User Reviews for Tacrolimus

Also known as: Astagraf XL, Envarsus XR, Hecoria, Prograf

Learn more about Tacrolimus.

Organ Transplant, Re...tion Prophylaxis 24 reviews 13 medications

8.6
Crohn's Disease 0 reviews 65 medications

Graft-versus-host disease 0 reviews 11 medications Not rated - Be the first
Organ Transplant, Rejection Reversal 1 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Tacrolimus reviews 25 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Tacrolimus

Prograf (tacrolimus) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "Some side effects...they've been manageable. Keeping a positive attitude and having a support group has been beneficial."

jddsix July 8, 2014

Hecoria (tacrolimus) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "Easy to take haven't felt any side effects. No secondary infection. 12.5 years experience used with CellCept and for a while with Prednisone."

dondient (taken for 10 years or more) March 7, 2014

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "Renal transplant 2000. No problems besides slight tremor in my hands. Cyclosporine caused terrible reactions for me, immediately post transplant. Had to have 6 plasma apheresis rounds to clear the cyclosporine and then smooth sailing on tacrolimus."

r00sty July 15, 2013

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I received a modified multi visceral transplant in 2008 due to a desmoid tumor, I had this surgery performed at U.P.M.C of Pittsburgh where I was blessed by God to have had amazing transplant doctors. I was on Prograf for the longest amount of time and had since been switched over to the generic. I had noticed for quite a while however that I do suffer from tremors and lately I have been having the feeling of eye twitching which is slightly annoying to me but I can not complain as without God and my medicine I would not be here to share this. I have heard of long term conditions down the road from others that I have come across and Lord willing that will not be my case, I have become diabetic. I hope this helps."

morbius4510 April 10, 2013

Prograf (tacrolimus) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "Prograf seems so far to be a great Immunosuppressive medication . Bad - tremors and anxiety."

Anxiety321 January 26, 2013

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I have been using Tacrolimus for the past 2 years. Had a liver transplant on 1 Aug 2009, was on Prograf but I live in Kenya and it is difficult to find Prograf in the local market so I went generic. I started out on 6mg twice daily, I'm down to 4mg twice daily. There's been no difference for me between the Prograf and the generic version... but I have put on weight."

TKK February 10, 2012

Prograf (tacrolimus) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "Started taking Prograf in July of 2011 for my heart transplant, except for some slight itching and for a little fluid in my ankles, this drug has worked wonders. "

Anonymous December 21, 2011

Prograf (tacrolimus) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I'm taking Prograf since 2000. Was 7 seven back then, now I'm 19. Still no side effects, just wanted to check if there are any long term side effects."

Anonymous November 23, 2011

Prograf (tacrolimus) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I am a grateful liver transplant recipient. 4-11-08. I have been taking Prograf and Myfortic since transplant with very few side effects that I am aware of. I have returned to work 12 months. The only side effect that I have a problem with is sleeping. I am a contractor, and many times it is a manual type of job, so I do need sleep, which I only get 5hrs/night if I am lucky. I feel in time this will take a negative effect on transplant. All liver functions and blood work is good. I go to transplant clinic semi-annually. The hepatologist are opposed to prescribing me any sleep aids. "

NM8066 January 8, 2011

Prograf (tacrolimus) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "Liver transplant 8 years ago. No Problems."

JJOHN JON September 21, 2010

Prograf (tacrolimus) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Reversal: "I have taken this medication for almost 10 years. I am a post liver transplant patient. I have experienced no rejections. Have had minor skin cancers removed several times. My pharmacy now wants me to use the generic, I assume because of the costs. I thank god that this medication has been so successful on me and am very concerned about the generic version. I guess I feel if it'll work. I feel that this is not to be an option I can afford to take."

BINGAMAN November 14, 2009

Prograf (tacrolimus) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "My daughter had a liver transplant almost 15 year's ago. After 6 months Prograf was the only mediicine she was taking. Has had NO set backs, no problems. She has given birth to 3 beautiful, smart children with no problems or side effects. Thank God for Prograf. She is on 2mg twice a day."

Anonymous October 31, 2009

Prograf (tacrolimus) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I have been using Prograf for 4 years now. 1 mg in the AM and 1 mg in PM. Last year or 3rd year into this treatment I had 2 episodes with squamous cell carcinoma, which were both removed."

Anonymous September 24, 2009

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "Prograf seems to have worked since my liver transplant 4 years ago, but it has also kept me broke, at $1641 for 60 5mg caps. I'm grateful to be alive but not happy about the what it has cost me."

delidave September 4, 2009

Prograf (tacrolimus) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I take it because I need it. If I did not have a transplant I would not want to take it because I have gained weight and have edema."

Anonymous August 29, 2009

Prograf (tacrolimus) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I started taking 3mg/day Prograf almost a week ago for my heart transplant. I was on cyclosporin but was having lots of muscle pain and cramps from the cyclosporin. Since starting the Prograg I've been itching non stop. Its apparently one of the side effects. I've also gained some fluid in my legs and hands. Another side effect. I hope the itching goes away soon or I'll have to switch to something else. "

Annon. August 5, 2009

Prograf (tacrolimus) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I am 4 1/2 years post liver transplant. Take 2mg 2 x daily since initial year. Not aware of any particular side effects. Have had no incidence of rejection as far as I know. Overall, drug appears to do what it is supposed to do, thankfully."

Anonymous June 14, 2009

Prograf (tacrolimus) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I have kidney disease, called IGA nephropathy disease. I am 14 years old, male, got diagnosed in July of 2008. I am finally in remission. I have not yet had a transplant."

badass69 April 21, 2009

Prograf (tacrolimus) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "This has fewer and lesser side effects as compared to other medicines given after organ transplant, for my eight year old daughters heart transplant."

Anonymous February 27, 2009

Prograf (tacrolimus) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I received my Liver Transplant 4 years ago and started with 6 x 1mg caps/day. It has been reduced to 3 x 1mg tabs/day since then and I have had no episodes of rejection. Prograf seems to do the trick. Love it. I don't know if this is a side effect from taking prograf, but I have gained weight over the course of 4 years."

mph4296 February 25, 2009

Prograf (tacrolimus) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I have been taking Prograf for 3 years now. When I first got my kidney transplant, I was taking 6mgs a day. Now I'm down to 3mgs a day. I have had no reactions from the drug. I thank God and my brother for the second chance at life."

Anonymous February 7, 2009

Prograf (tacrolimus) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "Great drug, it lets me keep my new kidney, but it gives me terrible diarhea. Just got a kidney 7 weeks ago had my first one 12 years ago."

Anonymous August 28, 2008

Prograf (tacrolimus) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I have taken Prograf since my liver transplant eight years ago. Very few side effects. Nothing compared to dying with liver disease. Very blessed from the drug and my donor Spencer."

Anonymous August 18, 2008

Prograf (tacrolimus) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "So far so good. Dosage has been reduced tremendously since my liver transplant 7 months ago. I have had very few side effects and the capsules are small and easy to swallow. I started at 18 caps /day and now down to 3 /day. Be sure to follow your doctors orders and take your medicines on time. I use a Timex Datalink watch and set 2 alarms for each dose to reduce the chance of missing a dose."

Anonymous June 19, 2008

Prograf (tacrolimus) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "Liver transplant 5 years ago. No rejection. Generally confortable drug. I have experienced small skin cancers easily treated, no problem. I itch from time to time not objectional and I don't blame it on the drug. Generally thankful for this drug. I am careful about infections because of reduced immunity. Thank you."

Anonymous April 30, 2008