User Reviews for Elocon

9.4
Dermatitis 2 reviews 348 medications

Summary of Elocon reviews 27 reviews 9.6

Reviews for Elocon

For Eczema "I have suffered from eczema on and off for many years, recently I had a massive reaction on my face which resulted in severe eczema all over my face and neck. I had very sore red patches and very red burning patches. I felt rock bottom and after seeing a dermatologist she gave me Elocon. She gave me confidence that in 4 days my eczema would be completely cleared. I put it on at night and it stung just a little for the first night, 3 days later it had all cleared and my skin super smooth. This is a fab ointment and would certainly give a 10 out of 10 review."

Caz Nic April 2, 2015

For Eczema "I was getting angry itchy red patches on my cheeks that went scaly and looked awful. Mindful of the need to be very cautious with such a steroid medication on the face I used the thinnest tiniest amount just on the red areas. I applied it first late evening. When I got up in the morning I was astonished and delighted to see a 90% improvement, redness virtually gone and no itching. This stuff is potent and highly effective. 24 - 36 hours should be enough to completely solve my issue. Very happy."

LondonTrader (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2014

For Eczema "This cream is awesome, my daughters arms look beautiful. I used it twice a day for about 3 days and her arms cleared up."

mstiff (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2014

For Psoriasis "I tried every lotion, shampoos etc that said it would work and didn't. Came to the point where I was scratching so much my hair was falling out. My doctor suggested Elocon lotion for my scalp. Skeptical of course, used it in my hair and scalp before I went to sleep (stung a bit) but worth waking up and washing my hair to clear flake free scalp. I've never looked back, Best lotion ever."

Staccc (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 22, 2014

For Eczema "I'm 21 and I have had eczema since I was a baby, however it has only been within the last three years that my skin has really suffered. I got very low after trying countless creams. I had light therapy which to me I found pointless as it only made me burn, which made me scratch more. I have eczema all over my body, literally everywhere so you can imagine, as fellow sufferers, how painful and uncomfortable this is. I started using Elocon a few days ago and I must say the improvement is phenomenal. I really would recommend this as my skin is almost clear! So pleased with the results so far!"

Rachel.guy January 14, 2014

For Eczema "This ointment is very effective. It has cleared up all of my breakouts from eczema. However, it concerns me that someone in an earlier post mentioned that they apply this medication to their face. Please DO NOT do this as Elocon is a steroid that can thin the skin. Its so strong, you only need to apply it to the affected area. Its not meant to be used like a face cream. The skin on your face is already so much thinner and more sensitive when than the skin on your arms and legs."

ClearSkinChoice November 12, 2013

For Psoriasis "I've had scalp psoriasis for 20 years and this is the only thing that works for me. Tar shampoo can be effective but not if it takes me an hour to comb out my hair after....(I have long think hair). Elocon lotion works instantly! I will say that it stings if you have an open sore from scratching but if you use it regularly it makes an amazing difference. I would suggest the lotion over the cream for scalp psoriasis. I'm sure the cream would work better for your body."

CanadaGal15 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 28, 2013

For Psoriasis "I've had psoriasis for 15 years. I have purposely avoided biologics, steroids and UV treatments. I used Elocon for my first spot ever when I was first diagnosed with psoriasis and it made my tiny non-healing patch of psoriasis go away in a day. It never came back in that location. So, here it is 15 years later and although I've been covering up all year round and using coal tar to take the itch away. I've finally figured out a treatment plan that works. Use the Elocon to get rid of all the patches (it works great!) Then, use the 25% coal tar (5% active coal tar). Wallah! No more dermatologists or steroids for years!"

Anonymous December 7, 2012

For Dermatitis "I had a very itchy rash on the outside of both lower legs, also what at first was an itchy red spot became quite large on the back of my calf. My doctor prescribed a cortisone cream that didn't help. Tried some other creams but no improvement. My legs were a mess for 12 months. Then I saw another doctor who prescribed Elocon which I used for 3 weeks and the rash cleared up. That was 3 months ago. I am 75 years old. I will use it again if I need too."

Helped. (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2012

For Eczema "My daughter has eczema, when using Elocon she stops scratching instantly. LOVE IT. Also I use pure Vaseline, also she bathes with Dove unscented sensitive soap and she rarely breakouts. Try it."

Anonymous July 11, 2012

For Eczema "Suffered all my life from eczema and Elocon is by far the most effective ointment I have used."

Anonymous February 24, 2012

For Eczema "I love Elocon. I'm 28 years old and have been through tubes and tubes of cortisone creams, Benadryl ointments, oatmeal cures and the like. Elocon has been the only cream that works for my eczema. I get terrible rashes that flare up inside of my arms, legs, neck and belly. They come seasonally and when I'm most stressed. I use Elocon after I realize I'm scratching uncontrollably and within a couple of days, the scratching ends and the swelling subsides. My eczema flares and bleeds on the same day so when I apply Elocon for the first day it burns for a few seconds as I'm rubbing it into my wounds. The following day, my rashes have healed and never look as painful as the first day. *Only use 14 days on and 14 days off if you need it like I do!"

Evibeth December 21, 2011

For Eczema "Virtually instant relief from itching-lasts for up to six weeks.(small area about size of a match head) behind knee."

Anonymous November 22, 2011

For Eczema "I have used Elocon for over 20 years and have not seen any sign of side effects. In addition, I use a small amount around the eyes and have very little wrinkles to report. This stuff is amazing. Please note - there are warnings about using this product on your face. My face does not react to the cream and I only use it once a week. "

Steve- OO September 8, 2011

For Dermatitis "I was suffering a skin condition for 13 years, in my scrotum. After spending thousands of dollars with specialists, I use Elocon for a week and my life was back on track. Thanks to Elocon I have my life back."

latinlover July 31, 2011

For Atopic Dermatitis "If only I'd found out about this cream earlier! I suffer from dermatitis on my face (brought on by stress) and tried everything else first, but this was the only thing that worked. Took about 2 days for me."

Anonymous June 4, 2011

For Psoriasis "I have used it in several patients and the result was awesome."

Amrita Sarkar March 8, 2011

For Eczema "Good medicine"

Desmond Ayim-Aboagye January 23, 2011

"I've had eczema since I was six weeks old. A few weeks ago I turned 23. I still suffer from severe eczema, but let me tell you Elocon is miraculous. I've seen many doctors who have prescribed me many different cortisone creams and the like, but since I've been introduced to Elocon, I never went back to any of the others. When my skin splits, particularly on sensitive (and quite painful) areas, such as the knuckles, I put Elocon right in the crack and by the next day without fail, the wound will have either formed a skin over the top or healed near completely. I use it all over my body, and would recommend this to anyone who suffers. I'm sure anyone who endures the frustration of suffering from skin diseases would agree."

Anonymous July 18, 2010

For Eczema "I have tried many treatments for my eczema and this, and its generic form, have been the best. I get dry skin, redness, and cracking between my fingers, at the wrist and sometimes on the lower arm. One treatment at night and by morning the redness is gone, irritation gone, and after the 2nd day of treatment, no signs or symptoms of the eczema."

Anonymous March 3, 2010

For Psoriasis "After applying for about 3 days, almost all of the spots on my torso and back were almost gone....huge relief after progressively worsening lesion size and feeling like a monster! The psoriasis behind my ears is also GONE, and the skin smooth. Almost seems miraculous - the skin looks practically normal, with no thinning or side effects so far. After reading the other reviews, would really like to try the scalp lotion too! It's been years and years since last going to a dermatologist or trying a medicated cream, and the return to NORMAL skin tone is delightful. Especially with a wedding in 3 months! "

Anonymous December 23, 2009

For Eczema "I used to have rashes that swelled and bled. In 5 minutes the irritation and swelling was gone."

Jack-E24 May 20, 2009

For Psoriasis "I've been using Elocon for over 15 years. I use the liquid lotion on my scalp. If I apply twice a day for a week, my entire scalp is cleared and itch free. Elocon however is not very effective for the psoriasis in my belly button and in my ears. It only works to clear it for 3 days and comes right back. But for the scalp it's a 10! I also apply it to new spots over my skin if I see them, it nicks any new spots from forming. Elocon states it may thin the skin, but after 10 years, I'm still doing good, no thinning."

no more bad skin May 15, 2009

For Atopic Dermatitis "Worked excellently and quickly on poison ivy."

Anonymous May 6, 2009

For Atopic Dermatitis "I suffered from this medical condition for many months. It cleared up within one day of using Elocon cream."

Anonymous May 3, 2009