User Reviews for Telaprevir

Also known as: Incivek

Learn more about Telaprevir.

Hepatitis C 8 reviews 15 medications

Summary of Telaprevir reviews 8 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Telaprevir

Review by barkeep86 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Incivek (telaprevir) for Hepatitis C: The doctor took me off of the Incivek after 7 weeks. My hemoglobins were at 14.4 when the therapy started and went down to 5.9! I had two blood transfusions, which after the second transfusion brought me up to the high 9's low 10's and they seemed to hold their own after discontinuing the Incivek. Guess the 7 weeks was long enough though. Every check so far I have been virus free. Am still to do my 6 month check but so far so good and I am very confident that the virus is gone. After taking me off the Inciveck and adjusting the other meds I ended up having to do therapy for 48 weeks instead of the original 24 weeks.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 25, 2013 10:10 PM

Review by Sheila G:

Incivek (telaprevir) for Hepatitis C: It was my third treatment for Hep C and I started treatment January 2012 and ended December 2012. Incivek was invented in 2011 and was one of three medications (first two treatments was Ribavirin and Pegasys only) I was on and after 4 weeks of starting treatment, I was undetectable from the disease. I did have problems with my hemoglobin and had to get two blood transfusions and a Procrit shot weekly (which cost me the majority of my out of pocket payment). I have had 2 blood tests since finishing treatment and the first was undetectable and waiting for 2nd test. My doctor said if this blood test comes up undetectable, I am cured!! THANK GOD FOR THE INVENTION OF INCIVEK.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2013 1:33 PM

Review by cidetrack (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hepatitis C: I am now a three time partial responder, my experiance with telaprevir started real well. I had a 6 week interferon lead in and was undetectable after 10 weeks at week 12. I suddenly broke out in the most awful rash with itchy red raised blotches EVERYWHERE so that ended that and was switched to boceplivir.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 26, 2013 11:44 PM

Review by Murat erduran (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hepatitis C: Genotype: 1b Viral load: 7.1million Age:28, male. Weight:76kg After just 23 days, hcv rna is undetected Today is 31. Day of my treatment and still no side effects... %u0130 used probiotics and artichoke extract, fish oil as supplements ALT and AST values are decreased to 23 and 18 everything is fine right now I hope it will continue this way. 08:00. 2 x 375mg telaprevir , 3 x 200mg ribavirin , probiotics, fish oil , artichoke extract 16:00. 2 x 375mg telaprevir 20:00. 3 x 200mg ribavirin 24:00 2 x 375mg telaprevir %u0130 take telaprevir with a olive oiled bread to maximize efficiency.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 2, 2012 7:38 AM

Incivek (telaprevir) for Hepatitis C: 8 week post treatment, Hep C virus free after 3 weeks on medication. Total of 4 months Hep C free. I am just very grateful to all the work that brought this medication to folks like me.

May 5, 2012 7:04 AM

Incivek (telaprevir) for Hepatitis C: I stopped taking Incivek 3 days ago and I am itching, itching, itching. My eyelids, hands, feet, legs, every area on my body itches. I took a Benadryl and the itching went away and came back. Am I having withdrawals from Incivek? No complaints though, just wondering because this medicine is a miracle. I am now Hep C free. Just hoping the itching would stop soon.

April 4, 2012 9:13 PM

Review by Marika58:

Incivek (telaprevir) for Hepatitis C: My insurance covered almost all of it. The medication works. Hep C undetectable after just 23 days, again at 12 weeks. So far so good. Extreme itching with Incivek withdrawal for 3 days. Scratched my skin until it bled. Ice cold water helped and nothing else. After 3 days, itching was gone. Mentally the Incivek had my brain in a fog for the entire 12 weeks. Had two car wrecks back to back and had to stop driving. Overall I would still highly recommend this medicine due to its effectiveness. What is 12 weeks in comparison to the rest of my life? I am Hep C free.

March 23, 2012 1:11 PM

Incivek (telaprevir) for Hepatitis C: Very very instrumental in helping to remove my Hepatitis C....which it did, along with Pegysys and Rivavirin. I'm virus free as of this date.. maintaining to keep it away.

February 4, 2012 9:01 AM