User Reviews for Elocon

Dermatitis 2 reviews 342 medications

Summary of Elocon reviews 25 reviews 9.6

Reviews for Elocon

Review by mstiff (taken for less than 1 month):

For Eczema: This cream is awesome, my daughters arms look beautiful. I used it twice a day for about 3 days and her arms cleared up.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 27, 2014 1:22 PM

Review by Staccc (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Psoriasis: I tried every lotion, shampoos etc that said it would work and didn't. Came to the point where I was scratching so much my hair was falling out. My doctor suggested Elocon lotion for my scalp. Skeptical of course, used it in my hair and scalp before I went to sleep (stung a bit) but worth waking up and washing my hair to clear flake free scalp. I've never looked back, Best lotion ever.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 22, 2014 9:06 AM

Review by Rachel.guy:

For Eczema: I'm 21 and I have had eczema since I was a baby, however it has only been within the last three years that my skin has really suffered. I got very low after trying countless creams. I had light therapy which to me I found pointless as it only made me burn, which made me scratch more. I have eczema all over my body, literally everywhere so you can imagine, as fellow sufferers, how painful and uncomfortable this is. I started using Elocon a few days ago and I must say the improvement is phenomenal. I really would recommend this as my skin is almost clear! So pleased with the results so far!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2014 5:00 PM

Review by ClearSkinChoice:

For Eczema: This ointment is very effective. It has cleared up all of my breakouts from eczema. However, it concerns me that someone in an earlier post mentioned that they apply this medication to their face. Please DO NOT do this as Elocon is a steroid that can thin the skin. Its so strong, you only need to apply it to the affected area. Its not meant to be used like a face cream. The skin on your face is already so much thinner and more sensitive when than the skin on your arms and legs.

November 12, 2013 8:42 PM

Review by CanadaGal15 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Psoriasis: I've had scalp psoriasis for 20 years and this is the only thing that works for me. Tar shampoo can be effective but not if it takes me an hour to comb out my hair after....(I have long think hair). Elocon lotion works instantly! I will say that it stings if you have an open sore from scratching but if you use it regularly it makes an amazing difference. I would suggest the lotion over the cream for scalp psoriasis. I'm sure the cream would work better for your body.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 28, 2013 4:03 PM

For Psoriasis: I've had psoriasis for 15 years. I have purposely avoided biologics, steroids and UV treatments. I used Elocon for my first spot ever when I was first diagnosed with psoriasis and it made my tiny non-healing patch of psoriasis go away in a day. It never came back in that location. So, here it is 15 years later and although I've been covering up all year round and using coal tar to take the itch away. I've finally figured out a treatment plan that works. Use the Elocon to get rid of all the patches (it works great!) Then, use the 25% coal tar (5% active coal tar). Wallah! No more dermatologists or steroids for years!

December 7, 2012 1:52 PM

Review by Helped. (taken for less than 1 month):

For Dermatitis: I had a very itchy rash on the outside of both lower legs, also what at first was an itchy red spot became quite large on the back of my calf. My doctor prescribed a cortisone cream that didn't help. Tried some other creams but no improvement. My legs were a mess for 12 months. Then I saw another doctor who prescribed Elocon which I used for 3 weeks and the rash cleared up. That was 3 months ago. I am 75 years old. I will use it again if I need too.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 3, 2012 6:29 AM

For Eczema: My daughter has eczema, when using Elocon she stops scratching instantly. LOVE IT. Also I use pure Vaseline, also she bathes with Dove unscented sensitive soap and she rarely breakouts. Try it.

July 11, 2012 3:17 PM

For Eczema: Suffered all my life from eczema and Elocon is by far the most effective ointment I have used.

February 24, 2012 7:08 PM

Review by Evibeth:

For Eczema: I love Elocon. I'm 28 years old and have been through tubes and tubes of cortisone creams, Benadryl ointments, oatmeal cures and the like. Elocon has been the only cream that works for my eczema. I get terrible rashes that flare up inside of my arms, legs, neck and belly. They come seasonally and when I'm most stressed. I use Elocon after I realize I'm scratching uncontrollably and within a couple of days, the scratching ends and the swelling subsides. My eczema flares and bleeds on the same day so when I apply Elocon for the first day it burns for a few seconds as I'm rubbing it into my wounds. The following day, my rashes have healed and never look as painful as the first day. *Only use 14 days on and 14 days off if you need it like I do!

December 21, 2011 10:44 PM

For Eczema: Virtually instant relief from itching-lasts for up to six weeks.(small area about size of a match head) behind knee.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2011 2:41 PM

Review by Steve- OO:

For Eczema: I have used Elocon for over 20 years and have not seen any sign of side effects. In addition, I use a small amount around the eyes and have very little wrinkles to report. This stuff is amazing. Please note - there are warnings about using this product on your face. My face does not react to the cream and I only use it once a week.

September 8, 2011 6:30 PM

Review by latinlover:

For Dermatitis: I was suffering a skin condition for 13 years, in my scrotum. After spending thousands of dollars with specialists, I use Elocon for a week and my life was back on track. Thanks to Elocon I have my life back.

July 31, 2011 11:02 AM

For Atopic Dermatitis: If only I'd found out about this cream earlier! I suffer from dermatitis on my face (brought on by stress) and tried everything else first, but this was the only thing that worked. Took about 2 days for me.

June 4, 2011 6:57 AM

Review by Amrita Sarkar:

For Psoriasis: I have used it in several patients and the result was awesome.

March 8, 2011 9:26 AM

Review by Desmond Ayim-Aboagye:

For Eczema: Good medicine

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2011 2:31 PM

I've had eczema since I was six weeks old. A few weeks ago I turned 23. I still suffer from severe eczema, but let me tell you Elocon is miraculous. I've seen many doctors who have prescribed me many different cortisone creams and the like, but since I've been introduced to Elocon, I never went back to any of the others. When my skin splits, particularly on sensitive (and quite painful) areas, such as the knuckles, I put Elocon right in the crack and by the next day without fail, the wound will have either formed a skin over the top or healed near completely. I use it all over my body, and would recommend this to anyone who suffers. I'm sure anyone who endures the frustration of suffering from skin diseases would agree.

July 18, 2010 9:18 AM

For Eczema: I have tried many treatments for my eczema and this, and its generic form, have been the best. I get dry skin, redness, and cracking between my fingers, at the wrist and sometimes on the lower arm. One treatment at night and by morning the redness is gone, irritation gone, and after the 2nd day of treatment, no signs or symptoms of the eczema.

March 3, 2010 10:51 AM

For Psoriasis: After applying for about 3 days, almost all of the spots on my torso and back were almost gone....huge relief after progressively worsening lesion size and feeling like a monster! The psoriasis behind my ears is also GONE, and the skin smooth. Almost seems miraculous - the skin looks practically normal, with no thinning or side effects so far. After reading the other reviews, would really like to try the scalp lotion too! It's been years and years since last going to a dermatologist or trying a medicated cream, and the return to NORMAL skin tone is delightful. Especially with a wedding in 3 months!

December 23, 2009 5:09 PM

Review by Jack-E24:

For Eczema: I used to have rashes that swelled and bled. In 5 minutes the irritation and swelling was gone.

May 20, 2009 12:57 AM

Review by no more bad skin:

For Psoriasis: I've been using Elocon for over 15 years. I use the liquid lotion on my scalp. If I apply twice a day for a week, my entire scalp is cleared and itch free. Elocon however is not very effective for the psoriasis in my belly button and in my ears. It only works to clear it for 3 days and comes right back. But for the scalp it's a 10! I also apply it to new spots over my skin if I see them, it nicks any new spots from forming. Elocon states it may thin the skin, but after 10 years, I'm still doing good, no thinning.

May 15, 2009 11:56 AM

For Atopic Dermatitis: Worked excellently and quickly on poison ivy.

May 6, 2009 5:12 PM

For Atopic Dermatitis: I suffered from this medical condition for many months. It cleared up within one day of using Elocon cream.

May 3, 2009 9:55 AM

Review by Dave,:

I have had a skin problem on the back of my hands for about 12 years. A red itching under the skin followed by the affected area of skin peeling. This is very unsightly. I think it was caused by handling blood and bone whilst working in a garden nursery. Elocon appears to have cured this after one week of treatment. I hope it is permanent.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 1, 2009 7:01 PM

Review by cape town:

For Psoriasis: I had bad Psoriasis behind my ear. Elocon cleared it in just two days. I would definitely recommend it.

November 26, 2008 9:16 AM