User Reviews for Perphenazine

Also known as: Trilafon

Learn more about Perphenazine.

Psychosis 3 reviews 17 medications

8.5
Bipolar Disorder 6 reviews 46 medications

6.8
Nausea/Vomiting 0 reviews 149 medications

Summary of Perphenazine reviews 9 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Perphenazine

Trilafon (perphenazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Helped stop hallucinations."

Juddeedoo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder: "Have been bi-polar all my life and have major anger issues. Since my doctor put me on perphenazine (4mg daily) my issues have dramatically decreased, but still flare up now and then. The only side effect I found is the lethargy after taking it."

braziej (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 25, 2013

For Psychosis: "I have been on Trilafon (perphenazine) for about 4 years. I'm on a low does, 4mg x3 times a day. From what I understand this medicine is a lot more gentle than most medicines that would treat bipolar, schizophrenia, and other forms of psychosis. Its not good for elderly as the higher the dosage you get the more at risk you are for tardiv dyskinesia (or tremors of the face, arms, and hands). I am 28 and this medicine worked when Lexapro, Geodon, Haldol, and risperidone wouldn't. I am given it for Pscyhsis. In addition I am on 40 mg Viibryd and 0.5mg of Klonopin. I would recommend this medicine. "

Eric8428 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 21, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder: "Keeps the crazies at bay (mostly) - the delusions, etc."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 12, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder: "I was on a very high dose (64mg/day) for two years. At first, it was wonderful. My Dr. told me it was a mood stabilizer, and for me it did just that. For a while. After a few months, I started taking naps in the day - HIGHLY abnormal to me. Then after the naps, I started to go to bed earlier, and earlier. Then one day I realized I was sleeping 17 hours out of the day! Since I followed my Dr's intruction, and we weaned my off, my days are bright again! No naps, chores are getting done, I am not neglecting my hygeine, picking up forgotten hobbies, living, THRIVING! And absolutely no withdrawl. "

Samsquatch February 23, 2012

Trilafon (perphenazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on Trilafon for 2 years now. Mostly I liked it at first because it brought me back to earth when I was over anxious. I have lowered my dosage since then and I thought it was doing me well, but I have been having neck problems lately and have realized that this is a side effect of Trilafon called extra-pyramidal syndrome that damages my posture area, so no matter how hard I try I can't regain a good posture. "

Anonymous July 26, 2011

Trilafon (perphenazine) for Psychosis: "I had a similar experience. Tremors in hands (not really noticeable to someone watching unless they were looking for it), but relief from the delusions I was experiencing. My problem has been going on for over 16 years so I anticipate it will not magically disappear (and it didn't) but the clarity of thinking I experience with this medicine really helps me."

Anonymous May 23, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder: "This has been helpful with the anxiety and mood swings. Doesn't seem to have as much as an antidepressant effect as Abilify did for me."

Anonymous April 7, 2011

Trilafon (perphenazine) for Psychosis: "Trilafon has been a breath of fresh air. In the past I've tried Seroquel, Zyprexa, Abilify, and Geodon. Since I've been on Trilafon I have not experienced hallucinations or delusions. My only complaint about this medication are the side effects. I was recently hospitalized and this is the medication that they put me on. About 3-4 weeks after introduction to the drug, I have begun to notice the side effects, mainly tremors (hands) and random muscle movements (mostly in the arms and hands)."

ctcub81 September 16, 2009