User Reviews for Trimethoprim

Also known as: Primsol, Proloprim, Trimpex

Learn more about Trimethoprim.

Bladder Infection 1 reviews 79 medications

Urinary Tract Infection 2 reviews 158 medications

3.5
Otitis Media 0 reviews 146 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prevention of Bladder infection 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Trimethoprim reviews 3 reviews 4.0

Reviews for Trimethoprim

Review by Jeglen (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: This medication does work rapidly on urinary tract infections but has given me a sore throat.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2013 3:24 PM

Review by Extreme pain experienced:

For Urinary Tract Infection: After several bouts of urinary tract infections while awaiting prolapse surgery - bladder unable to void efficiently - I experienced extremely severe mouth ulcers on each occasion, lasting three weeks. I was told this was probably because I was "run down". However, most recently, half an hour after taking the first dose of Trimethoprim I experienced intense burning of my lower lip, accompanied by extreme swelling. Recognising this as the start of the severe mouth ulceration I had experienced previously on numerous occasions, I informed my doctor, who immediately prescribed antihistamine and told me to stop taking the Trimethoprim, substituting another antibiotic.

February 15, 2013 3:19 PM

Review by Jsyjn (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bladder Infection: It cleared my cystitis but I got a rash after 4 days so stopped it.

December 10, 2012 1:21 PM