User Reviews for Restoril

Learn more about Restoril.

Insomnia 32 reviews 98 medications

7.6
Summary of Restoril reviews 32 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Restoril

Review by Ben_Reu (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: False awakening dreams, night mares, vivid dreams, reduced effectiveness over time.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 10, 2014 1:16 AM

Review by fn:

For Insomnia: This is the best sleeping pill I've ever tried. 30 years now, and still no tolerance issues. I wake up refreshed, no hangover, unlike all the other sleeping pills, as temazepam is very mild, yet it keeps you asleep. I take 15 or 30 mg, depending how I feel. I have tried Halcion and Dalmane, which weren't very effective. I also tried Ambien in the mid 90s and had horrible sleepwalking episodes. This has never happened with Restoril.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 21, 2014 9:38 AM

Review by slumber 52 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: For months been having severe insomnia. Waking 3 or 4 times during the night, never getting more than 4 hours of sleep. Twice in the span of a week and a half no sleep at all. Always feeling tired but not drowsy. I was given prescription for 10.-15mg of Restoril by an ER doctor. Took half a dose one afternoon and slept for 3 hours. Took the other half that early evening and knocked out after 20 minutes and slept for 6 hours. No side effects. Feeling better.

December 25, 2013 11:03 AM

Review by jdpi (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: Usally works within 15 mins

November 16, 2013 9:48 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: Restoril has been great. I sleep 6 hours and wake up feeling refreshed, no hangover effects. I took trazodone, Ambien, and Lunesta before. None have been as effective. I have very few nights where I struggle getting to sleep on 15mg.

August 25, 2013 10:03 PM

Review by Challenged 111:

For Insomnia: I used it along with Paxill. I used it every night for about 2 1/2 years. It did the job of getting me to sleep very well. It would without fail cause me to sleep. It lasted 4 hours, then I would wake up often, but I felt quite rested. Only occasionally would I take a second dose feeling that I needed more sleep. DO NOT MIX WITH ALCOHOL.

August 24, 2013 12:44 AM

Review by Dustin31:

For Insomnia: Worked OK! Little blurry vision but not bad! Slept good 6 hours! Ambien is a lot better just sometimes you do things and don't remember the next morning!

June 17, 2013 3:00 AM

Review by Markesha (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Insomnia: Restoril really helped me sleep. Sleeplessness was the cause of fibromyalgia for me and my rheumatologist prescribed it and I was able to sleep and deal with physical pain. What he did not tell me at all was the potential dangers of it. DO NOT drink and take it. You could die because it can cause your respiratory system to shut down. If you have taken it a long time, DO NOT wean yourself off abruptly. You could have seizures. I am being slowly weaned off of it by a doctor who is alternating dosages from 15 mg. to 30 mg. per night. I plan on giving myself plenty of time to get off of it. Be careful which medicines you use with it such as anti-inflammatories. They can increase the effects of the medicine without your expecting it.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 14, 2013 6:29 PM

Review by daedae99 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I work nights and sleep during the day going on 9 yrs and have never been able to get comfortable trying to sleep during the day. I averaged 4 maybe 5hrs of broken sleep, felt exhausted all the time. Doctor started me on Ambien it worked but I would wake up and still feel the effects, So Doctor changed me to 30mg Restoril. What a God send! It only takes about 20-30min to work for me, I sleep for 6-8 hrs and wake up feeling refreshed and without any "hungover" feeling. If you're having troubles sleeping it's worth a shot. I never thought I would be able to sleep normal again, been sleeping good for 2yrs now.

April 17, 2013 11:55 PM

Review by Jules76:

For Insomnia: I've been taking Restoril a little over a year now. At first they work wonders but when your body gets used to it it does not work anymore. Next time I see my Dr I'm going to ask for something else.

April 9, 2013 2:31 PM

Review by 36 yr old female (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Insomnia: I have taken 30mg for several years now. Worked well at first. Slept well with only slight sleepy "hangover". As time went by less and less effective. Before bed I curently take 30mg Restoril, an antidepressant that is supposed to make me tired (Lamictal), 0.5mg clonazepam or 5mg Valium, and 2 Benadryl and I still lay in bed awake for 2 or 4 hours before falling asleep. Sometimes I have to call in sick to work because it is 4 am and I haven't fallen asleep yet and know I can't get up in 2 hours and function for work. Restoril is great for about a year but I would plan on switching to something else after that!

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 15, 2013 8:40 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Insomnia: I take this about three times a week to help me sleep. I have had insomnia for two years. Even though I work 12-14 hours a day and jog 5 miles 4 times a week, I still could not sleep. Started taking this and it did not do much at first. But now it really works! I can sleep about 7 hours and only wake once or twice and can go back to sleep pretty quickly usually. I wish I could take it every night but doing this lessens its effect on me. I save it for 3 nights a week and struggle through the others. Side effects are constipation, I never 'go' the next day. Also, pretty bad rebound insomnia, I do not sleep well the night after I have taken it.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 14, 2013 9:56 PM

Review by sleepyhead1982 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Insomnia: I took Restoril for about 5 years. It really helped me fall asleep and stay asleep. When I woke in the morning I wouldn't have any hangover effects, I would feel refreshed. It also didn't cause me to sleep so heavily that I couldn't wake if necessary. Unfortunately after about 5 years it stopped working. I was taking 30mg a night (sometimes a little more if I needed to go to bed earlier than usual). I wish it still worked, it was a great medicine while it lasted.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 1, 2013 11:38 PM

For Insomnia: Slept really good. Didn't wake up once. Usually get up about four times to go to the bathroom and get comfortable. First time to use last night. Had a hangover and had to sleep more. Will try again tonight. Usually takes me two hours to go to sleep but not last night...thank goodness.

August 3, 2012 10:10 PM

Review by Maebe (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Insomnia: Best I've had for insomnia.

July 15, 2012 11:15 AM

Review by Still Tired:

For Insomnia: Sometimes I do not fall asleep for hours. Usually out in about an hour. I never sleep for more than 4-5 hours. I admit I do sleep a bit longer when I take it but not by much. I have been using Restoril for over a year.

April 12, 2012 4:28 PM

Review by M.S.W.:

For Insomnia: I started taking Restoril last night. I slept a full 8 hrs. I woke up feeling refreshed. Aside from the fact that I made a few phone calls in my sleep, I loved it. And it works quickly. I fell asleep in like 20 minutes, great+. Hope this helps.

March 10, 2012 10:52 PM

For Insomnia: I have used this medicine for 7 years and it works great. I was using 30 mg but now I am using 15 mg. I sleep well but I heard I talk in my sleep alot. I haved stopped sugar and caffine and all sweets 4 hours prior to bed. I feel it helps alot better that way. Relaxing shower before bed as well.

February 27, 2012 12:31 AM

Review by jim heckler:

For Insomnia: I just started taking this medication 30mgs at bed time and it works great, but I also take 2mgs of Xanax in the morning and 2mgs at night so it really works well.

January 29, 2012 12:06 AM

For Insomnia: Been insomniac for more than 26 yrs. Never nap. Sleep very light 4-5 hrs sleep after midnight 4 long time. Finally went to doctor. We started at 15 mg, did nothing then 30mg with nothing...then 60mg which worked about 3 hrs after taking but woke straight up at 2 a.m. so I take another 30mg and back to sleep rather quickly. Wake up around 6:20 am and am ready to go.

April 10, 2011 9:46 PM

For Insomnia: I was prescribed this medication yesterday after struggling to sleep when my Ambien became ineffective. When I took it, I waited 1.5 hours to feel sleepy and I didn't. I then took a 2nd pill (30mg total). After 3 hours time it still hadn't worked for me. I was in bed, ready to sleep, no real distractions. I finally had to take Ambien on top of it and then I felt a bit tired and struggled all night. Not sure if this is a medication that takes time to work, but it didn't touch me at all.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2011 10:25 PM

Review by deeseelang:

I have had occasional problems falling asleeep, mostly due to some severe personal problems too lengthy to go into here, but the upshot was my b/p was 195 over 95! Unable to eat or sleep. I was given 2 mg. klonopin and it seemed like a miracle!!! I bacame relaxed during the day time, and started sleeping all night long! I love it! After about 6 months or so. I had to increase the doseage by a half a pill. Many times if I do a lot of physical work in a day, I don't even need one. Love em!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 7, 2011 7:43 PM

For Insomnia: I have been taking Restoril for 2 weeks now with no help. I stay up all night and when I do finally fall asleep I get up about every hour. I don't have any side effects from it. I have also tried Ambien, I think it was better but it lost its effect quickly.

August 21, 2010 2:27 AM

Review by bebsxo:

For Insomnia: I was taking 30mg of temazepam. It's the only medication that has actually worked for my insomnia. But I can't have it for more than 2 weeks because I'm under 18.

July 23, 2010 2:18 PM

For Insomnia: I've been taking Restoril for over a year. At first I could sleep all night but now I am waking up after 4 to 6 hours, sometimes I can fall back to sleep but usually not. I take it 30 to 60 minutes before I want to sleep and sometimes am still awake 2 hours later. Even though now I am averaging 4 to 6 hours of sleep it is so much better than 2 to 2.5, which was all I was getting before.

May 18, 2010 2:30 PM