User Reviews for Mupirocin

Also known as: Bactroban, Bactroban Nasal, Centany, Centany AT Kit, Centany Kit

Learn more about Mupirocin.

Skin and Structure Infection 12 reviews 65 medications

Nasal Carriage of St...ylococcus aureus 4 reviews 7 medications

6.5
Paronychia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Mupirocin reviews 16 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Mupirocin

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: "Got this cream to stop recurring boils on my upper leg and elbow , applied it within 48 hrs the infection was healing ! Magic stuff,wow !"

eddie121 May 18, 2015

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Nasal Carriage of Staphylococcus aureus: "I was prescribed topical ointment for my nostrils for an upcoming surgery. I've encountered a headache ever since I started using it. My surgeon prescribed it for an upcoming surgery."

miss T. (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2014

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Nasal Carriage of Staphylococcus aureus: "After several uses of this effective medication I started having a sense of dizziness, shortness of breath and shaking. Now if I use it just once I have an occurrence of the same symptoms. I think I have an allergy to Bactroban which gets worse every time I use it."

delray1425 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 7, 2014

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: "As per procedure, before a hospital stay for a knee replacement I had to have my nose swabbed. Prior to this I had a scab in my nose that hurt so I had been using Bactroban on it. When I went for my surgery everyone was gowning up before they came into my room because apparently my nose swab results came back positive for MRSA, and the Bactroban was detected as well. I was told Bactroban was the right medicine to use for the infection and actually by the time of my surgery my nose was already healed."

beverly1956 (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2012

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: "After 3 days infection is not getting better."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2012

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: "Love this medicine. I got impetigo a few years back. A few days of applying this and it was completely gone. Works great for acne, too. Something I always keep in my medicine cabinet. "

Anonymous January 7, 2012

For : "My 2 year old daughter recently had a g-tube put in, which became infected. After 4 days of antibiotics and neosporin as prescribed by the Dr., the infection seemed to become worse. She was then prescribed Mupirocin and a different antibiotic and literally the very next day, the infected site seemed to be about 75% better! Impressed and happy, especially for my baby girl."

BrendaT. October 11, 2011

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: "This cream is causing stinging and burning. "

Anonymous July 20, 2011

For Nasal Carriage of Staphylococcus aureus: "This ointment is amazing. Received a prescription as a result of infections from professional nails to see if I was prone to staff infection. When the physician asked if I had any bump issues, realized this could also cure my painful recurring boil problems. This medication took care of both. The only problem is that, against physicians recommendation, I began using it daily with the mindset that I never wanted to have another boil. I think it is causing my hair to fall out. This is not a permanent medication that should be taken."

Anonymous January 30, 2011

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: "Was first given this for a skin infection on face that began on younger daughter 12 then spread to mother and older daughter. It was like acne that would not heal and would scab and spread. Worked well. "

For so many things January 26, 2011

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: "This medication is a miracle drug. My 4yr old daughter had a rash that nothing could cure then 2 days after using this cream, I saw an amazing difference. She has extremely dry skin in the winter which she scratches to the point of bleeding sometimes, but not anymore. At the first sign of dry/irritated skin, I apply this cream and it works like magic. Also used it on a rash I developed on my legs and the same thing. The itching stops almost immediately. This cream is a staple in our medicine cabinet."

Anonymous March 25, 2010

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: "Using this on 5 year old's impetigo. She has a nasty lesion on the web on skin between her index and third finger. Nothing was helping it, but within one application of this stuff I saw a difference. I'm grateful to whoever discovered this product."

Anonymous December 13, 2009

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: "As a correctional nurse specializing in wound care, I have found that this heals abcesses and "spider bites" with amazing speed. Noticeable healing within 24 hours. Wish it were available OTC, it would be a staple in my medicine cabinet."

Anonymous October 16, 2009

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Nasal Carriage of Staphylococcus aureus: "I'm suffering from severe tendonitis/arthralgia or bursitis that is excruciating, to the point of absolute tears, when I awaken. It takes all I have to endure the sharp, searing pains that race through my shoulders, elbows, back (lower and upper and I am still recovering from back surgery/instrumentation), my legs and feet, my hips. I can honestly say I am experiencing pain on level "12" on 0-ten scale. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. It takes me a half hour to get out of bed. By about two hours, my pain medicines from my back pain (intractable) take effect and I am able to hobble. Throughout the day, I gain a little more mobility. I watch the symptoms move about my body; not diminishing, only moving. At night, it starts again."

Severe Adverse Reaction September 20, 2009

Bactroban (mupirocin) for : "I used this cream when I was younger on everything: cuts, burns, and even acne; and it worked like a charm. I haven't used it in about 8 years, but if it works the same, it's a miracle cream."

Chuck on Mondays at 8 July 27, 2009

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: "My doctor told me to use it on my ears as I was getting yellow and red bumps that were painful to the touch. This stuff really works. My ears cleared up in about 4 to 5 day. The only side effect I had was it felt like my ears were getting a little warm for about 5 minutes but that soon went away."

LOWRYDER February 6, 2009

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: "I was first given this product while traveling in the Philippines. The pharmacist recommended Bactroban to treat a mild skin infection on my foot which I got from wearing flip flops too long in wet, sandy conditions. The area cleared up in less than two days. It has been in my medicine cabinet ever since."

Anonymous December 4, 2008

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: "It's great."

5564 August 17, 2008