User Reviews for Quinine

Also known as: QM-260, Qualaquin

Learn more about Quinine.

Nocturnal Leg Cramps 11 reviews 25 medications

9.4
Malaria 0 reviews 39 medications Not rated - Be the first
Myotonia Congenita 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Quinine reviews 11 reviews 9.4

Reviews for Quinine

Review by Green WV (taken for 5 to 10 years):

quinine for Nocturnal Leg Cramps: I found this medicine in February, 2006 and my life changed dramatically. No more waking up in the night several times screaming as my muscles tore themselves apart up and down my legs. I have cramps in EVERY muscle, including the larger muscles in the front of the upper leg, and often involving the muscles from the groin to the ankle inside of the leg. They took it off the market in 2008 and I did not sleep again until I was told I could buy it again July, 2013. Now, the manufacturer is not going to make it anymore?. I have 20 pills left, as I have to take it daily with a timer on my phone that reminds me at 7 PM every day. I am so sad and depressed that I will no longer be able to get this medicine. I will be afraid to go to bed again.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 11, 2013 8:38 AM
Review by jeribug (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Qualaquin (quinine) for Nocturnal Leg Cramps: When quinine was dropped and Qualaquin introduced I had to then fight my doctor for my prescriptions. I go from getting maybe 4-5 hrs sleep when taking it to 30 min x 4-5 times a day broken sleep. Without Qualaquin my quality of life goes from non-existent to manageable.

May 16, 2012 4:39 PM
Review by Brent555:

quinine for Nocturnal Leg Cramps: It cures the cramps but the side effects are BAD.

October 10, 2011 9:04 PM
Review by CAROL BIGLAND: User Rating:

quinine for Nocturnal Leg Cramps: I have been taking quinine on and off for some years. I only take it when I get cramp in the night. It usually takes about 20 minutes for the cramps to ease off, enough for me to relax and go back to sleep.

August 30, 2011 8:37 AM
Review by Stormy47: User Rating:

Qualaquin (quinine) for Nocturnal Leg Cramps: I had been on Quinine sulfate several years ago, for severe leg cramps in both legs and at that time is was a generic medication, then FDA took all off the market and allowed it to be brought back as a classified medicine, of course at a very high rate. But this works! I was at the breaking point with the pain, now I can still work, walk and sleep a full night without pain. What a wonderful feeling that is. Thank you.

January 7, 2011 8:48 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

quinine for Nocturnal Leg Cramps: It is so upsetting that I can no longer get Quinine Sulfate for use when my legs cramp at night. I call my symptoms Dancing Legs because they just won't calm down without quinine.

October 1, 2010 2:42 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Qualaquin (quinine) for Nocturnal Leg Cramps: I develop severe legs cramps at night for some reason and found that Qualaquin works for me. Also, I have COPD- bronchial asthma and suffer with tightening of the chest muscles, not sure why. When I take Qualaquin, I have noticed the chest muscle relaxes, and I can breathe without the constant coughing. It gives me some time to physically recuperate for a couple of hours. Life saver!

March 5, 2010 1:16 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

quinine for Nocturnal Leg Cramps: I had been using Quinine Sulphate capsules for many years for severe leg cramps at night. I did not take a capsule every day but only when I had been on my feet all day and sometimes after a long day of golf or walking in heeled shoes. My doctor felt I was responsible enough to give me a bottle of 100 pills. This often lasted me well into two years or so. I have had leg cramps once again often since I was unable to purchase these capsules any longer. If they are again available I will be really content to once again be able to rid myself of severe cramps at least most of the time if I think of the circumstances of my day.

January 8, 2010 9:19 PM
Review by darmorrow: User Rating:

quinine for Nocturnal Leg Cramps: The quinine immediately stopped the night leg cramps that I have had for years. I take the lowest dose possible which is 200mg.

August 27, 2009 4:35 PM
Review by leaping Mike: User Rating:

quinine for Nocturnal Leg Cramps: I've learned the warning sign of an impending leg cramp and I always keep a small supply of 200 mg quinine sulfate accessible. I use very small containers and have one in the car, one in my backpack when hiking and one in my pocket when out and about. My leg cramps are so painful that it seems that the muscle is tearing itself apart and luckily the pills are within easy reach so the tension ends within a couple of minutes.

June 25, 2009 1:34 PM
Review by DR. W.H.O.: User Rating:

Qualaquin (quinine) for Nocturnal Leg Cramps: Had to stop use because of rash across neck and arms.

June 23, 2009 10:13 PM