User Reviews for Oseltamivir

Also known as: Tamiflu

Learn more about Oseltamivir.

Influenza Prophylaxis 1 reviews 54 medications

Avian Influenza 1 reviews 1 medications

Summary of Oseltamivir reviews 80 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Oseltamivir

Review by MaryannF:

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: Fever 103 tested + flu B started Tamiflu. Fever broke but had horrible headaches, insomnia and total loss of appetite. Headache was horrible. Stopped taking it at day 4 and still have headache and feel "off" not right.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 22, 2015 3:33 PM

Review by ankur1977:

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: it is effective.got a good medication..

February 21, 2015 3:51 AM

Review by Wow-wow:

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: The usual flu symptoms. Tamiflu cut out everything but some coughing after 12-24 hours. Felt like a miracle.

February 4, 2015 10:20 PM

Review by Dlttlrr (taken for less than 1 month):

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: Co-worker was diagnosed with the flu. 48 hours later I had fever, headache, joint aches and cough and went to doctor. Nasal smear confirmed strain A. Within 24 hours of starting Tamiflu, symptoms were better. Three days after starting Tamiflu feeling much better with no fever or headache. Still have cough but getting better. First time I have taken this medicine. But it made me a believer!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2015 1:07 AM

Review by Risskia:

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: I was swabbed and diagnosed with Influenza Type A - H2N3. I started Tamiflu about 18 hours after initial symptom onset. Two days after starting Tamiflu, the worst symptoms are almost entirely gone. I am still fatigued and have some respiratory crud, but the severe headache, muscle and joint pain, and fever are gone. I have some minor, transient nausea, but I don't know if that's the medicine or the illness.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 29, 2015 12:25 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: Had the flu for 3 days, then decided to go to the doctor, was prescribed Tamfilu, within 2 days, I was already feeling a lot better. Wished I would have went sooner, this medicine is great!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2015 10:58 AM

Review by Brel1 (taken for less than 1 month):

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: I took Tamiflu as soon as I had symptoms (achy, fever, cough, etc.). My husband had just been in bed with the flu for a couple of days and the doctor gave me Tamiflu in case I became symptomatic. Woke up this morning and feel ill but more like a cold. No fever, etc. Not so exhausted I cannot move as without Tamiflu. Everyone I know who has taken Tamiflu has really good results and very little side effects if any. Research on this medication is not so great for probably a variety of reasons. If you have flu symptoms and/or flu give it a try.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 27, 2015 7:02 AM

Review by Karyk (taken for less than 1 month):

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: Felt achy, feverish and developed a cough out of no where, for about a day, that night extremely fatigued. Went to Dr on my 2nd day, diagnosed with Flu after a swab. Started Tamiflu that night, learned not to take on empty stomach, horrible diarrhea. After day 3, no more fever, fatigue almost gone. Still have stuffy nose and cough a lot better. It works, and it works well. Just remember drink fluids and eat something before taking it, even if it's a slice of bread. No other side effects.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 26, 2015 7:41 PM

Review by Travel Passat (taken for less than 1 month):

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: Went to doctor yesterday, after one full day of a low grade fever, chills, aches, and stuffy nose with a little chest congestion. I didn't feel like I got hit by a Mack truck, still went to work etc. I decided to go to the doctor earlier than I normally would have. They did a swab test and confirmed I had the flu. They gave me Tamiflu. It's been about 36 hours and three doses into it and I feel at least 90% better. My wife's doctor prescribed it for her as a preventative. Neither of us have had any side effects. We both took them with food.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2015 4:56 PM

Review by Happymom333:

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: My 9 yr old son got sick with the flu (confirmed by swab) on a Thursday afternoon. Before bed we gave him the Tamiflu. Overnight he was very sick with a high fever, vomiting and headache, but the next morning after his second dose of Tamiflu was already starting to feel much better, fever a lot lower and eating soup. The medicine is easier on the stomach if you eat something with it, otherwise it can cause stomach/digestion distress. Like others who posted, was skeptical about using it, especially for a child, but so far its worked well.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2015 9:51 AM

Review by Eddie456:

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: I came down with the flu while traveling for work, and a local clinic wrote me a prescription. The Dr told me it wouldn't make me feel better but rather shorten the duration. I figured might as well try it. I've stopped after 3 doses - awful diarrhea and nausea. I'd rather let nature take its course than go through what I have for the last 10 hours.

January 22, 2015 8:23 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza Prophylaxis: Experienced rapid heartbeat and bloodshot eyes on second day as well as blurred vision on the fourth day.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2015 7:41 AM

Review by ML Ellis:

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: I started with symptoms Friday night and immediately started Tamiflu. I tested positive for flu A. This medicine works wonders for the flu. My advice is to anyone who starts to experience symptoms to get to a doc immediately. I still have some congestion but I feel 95% better!

January 19, 2015 6:36 PM

Review by stevoreho:

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: Was sick on Friday then took Tamiflu at night didn't sleep very well but felt 80% better next day. Just eat something with it. It works pretty good.

January 17, 2015 6:16 PM

Review by Erine017 (taken for less than 1 month):

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: This really works. I was amazed at the results, almost bedridden took the pill felt better within 24 hours, still tired the body aches and flu like feeling mostly gone. Didn't believe it would work but it does.

January 17, 2015 1:45 AM

Review by tboneforyou:

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: Symptoms started Monday. Confirmed flu test and started Tamiflu Wednesday. I just took my thitd dose and my fever has gone down from 103 wednesday to 99 thursday. I agree with the really vivid wild dreams and sleeping 3 hours at a time. Also my taste and smell are almost completely gone. I am not sure if all of that is from Tamiflu or maybe its just effects of the flu virus. Regardless I feel much less achy, headachy and fatigued. Also I am not sweating buckets anymore. I am satisfied with the medicine.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 15, 2015 5:07 PM

Review by Trying a new thing:

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: My 9 year old son got influenza A in spite of receiving his annual flu shot. His temp was up to 104 when we took him in - very scary. He took the Tamiflu right before bed and woke up with a reduced fever! It doesn't work like an antibiotic where he started getting better fast but I definately feel like it is helping. I was a little nervous because no one in our family has ever used it before but I'm grateful we did. He took with a few crackers and his stomach was fine with it.

January 14, 2015 5:00 PM

Review by Danholio (taken for less than 1 month):

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: Woke on a Sat. with a temp of 100.5. Popped two Advil and made it to 4 p.m. when I realized I was sick. Trip to doc in the box confirmed type A flu. Took first dose of Tamiflu Sunday night at 10 p.m., slept through the night, took second does at 10 a.m. the following morning. Feeling much better just tired. Eat something before you take the meds. My stomach was tore up because I did not eat a snack with the morning dose.

January 11, 2015 5:27 PM

Review by Flu-y mama (taken for less than 1 month):

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: 17 weeks pregnant. Had a horrible cough since Saturday. Thursday developed fever and general feeling of unwellness. Saw Dr Friday. Took first dose of Tamiflu Friday night. Slept the best I had in a week. Saturday felt 60% better, no fever. Today is Sunday, feeling tired but not unwell. Planning on going to work tomorrow. I did take it with food, but have has horrible heartburn when I sleep on my left from it. Also, nasal drainage is worse since taking it.

January 11, 2015 10:42 AM

Review by Mimiluv (taken for less than 1 month):

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: I was told Tamiflu was amazing but I didn't think it was going to be. I got the medicine the first day I discovered I had all the symptoms of the flu. I was running a fever of 102 and my body was killing me. It hurt to move at all. I took my first dose at night. I woke up the next morning and my body felt like I had experienced a miracle. My muscles weren't sore anymore AT ALL. I felt at least 50% better after one dose! I'm on day 3 of the medicine and I feel pretty good considering how the flu usually has you feeling. I predict I will be fully functioning by tomorrow.

January 7, 2015 9:09 AM

Review by Fluintexas:

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: Live in central Texas and did get a flu shot. Flu symptoms started on Monday at 3 am. I took Tamiflu Monday at 7 pm. (Got flu 2 years ago And learned you have to take quickly after symptoms). My fever is better (hovering at 99.8) and aches are lessening, but man it makes me sick to my stomachs for about an hour after taking it. However it's worth it. Just took my third dose. Hopefully I'll get back to normal.

January 6, 2015 10:31 PM

Review by Cjh1114:

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: This medicine has been a God send. I had a horrible case of the flu- coughing, sore throat, tons of snot, fever, and horrible chills. I started this medication and by two doses in, I started feeling better. My fever broke and I feel 80% better. I still feel exhausted but without all of the horrible symptoms. No side effects. Highly recommend the medicine-- just eat when you take it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 4, 2015 4:33 PM

Review by whaddyanuts (taken for less than 1 month):

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: Symptoms began on a Monday. Tested positive for influenza A on Wednesday and started Tamiflu. It's Friday and I feel worse than I did yesterday. Fever returned today, slept poorly last night, headache worse, terrible taste in my mouth. Hate to run back to doc already. Maybe it was too late for the Tamiflu?

January 2, 2015 12:16 PM

Review by KaylaD:

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: Diagnosed with Type A influenza on Wednesday morning with symptoms starting Tuesday night. Started Tamiflu at 4 pm on Wednesday and 24 hours later I have only cold symptoms. I am very tired but I'm also 25 weeks pregnant. Very thankful for Tamiflu and would recommend it to anyone. Only downside is the COST!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 1, 2015 6:35 PM

Review by LaurenL44:

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: Today is Thursday. I woke up last Sunday with a sore throat, by the time night rolled around I had a 101 fever. I could barely swallow on Monday and had all the typical flu symptoms so went to the walk in care in town. I tested positive for Flu type A. I was prescribed Tamiflu - had to go 5 towns over to get it a pharmacy because of the amount of people in my area with the flu. By Tuesday Morning (after only 1 pill) I was feeling SO much better, it was incredible! By yesterday (Wed), I really had zero symptoms left - amazing! There are some side effects that have been annoying but nothing compares to what could have happened left untreated. #1 issue: INSOMNIA. Even took a Xanax and could not sleep! Longest I slept since starting is 45mins!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate