User Reviews for Axiron

Learn more about Axiron.

Axiron Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 37 medications used in the treatment of Hypogonadism, Male.

Reviews for Axiron to treat Hypogonadism, Male

"Axiron works great. After 2 months my my T levels were between 400 and 500. Sadly, my insurance won't cover it anymore and now I'm force to find a new option because I can't afford $500 a month out of pocket."

J J B (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2016

"severe blurred vision, frequent urination day & night, abdominal discomfort."

josephplus February 3, 2016

"After 3 months, I have seen no effects whatsoever, except for a slight increase in appetite. I have achieved no increase in weight loss despite strict diet and work-out regimes. No sexual desire increase. NO confidence or focus changes. Completely without benefit at this point in time."

JimmyOOOOOO November 20, 2015

"This product has been wonderful. My energy has been restored, I have normal sexual function and desire and really have had no adverse side affects at all. My underarms that were never very hairy are now very hairy and my formerly smooth abdomen and stomach are now hairy, but other than that I've not had any side effects. All positive effects!"

AnonymousSC September 3, 2015

"Wow, Had very low level. Doctor recommended Axiron, This has changed my sex drive for a 69 year old male. I notice the change with in a few weeks went to have sex two or three times a month to three to four times a week have more confidence. Take your time and give it a try."

Brian.. June 1, 2015

"So far no side affects and a huge improvment in my sex drive and and less tired."

phill56 April 12, 2015

"When i first started using axiron, it burned for a few minutes. I was afriad this would be the rest of my life. Nope! Two weeks later the burning stopped. I have tried testim, androgel and hated the messy applications, and feared spreading it on my nieces. This goes under my arm and I love it! It is worth the extra 30 dollars from my insurance. I do recommend!"

low T oib (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2015

"I like this product, it's the only one that hasn't caused irritation. I do think I need the strength increased a little. I have noticed some change and It has raised my testosterone levels, but they are still not high enough. I still feel lousy. I high recommend it."

cvdixon3031 February 8, 2015

"Hi, I am Brazilian. So, sorry about my English. I am 57 yo and I started to have a very hard anxiety and depression around 10 years ago. After a lot of diferent antidepressants and anxiolytic medicines that worsened or destroyed my sexual life for almost 10 years I found that I had hypogonadism. My doctor prescribed Axiron 6 months ago and my depression and anxiety simply disapeared and I have now a normal life, with much more energy and my sexual life is back. Axiron saved my life."

Joaofernandes (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 24, 2014

"This product is easy to use. I was using the patch. It would come off. Now I don't have to worry about it."

iam410us (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2014

"I am 70 and after blood test was told by my doctor that my testosterone level was very low compared to my last test 5 years earlier. I was not getting erections very much at all, could not get off when I did, was pretty stressed, irritable, and just not feeling very up. I've been on Axiron for 5 weeks and things have changed remarkably. I get horny a lot, get erections at least once a day (4 times one day), can have orgasms more often, feel more relaxed, less stressed out, and noticeably less irritable. I go back to the doctor in two weeks for the latest blood test results. The blood was drawn two weeks ago. I only have one complaint about the medicine...the cost. I'm not sure I can afford it continuously, and I don't have Medicare B."

Stanton D. June 9, 2014

"I was on Axiron for 11 months using three pumps per day, after a while I began having adverse effects in the form of out of control libido and uncontrollable desires that I had never had before. During the time my Dr. never tested me so I have no idea where I was at. Some men may think this is ok, but the side effects on me where horrible."

Gilltoyed May 2, 2014

"Having used Axiron for 20 months, I thought I'd let you know of my continued good feeling, no adverse effects, most things seem beneficial. I seem to have gotten a bit thicker in size, no increase in length however. My testicles, which shrunk in size at the beginning of treatment, seem to have returned to their original size, thankfully ! I now have a hairy belly, above my normal pubic area up to my navel... this area prior to treatment was as smooth as my palms and now I'm developing a happy trail. Perhaps I went through puberty with Low T levels.. my numbers have gone from 293 to 554 to 570 and last was 663. Two squirts daily, one applied approximately 7am after showering and again at 7pm."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 2, 2014

"In 6 weeks from first using Axiron, my levels went from 236 to 375. No bad. To the people talking about testicular shrinkage - ask your doctor about HCG shots. I start them on Monday and they are supposed to totally alleviate that issue. I will report back after a month and let you know the results. Supposedly 30 days (once a day) is all it takes for most people to get them back to normal. You give them to yourself in the stomach. It isn't hard, I tested it with my doctor using some vitamin B."

DanXX January 23, 2014

"I am 56 yo male and have been on shots and Axiron for 11 months and my testosterone levels are still around 150. Before I started any testosterone, I was at about 230, then after starting shots every 4 weeks my T-levels dropped and kept dropping to about 95 and recently went up to 150. The 200 mg shots are every three weeks now and Axiron daily 60 mg but still no major results except gaining weight and some muscle mass. All hormones were normal except FSH that was elevated. Don't know what the problem is because most people do well with shots and axiron."

not working yet (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 12, 2014

"I've been using Axiron for a year now and have mostly enjoyed the results. My T level was 293 before starting Axiron & now is roughly 570 at quarterly blood tests. I've experienced the good results, alertness, happiness and an overall feeling of well being. I also take 125 mcg of Thyroid med every morning for hypothyroidism, my Cholestorol is 118, down from 400. I have no complaints about Axiron except what has happened to my testicles. They were big, and hung down nicely. I noticed after about 5 months on Axiron that they weren't hanging down as normal, but I chalked that up to age, more than using Axiron for my TRT..... after paying closer attention, I now have testicles that are about 60% of their pre-Axiron size. "

Axiron user December 5, 2013

"45 year old male. Healthy but fat. Falling Libido, no energy, no joy of life, cranky, lack of focus and gaining weight. Fatigue so high it was hard to get out of bed. T levels 170. I have been on Axiron for 60 days. Wow what a difference. First few days I had some nausea and cramping, mood improvement was next followed by increased energy and screaming boost in libido. Wife now dreads the new me, she thought she was done running away and keeping me off her. Back in the Gym after 30 days. Still going 3 days a week doing 45 min of Cardio and 15 min weight lifting. Not a lot but for me its huge improvement. Insurace wants to talk to my Doctor about my need. This product is awesome and I will fight to keep it."

Happy Bears fan December 4, 2013

"46 year old male - count 238. I pump under each arm. I've only been on this for 4 days now so I can't say how effective it is yet - I am having side effect after side effect however with each day being different. To sum it all up though: Nausea - day 1 and 2 Rapid heartbeat - Day 1 only Induced asthma attacks ( haven't had one in years) Days 1 and 2 Odd/sour taste in mouth - days 3 and 4 RAGE - day 4 (I wanted to drive over everyone on the highway!) and the worst: Day 4 - upper abdominal bloating. So bad it feels like someone added 50 pounds to my upper abs. Now it wasn't all bad - Day 3 I felt GREAT with the exception of the odd taste in my mouth. I told my doctor yesterday of the symptoms up to that point and he said they should pass"

Dan67 (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2013

"I started 60 mg of Axiron on 30 Oct it is now 12 Nov. I feel like a gladiator, a warrior. I'm 48 this month, Blk Man, I weigh in at 264 lbs, 5-10, yes that's big but I have lots of muscle mass on me as well as fat. I checked my blood level before I started it was at 175. I never would had thought my Tlevel was low because I've always been a beast in the sack, but I did have the other symptoms. I go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week now and lift moderately. My body swells up like I was 20 again. My mind is a lot sharper than without Axiron and the sex life? Let just say I have to chase the wife down and still have mega energy. Only about 14 days in and I can see outlines of what's about to happen in my body. WOW! I am satisfied totally."

Richie Gee November 12, 2013

"I just want to see if anyone has had this experience. My husband started axiron 4 weeks ago and the day he started it, miraculously his personality changed. He has got an extremely low sex drive, with a T level on the lowest side of normal levels but the main reason he started axiron woz due to his irritable, moody, crabby personality. Thing is , he bought a new car around the same time so it is possibly a combination of things as to why his mood is not so crappy. I actually like spending time with him now and I guess I shouldn't worry as to why his persona has improved greatly but I'm just curious. He is 46."

Happy wife (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2013

"Yoo, this stuff works! Been on it three days, and I really feel like my old Self. So far so good... I know my mood has improved, I'm confident the Ed will get better I'm sick of popping the magic blue pills.... Fortunately my insurance paid for the pump. Gl gents."

Jc2u2 November 1, 2013

"My wife is happy! I feel better; more energy, less brain fog, positive attitude, and I wake up on a kickstand again. No skin irritation. Deduct 1 star due to high expense. Testosterone cypionate is MUCH cheaper. This is a great delivery system, however, and excellent design. Total Test went from 383 to 901. Free T went from below range to 1/3 inside range. The conversion factors and different assays make it impossible to post here. May switch to cypionate and do IM injections myself to save money."

60mg/day: Easy to use, no sides, GREAT results October 29, 2013

"I have been on Axiron for 1 month. Before this my T level was 172, now it's 490. During this time I was reading this forum. I read how guys felt incredible after 3 days. Well the discussion I had with my doctor today was this, WHY don%u2019t I feel any different, I go to the gym approx 3-4 times a week, and really give it when I'm there. I'm 180lbs, and my body size is slim and trim, but no muscle mass. I thought this would at least help me in the gym? The Doctor explain that in no way should I know any change until at least using this medicine for 3 months. As for muscle mass, this should take approximately a year after taking Axiron. Guess I'll just be patient."

SaltLife (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2013

"I had ZERO libido, weakness, lack of enthusiasm, kind of "just existing joylessly". Tested very low to below normal Testosterone for a guy in his early 40's. After a few weeks on this, most of my symptoms are gone. Sadly, the libido has only improved a little bit. But my mood is improved & it seems like my brain works better. The most surprising effect has been a rapid increase in muscle mass and improved muscle tone. Just 30 minutes of push-ups and work with free weights a couple days a week has had amazing results. Exercise has never paid off like this. (Maybe I've been on the low end of testosterone all my life). My only worry now is what will happen if my body compensates for the Axiron and reduces its natural T production."

Any Nonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2013

"Following a radical prostatectomy in 2006, I started using Axiron in April 2013. Within 3 days, immediate improvement in sexual performance to like prior to surgery condition. Sex went from once every 1-2 months to 2-3 times a week. My wife said "what's gotten into you"? Even on some occasions Erectile Dysfunction pills where not even needed. Lately it seems the effects have diminished for unknown reasons. I'm healthy, eat a good diet, I do a power walk 5 days a week (4 miles) and lift weights 3 days a week. I use 30 mg under each arm once a day. No irritation issues. I'm just hoping the feelings of when I first started the medication returns."

California Dreamin August 15, 2013