User Reviews for Triazolam

Also known as: Halcion

Learn more about Triazolam.

Triazolam Review Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 79 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Triazolam to treat Insomnia

Halcion (triazolam): "I have problems falling asleep and staying asleep. Halcion works really well and I have been taking 0.25mg once a night for the past 5 years and I have never needed to increase the dose. I sometimes only take half a pill and it works okay. I've tried ambien and lunesta but they didn't work as well. I have noticed memory problems and short term memory loss over the years and think it may be caused by the long term daily use but I'd rather get good sleep. Insurance only covers 10 pills so I just pay out of pocket to get 30 pills."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 30, 2015

"Triazolam (halcion) is great. In 10 years of use I have never built up tolerance to it but only use it when required. Upon average 5 nights a week. I break my 0.25mg in half and make sure that I am relaxed as possible when taking it. There appears, for me anyhow, to be a threshold of about 15 to 30 mins after taking it where if you get involved in stressful activity its effectiveness is reduced dramatically. Best used in conjunction with relaxation techniques."

Narvirna (taken for 10 years or more) May 30, 2015

Halcion (triazolam): "Probably one of the BEST medications for insomnia..its a shame its rarely prescribed anymore."

slosippa (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 23, 2015

Halcion (triazolam): "Halcion has been very effective for me. The only problem I have noticed is if I eat late the medicine is not effective. I take Halcion with trazodone and never had to increase dosage on either medicine. I have been using this combination for 5 or 6 years. My insomnia was a result of menopause."

Tinafrca August 21, 2014

Halcion (triazolam): "I was prescribed 0.25mg for about 9 months. It worked great. Quick acting and nice feeling. But tolerance did build up towards the end and was not getting as good sleep. I'm on Zolpidem now which I find great."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 23, 2014

"Has given me back my life after years of insomnia."

que111 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 16, 2014

"I have now tried this medication twice the first time I had taken two 0.25 mg tablets with no effect the next night I took three and I still could not sleep I am still waiting on my doctor before taking any more."

JDtriazolam (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2013

"I suffered from severe insomnia for years, and tried many prescription sleep aids over that period, however none have been as effective for me as triazolam has been. I have gotten my life back, and no longer have trouble falling asleep, it works fast and I have not experienced any side effects."

jack00000008 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 19, 2013

Halcion (triazolam): "It is not pleasant if you cannot function in life because you cannot sleep... this medication helped me to get back to my life."

gch February 19, 2013

"Triazolam works great and I've tried almost all the benzodiazepines for insomnia and this one works the best. My doctor retired and my new doctor wont write me a script for it, even though I showed him a printout that read I been taking it for 7 years. It has a real short half-life so you shouldn't wake up groggy in the morning. The doctor put me on Temazepam which doesn't work half as good."

RemSupreme (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 13, 2012

Halcion (triazolam): "My PCP switched me from Ambien to Halcion about 5 months ago because I suffer from severe insomnia. I take 2 every evening, fall asleep fast and sleep about 5-7 hours (which is great for me). I recommend this sleep aid over any other."

Mom of three (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2012

Halcion (triazolam): "I was prescribed this medication by my Dr for insomnia and I have to say it works great! Works fast, get a great nights sleep with no hang over effects. Wake up refreshed and ready to go the next day."

SuzieQ07 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 26, 2012

Halcion (triazolam): "Works quickly, no "hangover" or side effects, have taken it for 2 years with no need to up dosage- more effective than Lunesta or Ambien for me and no side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2012

Halcion (triazolam): "Works great!"

Anonymous September 30, 2011

Halcion (triazolam): "My problem is not falling asleep, but staying asleep. Halcion is perfect for me. I wake up without drowsiness. I do not take every night...only when I need to break the bad sleep cycle. I have tried almost every sleeping pill over the years and keep returning to Halcion. It is inexpensive (compared to others like Lunesta) and effective...what more can you ask."

Anonymous June 1, 2011

"I never had problems with this medication. I don't take it when I don't need it."

Anonymous April 13, 2011

"I have used triazolam for over 20 years and it is the most effective medicine to help sleep. I have had no side effects. I would highly recommend this medication."

kelly b July 28, 2010

"I've tried them all only to be met with violent dreams. Triazolam has given me my only restful sleep."

roageorge May 23, 2010

Halcion (triazolam): "I use Halcion. It will help for falling a sleep. It works great for me. I don't have the drowzieness when wake up in the morning."

Anonymous July 20, 2009