User Reviews for Maxalt-MLT

Learn more about Maxalt-MLT.

Maxalt-MLT Review Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 87 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Maxalt-MLT to treat Migraine

"My Migraine did Not go away . It might have only marginally lessened it . I went to bed for two hours and have felt terrible all day . This medication made me very sleepy . I took a Second Wafer some hours later but there was Still No Improvement ! Now I cannot take any other migraine medication for a whole 24 hours. Which is far too long . I made the mistake of taking the second wafer when the first one wasn't helping. I already had Jaw Pain so reading that others get it as a side effect makes me wonder. It reminds me of Imigraine and I thought that useless. Sydney Australia 2015.05.18"

Bondi May 18, 2015

"Maxalt, especially the melt aways are simply amazing. I've had to take them off and on for years. (Going quite awhile without migraines.) Then the generic was introduced. I've tried two different kinds. They are not the same! The generic makes my headache get worse right after I take it, then about 1/2 hour later it might work. I'm usually asleep soon after that. I searched for the 'real' deal again and it is as I remembered. Started working RIGHT away with very little side effects. Maybe sore throat. Such a miracle for me. It is expensive at times depending on whim of insurance coverage, but I will pay to have pain go away!"

DaMax May 3, 2015

"When I first tried it, my migraine was being relieved in about 30 minutes. Ten years later it takes about 11/2 hours. Previously, my headache pain lasted about 16 hours. Nothing over the counter ever worked. No unusual short term or long term side affects. Can make me a little drowsy sometimes."

YNNARF (taken for 10 years or more) April 8, 2015

"I am very greatful for Maxalt wafers as they help me get rid of my migraines, although the side effects of insane burning and jaw pain last and hour before, the wafer curing my migraine. Half half if you can endure the pain, its wonderful"

lenimissy January 12, 2015

"Maxalt MLT works great. Gets rid of migraine within an hour. Tried generic form but only reduced pain by half, plus migraine comes back within a few hours. Also side effects much worse."

KMSH September 3, 2014

"Maxalt MLT tablets do wonders for my migraines. It takes away the migraine very quickly, much quicker than Excedrin or Bayer, and sometimes they take multiple doses to work, if they do at all. The only negative is that when I take one, my neck and upper shoulder muscles tighten up--severely. This doesn't always happen, but it usually does to some degree. Today the migraine went away in perhaps 30 minutes, but the muscle tightness lasted for 1-2 hours, and this time it was so painful I wanted to cry. Still, it's worth it to get rid of the migraine quickly and before it can get too severe. Another thing: my neurologist gave me the tip of swallowing it to get it into your system in the fastest way possible; it's faster than by mouth."

Lisa25177 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 8, 2014

"Just took some for the first time 10 minutes ago and my migraine is ALREADY subsiding. Helps a lot more to put it under your tongue so it'll go into your blood stream quicker. "

xKarmAx (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2014

"I get very occasional migraines, sometimes out of the blue, sometimes exercise triggered. I always get a visual aura minimum, sometimes get pins and needles down one side. Untreated I will get the tropical crashing migraine but, thankfully, not for more than a day. I used to use Migraleve but often couldn't keep the tablets down. Maxalt Melt has been fantastic. If I can get one within 20 minutes to half an hour of the visual aura and get to bed it will knock my out for a few hours. I either escape the headache completely or have a fairly short lived one, say 2 hours. no sickness either. Superb drug."

CharliePants (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 22, 2014

"Works like magic. I finally have medication that works. I get severe migraines, and Maxalt has been effective every time I take it."

kennedy 1 December 27, 2013

"This is an amazing medicine that I can not live without. No side effects and completely knocks put the pain. Only once or twice did I need a second dose. It's a life saver. My insurance still covers it so I am lucky."

Pintocalle1 May 7, 2013

"One Maxalt-MLT usually gets rid of the migraine in an hour or less. Occasionally, I need another one 2 hours later to really get rid of it for good. Rarely, even the second one did not quite do it for me. But this is still the most effective medicine that's worked for me, after trying 8-10 other medicines (over-the-counter and prescription)."

TC631 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 8, 2013

"The Maxalt-MLT self-dissolving tab worked wonders for me. At a time when my doctor was trying to determine the most-effective treatment form my migraine headaches, this medicine was a God-send. My doc gave me samples of various triptan meds and I was to try one out at the onset of every migraine. Of the 5-6 different samples I was given, Maxalt-MLT worked the fastest & had the least amount of side-effects. I was amazed. Unfortunately, my insurance would not cover it and I had to settle with sumatriptan. Sumatriptan worked, but it took about an hour and I just remember feeling really weird after taking it. Anyway, if/when my migraines start again- Maxalt is what I want."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2013

"I used to take the Maxalt in pill form and these work 2x as fast. I took one today at the first sign of a headache and it stopped it in it's tracks in just under 15 minutes. The pill used to take 30 and often the headache had time to bloom and get bad by then. They didn't immediately get rid of the nausea I get, but it went away in about 20 min after it stopped the bloom. I rated these as a 9 because of the taste. They taste a bit like a peppermint candy that's gone bad, but it's bearable and only lasts for about 5 seconds. I usually wash the flavor away with coffee - I like to back up anything I take for a headache with a good dose of caffeine. These will be replacing my Maxalt pills even if they do taste awful."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 19, 2012

"Works fast limited side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 14, 2012

"1 Maxalt malt usually starts working in 30 to 45 minutes for me. Within an hour I'm able to continue my day. I have very frequent migraines and have used Maxalt for many years. No real side effects except a bit of drowsiness. And it is very expensive. Insurance does not cover the whole cost."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) August 26, 2012

"Miracle medicine! Only thing that helps my migraines and within minutes. Insurance wont cover so will have to find an alternative. If your insurance covers it, it is well worth it!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2012

"Works within minutes usually. Have not noted any side effects with it although I do not care for taste. After it melts and is gone, I drink water to get taste out of my mouth."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 3, 2012

"Works about 75% of the time. So far this is the best medication I've been prescribed."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2012

"Maxalt has worked wonders for me! I've suffered from migraines for several years now and Maxalt has been the only thing that can stop them. When I feel a migraine coming on I take one of the 10 mg dissolvable tablets and it soon disappears. Occasionally I do end up with a full-blown migraine (because I'm forgetful and don't always have Maxalt on me) and taking two doses helps it go away much more quickly than it would otherwise. Miracle!"

mgw622 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 4, 2012

"I have suffered from headaches since I was twelve and nothing seemed to help other than just going to bed. With those headaches, although I usually got sick, they would be gone when I woke up the next day. When I got into my late 40s, the headaches lasted 2-3 days starting at the beginning of my menstrual cycle. I would take tons of Advil to try and keep them at bay. I started taking Maxalt two months ago and it really works. I sometimes have to take two in a 24hr period, but normally one a day (during my period) keeps the headaches away.The only side effect I notice is that I feel more anxious and edgy during the time I take the medicine. I highly recommend."

Anonymous April 2, 2012

"I live in the UK so I get Maxalt free on NHS. I suffer from migraines a lot, and before I started taking Maxalt I would get minimum of 4 migraines a month sometimes more. These would last a whole 7 days with the first 24 hrs being hell! Its hard to explain to non-sufferers how painful these are. All of you will know what I am on about. Couldn't believe how amazing Maxalt was, didn't even reach the painful stage but it was totally gone. Works every time straight away for me. I take it along with codeine also prescribed. Tiny side effect, cramps in tummy but goes away within 30 mins. Worth it though!"

Scottishblood January 20, 2012

"This medicine didn't help me at all. As a matter of fact it made my neck muscles seize up."

crimsonbelle70 January 14, 2012

"This pill is like a magic. I just noticed that the pill works in minutes for me and I feel a bit dizziness and like a burning head and then the pain is gone. Today I got a early migraine and I was able to use the MLT and work kind of slowly but it stopped the pain in time. But I still feel very sensitive to light. Great medication ask your doctor for Maxalt or Maxalt-MLT."

viktor2012 January 7, 2012

"I started taking Maxalt after horrible experiences with Imitrex. I had almost all the same side effects: extreme nausea, dizziness, falling asleep, and a general out of it feeling the rest of the day. But the worst part is that it did absolutely nothing for my migraine. I am just glad that I had samples so I didn't get stuck paying for a prescription I would not use. "

Anonymous November 8, 2011

"I had my doubts that this would work -- it was fantastic! within 15-20 minutes the pain that felt like my skull was in a vise disappeared. I am a horse trainer and I work full time on my own farm, and I can't function when I have a migraine, ( 4-5 attacks a month, 24-48 hours each time) Maxalt 10-mg was a miracle for me. I don't have to put all the work on my daughter, and my temper has become much more even. The anxiety of worrying about a migraine attack has helped enormously, for my emotional state, too. **side note** I had a Mirena IUD and had it removed, I believe this contributed to the attacks, so hopefully in 4-6 weeks I won't need the Maxalt, either."

Alison1966 November 2, 2011