User Reviews for Telmisartan

Also known as: Micardis

Learn more about Telmisartan.

High Blood Pressure 26 reviews 262 medications

7.1
Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease 1 reviews 5 medications

Summary of Telmisartan reviews 27 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Telmisartan

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I am fifty-nine years old, I have been on 40mg of Micardis for over five years now, it does control my blood pressure, but the side effects include the following. When first subscribed Micardis, leg pains were like charlie horses, lasted about 7 months, mostly at night. For the last 2 years, my insomnia is getting worse, so I started taking 2000mg of vitamin D3 that helps with insomnia, now I'm dealing with the constant coughing mostly at night. I will meet with my cardiologist within the next week, will ask for another blood pressure med."

One who cares. March 29, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Roach in bubblepack. If I had ingested it with my immune system I would have died. "

Ceecee70 January 25, 2016

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Ive been on this tablet for 3 years now and whilst it was an initial improvement to what I had been prescribed previously its side effects do build up over time. Joint and bone aches. Memory loss,fatigue, itchy tired dry eyes, weight gain, sugar cravings, raynauds syndrome , nails and hair very slow growing.Oh and yeah I looked up what it contains and im horrified to see sodium hydroxide =caustic soda (drain cleaner) ."

Marley farley November 26, 2015

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking this medication for about 3 months now and don't think I can stand the side effects any longer. I am constantly itchy -everywhere -new rashes appear constantly. My eyes are red, swollen and itchy to the point where it now looks like I have healing black eyes. Blood pressure down but side effects are too much."

Kath Wilson (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2015

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I love it. No side effects. Tried others because of insurance. All had lots of side effects. I'm really upset because insurance companys are dropping it. I can't take the generic for it. Made me sick as a dog with severe muscle pain."

cherdo (taken for 10 years or more) November 20, 2014

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Extreme fatigue, unclear thinking, aches, irritability, dizziness."

NDragonne April 20, 2014

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Been on Micardis 40 mg for over 10 years, have had absolutely no side affects. Blood pressure is perfect, sometimes lower than 120/80."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) February 5, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "I've tried pretty much all of the usual medications to manage my blood pressure since being diagnosed with malignant hypertension (200/130) about three years ago, and none of them did more than just take the edge off and caused new and "interesting" side effects. My Dr. suggested Micardis about four months ago, and my blood pressure has been consistently 100-110/60-70 ever since. No side effects."

coinneachfitzpatrick (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "I've only been on telmisartan for a couple of days, but it has lowered my blood pressure substantially with no side effects. Hopefully it will continue."

Nibbleweed (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2013

For Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease: "I have been on Micardis HCT (telmisartan/hydrocholorothiazide) for over 5 years. Lately my urine output has been less and I've developed a cough and leg cramp. The leg cramp I assumed was from strain from exercise and the cough from dust due to construction work in the neighborhood. However, after both conditions subsided the symptoms were still there. I checked the post marketing experience for Micardis and these symptoms were adverse signs. Will consult with my physician as the warning says these symptoms should be reported immediately."

C1orrect (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 2, 2012

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I'm white male, 53 yrs old, 5'11" and 185 lbs. I just discovered that I had High Blood Pressure about a month ago during a wellness checkup. The nurse took my blood pressure 4 times on the right arm and 3 more on the left. I was running about 180 /120. After she told me that she'd seen 400 lb men with better numbers than that I decided to see my MD. I've been on Micardis almost 30 days and it seems to have lowered it to the 140/90 range. I also was put on Bystolic just 5 days ago due to a rapid pulse of 100 bpm. Now down to 75-80. The only side effects have been occasional dizziness and some sharp pain in my hip when I move just so. I did have a scary tightening of the chest and shortness of breath the other day. It seemed to pass in about 2 mins."

Anonymous January 6, 2012

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been on Micardis for more than six months without any major side effects and my blood pressure has been fairly under control, except for a few spikes from time to time."

Anonymous December 24, 2011

Micardis (telmisartan) for : "I took Micardis on and off for over two years. It caused me to have leg cramps. It controlled my blood pressure, but I would avoid taking it at times because of the leg cramps. I developed severe hip and leg pains, which I think may have been caused by the Micardis. I have switched to another blood pressure medicine in the last couple of months and I'm hoping the hip and leg pains will continue to subside."

dudy March 23, 2011

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I started on Micardis 4 months ago, the first month it didn't seem to help, the second month it controlled my high blood pressure perfectly, then the third month I started getting horrible side effects. My left arm would go numb and tingly, I had horrible headaches, insomnia, diarrhea and chest pains. I was exhausted all the time yet I couldn't sleep, had terrible nightmares. The pills work great for controlling my blood pressure but the side effects are awful!"

Anonymous October 8, 2010

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I took this medicine 2 years ago for about a month because of my other hypertension medicines were causing rashes. After a couple of medicines were recommended, I took Micardis and although it lowered my pressure some, I was waking up every two hours at night. So I switched to several other medications that also did not work well. I told my MD I would try Micardis again because the side effects were less than all other medicines I had tried. So far (8 months) my pressure is better and the insomnia is workable and not so constant."

Anonymous August 2, 2010

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "On starting 40 mg Micardis experienced severe dizziness that lasted about a month, eventually subsiding. Okay for another 4 months then started to have burning and pain in feet and lower legs especially at bedtime. Had to stop even though was doing a good job with blood pressure. Now taking Diovan and doing well."

Anonymous July 27, 2010

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Started using Micardis HCT 40mg only 3 days ago, as an initial treatment for high blood pressure. No drastic side effects yet, except for slight dizziness, and abdominal pain related to gas (once). I am worried about sexual issues, since there are lots of reports going around saying that Micardis may hamper erectile function. Other reports say exactly the opposite! Will have to test this on a long-time basis. All in all, seems pretty good."

rolandcooke July 10, 2010

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I had taken Micardis for about 3 years, starting from 40mg and recently 80mg. My doctor said the drug also helped prevent cardiovascular disease. The initial 40mg went well without any side effects. Blood pressure was consistently 130-140/80-90. A few months ago when I turned 38, during my routine blood pressure checks, I noticed that it was 140-150/90-100 even with the 40mg pill. Monitored this for about 2 weeks and it remained thereabouts. After consulting my doctor, he recommended a higher dosage of 80mg. It worked, and the pressure stabilized at 70-90/120-140. However, I did notice a slight discomfort in my respiratory tract or somewhat a mile heartburn (I think!)."

Couch Potato April 26, 2010

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have tried: Toporol XL, Coreg & Diovan all of these controlled my Blood pressure. But all had more side effects than I thought was reasonable. When I started Micardis I had some dizziness the first week. I now feel the best I have felt since starting blood pressure medication. My pressure is now 125-130/70-80."

Tenn. November 23, 2009

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have done much better on Micardis than on the other one I used to take, Cozaar. Micardis lasts longer and seems to get my pressure way down. I'd say all in all I'm very pleased. My doctor said It's a great drug."

just a person November 16, 2009

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I've been on Micardis for about a year because I complained about the side effects of Accupril (dizziness). The Micardis is better but I stay around 140/90. I've noticed a reduction in sex drive since starting this drug, all else seems okay. I'm 35 years old."

Anonymous October 21, 2009

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Taking Micardis, sotalol, norvasc and still run 140 over 90 to 110 blood pressure. Been on this for years with different doctors. They help but never get me normal blood pressure."

ghost52005 July 28, 2009

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Soon after starting Micardis I suffered from dizziness, nausea, irritability and I had no energy. It continued, then I started shortness of breath. Was told by my doctor it was not the medication. I went to a cardiologist and she kept me on it and put me on Imdur. Then severe headaches occurred. I'm now going natural and taking my chances."

Anonomys July 24, 2009

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I started on Micardis 80mg, good for reducing my blood pressure, but I had bad vertigo, dizzy, had too lie down, felt sickly and had cold sweats. Did not agree with me. Reduced it to 1/2 a 40mg tablet. Felt okay for a day then had vertigo again. Stopped taking tablets."

Anonymous June 26, 2009

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Micardis has stabilized my blood pressure. I can't take the Micardis with HCT because I have had problems with my kidneys. I do feel less patient and irritable to my wife and kids."

Cook4danavy April 4, 2009