User Reviews for Prograf

Learn more about Prograf.

Organ Transplant, Re...tion Prophylaxis 19 reviews 13 medications

8.6
Organ Transplant, Rejection Reversal 1 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Prograf reviews 20 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Prograf

Review by jddsix:

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: Some side effects...they've been manageable. Keeping a positive attitude and having a support group has been beneficial.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 8, 2014 9:13 AM

Review by Anxiety321:

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: Prograf seems so far to be a great Immunosuppressive medication . Bad - tremors and anxiety.

January 26, 2013 11:15 AM

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: Started taking Prograf in July of 2011 for my heart transplant, except for some slight itching and for a little fluid in my ankles, this drug has worked wonders.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 21, 2011 9:24 PM

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: I'm taking Prograf since 2000. Was 7 seven back then, now I'm 19. Still no side effects, just wanted to check if there are any long term side effects.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 23, 2011 12:18 PM

Review by NM8066:

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: I am a grateful liver transplant recipient. 4-11-08. I have been taking Prograf and Myfortic since transplant with very few side effects that I am aware of. I have returned to work 12 months. The only side effect that I have a problem with is sleeping. I am a contractor, and many times it is a manual type of job, so I do need sleep, which I only get 5hrs/night if I am lucky. I feel in time this will take a negative effect on transplant. All liver functions and blood work is good. I go to transplant clinic semi-annually. The hepatologist are opposed to prescribing me any sleep aids.

January 8, 2011 5:26 PM

Review by JJOHN JON:

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: Liver transplant 8 years ago. No Problems.

September 21, 2010 4:22 PM

Review by BINGAMAN:

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Reversal: I have taken this medication for almost 10 years. I am a post liver transplant patient. I have experienced no rejections. Have had minor skin cancers removed several times. My pharmacy now wants me to use the generic, I assume because of the costs. I thank god that this medication has been so successful on me and am very concerned about the generic version. I guess I feel if it'll work. I feel that this is not to be an option I can afford to take.

November 14, 2009 6:35 PM

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: My daughter had a liver transplant almost 15 year's ago. After 6 months Prograf was the only mediicine she was taking. Has had NO set backs, no problems. She has given birth to 3 beautiful, smart children with no problems or side effects. Thank God for Prograf. She is on 2mg twice a day.

October 31, 2009 3:55 PM

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: I have been using Prograf for 4 years now. 1 mg in the AM and 1 mg in PM. Last year or 3rd year into this treatment I had 2 episodes with squamous cell carcinoma, which were both removed.

September 24, 2009 11:21 PM

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: I take it because I need it. If I did not have a transplant I would not want to take it because I have gained weight and have edema.

August 29, 2009 6:27 AM

Review by Annon.:

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: I started taking 3mg/day Prograf almost a week ago for my heart transplant. I was on cyclosporin but was having lots of muscle pain and cramps from the cyclosporin. Since starting the Prograg I've been itching non stop. Its apparently one of the side effects. I've also gained some fluid in my legs and hands. Another side effect. I hope the itching goes away soon or I'll have to switch to something else.

August 5, 2009 6:11 PM

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: I am 4 1/2 years post liver transplant. Take 2mg 2 x daily since initial year. Not aware of any particular side effects. Have had no incidence of rejection as far as I know. Overall, drug appears to do what it is supposed to do, thankfully.

June 14, 2009 11:01 PM

Review by badass69:

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: I have kidney disease, called IGA nephropathy disease. I am 14 years old, male, got diagnosed in July of 2008. I am finally in remission. I have not yet had a transplant.

April 21, 2009 9:52 PM

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: This has fewer and lesser side effects as compared to other medicines given after organ transplant, for my eight year old daughters heart transplant.

February 27, 2009 11:04 AM

Review by mph4296:

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: I received my Liver Transplant 4 years ago and started with 6 x 1mg caps/day. It has been reduced to 3 x 1mg tabs/day since then and I have had no episodes of rejection. Prograf seems to do the trick. Love it. I don't know if this is a side effect from taking prograf, but I have gained weight over the course of 4 years.

February 25, 2009 8:46 AM

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: I have been taking Prograf for 3 years now. When I first got my kidney transplant, I was taking 6mgs a day. Now I'm down to 3mgs a day. I have had no reactions from the drug. I thank God and my brother for the second chance at life.

February 7, 2009 9:04 PM

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: Great drug, it lets me keep my new kidney, but it gives me terrible diarhea. Just got a kidney 7 weeks ago had my first one 12 years ago.

August 28, 2008 1:25 AM

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: I have taken Prograf since my liver transplant eight years ago. Very few side effects. Nothing compared to dying with liver disease. Very blessed from the drug and my donor Spencer.

August 18, 2008 11:52 PM

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: So far so good. Dosage has been reduced tremendously since my liver transplant 7 months ago. I have had very few side effects and the capsules are small and easy to swallow. I started at 18 caps /day and now down to 3 /day. Be sure to follow your doctors orders and take your medicines on time. I use a Timex Datalink watch and set 2 alarms for each dose to reduce the chance of missing a dose.

June 19, 2008 5:57 AM

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: Liver transplant 5 years ago. No rejection. Generally confortable drug. I have experienced small skin cancers easily treated, no problem. I itch from time to time not objectional and I don't blame it on the drug. Generally thankful for this drug. I am careful about infections because of reduced immunity. Thank you.

April 30, 2008 9:17 PM