User Reviews for Phenytek

Learn more about Phenytek.

Seizures 2 reviews 41 medications

Epilepsy 1 reviews 29 medications

7.5
Neurosurgery 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Status Epilepticus 0 reviews 18 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Phenytek reviews 3 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Phenytek

For Seizures "I had my first ever seizure on 8/4/93; one day before my 24th birthday, out of the 'clear blue.' I was first prescribed 400mg of Dilantin daily. I experienced muscle spasms/twitches, sleeplessness at night [and] sleepiness during my waking hours. I was switched to 400mg of Phenytek daily. At first the same symptoms persisted, but subsided over time. I have been on both Dilantin and Phenytek for 22 years; currently on Phenytek and my seizures are controlled, with minor/minimal side effects; occasional muscle twitching and/or headaches remedied with Tylenol. I hold down a full-time job, and I drive, so my #1 priority every night is to take my meds. So far, so good....."

D. P. (taken for 10 years or more) February 23, 2015

For Epilepsy "I've been taking this medicine for years. I was having difficulties keeping my medicine levels in the proper zone. The extended release has been great. I'm in a small group of people who need their Dilantin level slightly above the 10-20 range. I'm able to stay at 20-22 with the proper dosages that have been prescribed for me. I cannot take the generic brand. When I was on the generic, my levels were not as stable."

Chris Lab December 20, 2014

For Seizures "I have been on this medicine for almosy 6 years. I have not had any side effects as of yet. I am monitored by my doctor every 6 months. This medicine has changed my life I was not able to do things such as drvie or even work. Since on the meds I have been seizure free and living my life."

jennifromdabx April 6, 2008