User Reviews for Perphenazine

Also known as: Trilafon

Learn more about Perphenazine.

Psychosis 3 reviews 18 medications

8.5
Bipolar Disorder 6 reviews 48 medications

6.8
Nausea/Vomiting 0 reviews 152 medications

Summary of Perphenazine reviews 9 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Perphenazine

Review by Juddeedoo (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Trilafon (perphenazine) for Bipolar Disorder: Helped stop hallucinations.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2014 12:59 AM

Review by braziej (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: Have been bi-polar all my life and have major anger issues. Since my doctor put me on perphenazine (4mg daily) my issues have dramatically decreased, but still flare up now and then. The only side effect I found is the lethargy after taking it.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2013 2:43 PM

Review by Eric8428 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Psychosis: I have been on Trilafon (perphenazine) for about 4 years. I'm on a low does, 4mg x3 times a day. From what I understand this medicine is a lot more gentle than most medicines that would treat bipolar, schizophrenia, and other forms of psychosis. Its not good for elderly as the higher the dosage you get the more at risk you are for tardiv dyskinesia (or tremors of the face, arms, and hands). I am 28 and this medicine worked when Lexapro, Geodon, Haldol, and risperidone wouldn't. I am given it for Pscyhsis. In addition I am on 40 mg Viibryd and 0.5mg of Klonopin. I would recommend this medicine.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 21, 2012 4:55 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: Keeps the crazies at bay (mostly) - the delusions, etc.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 12, 2012 8:03 PM

Review by Samsquatch:

For Bipolar Disorder: I was on a very high dose (64mg/day) for two years. At first, it was wonderful. My Dr. told me it was a mood stabilizer, and for me it did just that. For a while. After a few months, I started taking naps in the day - HIGHLY abnormal to me. Then after the naps, I started to go to bed earlier, and earlier. Then one day I realized I was sleeping 17 hours out of the day! Since I followed my Dr's intruction, and we weaned my off, my days are bright again! No naps, chores are getting done, I am not neglecting my hygeine, picking up forgotten hobbies, living, THRIVING! And absolutely no withdrawl.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2012 5:13 AM

Trilafon (perphenazine) for Bipolar Disorder: I have been on Trilafon for 2 years now. Mostly I liked it at first because it brought me back to earth when I was over anxious. I have lowered my dosage since then and I thought it was doing me well, but I have been having neck problems lately and have realized that this is a side effect of Trilafon called extra-pyramidal syndrome that damages my posture area, so no matter how hard I try I can't regain a good posture.

July 26, 2011 10:13 PM

Trilafon (perphenazine) for Psychosis: I had a similar experience. Tremors in hands (not really noticeable to someone watching unless they were looking for it), but relief from the delusions I was experiencing. My problem has been going on for over 16 years so I anticipate it will not magically disappear (and it didn't) but the clarity of thinking I experience with this medicine really helps me.

May 23, 2011 2:32 PM

For Bipolar Disorder: This has been helpful with the anxiety and mood swings. Doesn't seem to have as much as an antidepressant effect as Abilify did for me.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 7, 2011 6:43 PM

Review by ctcub81:

Trilafon (perphenazine) for Psychosis: Trilafon has been a breath of fresh air. In the past I've tried Seroquel, Zyprexa, Abilify, and Geodon. Since I've been on Trilafon I have not experienced hallucinations or delusions. My only complaint about this medication are the side effects. I was recently hospitalized and this is the medication that they put me on. About 3-4 weeks after introduction to the drug, I have begun to notice the side effects, mainly tremors (hands) and random muscle movements (mostly in the arms and hands).

September 16, 2009 3:00 PM