User Reviews for Prevnar 13

Learn more about Prevnar 13.

Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis 4 reviews 3 medications

4.5
Summary of Prevnar 13 reviews 4 reviews 4.5

Reviews for Prevnar 13

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis "When I was in my 20s I had a pneumonia shot and they said I would never need another one. My doctor insisted I have this new one. I didn't want it and he knew it but a nurse was standing there with the shot and I let them administer it in my upper right arm towards the back. The same day, my arm was useless and I had to hold on to it as it hurt so bad. I kept trying to get into the doc. but was turned down. I only lived a block away and went into his office but would not see me. This was, guessing, a year and some ago. My arm hurt that much for a week and then started to be able to move it. But, the shoulder joint of that arm is still very painful. I am in therapy for my right arm. Rapid heatbeat and breathing too."

Juanita too March 20, 2016

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis "Had the Prevnar 13 yesterday. Couldn't sleep last night and my arm was painful. I can't lift my arm now and it's very sore. I put ice packs on it and took aspirin but, so far, it hasn't helped! Hope this is all worth it."

Baka (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2016

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis "I had this injection earlier today; it was no more uncomfortable than the annual flu shot that I always get - just a slight stick. I have no redness or irritation at the injection site, and I am experiencing no side effects whatsoever. I've had the 'other' (PPSV23 pneumonia shot and with it I did have redness and soreness around the injection site, but it went away after a few days. I've had pneumonia about 10 years ago, and I don't ever want to go through that again. The pneumonia vaccinations are the way if you are 'at risk', as I am."

Tony_M October 26, 2015

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis "Most painful injection in my life! Felt like a screwdriver being shoved in my arm. Shot was given very high on my arm and I believe it went into shoulder joint. 45 min after given I experienced severe low back pain and after almost 2 months I have severe pain when abducting my arm. I have taken a round of Keflex from my FNP."

Helen Staudt (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2015

More about Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal 13-valent vaccine)

Professional resources