User Reviews for Prilosec OTC

Learn more about Prilosec OTC.

GERD 8 reviews 208 medications

9.3
Indigestion 2 reviews 228 medications

Summary of Prilosec OTC reviews 10 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Prilosec OTC

Review by Blondie78 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Indigestion: I love this medicine because after I take it my stomach feels a lot better.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 25, 2014 2:00 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For GERD: It worked well to eliminate reflux symptoms, but forced to discontinue use as made me too dizzy, lightheaded, and sometime naseaus. To the point of not feeling comfortable enough to drive.

October 3, 2012 9:28 AM

For GERD: My doctor prescribed Protonix which worked most of the time and every now and then I would take a Tums. Then my doctor left and I didn't request a refill soon enough, so I decided to try Prilosec OTC. My GERD disappeared after the first day. I took it daily for 14 days as described on the box and never had a problem at all. My GERD pain is coming back though, so I will be buying another box.

August 7, 2012 5:04 PM

Review by rtpack:

For GERD: I have taken both prescription and OTC Prilosec. After losing my prescription coverage, I changed to OTC version and have had great results. I try to take my pill at least 2 to 3 hours before lunch. It works very well for me.

September 2, 2011 9:42 PM

Review by newtek30:

For Indigestion: Good for stomach pains, indigestion and extreme gaseous pains and conditions.

June 14, 2010 2:01 PM

Review by JCN:

For GERD: It was wonderful to be able to take one in the morning and be free of distress all day, but soon I began to have dizziness on arising which soon increased to all day. By process of elimination I found the cause to be Prilosec. The problem was resolved after discontinued use. Now I am taking ranitidine with no such side effects and very satisfied.

February 27, 2010 11:06 AM

Review by dr5cft6:

For GERD: My doctor gave me a sample of Prevacid for chronic heartburn and one pill taken at bedtime gave me the HIVES by the next morning. Never having had hives, I freaked and called the doctor immediately. I was then given PRILOSEC and have been 98.6% trouble free since then, switching to PRILOSEC OTC which was half of my cost of the prescription. It doesn't seem to matter what I eat: Mexican, Thai, Chinese or other spicy foods, chocolate, water, sodas, bland stuff, etc., I often get heartburn maybe 5 days out of 7. With Prilosec, I seldom have any discomfort, regardless of what I eat or drink. If I forget to take it daily, I'll get heartburn 36-48 hours after the last pill.

December 4, 2009 1:53 PM

Review by Razduck:

For GERD: Excellent OTC medication for Acid Reflux (GERD)

November 17, 2009 10:41 AM

For GERD: I was prescribed this by my doctor to take twice daily. It has helped but I worry about long term use. I have been using it for 2 or 3 years now.

July 5, 2009 9:09 PM

Review by gems3125:

For GERD: This medication helps, although I have to take it twice a day and about 40mg at a time for gastroesophageal reflux disease. Does not stop all the burning problem, however does help take the edge off the pain so one can work.

April 23, 2009 5:58 PM