Pill Identifier App

9.3
Summary of Opium reviews 7 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Opium

Review by Albion (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Opium Tincture, Deodorized (opium) for Diarrhea: Diarrhea is a symptom of disease, not a disease by itself. It is important to treat the underlying cause (e.g., Crohn's, IBS, cancer, etc.) not just the symptoms. Opium tincture should be used only as a last resort and for a short period of time (1-2 weeks max). I have taken this medication off-and-on over the past decade, but only when everything else fails and I have to travel. It is very effective at stopping diarrhea.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 4, 2013 8:54 PM

Paregoric (opium) for Diarrhea: I have been taking Paregoric for more than half my life. I have seen many doctors and tried many different medicines and this is the only medicine that relives my diarrhea problem. My mother had the same problem and almost never went out and became a shut-in. If she had to go out she stopped eating for several days before so there would be nothing to come out and sometimes she still had accidents of large amounts of brown liquid coming out without time to get to a bathroom. This has happened to me twice and know I don't go anywhere without my small bottle of Paregoric because it works so fast.

October 27, 2011 6:09 AM
Review by Markjdunn: User Rating:

Paregoric (opium) for Diarrhea: I have been to many Doctors and with many tests to find out nothing. Tried many types of medicines the only thing that works for me is Paregoric. I don't need much only two spoons a day and it let's me work. Without it I can be in the bathroom up to 16 times a day. Before my Dr. put me on this I had lost 30 lbs. I am not looking forward to the day when I run out.

June 7, 2011 7:47 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Paregoric (opium) for Diarrhea: Paregoric is the only medicine that will have any effect on my diarrhea caused by surgically induced Short Bowel Syndrome. To stop being housebound, I have to have it. Without it I can have no normal life.

October 10, 2010 4:21 PM
Review by Need to Survive: User Rating:

Paregoric (opium) for Diarrhea: I am a 35 year old woman who has tried hundreds of medications to help my chronic diarrhea. I have had multiple diagnosis depending upon the doctor I saw. They ranged from Crohn's, ulcerative Colitis, to Inflammatory Bowel Disease, to severe Irritable bowel syndrome, etc. I have been tested for everything. The only medication that has given me any relief and allows me work and keep going on with my daily activities is Paregoric. If this medication at some point goes off the market, my only alternative will be to file for medical disability and be a shut in. It is very scary and sad for me to that this may happen. This medication has given me the quality of life I need, to keep going everyday.

September 23, 2010 12:01 PM
Review by glad2bfree: User Rating:

Opium Tincture, Deodorized (opium) for Diarrhea: From 10 gut surgeries, never had such serious "output". Opium Tincture "Deodorized" (WARNING: IT'S NOT PARAGORIC!!) is a critical part of medicinal therapies keeping me from life threatening dehydration. I expect to heal eventually, but for now, the Opium Tincture is a blessing. It is the MOST AWFUL tasting medicine ever! When I extract the Opium Tincture liquid with the tiny syringe made for this medicine, I ALWAYS slowly squirt the tiny amount into a small glass of Orange Juice which is the ONLY thing that effectively neutralizes that nasty taste. After stirring and drinking the mixture, I then swish a tiny bit of water in the glass and drink it so I'm sure to get all the med if it clings to the glass plus cleans the glass for next use.

March 11, 2010 9:22 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Paregoric (opium) for Diarrhea: This medicine tastes awful.

February 2, 2010 5:01 PM
Review by saving_u: User Rating:

Don't do it. Stop taking it!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate