User Reviews for Vioxx

Osteoarthritis 10 reviews 348 medications

8.3
Summary of Vioxx reviews 40 reviews 9.4

Reviews for Vioxx

For Pain "Only medicine I've ever taken that allowed me to forget I had arthritis and do whatever I wanted. No joint pain and no foot pain!"

Dogwoman (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have been a firefighter and paramedic since I was 18. This and my love of landscaping has put a toll on my joints. I'm sorry to say this was my miracle pill. I didn't hurt! I know many people will say I'm wrong for saying this but I'd rather live happy, pain free, with no stiffness and run the risk of death or stroke than wake up hurting everyday and going to bed trying to get comfortable. This is not away to truly live. Merk please find away to bring this drug back... heck I'll sign a risk waver... I want to live with out pain and stiffness."

medicman5141 August 5, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "Please, please bring this wonder medicine back."

Bella and Sister April 25, 2014

For Pain "Vioxx in combination with hydrocodone left me pretty much pain free! Whether working on my feet, sitting at a desk or taking care of my children and home, I felt great. Arthritis through my whole lumber spine and both knees (have had one total knee replacement). I have not found anything that gave me that kind of pain relief. When Vioxx went off the market, I would have signed a release to keep it! Somethings should be left up to the patient, especially if they are ready to accept the risks!"

Hurting in Omaha (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 10, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I would have to walk up and down steps everyday to get to work. I would stop and just pray a little to get up them, as it took every thing in me to do so. when I would get to the top, I would just stop and breath through the pain. I was 34-36.. I loved to dance, shop, and wear high heels. I would take 1 Vioxx every 3rd day it lasted that long. I remember hopping up the steps and wearing heels with no problems or pain. I actually laughed as I got to the top of the steps. I would just sprinted up the stairs without pain. Then 8months later it was pulled from the market. I had about 20pills I would use them only for special occasions. I am down to 1 I am saving it for a trip to Hawaii. It's still a magic pill."

Jai just jai December 3, 2013

For Osteoarthritis "Had severe pain in left shoulder, right elbow, and joint of head & spine and had lived with it for several months. This was due to excessive overworking on a strenuous project. Doctor gave me Vioxx and the first dose wiped out all pain and it did not return. On occasion If I over worked again I would take one pill and it would again work the same wonders - a true miracle! Guess it worked too good and was cutting out doctor visits for all the other stuff that never gave a hint of relief. "

Shock August 2, 2013

For Pain "Vioxx was simply the best ever produced for pain due to arthritis and inflammation. I am a gout sufferer and have been one since age 21. In 2001, I have a severe attack in my knee along with bursitis in that same knee. I was in bed for 2 weeks and suffered for another 6 six with acute pain. I went to the ER twice over this period to no avail. Ordinary NSAIDS do not touch gout pain and in frustration, I went back to my childhood doctor who gave me free samples of Vioxx 50mg and samples of 25mg. He told me to take the 50mg for 4 days. In one dose, I was on my feet in less than an hour with no pain. I used it from time to time until it was pulled from the market but I retained some until I ran out. Nothing else compares to Vioxx."

VinceWednesday (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2013

For Pain "I sincerely wish Vioxx could return to the market. The first time I took it was for acute lower back pain when I was 32 years old. 1 pill and the pain completely went away within the first hour. I did not need to take a second pill. Two years later I had the same problem and again 1 pill cured the pain. At 39 I had the pain occur again, but Vioxx was no longer on the market. I tried every other medicine known and every other treatment (physical therapy included) but nothing has made me better. I have been living with the pain in my lower back, that won%u2019t go away, for four years now and nothing seems to help. I would desperately like to see Vioxx return."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2013

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I too loved Vioxx because it was so effective for my arthritis. At the time I was prescribed Vioxx I had severe foot/ankle pain and stiffness in all joints making it hard to walk especially in the morning. I was pain free while on it after years of over the counter ibuprofen & acetaminophen. How I wish Vioxx could be brought back in some safer form."

Mr. J Brown March 27, 2013

For Osteoarthritis "This drug's occasional use significantly improved my mobility and almost totally eliminated the significant pain in my knee. felt like like the the " 6 million dollar man with having bionic knees and had no side effect. No impact regarding higher blood pressure. As soon as I stopped taking it, the pain returned. I considered this the greatest pain killer ever developed! I do know I would have to pay attention how to take it if conditional approval would be given."

Georgek March 6, 2013

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have had arthritis since my twenties, I am in my fifties now. The only time that I have been pain free is when I was on Vioxx. I wish they would bring it back. Like I told my doctor, the people on it generally were taking it because it hurt to move and exercise, before we used it which meant (me included) we were sedentary and sometimes overweight. With any medicine you should read the warnings and watch for what you should and shouldn't do. I still would love to have Vioxx back, please."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 5, 2012

For Pain "I had severe pinched nerve in my neck while on vacation on eastern Europe. My friend (she is a doctor here) got me Vioxx. One pill and 30 minutes later the pain was going away. 4 hours later it was gone. I was worried about the heart side effects but I'm on Toprol and Rythmol for my heart already and had no problems at all. "

Anonymous April 1, 2012

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Vioxx was by far the best medication for Rheumatoid Arthritis. I can not believe that all of us suffering from this painful disease have to continue in such misery, when the medication that was by far the best ever was taken off the market. Thank you for letting me express my opinion."

Anonymous November 19, 2011

For Osteoarthritis "vioxx worked so well for me and other patients that my doctor said I quote "Vioxx was taken off the market because it worked so well that it would eventually eliminate all the other prescription medicines and over the counter antiinflammatory medicines". Vioxx worked so well for me that I was eventually able to cut the pill in half and take 1/2 a 12mg pill every other day."

Sonny 1 November 3, 2011

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "When they took Vioxx off the market I lost my life. I have rheumatoid arthritis and I was pain free while on Vioxx. The doctor has prescribed other medicines for pain but I can not function with them. I WANT MY VIOXX BACK. I can't dance, work a job, work out in the yard. I am miserable. P"

Anonymous May 4, 2011

For Pain "The best pain medication ever produced. I would use it if it were brought back on the market. I was taking 25mg every other day and lived pain free. Again it should be the choice of the patient. BRING BACK VIOXX!"

MartyNO March 8, 2011

For Pain "Ankylosing Spondylitis: Best medicine ever. 1 pill = 3 days/nights free of pain. Millions of pain sufferers all over the world miss it profoundly."

IgM September 27, 2010

For Osteoarthritis "Vioxx was my miracle drug. I have not had a pain-free day since it was taken off the market. "

pity September 23, 2010

For Pain "I have fibromyalgia and could take one tablet and experience benefits for days. My muscle and joint pain vanished, my joints were more limber, and most importantly, the brain fog I experience so often was gone. I have not found anything that provides anything that provides a fraction of the relief that Vioxx provided. It's amazing. I hope they come up with a new formulation."

Anonymous July 7, 2010

For Osteoarthritis "Vioxx was like a miracle drug with its ability to reduce pain. I would take about three a week and this would make my arthritis pain vanish. The drugs I'm on now don't even come close to doing the same job as Vioxx even when taking three and four a day. I've been on Celebrex, Arthrotec and Meloxicam. Bring back Vioxx and let the sufferers chose. These other drugs which do very little for me give me diarrhea and can cause heart attacks too, but minus the relief which Vioxx delivered. I'll bet there's an abundance of people suffering right now who would opt for Vioxx in a heartbeat."

John27 May 16, 2010

For Pain "A miracle drug. The only medicine that took my pain away. "

Anonymous April 3, 2010

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I had a very severe onset of rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and Vioxx gave me my life back. I was in remission for nearly eight years and now without it, I have had not one pain free day."

Kroepfl March 8, 2010

For Pain "No better on pain relief than Aleve, but the worst heart burn I've ever had in my life - like someone set my stomach on fire within a couple days of starting this medication. Taking 200mg every other day made no difference. Switched to Mobic."

wolflew December 8, 2009

For Osteoarthritis "I have serious arthritis in my hips and knees, and no medication including Celebrex has ever worked for me. Vioxx was like a miracle pill for me -- one single pill was all I had to take to enjoy over a month of pain free movement! I seriously doubt that small a dosage would ever give me a heart attack, and besides, that would and should be MY choice, not someone else's. It's a prescription medication -- for heaven's sake, leave it up to the doctors to decide who is at too much risk to take it, and leave it up to US if we want to take that risk. For so many, it isn't a risk at all, nor do they, like me, even need much of it to live without pain. "

Anonymous November 4, 2009

For Period Pain "I used to get terrible period pain. I was taking Advil like M&Ms and it was wrecking my stomach. I tried Vioxx and what a difference. A regular dose of Vioxx would keep me pain free for 12 hrs, and no GI symptoms. Then they pulled it from market. So I took Celebrex, which was better than Advil but still required around 1000mg/day to keep my menstrual pain down. I finally had a hysterectomy at 43 which might have been avoided if Vioxx had been kept on the market."

delayed surgery October 17, 2009