Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Remeron

Learn more about Remeron.

Depression 86 reviews 75 medications

7.4
Major Depressive Disorder 7 reviews 44 medications

6.7
Summary of Remeron reviews 93 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Remeron

Review by Pops91 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: The first time my doctor prescribed this medication I ate 2 whole large pizzas a family size Lasagna, 2 sandwiches and some desserts all in one sitting. The day after I decided to get off of it. I then realized I couldn't sleep very well and I had some depression which otherwise at the time nothing else was helping me cope with besides my Buspar/Klonopin. Thus I continued my dosage of 15mg (it is true at least for me the lower dosage is higher sedating) of the medication and once I figured out a way of controlling the 1-2 hour boost of what seemed an infinite metabolism. I felt awesome if only for a short while then and immediate beauty sleep followed. Definitely recommend this to anyone with sleep problems.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2015 3:07 AM

Review by Double M (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I'm in recovery from substance abuse for years and this is the first thing that has really worked for me.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2015 11:39 PM

Review by 81Robert93:

For Major Depressive Disorder: I started remeron about 2 months ago. For my severe depression.. And anxiety and severe insomnia.. The first night taking it I slept the best I had In Years! I didn't wake up feeling groggy I actually felt better sleep wise I still felt very depressed and that continued for a few week to the point I tried to commit suicide and then I new I needed help.. The upped my remeron to 45 mg at bedtime I've been on 45 mg for a week and I've noticed a big change I feel normal again.. I give remeron a 10 it improved my life a great deal!!!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 14, 2015 8:13 PM

Review by amoretti:

For Depression: Doctor prescribed me Remeron, I've been taking 15mg for about a month now. I've noticed an increase in hunger and I get great sleep with this medication. However it hasn't helped with my anxiety attacks or depression. I also noticed that I'm becoming more and more forgetful, often find myself staring at nothing in a daze, and hard to articulate what I'm thinking or feeling.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 10, 2015 12:59 PM

Review by dvrs (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Took for the first time last night slept perfect. Did wake up groggy for the first 2 hours, small price to pay. I have been on over ten different meds and this by far works wonders.

April 8, 2015 8:11 AM

Review by cjoy79 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: No matter how much sleep I got, I was constantly tired. I could barely function during the day. And when I was functioning, I wanted to eat EVERYTHING. In 2 months I ended up gaining 15 lbs, which definitely did not help with the depression.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 6, 2015 1:56 PM

Review by marcy630:

For Depression: I've been taking this medication for approximately 3 years now. For all who are upset with the weight gain and sleepiness, it doesn't last forever. I think I gained about 10-15 lbs in my first few months, but I've managed to lose it all. Now I am only sleepy right after I take it (at bedtime) and I wake up feeling rested without the hangover. It's definitely levelled off my depression, and I feel normal. If you can get past the first few weeks, this medication is a life saver. I truly forgot that this medication even has side effects, since I've been on it so long. Also, I tried the SSRI/SNRI route first. On Zoloft, I would've made a great cast member for the Walking Dead. I've never felt more like a zombie. Remeron is the best!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 4, 2015 8:54 PM

Review by boonking12:

For Insomnia: Cannot sleep on Remeron

March 11, 2015 7:47 PM

Review by SmoothSailings:

For Depression: I didn't experience a crazy increase in appetite, however I did gain motivation that I previously didn't have to go to the gym and lift weights which helped me put my weight back on. Side effects for me included slight numbness of the tongue and I feel like I mumble a lot because of that. Side effects do not bother me due to the fact that I feel so much better because of the medicine.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 5, 2015 10:12 PM

Review by NY 50 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Major Depressive Disorder: Have often extremely severe chronic depression/anxiety and Crohn's disease. My Crohn's Disease can give me a great deal of acid reflux so much to where I now have a hiatal hernia. Remeron did wonders for not only my MDD mixed with an SSRI (Prozac, Paxil, Wellbutrin, etc) settled my stomach and helped me sleep a bit better. It doesn't work very well any longer for sleep. I tried getting off it at one point and I went totally mental! It was only initially making me constipated for the first month , but it helps me hang on somehow.

December 3, 2014 10:00 PM

Review by 1McGeo:

I was prescribed 15 mg for acute insomnia and the first night I fell asleep so well, it felt like my eye lids were heavy, then the vivid dream came. This continued for a week, and I was so groggy, had trouble coming out, but it is supposed to work better the longer you take it, and I am sorry I did not use this medicine longer. I am going to get it again and try a full 30 days and see. Looking forward to a nights sleep. Ambien is great, but the side effects are too much for me, but everyone reacts differently to these medicines.

November 22, 2014 2:53 PM

Review by Medic14 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I have suffered from severe disabling anxiety and depression for over a year now. I'm a paramedic, and father of 2 children and it greatly affected by ability to work, or even go to work and also my ability to enjoy my children when I had them. Lost 30-40lbs. After trying every SSRI on the market for 4 weeks and finally developing suicidal thoughts I checked myself in to a hospital. Within 4 days of starting Rememron- depression was completely relieved. Still have anxiety at times, no panic attacks. VERY FEW SIDE EFFECTS. Had sweating the first 2 days, that's it. GREAT MEDICINE FOR ME!!!!!!! I'm eating again and feeling great!

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 8, 2014 2:45 PM

Review by jeffdotcooper (taken for less than 1 month):

For Major Depressive Disorder: 30 mg. dosage; What to possibly expect based on my experience. Day 1. I was extremely tired & if I let my head hit the pillow, I would experience micro sleep. I felt a little dizzy at times. Be careful around stairs if you suffer from vertigo. Functionality was delayed - my mind was in a cloud & it was difficult to work or concentrate on something that required deep attention. Day2. I felt hungover. Hypersensitive to sounds, meaning that my mind would abnormally jolt to a greater sense of attention to a noise than before. The dizziness remained but at a decreased level. Day 3. Almost normal; just slightly tired.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 3, 2014 6:57 AM

Review by AnonAnonAnon (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Probably the best antidepressant I've taken in terms of overall effect and side effects (minimal side effects). Also, I noted the improvement in days, vs weeks for SSRI/SNRI's. It's not like being hit by a dose of Ritalin but just was a general sense of wanting to get back in the game, feeling ok, but not "locked in" - still have a good range of emotions.

152 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 16, 2014 2:50 PM

Review by xyz123:

For Major Depressive Disorder: I had been taking Restoril for sleep for several years. I found that my level of depression was worsening over time and I had to take more and more to sleep. Finally, I decided that I needed to get off of the Restoril. My doctor prescribed Remeron. I have been taking it for several weeks now and find that my mood has improved as well as my sleep. I am down to 1/2 of the Restoril I was taking before and hopefully may be able to discontinue it. The only downside of Remeron is that my appetite has increased, which is not good for me. Otherwise, I would have rated this as a 10.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 16, 2014 7:25 AM

Review by dcubed:

For Anxiety: Have had generalized and social anxiety for as long as I can remember. Was on Klonopin 1.0 to 1.5 mg twice a day (about 15 years) along with propranolol 20 mg twice a day. I decided at the beginning of this year that I was going to try to wean myself off Klonopin as getting a script every month for Klonopin is a pain. I started Remeron 5 months ago at 15mg than 22.5mg and in no time my anxiety level went down. I was also on Vyvanse to counter depression from long term Klonopin which I replaced with Wellbutrin. With Remeron/Wellbutrin combination I am down to 0.5mg twice a day Klonopin which I never dreamed was possible. I plan on going on Lyrica or Neurontin to help wean off Klonopin for good.

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2014 6:35 PM

Review by muninn42 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I have several issues and was given Remeron along with Seroquel and Tegretol, I take it at night and I sleep now, its pretty amazing but I'm so tired after taking it that I can't keep my eyes open no matter what. In the 3 weeks I have been on it I have gained 3lbs which is awesome for me. I hope the sleepiness dies down some as it is a bit strong for me, but overall this is a great medicine.

August 8, 2014 5:03 PM

Review by steverh (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I was on Remeron for about 2 years before. Helped very very much with my depression. But although I often felt very sleepy near the beginning of the treatment, the massive fatigue eventually subsided to an acceptable level. 20-mins after taking it, I'm ready for bed I can't keep my eyes open no matter what. I just restarted Remeron two days ago, after more than a year being on it. As I type this, I feel fogged over, sort of sleepy, and immensely "munchie". As before when I took it, I'd find myself waking up several times a night going to raid the fridge and cabinets for munchie or sweet foods (and meats! definitely craved meat all the time). So again, on Remeron: eating again, sleeping some, more relaxed, less sad.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 20, 2014 9:05 AM

Review by Sebbyboy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: My main problem is a pretty bad insomnia / anxiety. I tried several natural products over the last 3 years (melatonine, Valerian root, Tea, GABA, Magnesium etc...) as well as using good sleeping habits. I just couldn't support the lack of sleep anymore (hundreds of night without sleeping in the last year) so my GP prescribed me with Zoplicone & Trazodone. It didn't work and my anxiety went pretty bad. I finally pushed my GP to prescribe Remeron. After one week I regained my sleeping cycle at 15mg. Little to no side effects for me except I feel a bit sleepy until 10AM. Really mild anti-depressant, far from SSRI really bad side & withdrawal effects. Try it without fear.

174 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 5, 2014 10:31 AM

Review by Sill (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Major Depressive Disorder: Excellent and I love that it increases my appetite since I have a hard time eating. Helps calm me so I can sleep.

April 26, 2014 10:41 PM

Review by Mike VT (taken for 10 years or more):

For Depression: No sexual side effects as with SSRI's.

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 21, 2014 2:22 PM

Review by hippy bill:

For Depression: After trying these for about 5 week's had to go back to Dr to change. I felt worse than I'd ever felt in my life I was so angry all the time for no reason, I cried more than I did before medicines for the first time ever I was thinking about suicide. It also gave me a massive appetite gained about ten pounds, which I didn't need so these definitely do not work for me fingers crossed my new ones will.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 18, 2014 8:58 AM

Review by Little Momma (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Caused restless leg syndrome.

March 12, 2014 6:01 PM

Review by Carmen810 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Love it. Been prescribed it for 3 months. Works great and makes me feel more happier and also improves my sleep

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 12, 2014 12:49 AM

Review by kmllml (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I have been on Remeron since last April. Wonderful!! Nothing else worked..tried everything in the past 4 years. Gained 20 pounds but was so happy to feel better until my blood work showed a high increase in my cholesterol which is stated in info so check yours out. I am now trying Paxil but if does not work will have to go back on Remeron and a Cholesterol pill which I am not happy about but the good out weighs the bad. Anyone else have this problem....

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2014 10:13 AM