizzy. I usually break a tablet in half (which I was just reading you're NOT supposed to do, but it doesn't say why), and if I catch the migraine fast enough half is usually enough to deter it. I save the other half for later if the migraine feels like it is returning."

Anonymous June 14, 2010

For Migraine "This product seemed to work really fast but sometimes it wouldn't take care of all the pain from the migraine. Also, I noticed when I do a hard body workout at the gym and if I get a migraine the next day or two, after that workout the medicine made my body ache real bad. My chest, arms, and legs would really hurt from the constricting blood vessels. "

Shiro March 31, 2010

For Migraine "Works well, some sleepiness."

VYH1 June 29, 2009

For Migraine "As far as I know, Zomig is a swallowed tablet and Zomig-ZMT is the orally disintegrating tablet, with a zingy orange flavor. I didn't notice much difference but I imagine the ZMT works faster as it disperses in the mouth. With this abortive, as with many, it works best if you take it 'during onset of migraine'. This is an issue for me because sometimes at onset I'm not sure if it will actually develop into a migraine, so I don't take it and then I am in agony two hours later, even with two doses, which are not/hardly effective since I've missed onset."

Anonymous June 17, 2009

For Migraine "Does not work at all for me."

kv030878 March 29, 2009

For Migraine "Fantastic. I use to suffer with nasty migranes that would leave me in bed, in too much pain to even cry. I use zomig rapi-melt 2.5mg. It takes between 20-40 mins to work, at any stage of the attack, and clears all symptoms."

lorney March 21, 2008