User Reviews for Axiron

Learn more about Axiron.

Axiron review summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 37 medications used in the treatment of Hypogonadism, Male.

Reviews for Axiron to treat Hypogonadism, Male

Review by iam410us (taken for less than 1 month):

This product is easy to use. I was using the patch. It would come off. Now I don't have to worry about it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 16, 2014 9:17 AM

Review by Stanton D.:

I am 70 and after blood test was told by my doctor that my testosterone level was very low compared to my last test 5 years earlier. I was not getting erections very much at all, could not get off when I did, was pretty stressed, irritable, and just not feeling very up. I've been on Axiron for 5 weeks and things have changed remarkably. I get horny a lot, get erections at least once a day (4 times one day), can have orgasms more often, feel more relaxed, less stressed out, and noticeably less irritable. I go back to the doctor in two weeks for the latest blood test results. The blood was drawn two weeks ago. I only have one complaint about the medicine...the cost. I'm not sure I can afford it continuously, and I don't have Medicare B.

June 9, 2014 3:24 PM

Review by Gilltoyed:

I was on Axiron for 11 months using three pumps per day, after a while I began having adverse effects in the form of out of control libido and uncontrollable desires that I had never had before. During the time my Dr. never tested me so I have no idea where I was at. Some men may think this is ok, but the side effects on me where horrible.

May 2, 2014 3:11 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Having used Axiron for 20 months, I thought I'd let you know of my continued good feeling, no adverse effects, most things seem beneficial. I seem to have gotten a bit thicker in size, no increase in length however. My testicles, which shrunk in size at the beginning of treatment, seem to have returned to their original size, thankfully ! I now have a hairy belly, above my normal pubic area up to my navel... this area prior to treatment was as smooth as my palms and now I'm developing a happy trail. Perhaps I went through puberty with Low T levels.. my numbers have gone from 293 to 554 to 570 and last was 663. Two squirts daily, one applied approximately 7am after showering and again at 7pm.

April 2, 2014 9:12 PM

Review by DanXX:

In 6 weeks from first using Axiron, my levels went from 236 to 375. No bad. To the people talking about testicular shrinkage - ask your doctor about HCG shots. I start them on Monday and they are supposed to totally alleviate that issue. I will report back after a month and let you know the results. Supposedly 30 days (once a day) is all it takes for most people to get them back to normal. You give them to yourself in the stomach. It isn't hard, I tested it with my doctor using some vitamin B.

January 23, 2014 9:38 AM

Review by not working yet (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I am 56 yo male and have been on shots and Axiron for 11 months and my testosterone levels are still around 150. Before I started any testosterone, I was at about 230, then after starting shots every 4 weeks my T-levels dropped and kept dropping to about 95 and recently went up to 150. The 200 mg shots are every three weeks now and Axiron daily 60 mg but still no major results except gaining weight and some muscle mass. All hormones were normal except FSH that was elevated. Don't know what the problem is because most people do well with shots and axiron.

January 12, 2014 2:34 AM

Review by Axiron user:

I've been using Axiron for a year now and have mostly enjoyed the results. My T level was 293 before starting Axiron & now is roughly 570 at quarterly blood tests. I've experienced the good results, alertness, happiness and an overall feeling of well being. I also take 125 mcg of Thyroid med every morning for hypothyroidism, my Cholestorol is 118, down from 400. I have no complaints about Axiron except what has happened to my testicles. They were big, and hung down nicely. I noticed after about 5 months on Axiron that they weren't hanging down as normal, but I chalked that up to age, more than using Axiron for my TRT..... after paying closer attention, I now have testicles that are about 60% of their pre-Axiron size.

December 5, 2013 7:21 PM

Review by Happy Bears fan:

45 year old male. Healthy but fat. Falling Libido, no energy, no joy of life, cranky, lack of focus and gaining weight. Fatigue so high it was hard to get out of bed. T levels 170. I have been on Axiron for 60 days. Wow what a difference. First few days I had some nausea and cramping, mood improvement was next followed by increased energy and screaming boost in libido. Wife now dreads the new me, she thought she was done running away and keeping me off her. Back in the Gym after 30 days. Still going 3 days a week doing 45 min of Cardio and 15 min weight lifting. Not a lot but for me its huge improvement. Insurace wants to talk to my Doctor about my need. This product is awesome and I will fight to keep it.

December 4, 2013 2:23 PM

Review by Dan67 (taken for less than 1 month):

46 year old male - count 238. I pump under each arm. I've only been on this for 4 days now so I can't say how effective it is yet - I am having side effect after side effect however with each day being different. To sum it all up though: Nausea - day 1 and 2 Rapid heartbeat - Day 1 only Induced asthma attacks ( haven't had one in years) Days 1 and 2 Odd/sour taste in mouth - days 3 and 4 RAGE - day 4 (I wanted to drive over everyone on the highway!) and the worst: Day 4 - upper abdominal bloating. So bad it feels like someone added 50 pounds to my upper abs. Now it wasn't all bad - Day 3 I felt GREAT with the exception of the odd taste in my mouth. I told my doctor yesterday of the symptoms up to that point and he said they should pass

November 22, 2013 9:02 PM

Review by Richie Gee:

I started 60 mg of Axiron on 30 Oct it is now 12 Nov. I feel like a gladiator, a warrior. I'm 48 this month, Blk Man, I weigh in at 264 lbs, 5-10, yes that's big but I have lots of muscle mass on me as well as fat. I checked my blood level before I started it was at 175. I never would had thought my Tlevel was low because I've always been a beast in the sack, but I did have the other symptoms. I go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week now and lift moderately. My body swells up like I was 20 again. My mind is a lot sharper than without Axiron and the sex life? Let just say I have to chase the wife down and still have mega energy. Only about 14 days in and I can see outlines of what's about to happen in my body. WOW! I am satisfied totally.

November 12, 2013 3:52 PM

Review by Happy wife (taken for less than 1 month):

I just want to see if anyone has had this experience. My husband started axiron 4 weeks ago and the day he started it, miraculously his personality changed. He has got an extremely low sex drive, with a T level on the lowest side of normal levels but the main reason he started axiron woz due to his irritable, moody, crabby personality. Thing is , he bought a new car around the same time so it is possibly a combination of things as to why his mood is not so crappy. I actually like spending time with him now and I guess I shouldn't worry as to why his persona has improved greatly but I'm just curious. He is 46.

November 8, 2013 3:16 AM

Review by Jc2u2:

Yoo, this stuff works! Been on it three days, and I really feel like my old Self. So far so good... I know my mood has improved, I'm confident the Ed will get better I'm sick of popping the magic blue pills.... Fortunately my insurance paid for the pump. Gl gents.

November 1, 2013 1:08 AM

Review by 60mg/day: Easy to use, no sides, GREAT results:

My wife is happy! I feel better; more energy, less brain fog, positive attitude, and I wake up on a kickstand again. No skin irritation. Deduct 1 star due to high expense. Testosterone cypionate is MUCH cheaper. This is a great delivery system, however, and excellent design. Total Test went from 383 to 901. Free T went from below range to 1/3 inside range. The conversion factors and different assays make it impossible to post here. May switch to cypionate and do IM injections myself to save money.

October 29, 2013 1:52 AM

Review by SaltLife (taken for less than 1 month):

I have been on Axiron for 1 month. Before this my T level was 172, now it's 490. During this time I was reading this forum. I read how guys felt incredible after 3 days. Well the discussion I had with my doctor today was this, WHY don%u2019t I feel any different, I go to the gym approx 3-4 times a week, and really give it when I'm there. I'm 180lbs, and my body size is slim and trim, but no muscle mass. I thought this would at least help me in the gym? The Doctor explain that in no way should I know any change until at least using this medicine for 3 months. As for muscle mass, this should take approximately a year after taking Axiron. Guess I'll just be patient.

October 7, 2013 7:26 AM

Review by Any Nonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I had ZERO libido, weakness, lack of enthusiasm, kind of "just existing joylessly". Tested very low to below normal Testosterone for a guy in his early 40's. After a few weeks on this, most of my symptoms are gone. Sadly, the libido has only improved a little bit. But my mood is improved & it seems like my brain works better. The most surprising effect has been a rapid increase in muscle mass and improved muscle tone. Just 30 minutes of push-ups and work with free weights a couple days a week has had amazing results. Exercise has never paid off like this. (Maybe I've been on the low end of testosterone all my life). My only worry now is what will happen if my body compensates for the Axiron and reduces its natural T production.

September 30, 2013 4:17 PM

Review by California Dreamin:

Following a radical prostatectomy in 2006, I started using Axiron in April 2013. Within 3 days, immediate improvement in sexual performance to like prior to surgery condition. Sex went from once every 1-2 months to 2-3 times a week. My wife said "what's gotten into you"? Even on some occasions Erectile Dysfunction pills where not even needed. Lately it seems the effects have diminished for unknown reasons. I'm healthy, eat a good diet, I do a power walk 5 days a week (4 miles) and lift weights 3 days a week. I use 30 mg under each arm once a day. No irritation issues. I'm just hoping the feelings of when I first started the medication returns.

August 15, 2013 7:11 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I'm a 48 year old male my T-level was 188. I started on Axiron with one pump for two weeks. Then went to two pumps for three months. I had my T-level checked and now I'm at 398. I feel a lot better now. No more muscle fatigue and my libido is up. I have noticed some hair growing back in my bald spot. I will stay on Axiron for three more months and have my T-level checked again.

August 13, 2013 10:02 PM

Review by Tubesnake:

I used Axiron for about a year and found it to be better than Testim, which I was on for two years prior. My testosterone levels reached 600 on Axiron and I had not been that close before. The product is easy to use and absorbs quickly into the skin. Moreover, it is without odor. The only problem I had with application was that at times spilled out of the applicator cup if I wasn't extra careful. I think if it was a little more like a gel, it would be easier to apply. I didn't like that I was unable to tell when I was running low. Also, the applicator and bottle are large and take up much more space than a few tubes of Testim when traveling. My overall sex drive was good and consistent. My insurance stopped covering and I'm newly on Androderm.

July 16, 2013 10:50 PM

Review by UKFAN:

I'm a 31 year old male who has been on Axiron for a month. I noticed I was feeling tired and moody, but had no sexual side effects. I had my doc check my T levels and it came back at 179. He sent me to a urologist who checked my T levels again and it had dropped 10 points in 2 weeks to 169. He started me on Axiron with 2 pumps under each arm. This made me feel like I was going to come out of my skin, much like how ephedrine makes you feel. I called my doc and he said to go to 1 pump under each arm. That seemed to work fine with no side effects. After 2 or 3 days my energy levels and mood had improved. I went back to the doc after 2 weeks on Axiron to get my T level checked and it was at 1300! I go back in 3 months to get checked again.

July 9, 2013 8:43 PM

Review by AnonymousNJ (taken for less than 1 month):

I'm 30 yrs old and just started Axiron 3 days ago. Already seeing positive results. Mood has gotten much much better, increase in libido and better erections. Hope all stays this way and its not just my mind playing tricks on me. T levels prior to use were 267. Hope it goes up from here!! Will post again when I get my levels checked again.

June 27, 2013 10:47 PM

Review by Yoyoyo425 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Now I am 3 months into it. And I'm still feeling great! A blood analysis revealed a level of 440 ng/dL (I was at 200 ng/dL before the treatment). My T level is right in the middle of the normal range. I don't have problems with skin irritation at the application sites. So it's working for me ! Sex life and marriage back on track. Fitness, good mood and mental acuity are also great. In Australia Axiron costs me about $1 per day, which is negligible considering how it changed my life. I am 36 and I am on 2 pumps a day (60mg / day).

June 26, 2013 8:55 PM

Review by Robbbb:

Generally had all the typical problems, but I'm 30 and my T-levels were >220. Axiron, like the gels (which are just a mess), is expensive. My expensive insurance has a high prescription deductible so the coupon from Lilly didn't work. I'm seeing about injections (they're much cheaper, I think only once a week, and have zero contamination risk with my child). Results? Mostly just positive attitude and better thinking, but that is probably the placebo. My libido did noticeably improve the first week but it went back down. Also under my arms turned red from irritation but that went away after awhile. I'm giving it 60 more days to see what happens.

June 14, 2013 12:26 AM

Review by PWBJ (taken for less than 1 month):

I am 44. My T level last year was 182 and climbed to 222 last month. Decided to try Axiron with the free 30 day trial. So far feeling pretty good. Mood is up, libido is up slightly, and it seems my muscle tone has improved. The problem is my insurance doesn't cover it so at around $300 / month this will be too costly to continue. Hoping for cheaper alternatives - perhaps injections. I would love to continue using Axiron but it doesn't appear to be in the cards unfortunately.

May 7, 2013 1:41 PM

Review by andreasalbus:

At 54 I had little energy by day's end. I was falling asleep in chair after dinner. For the first time, ever, my libido, was diminished. And was moody and depressed. Also, had problems concentrating at work. On 60 mgs for a month and all symptoms turned around except libido. Doc moved me ot 90 mgs. I have been on that dosage for 2 weeks and seem to have regular headaches.

April 30, 2013 4:14 PM

Review by KMBD:

I have tried it all! Very frustrated with the lack of results, my doctor put me on Axiron about a month ago. This is the one product that has truly changed my life. I feel much better. I feel much more energetic and my anxiety and mood issues are gone. I really hope this is not to good to be true!

April 24, 2013 11:51 AM