Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Remeron

Learn more about Remeron.

Major Depressive Disorder 4 reviews 44 medications

Depression 79 reviews 75 medications

7.3
Summary of Remeron reviews 83 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Remeron

Review by jeffdotcooper (taken for less than 1 month):

For Major Depressive Disorder: 30 mg. dosage; What to possibly expect based on my experience. Day 1. I was extremely tired & if I let my head hit the pillow, I would experience micro sleep. I felt a little dizzy at times. Be careful around stairs if you suffer from vertigo. Functionality was delayed - my mind was in a cloud & it was difficult to work or concentrate on something that required deep attention. Day2. I felt hungover. Hypersensitive to sounds, meaning that my mind would abnormally jolt to a greater sense of attention to a noise than before. The dizziness remained but at a decreased level. Day 3. Almost normal; just slightly tired.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 3, 2014 6:57 AM

Review by AnonAnonAnon (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Probably the best antidepressant I've taken in terms of overall effect and side effects (minimal side effects). Also, I noted the improvement in days, vs weeks for SSRI/SNRI's. It's not like being hit by a dose of Ritalin but just was a general sense of wanting to get back in the game, feeling ok, but not "locked in" - still have a good range of emotions.

September 16, 2014 2:50 PM

Review by xyz123:

For Major Depressive Disorder: I had been taking Restoril for sleep for several years. I found that my level of depression was worsening over time and I had to take more and more to sleep. Finally, I decided that I needed to get off of the Restoril. My doctor prescribed Remeron. I have been taking it for several weeks now and find that my mood has improved as well as my sleep. I am down to 1/2 of the Restoril I was taking before and hopefully may be able to discontinue it. The only downside of Remeron is that my appetite has increased, which is not good for me. Otherwise, I would have rated this as a 10.

September 16, 2014 7:25 AM

Review by dcubed:

For Anxiety: Have had generalized and social anxiety for as long as I can remember. Was on Klonopin 1.0 to 1.5 mg twice a day (about 15 years) along with propranolol 20 mg twice a day. I decided at the beginning of this year that I was going to try to wean myself off Klonopin as getting a script every month for Klonopin is a pain. I started Remeron 5 months ago at 15mg than 22.5mg and in no time my anxiety level went down. I was also on Vyvanse to counter depression from long term Klonopin which I replaced with Wellbutrin. With Remeron/Wellbutrin combination I am down to 0.5mg twice a day Klonopin which I never dreamed was possible. I plan on going on Lyrica or Neurontin to help wean off Klonopin for good.

August 13, 2014 6:35 PM

Review by muninn42 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I have several issues and was given Remeron along with Seroquel and Tegretol, I take it at night and I sleep now, its pretty amazing but I'm so tired after taking it that I can't keep my eyes open no matter what. In the 3 weeks I have been on it I have gained 3lbs which is awesome for me. I hope the sleepiness dies down some as it is a bit strong for me, but overall this is a great medicine.

August 8, 2014 5:03 PM

Review by steverh (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I was on Remeron for about 2 years before. Helped very very much with my depression. But although I often felt very sleepy near the beginning of the treatment, the massive fatigue eventually subsided to an acceptable level. 20-mins after taking it, I'm ready for bed I can't keep my eyes open no matter what. I just restarted Remeron two days ago, after more than a year being on it. As I type this, I feel fogged over, sort of sleepy, and immensely "munchie". As before when I took it, I'd find myself waking up several times a night going to raid the fridge and cabinets for munchie or sweet foods (and meats! definitely craved meat all the time). So again, on Remeron: eating again, sleeping some, more relaxed, less sad.

July 20, 2014 9:05 AM

Review by Sebbyboy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: My main problem is a pretty bad insomnia / anxiety. I tried several natural products over the last 3 years (melatonine, Valerian root, Tea, GABA, Magnesium etc...) as well as using good sleeping habits. I just couldn't support the lack of sleep anymore (hundreds of night without sleeping in the last year) so my GP prescribed me with Zoplicone & Trazodone. It didn't work and my anxiety went pretty bad. I finally pushed my GP to prescribe Remeron. After one week I regained my sleeping cycle at 15mg. Little to no side effects for me except I feel a bit sleepy until 10AM. Really mild anti-depressant, far from SSRI really bad side & withdrawal effects. Try it without fear.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 5, 2014 10:31 AM

Review by Sill (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Major Depressive Disorder: Excellent and I love that it increases my appetite since I have a hard time eating. Helps calm me so I can sleep.

April 26, 2014 10:41 PM

Review by Mike VT (taken for 10 years or more):

For Depression: No sexual side effects as with SSRI's.

March 21, 2014 2:22 PM

Review by hippy bill:

For Depression: After trying these for about 5 week's had to go back to Dr to change. I felt worse than I'd ever felt in my life I was so angry all the time for no reason, I cried more than I did before medicines for the first time ever I was thinking about suicide. It also gave me a massive appetite gained about ten pounds, which I didn't need so these definitely do not work for me fingers crossed my new ones will.

March 18, 2014 8:58 AM

Review by Little Momma (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Caused restless leg syndrome.

March 12, 2014 6:01 PM

Review by Carmen810 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Love it. Been prescribed it for 3 months. Works great and makes me feel more happier and also improves my sleep

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 12, 2014 12:49 AM

Review by kmllml (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I have been on Remeron since last April. Wonderful!! Nothing else worked..tried everything in the past 4 years. Gained 20 pounds but was so happy to feel better until my blood work showed a high increase in my cholesterol which is stated in info so check yours out. I am now trying Paxil but if does not work will have to go back on Remeron and a Cholesterol pill which I am not happy about but the good out weighs the bad. Anyone else have this problem....

February 1, 2014 10:13 AM

Review by RC11234 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I had been taking Remeron for about 6 months. I am 23 years of age and have had sleep problems my whole life. For 6 months my life was great. Everything seemed just perfect. 2 months ago I decided to stop taking it cold turkey. BAD idea. Within the last month the side effects began to kick in. Extreme anxiety, anger, sleeplessness, overall feeling of worthlessness came upon me. It was absolutely terrible! Today my doctor put me back on the medicine and tonight I'll be taking it again. I am so excited to see what lies ahead. If you take Remeron PLEASE do not quit taking it cold turkey on your own. Seek a doctors advice.

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 20, 2013 10:38 PM

Review by cornix:

For Depression: Constantly hungry so gained a lot of weight.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 13, 2013 5:41 PM

Review by Anne1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: No effect on mood or anxiety, did help with sleep though. Gained 22 lbs over 3 or 4 months, which really made me depressed! Slowly tapered off on my own, am now losing the weight and just started Celexa. Can already feel a difference in anxiety level, am amazed.

October 16, 2013 8:43 PM

Review by Lynne1955:

For Depression: I started taking Remeron about 2 weeks ago. I feel better, less depressed, but I am experiencing a different side effect than what is listed. My tongue feels numb and I can't taste anything very well. Everything has the same taste. I called the advice nurse. She talked with the doctor and I was advised to keep taking it until my appointment next week. I am going to wait to see the doctor before I report this to the FDA.

October 14, 2013 7:45 PM

Review by Jen4sure777696 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I am taking this medicine now and I am happy with it. I felt like a zombie the first few days but today is the start of week two and I am feeling great.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 19, 2013 11:36 PM

Review by ixzlazuzuixz (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: This medication has worked great for me. I was feeling pretty well with Prozac, but had to switch doses from 20mg to 40mg. The main reason I got off Prozac was because I had NO appetite and lost 17 lbs which, in my case, was a bad thing since I was already skinny and wanted to bulk up. I switched to Remeron, which not only made me feel better mood wise, but increased my appetite and helped me sleep great! It's a 3-in-1 drug for me. It also helped a bit for my anxiety. Only have been taking it for about three weeks so I hope my mood, sleep, anxiety, and appetite stay this way.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 6, 2013 12:24 AM

Review by eddiekilby (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: Thay gave me Remeron in the hospital. I took it for two and half years. It worked wonders for me I have no luck at all with SSRI'S. My doctor told me usually people that have no luck with SSRI'S usually have good luck with tetracyclic antidepressants. The only drawback is I gained 85 Lbs, which needless to say did not help my self image. I'm considering Ludiomil (maprotiline).

August 29, 2013 1:30 PM

Review by Betty gd (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I have been taking 3 mg 1/2 hour before bed for about a month. The first night I took it I woke up in the middle of the night incredibly thirsty, went to get a drink and lost all coordination. My husband found me whining on the floor, sweating profusely, burning with fever. He had to carry me to bed. By the time he decided to take me to the ER I was cool as a cucumber and sleeping like a baby. I decided to stick with it and try again. (no luck with SSRIs for relief from moderate/severe depression & anxiety and insomnia) I slept the entire next day, took the 30mg pill again and had no similar episode. Very gradually the sleepiness has waned along with symptoms. Am optimistic, though I do need to resist over eating, as have gained 5 lbs.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 2, 2013 12:06 PM

Review by scarlett88:

For Depression: I have been prescribed Remeron for about 8 months now and It is a miracle. it not only help me put on weight when I needed to because I have lost so much from all the anxiety it also gave me an amazing night sleep every night yeah it does give you some crazy dreams sometimes and you might gain a few pounds but your quality of life is so much better I was so happy the next day when I woke up I finally felt like I figured it out I say yes to the REMeron CYcle

August 1, 2013 9:16 PM

Review by debbie moats (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: Its helped me with sleep and a bit with my depression. Over the years they have upped my dose to 45 milligrams. It hasn't helped me a bit with my anxiety. Actually if you wake up at night your body is asleep and your mind is going. Which makes it hard to walk. This has just started happening to me, so I think I may need to increase to 60 milligrams. I believe 60 is the max. Wondering if I'm building up a tolerance to it. I have been taking this medication for 4 plus years. I was also told that it was an appetite stimulant and it didn't do anything for me there either. This medication did not mess with my head or make me feel groggy in the morning. I would give this medication a chance before all other antidepressants.

July 25, 2013 10:32 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I have been on Remeron for a little over a year for depression, anxiety and insomnia. It has helped quite a bit in all areas. I have had a bit of weight gain (approx 10 lbs) but it is starting to come off slowly. It is a small price to pay for feeling all around better, especially being able to get a decent nights rest.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2013 8:03 PM

Review by ceremebol (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Only been taking Remeron for anxiety, for a week at 15mg. I forgot to take it at night, so my days were a type of groggy I've never experienced before. Strange but not unpleasant. It gives me tremors and cravings, but my anxiety just vanished. I lowered the dose to 7.5mg due to it being strong on the sedative side. I also have depression so I look forward to combating that, now that my anxiety is under control.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 25, 2013 1:39 AM