User Reviews for Elocon

Learn more about Elocon.

Elocon review summary

9.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 237 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Reviews for Elocon to treat Psoriasis

Review by Staccc (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I tried every lotion, shampoos etc that said it would work and didn't. Came to the point where I was scratching so much my hair was falling out. My doctor suggested Elocon lotion for my scalp. Skeptical of course, used it in my hair and scalp before I went to sleep (stung a bit) but worth waking up and washing my hair to clear flake free scalp. I've never looked back, Best lotion ever.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 22, 2014 9:06 AM

Review by CanadaGal15 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I've had scalp psoriasis for 20 years and this is the only thing that works for me. Tar shampoo can be effective but not if it takes me an hour to comb out my hair after....(I have long think hair). Elocon lotion works instantly! I will say that it stings if you have an open sore from scratching but if you use it regularly it makes an amazing difference. I would suggest the lotion over the cream for scalp psoriasis. I'm sure the cream would work better for your body.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 28, 2013 4:03 PM

I've had psoriasis for 15 years. I have purposely avoided biologics, steroids and UV treatments. I used Elocon for my first spot ever when I was first diagnosed with psoriasis and it made my tiny non-healing patch of psoriasis go away in a day. It never came back in that location. So, here it is 15 years later and although I've been covering up all year round and using coal tar to take the itch away. I've finally figured out a treatment plan that works. Use the Elocon to get rid of all the patches (it works great!) Then, use the 25% coal tar (5% active coal tar). Wallah! No more dermatologists or steroids for years!

December 7, 2012 1:52 PM

Review by Amrita Sarkar:

I have used it in several patients and the result was awesome.

March 8, 2011 9:26 AM

After applying for about 3 days, almost all of the spots on my torso and back were almost gone....huge relief after progressively worsening lesion size and feeling like a monster! The psoriasis behind my ears is also GONE, and the skin smooth. Almost seems miraculous - the skin looks practically normal, with no thinning or side effects so far. After reading the other reviews, would really like to try the scalp lotion too! It's been years and years since last going to a dermatologist or trying a medicated cream, and the return to NORMAL skin tone is delightful. Especially with a wedding in 3 months!

December 23, 2009 5:09 PM

Review by no more bad skin:

I've been using Elocon for over 15 years. I use the liquid lotion on my scalp. If I apply twice a day for a week, my entire scalp is cleared and itch free. Elocon however is not very effective for the psoriasis in my belly button and in my ears. It only works to clear it for 3 days and comes right back. But for the scalp it's a 10! I also apply it to new spots over my skin if I see them, it nicks any new spots from forming. Elocon states it may thin the skin, but after 10 years, I'm still doing good, no thinning.

May 15, 2009 11:56 AM

Review by cape town:

I had bad Psoriasis behind my ear. Elocon cleared it in just two days. I would definitely recommend it.

November 26, 2008 9:16 AM

I have had psoriasis for 17 years and have had many visits to the specialist. Although my psoriasis is not what they class as severe it effects my world in a severe way as it is on visual parts of my body that are difficult to hide (especially in summer). Elocon was the first ointment to take the red appearance from the psoriasis and also make some areas look normal again. It has lost its inflammatory appearance and is lessoning in size. I would highly recommend others to give it a go.

October 2, 2008 6:05 PM

Review by j_cloud1:

Wow I've had scalp psoriasis for 15 years and have tried many things. My new doctor prescribed Elocon and my scalp cleared in less than a week. I don't have to wear a hat any more and I feel comfortable wearing black.

August 10, 2008 2:28 PM