Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Remeron

Learn more about Remeron.

Remeron review summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 137 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Remeron to treat Depression

Review by Pops91 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

The first time my doctor prescribed this medication I ate 2 whole large pizzas a family size Lasagna, 2 sandwiches and some desserts all in one sitting. The day after I decided to get off of it. I then realized I couldn't sleep very well and I had some depression which otherwise at the time nothing else was helping me cope with besides my Buspar/Klonopin. Thus I continued my dosage of 15mg (it is true at least for me the lower dosage is higher sedating) of the medication and once I figured out a way of controlling the 1-2 hour boost of what seemed an infinite metabolism. I felt awesome if only for a short while then and immediate beauty sleep followed. Definitely recommend this to anyone with sleep problems.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2015 3:07 AM

Review by Double M (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I'm in recovery from substance abuse for years and this is the first thing that has really worked for me.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2015 11:39 PM

Review by amoretti:

Doctor prescribed me Remeron, I've been taking 15mg for about a month now. I've noticed an increase in hunger and I get great sleep with this medication. However it hasn't helped with my anxiety attacks or depression. I also noticed that I'm becoming more and more forgetful, often find myself staring at nothing in a daze, and hard to articulate what I'm thinking or feeling.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 10, 2015 12:59 PM

Review by dvrs (taken for less than 1 month):

Took for the first time last night slept perfect. Did wake up groggy for the first 2 hours, small price to pay. I have been on over ten different meds and this by far works wonders.

April 8, 2015 8:11 AM

Review by SmoothSailings:

I didn't experience a crazy increase in appetite, however I did gain motivation that I previously didn't have to go to the gym and lift weights which helped me put my weight back on. Side effects for me included slight numbness of the tongue and I feel like I mumble a lot because of that. Side effects do not bother me due to the fact that I feel so much better because of the medicine.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 5, 2015 10:12 PM

Review by Medic14 (taken for less than 1 month):

I have suffered from severe disabling anxiety and depression for over a year now. I'm a paramedic, and father of 2 children and it greatly affected by ability to work, or even go to work and also my ability to enjoy my children when I had them. Lost 30-40lbs. After trying every SSRI on the market for 4 weeks and finally developing suicidal thoughts I checked myself in to a hospital. Within 4 days of starting Rememron- depression was completely relieved. Still have anxiety at times, no panic attacks. VERY FEW SIDE EFFECTS. Had sweating the first 2 days, that's it. GREAT MEDICINE FOR ME!!!!!!! I'm eating again and feeling great!

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 8, 2014 2:45 PM

Review by AnonAnonAnon (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Probably the best antidepressant I've taken in terms of overall effect and side effects (minimal side effects). Also, I noted the improvement in days, vs weeks for SSRI/SNRI's. It's not like being hit by a dose of Ritalin but just was a general sense of wanting to get back in the game, feeling ok, but not "locked in" - still have a good range of emotions.

151 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 16, 2014 2:50 PM

Review by muninn42 (taken for less than 1 month):

I have several issues and was given Remeron along with Seroquel and Tegretol, I take it at night and I sleep now, its pretty amazing but I'm so tired after taking it that I can't keep my eyes open no matter what. In the 3 weeks I have been on it I have gained 3lbs which is awesome for me. I hope the sleepiness dies down some as it is a bit strong for me, but overall this is a great medicine.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2014 5:03 PM

Review by Sebbyboy (taken for less than 1 month):

My main problem is a pretty bad insomnia / anxiety. I tried several natural products over the last 3 years (melatonine, Valerian root, Tea, GABA, Magnesium etc...) as well as using good sleeping habits. I just couldn't support the lack of sleep anymore (hundreds of night without sleeping in the last year) so my GP prescribed me with Zoplicone & Trazodone. It didn't work and my anxiety went pretty bad. I finally pushed my GP to prescribe Remeron. After one week I regained my sleeping cycle at 15mg. Little to no side effects for me except I feel a bit sleepy until 10AM. Really mild anti-depressant, far from SSRI really bad side & withdrawal effects. Try it without fear.

173 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 5, 2014 10:31 AM

Review by Mike VT (taken for 10 years or more):

No sexual side effects as with SSRI's.

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 21, 2014 2:22 PM

Review by hippy bill:

After trying these for about 5 week's had to go back to Dr to change. I felt worse than I'd ever felt in my life I was so angry all the time for no reason, I cried more than I did before medicines for the first time ever I was thinking about suicide. It also gave me a massive appetite gained about ten pounds, which I didn't need so these definitely do not work for me fingers crossed my new ones will.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 18, 2014 8:58 AM

Review by Little Momma (taken for less than 1 month):

Caused restless leg syndrome.

March 12, 2014 6:01 PM

Review by Carmen810 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Love it. Been prescribed it for 3 months. Works great and makes me feel more happier and also improves my sleep

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 12, 2014 12:49 AM

Review by kmllml (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I have been on Remeron since last April. Wonderful!! Nothing else worked..tried everything in the past 4 years. Gained 20 pounds but was so happy to feel better until my blood work showed a high increase in my cholesterol which is stated in info so check yours out. I am now trying Paxil but if does not work will have to go back on Remeron and a Cholesterol pill which I am not happy about but the good out weighs the bad. Anyone else have this problem....

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2014 10:13 AM

Review by RC11234 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I had been taking Remeron for about 6 months. I am 23 years of age and have had sleep problems my whole life. For 6 months my life was great. Everything seemed just perfect. 2 months ago I decided to stop taking it cold turkey. BAD idea. Within the last month the side effects began to kick in. Extreme anxiety, anger, sleeplessness, overall feeling of worthlessness came upon me. It was absolutely terrible! Today my doctor put me back on the medicine and tonight I'll be taking it again. I am so excited to see what lies ahead. If you take Remeron PLEASE do not quit taking it cold turkey on your own. Seek a doctors advice.

148 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 20, 2013 10:38 PM

Review by cornix:

Constantly hungry so gained a lot of weight.

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 13, 2013 5:41 PM

Review by Anne1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

No effect on mood or anxiety, did help with sleep though. Gained 22 lbs over 3 or 4 months, which really made me depressed! Slowly tapered off on my own, am now losing the weight and just started Celexa. Can already feel a difference in anxiety level, am amazed.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2013 8:43 PM

Review by Lynne1955:

I started taking Remeron about 2 weeks ago. I feel better, less depressed, but I am experiencing a different side effect than what is listed. My tongue feels numb and I can't taste anything very well. Everything has the same taste. I called the advice nurse. She talked with the doctor and I was advised to keep taking it until my appointment next week. I am going to wait to see the doctor before I report this to the FDA.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 14, 2013 7:45 PM

Review by Jen4sure777696 (taken for less than 1 month):

I am taking this medicine now and I am happy with it. I felt like a zombie the first few days but today is the start of week two and I am feeling great.

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 19, 2013 11:36 PM

Review by ixzlazuzuixz (taken for less than 1 month):

This medication has worked great for me. I was feeling pretty well with Prozac, but had to switch doses from 20mg to 40mg. The main reason I got off Prozac was because I had NO appetite and lost 17 lbs which, in my case, was a bad thing since I was already skinny and wanted to bulk up. I switched to Remeron, which not only made me feel better mood wise, but increased my appetite and helped me sleep great! It's a 3-in-1 drug for me. It also helped a bit for my anxiety. Only have been taking it for about three weeks so I hope my mood, sleep, anxiety, and appetite stay this way.

September 6, 2013 12:24 AM

Review by eddiekilby (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Thay gave me Remeron in the hospital. I took it for two and half years. It worked wonders for me I have no luck at all with SSRI'S. My doctor told me usually people that have no luck with SSRI'S usually have good luck with tetracyclic antidepressants. The only drawback is I gained 85 Lbs, which needless to say did not help my self image. I'm considering Ludiomil (maprotiline).

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 29, 2013 1:30 PM

Review by Betty gd (taken for less than 1 month):

I have been taking 3 mg 1/2 hour before bed for about a month. The first night I took it I woke up in the middle of the night incredibly thirsty, went to get a drink and lost all coordination. My husband found me whining on the floor, sweating profusely, burning with fever. He had to carry me to bed. By the time he decided to take me to the ER I was cool as a cucumber and sleeping like a baby. I decided to stick with it and try again. (no luck with SSRIs for relief from moderate/severe depression & anxiety and insomnia) I slept the entire next day, took the 30mg pill again and had no similar episode. Very gradually the sleepiness has waned along with symptoms. Am optimistic, though I do need to resist over eating, as have gained 5 lbs.

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 2, 2013 12:06 PM

Review by scarlett88:

I have been prescribed Remeron for about 8 months now and It is a miracle. it not only help me put on weight when I needed to because I have lost so much from all the anxiety it also gave me an amazing night sleep every night yeah it does give you some crazy dreams sometimes and you might gain a few pounds but your quality of life is so much better I was so happy the next day when I woke up I finally felt like I figured it out I say yes to the REMeron CYcle

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 1, 2013 9:16 PM

Review by debbie moats (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Its helped me with sleep and a bit with my depression. Over the years they have upped my dose to 45 milligrams. It hasn't helped me a bit with my anxiety. Actually if you wake up at night your body is asleep and your mind is going. Which makes it hard to walk. This has just started happening to me, so I think I may need to increase to 60 milligrams. I believe 60 is the max. Wondering if I'm building up a tolerance to it. I have been taking this medication for 4 plus years. I was also told that it was an appetite stimulant and it didn't do anything for me there either. This medication did not mess with my head or make me feel groggy in the morning. I would give this medication a chance before all other antidepressants.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2013 10:32 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I have been on Remeron for a little over a year for depression, anxiety and insomnia. It has helped quite a bit in all areas. I have had a bit of weight gain (approx 10 lbs) but it is starting to come off slowly. It is a small price to pay for feeling all around better, especially being able to get a decent nights rest.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2013 8:03 PM