User Reviews for Trimethoprim

Also known as: Primsol, Proloprim, Trimpex

Learn more about Trimethoprim.

Urinary Tract Infection 2 reviews 163 medications

3.5
Bladder Infection 2 reviews 79 medications

Otitis Media 0 reviews 135 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prevention of Bladder infection 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Trimethoprim reviews 4 reviews 3.3

Reviews for Trimethoprim

For Bladder Infection: "I was prescribed 200mg 2x day, and two days in I stopped taking these tablets-that was two days ago and still my entire body is a mass of burning red itchiness- looks like measles and is getting worse."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "This medication does work rapidly on urinary tract infections but has given me a sore throat."

Jeglen (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2013

For Urinary Tract Infection: "After several bouts of urinary tract infections while awaiting prolapse surgery - bladder unable to void efficiently - I experienced extremely severe mouth ulcers on each occasion, lasting three weeks. I was told this was probably because I was "run down". However, most recently, half an hour after taking the first dose of Trimethoprim I experienced intense burning of my lower lip, accompanied by extreme swelling. Recognising this as the start of the severe mouth ulceration I had experienced previously on numerous occasions, I informed my doctor, who immediately prescribed antihistamine and told me to stop taking the Trimethoprim, substituting another antibiotic. "

Extreme pain experienced February 15, 2013

For Bladder Infection: "It cleared my cystitis but I got a rash after 4 days so stopped it."

Jsyjn (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2012