User Reviews for Zomig-ZMT

Learn more about Zomig-ZMT.

Migraine 9 reviews 77 medications

8.2
Summary of Zomig-ZMT reviews 9 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Zomig-ZMT

Review by petallamb:

For Migraine: Zomig is effective, though I occasionally require a second dose. After taking Zomig, I experience stiffness and achiness throughout my body. Warm water feels very hot on my hands and if I drink tea, it has to be barely warm or it feels like it is burning my mouth. Sometimes after several days of migraines treated with Zomig, I am so sore all over that I have trouble walking or doing anything physical. I have fibromyalgia and it seems like Zomig makes it worse- more painful.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 25, 2013 11:00 PM

For Migraine: Zomig ZMT works well for me, so far. 2 years on it after Maxalt seemed to be less effective. I begin vomiting and nothing can help me then, so orally disintegrating tablets or a shot is all I can do. My migraines always seemed to be hormonal, but now that I'm post-menopause, I still get them. Maybe fewer, but just as severe without treatment. Lifetime sufferer with family history (father, his brother, his sister, his mother, his brother's daughter, me, all 3 of my kids). Having these migraine medicines work is like a miracle!

April 27, 2012 9:54 AM

For Migraine: Zomig ZMT works well for me, especially when I take it just as I get the feeling I will get a migraine. All migraine symptoms are gone within 30-45 minutes. My side effects are: *drowsiness (but not so much that I can't function. I just yawn a lot), some neck stiffness, taste sensitivity (the first several bites of food after letting the tablet dissolve cause my tastebuds to feel really funny... sort of a sharp feeling if that makes any sense at all) BUT, those symptoms are a lot better than having a migraine!

September 23, 2011 12:04 PM

For Migraine: My migraines appear hormonal related, premenopausal in my 40's. If taken at onset Zomig is very effective against my migraines. If taken later it is still effective, but requires another dose within a few hours, as directed, to get the pain under control - HOWEVER if taken then I've had the stiff neck and jaw thing. I do notice that my skin is sensitive to heat after I've taken Zomig and my taste buds are sensitive to some flavors (excessive salivating). It does make me dizzy. I usually break a tablet in half (which I was just reading you're NOT supposed to do, but it doesn't say why), and if I catch the migraine fast enough half is usually enough to deter it. I save the other half for later if the migraine feels like it is returning.

June 14, 2010 12:11 PM

Review by Shiro:

For Migraine: This product seemed to work really fast but sometimes it wouldn't take care of all the pain from the migraine. Also, I noticed when I do a hard body workout at the gym and if I get a migraine the next day or two, after that workout the medicine made my body ache real bad. My chest, arms, and legs would really hurt from the constricting blood vessels.

March 31, 2010 12:34 AM

Review by VYH1:

For Migraine: Works well, some sleepiness.

June 29, 2009 3:18 PM

For Migraine: As far as I know, Zomig is a swallowed tablet and Zomig-ZMT is the orally disintegrating tablet, with a zingy orange flavor. I didn't notice much difference but I imagine the ZMT works faster as it disperses in the mouth. With this abortive, as with many, it works best if you take it 'during onset of migraine'. This is an issue for me because sometimes at onset I'm not sure if it will actually develop into a migraine, so I don't take it and then I am in agony two hours later, even with two doses, which are not/hardly effective since I've missed onset.

June 17, 2009 1:10 AM

Review by kv030878:

For Migraine: Does not work at all for me.

March 29, 2009 4:05 AM

Review by lorney:

For Migraine: Fantastic. I use to suffer with nasty migranes that would leave me in bed, in too much pain to even cry. I use zomig rapi-melt 2.5mg. It takes between 20-40 mins to work, at any stage of the attack, and clears all symptoms.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate