User Reviews for Paxil CR

Learn more about Paxil CR.

Reviews for Paxil CR to treat Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Review by GJ72 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

I have been dealing with anxiety all my life. I thought that was how everyone lived. Last year I had a debilitating episode of anxiety and finally sought help. After hearing my history the doctors wanted me to get on SSRI's asap. I resisted at first due to fears, but eventually relented. Started with 20mg a day of Paxil, was on that does for three months, and I still had some anxiety. Went up to 30mg and after the new dose kicked in, I have never felt better. It has been a year at 30mg's and my anxiety is gone, not just health anxiety but social anxiety, money anxiety. My mind finally works the way it was meant to and I owe it all to Paxil.

September 23, 2013 2:36 PM
Review by gingerrogers:

I remember feeling weird on Paxil. I guess you can say it helped because I was so focused on that foggy feeling that I stopped thinking about feeling anxious! But, of course, that wasn't a reasonable ore or comfortable way to be treated, so I told the psychiatrist I didn't want the Paxil. And unlike what most folks here experienced, I became anorexic instead of gaining weight. I had no interest in eating at all. As a result, I lost about 10 lbs in 2 weeks, and I was only about 115 lbs to start. My pain doctor has just given me a sample of Cymbalta. He told me to wait til the weekend, in other words, not to take it and try and go to work, until I knew how it would affect me.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 24, 2013 12:38 PM
Review by Coulditbe: User Rating:

I started using it a week ago and within 4 days it felt like the dark cloud surrounding me lifted. My circumstances are exactly the same, I can just handle it better and now start working on issues. It saved my life.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate