User Reviews for Zometa

Learn more about Zometa.

Reviews for Zometa to treat Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors

"IV Zometa yesterday woke up this morning body aches headache fever slept all day. "

robbij (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2015

"I have had three infusions (1 monthly) intravenously administered. No one advised that I should continue taking calcium supplements - good thing I asked! The first infusion led to three days of severe joint pain abating each day. The second infusion had lesser effects and the third one lessened from the 2nd. Hydrate well before and after the injections. I've had transient chest pain, chills, side pain, episodes lasting for 1-2 minutes."

listener202 December 12, 2013

"I have been receiving Zometa via IV infusion for about 3 years now - At first three weekly then after about a year, four weekly - I have breast cancer, bone metastasis. If I take the infusion over 15 minutes....during the following day I will begin with severe vomiting and flu symptoms which last for two days and nights after which I'm fine. However, if I have the infusion over 30 minutes - as advised on the internet way back in the early days of my treatments, I have NO side effects whatsoever - no sickness, no aches & pains! I have spoken to other women who have experienced the same - take the infusion slower, drink plenty of water, and you might just find your horrid side-effects disappear!"

SueBubbles (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 5, 2013

"Side effects: Hair Loss. Dehydration."

Anonymous March 1, 2013

"I dreaded the side-effects and had NONE. I had the intravenous infusion three days before Christmas 2011 and was scared that I would be flattened by the supposed side-effects like flu-like symptoms, bone ache and so forth and was pleasantly surprised. I am having my second one in just ten days time and hopefully it will be a repeat of the first one."

boomerangbronwen January 25, 2012