User Reviews for Oseltamivir

Also known as: Tamiflu

Learn more about Oseltamivir.

Influenza 97 reviews 75 medications

Influenza Prophylaxis 3 reviews 40 medications

5.7
Summary of Oseltamivir reviews 113 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Oseltamivir

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I went to the ER on day two of shortness of breath, chest pains, fever, coughing, aches and pain all over my body. I was prescribed Tamiflu. I went home took it around 7 my fever dropped down from 100.7 to 98.6 in an hour. I had no more chills and was able to turn my heater off and felt a lot better. I did get very dizzy and felt light headed, but over all I do feel a lot better only after 1 pill!"

ScarlettMay February 7, 2016

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I'm on day two, and just took third dose. I couldn't breath out of my nose and had the worst aches and pain imaginable. Woke up this morning still weak but I can breath out of both nostrils now and the aches and pains are finally dwindling a little. I have not experienced nausea related to the meds just the influenza has made me feel nauseated along with the many over the counter medications I have been taking. This drug works. If I woke up in pain like I felt last night I was going to the hospital. Thank goodness for this drug."

Erinnshayne February 4, 2016

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Doctor prescribed tami flu stopped because I developed itchy red rashes all over. I didn't feel any better during the few days that I took it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "My son had a fever of 104 degrees, he experienced chills and the whole nine. Within 1 - 2 doses he was back to himself. After the first does he instantly changed."

Supermom of Two February 1, 2016

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Worked great for me. Day two of flu, I was prescribed Tamiflu at 9:30 am. Took my first dose and slept all day. Woke up later in the evening sweating like crazy, took second dose and returned to bed. Woke up on third day feeling about 80% better. Will definitely use again."

TravisEL January 30, 2016

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "It helped with the respiratory issues quickly, BUT within a day of starting this I've been experiencing dizziness, headaches & nausea later followed by stomach cramps & diarrhea ....not sure I can finish the last 2 days of it...the dizziness is the worst."

Anonymous January 24, 2016

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I had flu symptoms so my doctor prescribed me Tamiflu. Everytime I took it I felt like I was going to vomit. I haven't felt like eating, so luckily I couldn't vomit. It sort of made me dizzy and it gave me a headache. I wouldn't recommend the medicine to anybody."

J764 January 18, 2016

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Sick sick with flu, tamiflu added to illness, nausea & vomiting, don't know if made flu last shorter, made me too nauseous to know, just ride out the virus, plan on being sick for a week, don't burden your body with meds that may make you sick"

Rose 123 December 25, 2015

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Felt tingle in throat and moderate joint pain Tuesday night. Woke up Wednesday morning full blown flu. Severe joint pain, headache, body ache and minor cough. Felt like I had been hit by truck. Had 103 temp. Went to Dr and was prescribed tamiflu and z/pac. Slept all day Wednesday and night. Woke up Thursday temp down to 99 and felt 90% better. Friday all symptoms of flu are gone and normal temp. Was given 5 days of tamiflu so I took another and got very nauseated. Don't know if I'll finish prescription or not."

Joebama December 25, 2015

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Tamil the first day seemed to just make me nauseated and headache. Second day even with food I was vomiting had a severe headache. Decide for yourself I think this medication is not worth the side effects."

Why me 34 (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2015

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I became very ill with severe vomiting, diarrhea, headache, fever, chills, aches, exhaustion...and I had a 5 month old baby to take care of. All this DESPITE the flu shot. Twelve hours after the initial onset, my doctor diagnosed me with the flu and prescribed Tamiflu. It slowly got better, and two days later I am some what functional...which is good, because now I have to take care of my baby AND my sick husband. We'll be getting him Tamiflu, too!"

Dyanamite December 9, 2015

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "On Thursday I was sneezing and getting a sore throat. On Friday morning, I woke up with a fever of 101.7 degrees, intense chest congestion & my throat felt like it was on fire. I saw the Doctor on Friday afternoon & was prescribed Tamiflu. Took 1st dose at 3 PM on Friday. 12 hours later, the fever was totally gone and the chest congestion was significantly less. Each day, the congestions reduced dramatically. After about 4 or 5 doses I developed sores in my mouth and herpes like blisters on my face so I had to discontinue taking it. Other than the side effects, I have to say the drug totally knocked out the flu within 1-2 days."

CalGirl54 (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2015

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for : "My grandson was visiting and started flu symptoms. I believe he was approximately 9 years old. We obtained Tamiflu very early in his symptoms and during the first day he experienced what looked like a psychotic reaction.. It was as though he became hysterical and was hallucinating. I was barely able to control him. The psychotic episode cleared up the next day, but he never took another dose after that first one. This was a very upsetting event, and I would say the risk is not worth the potential benefits. Who knows how bad it would have gotten if he received more pills. DO NOT TRY IT."

Gramps2015 November 27, 2015

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I have had case of severe flu a few times before but this time I went straight to the doctor to to try Tamiflu. While the flu usually made me miserable and feverish for 4 days and weak for a few days more, I felt pretty good after about a 1 1/2 days and was ready for work on the 3rd day. I will always go for the Tamiflu in the future. In my case, when my face feels flushed, I have a lack of appetite, ache in my neck and back and a slight fever, it is time to act. You need to start Tamilfu as soon as you see the first signs. It is great!"

Gair Bear November 22, 2015

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Woke up at 1:30 am yesterday with a horrible headache, severe body aches, chills, and low grade fever. I felt like I was going to die! I recognized the symptoms from having had the flu 2 years ago so was at acute care when they opened at 8. I was tested positive for influenza B and prescribed tamiflu. I took the first dose around 10 and felt nauseous because I took it on an empty stomach. I took the next dose with food and felt better. I felt almost completely better by my third dose that I took this morning and by my 4th dose I am completely without symptoms."

IRP November 2, 2015

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "This drug is def worth the money. I was shocked. Flu knocked on my door never felt so ill in the 28 years that I've been alive, Fever 103, chills, the worst radiating aches, sore throat, congested, etc...Went to the doctor within 13 hours of symptoms couldn't handle it anymore and they diagnosed me with the flu. And gave me Tamiflu. Went home, took Tamiflu, went to sleep within 9 hours 90% REDUCTION in symptoms. I'd say that is a cure. Nonetheless. Later the next day I took the biggest #2 in my life (TMI) and I knew that the drug had worked. Anyone who had a problem with this drug probably had the onset of symptoms beyond 72 hours. I had NO Side effects. That is rare for me. U can get this if u have been around some w/the flu? Miracle drug!"

rose127 August 19, 2015

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Was battling a horrible high fever I couldn't break for 4 days. Finally got in to my PCP and was prescribed tamiflu. Took it immediately cause I was desperate for relief, after the second dose that evening fever finally broke. This stuff works and saved my life."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2015

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I woke up Thursday morning with a sore throat and then became achy, fatigued and feverish as the day went on. The next morning (Friday) I went to see my doctor and was given a swab test and it came back positive for Influenza A. He prescribed me Tamiflu and I took the first dose around noon Friday and the second dose at about 11pm. When I woke up Saturday morning my fever was gone and the aches were very mild. By Saturday I began to regain energy and was able to move about the house without having to lay down every 5 minutes. By Sunday morning nearly all symptoms had left. Tamiflu truly worked for me and caused little to no side effects."

Dee42 May 10, 2015

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "The flu hit me out of no where but I knew what it was so I went straight to my doctor within 24 hours after experiencing symptoms. Since I caught it early, my doctor prescribed me Tamiflu. I started it right away and the first dose made me so nauseous, dizzy, and I experienced vertigo. I was considering stopping it but I had heard great reviews about it; I also had taken the first dose on an empty stomach. For the next couple of doses I made sure to eat something before taking Tamiflu. From doing this, I had no nausea or dizziness. It could be a coincidence but I think it really made a difference. It definitely shortened the duration of my flu."

Dane1212 (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2015

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I was achy, feverish (100.4) and had a severe headache.I felt like a truck ran me over. I went to the Dr. and was prescribed Tamiflu. I took the first dose and noticed a difference. I didnt have nausea, insomnia or diarrhea. No side effects. I was skeptical as viral infections have to run their course but I'm so happy I took it."

Anonymous April 8, 2015

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Not worth adding the symptoms of severe headache, nausea, and vomiting to an already awful flu. The side effects from Tamiflu made my illness so much worse."

ViolaBell April 4, 2015

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "I started taking it on day 2 after dr prescribed. Although I gained some strength back but the tremendous headache, nauseousness, vomiting and diarrhea was horrible. The worst part was insomnia, could barely sleep, only slept 2-3 hrs the most at each time, body still aching. "

Chirley111 April 3, 2015

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza Prophylaxis: "I came down with the flu TYPE B a local clinic wrote me a prescription. The Dr told me it wouldn't make me feel better but rather shorten the duration. I figured might as well try it. I've stopped after 3 doses - awful diarrhea and nausea. I'd rather let nature take its course than go through what I have for the last 10 hours."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2015

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Had sudden onset of flu...chest pressure, headache, slight sore throat, and then severe body aches. I called Dr, and got appt same day. He prescribed Tamiflu. I took at 7pm...by next morning I had very little symptoms, expect for fatigue and a little cough. My fever at Dr's office was 101, next morning it was 99.8. A couple hours after my second Tamiflu pill, my fever was 98.6. I am so impressed with this medicine. I think key is getting this in your as soon as the symptoms appear. I guess I'll see how I feel tomorrow morning, but I think this saved me from getting a full onset of the flu. I take this pill with a full meal, and have had no problems with upset stomach or anything like that. Only side effect is insomnia!! :("

SabresFan4 (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2015

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for Influenza: "Husband was diagnosed with influenza B (swab) but had had symptoms too long to get Tamiflu. However, when a coworker and I talked, she was surprised to find that the clinic had not prescribed it to me as I have a pre-existing lung condition. Hubby was diagnosed Thursday night; I got Tamiflu Rx by phone on Friday. Was to use one a day for 10 days as prophylaxis; two a day if I showed symptoms. By Friday night, had congestion, fever etc. Had headache and slight fever for two days; now on fifth day, the only thing I'm battling is cough/chest congestion and fatigue. Convinced that Tamiflu helped immensely, particularly as husband's symptoms were far worse than what I ever endured."

BestBeloved'sBabe (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2015