User Reviews for Vioxx

8.2
Summary of Vioxx reviews 37 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Vioxx

Review by Hurting in Omaha (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Pain: Vioxx in combination with hydrocodone left me pretty much pain free! Whether working on my feet, sitting at a desk or taking care of my children and home, I felt great. Arthritis through my whole lumber spine and both knees (have had one total knee replacement). I have not found anything that gave me that kind of pain relief. When Vioxx went off the market, I would have signed a release to keep it! Somethings should be left up to the patient, especially if they are ready to accept the risks!

February 10, 2014 7:17 PM
Review by Jai just jai: User Rating:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I would have to walk up and down steps everyday to get to work. I would stop and just pray a little to get up them, as it took every thing in me to do so. when I would get to the top, I would just stop and breath through the pain. I was 34-36.. I loved to dance, shop, and wear high heels. I would take 1 Vioxx every 3rd day it lasted that long. I remember hopping up the steps and wearing heels with no problems or pain. I actually laughed as I got to the top of the steps. I would just sprinted up the stairs without pain. Then 8months later it was pulled from the market. I had about 20pills I would use them only for special occasions. I am down to 1 I am saving it for a trip to Hawaii. It's still a magic pill.

December 3, 2013 5:11 PM
Review by Shock: User Rating:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: Had severe pain in left shoulder, right elbow, and joint of head & spine and had lived with it for several months. This was due to excessive overworking on a strenuous project. Doctor gave me Vioxx and the first dose wiped out all pain and it did not return. On occasion If I over worked again I would take one pill and it would again work the same wonders - a true miracle! Guess it worked too good and was cutting out doctor visits for all the other stuff that never gave a hint of relief.

August 2, 2013 7:54 PM
Review by VinceWednesday (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Pain: Vioxx was simply the best ever produced for pain due to arthritis and inflammation. I am a gout sufferer and have been one since age 21. In 2001, I have a severe attack in my knee along with bursitis in that same knee. I was in bed for 2 weeks and suffered for another 6 six with acute pain. I went to the ER twice over this period to no avail. Ordinary NSAIDS do not touch gout pain and in frustration, I went back to my childhood doctor who gave me free samples of Vioxx 50mg and samples of 25mg. He told me to take the 50mg for 4 days. In one dose, I was on my feet in less than an hour with no pain. I used it from time to time until it was pulled from the market but I retained some until I ran out. Nothing else compares to Vioxx.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 18, 2013 3:33 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Pain: I sincerely wish Vioxx could return to the market. The first time I took it was for acute lower back pain when I was 32 years old. 1 pill and the pain completely went away within the first hour. I did not need to take a second pill. Two years later I had the same problem and again 1 pill cured the pain. At 39 I had the pain occur again, but Vioxx was no longer on the market. I tried every other medicine known and every other treatment (physical therapy included) but nothing has made me better. I have been living with the pain in my lower back, that won%u2019t go away, for four years now and nothing seems to help. I would desperately like to see Vioxx return.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 10, 2013 5:32 PM
Review by Mr. J Brown: User Rating:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I too loved Vioxx because it was so effective for my arthritis. At the time I was prescribed Vioxx I had severe foot/ankle pain and stiffness in all joints making it hard to walk especially in the morning. I was pain free while on it after years of over the counter ibuprofen & acetaminophen. How I wish Vioxx could be brought back in some safer form.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 27, 2013 5:20 PM
Review by Georgek: User Rating:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: This drug's occasional use significantly improved my mobility and almost totally eliminated the significant pain in my knee. felt like like the the " 6 million dollar man with having bionic knees and had no side effect. No impact regarding higher blood pressure. As soon as I stopped taking it, the pain returned. I considered this the greatest pain killer ever developed! I do know I would have to pay attention how to take it if conditional approval would be given.

March 6, 2013 3:13 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have had arthritis since my twenties, I am in my fifties now. The only time that I have been pain free is when I was on Vioxx. I wish they would bring it back. Like I told my doctor, the people on it generally were taking it because it hurt to move and exercise, before we used it which meant (me included) we were sedentary and sometimes overweight. With any medicine you should read the warnings and watch for what you should and shouldn't do. I still would love to have Vioxx back, please.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 5, 2012 4:14 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Pain: I had severe pinched nerve in my neck while on vacation on eastern Europe. My friend (she is a doctor here) got me Vioxx. One pill and 30 minutes later the pain was going away. 4 hours later it was gone. I was worried about the heart side effects but I'm on Toprol and Rythmol for my heart already and had no problems at all.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 1, 2012 11:27 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Vioxx was by far the best medication for Rheumatoid Arthritis. I can not believe that all of us suffering from this painful disease have to continue in such misery, when the medication that was by far the best ever was taken off the market. Thank you for letting me express my opinion.

November 19, 2011 2:42 PM
Review by Sonny 1: User Rating:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: vioxx worked so well for me and other patients that my doctor said I quote "Vioxx was taken off the market because it worked so well that it would eventually eliminate all the other prescription medicines and over the counter antiinflammatory medicines". Vioxx worked so well for me that I was eventually able to cut the pill in half and take 1/2 a 12mg pill every other day.

November 3, 2011 5:22 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: When they took Vioxx off the market I lost my life. I have rheumatoid arthritis and I was pain free while on Vioxx. The doctor has prescribed other medicines for pain but I can not function with them. I WANT MY VIOXX BACK. I can't dance, work a job, work out in the yard. I am miserable. P

May 4, 2011 12:21 PM
Review by MartyNO: User Rating:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Pain: The best pain medication ever produced. I would use it if it were brought back on the market. I was taking 25mg every other day and lived pain free. Again it should be the choice of the patient. BRING BACK VIOXX!

March 8, 2011 6:24 PM
Review by IgM: User Rating:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Pain: Ankylosing Spondylitis: Best medicine ever. 1 pill = 3 days/nights free of pain. Millions of pain sufferers all over the world miss it profoundly.

September 27, 2010 6:15 PM
Review by pity: User Rating:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: Vioxx was my miracle drug. I have not had a pain-free day since it was taken off the market.

September 23, 2010 6:46 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Pain: I have fibromyalgia and could take one tablet and experience benefits for days. My muscle and joint pain vanished, my joints were more limber, and most importantly, the brain fog I experience so often was gone. I have not found anything that provides anything that provides a fraction of the relief that Vioxx provided. It's amazing. I hope they come up with a new formulation.

July 7, 2010 1:45 PM
Review by John27: User Rating:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: Vioxx was like a miracle drug with its ability to reduce pain. I would take about three a week and this would make my arthritis pain vanish. The drugs I'm on now don't even come close to doing the same job as Vioxx even when taking three and four a day. I've been on Celebrex, Arthrotec and Meloxicam. Bring back Vioxx and let the sufferers chose. These other drugs which do very little for me give me diarrhea and can cause heart attacks too, but minus the relief which Vioxx delivered. I'll bet there's an abundance of people suffering right now who would opt for Vioxx in a heartbeat.

May 16, 2010 2:36 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Pain: A miracle drug. The only medicine that took my pain away.

April 3, 2010 9:39 AM
Review by Kroepfl: User Rating:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I had a very severe onset of rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and Vioxx gave me my life back. I was in remission for nearly eight years and now without it, I have had not one pain free day.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 8, 2010 4:31 PM
Review by wolflew: User Rating:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Pain: No better on pain relief than Aleve, but the worst heart burn I've ever had in my life - like someone set my stomach on fire within a couple days of starting this medication. Taking 200mg every other day made no difference. Switched to Mobic.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 8, 2009 8:32 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: I have serious arthritis in my hips and knees, and no medication including Celebrex has ever worked for me. Vioxx was like a miracle pill for me -- one single pill was all I had to take to enjoy over a month of pain free movement! I seriously doubt that small a dosage would ever give me a heart attack, and besides, that would and should be MY choice, not someone else's. It's a prescription medication -- for heaven's sake, leave it up to the doctors to decide who is at too much risk to take it, and leave it up to US if we want to take that risk. For so many, it isn't a risk at all, nor do they, like me, even need much of it to live without pain.

November 4, 2009 6:08 PM
Review by delayed surgery: User Rating:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Period Pain: I used to get terrible period pain. I was taking Advil like M&Ms and it was wrecking my stomach. I tried Vioxx and what a difference. A regular dose of Vioxx would keep me pain free for 12 hrs, and no GI symptoms. Then they pulled it from market. So I took Celebrex, which was better than Advil but still required around 1000mg/day to keep my menstrual pain down. I finally had a hysterectomy at 43 which might have been avoided if Vioxx had been kept on the market.

October 17, 2009 4:59 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: My husband suffers from rheumatoid arthritis - when he was prescribed Vioxx he was able to walk without pain, participate in sports again, and was overall happy. He's in his 40's and is now suffering miserably. He's tried almost every other drug out there - and not one of them has had the same effect as Vioxx. People should have been upfront with their doctors and advised them of any other medications they were taking or herbal supplements they may have been taking. Physicians and their PA's should have been investigated and their practices, not Merck. Talk about quality of life - wouldn't you rather have five great years than living the rest of your life miserably.

August 9, 2009 10:57 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Pain: Vioxx was a miracle drug for me. I suffer from peripheral neuropathy and fibromyalgia and just one Vioxx each day enabled me to function near normal. After it was pulled from the market, life has been a living hell. Celebrex, Bextra and all the other NSAIDs don't stop the pain. I'm 45 and hardly at risk for a heart attack. Why did they take this drug away from healthy people who were not at risk by it? This is crazy. Ibuprophen is more dangerous than Vioxx.

July 27, 2009 9:18 PM
Review by ckenglert:

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Pain: Once, a little over 5 years ago I had a pinched nerve in my neck. The Chiropractor didn't help and 6 Vicodin didn't touch the pain. I took one Vioxx, I actually felt the swelling, inflation and pain leaving my body never to return. That was one wonderful miracle drug. I'm having the a similar problem now for 2 weeks in my upper leg, hip and around to my lower back. Two trips to the Chiropractor, pain medication, Celebrex, muscle relaxer, tranquilizer and Cymbalta is not helping. I sure wish I had just one Vioxx pill to make this similar problem leave my body.

June 19, 2009 3:20 AM