User Reviews for Remeron

Learn more about Remeron.

Depression 90 reviews 77 medications

7.4
Major Depressive Disorder 13 reviews 46 medications

6.8
Summary of Remeron reviews 103 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Remeron

For Major Depressive Disorder "My experience with Remeron is short. It worked wonders for me, but I stopped it as it causes awful weight gain. 21 pounds in 4 weeks. I looked pregnant. It made me more depressed. I would just eat. It does something to your brain that makes you feel as though you are never full. At night I would sneak food. I could not stop. I was at 30mg. I've heard 15 mg is worse for weight gain. Also, this drug is also given to elderly patients who are undergoing chemotherapy and also given to people with eating disorders. (Bulimia and anorexia ) As I said. In one respect, it did Wonders for me with anxiety and depression and stopped the voices in my head and helped me sleep. But I couldn't go through gaining any more weight."

Sweeks2222222 January 17, 2016

For Depression "Was awake and knew what I was supposed to be doing but couldn't something simple like putting on a pair of jeans to go to work carry on a conversation during the day,Not good"

Chaychay December 29, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Having failed most SSRI's Remeron was a real surprise. It calmed me, helped me sleep, helped me focus but most importantly had almost no side effects. My appetite went crazy the first week but mellowed out afterwards. I get pretty drowsy about an hour after taking it, so I only take it at bedtime. I had to drop from 45 mg to 30 mg due to it amping me up rather than sedating. Works fine, no tolerance type effects unlike Z-drugs."

muDraconis (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Bad dreams"

gardenofeden November 23, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Just started taking this med again. I've been on more than I can count over the years. The only downfall I've had is the daytime foggy feeling which I'm hoping will subside over time. I've only been taking this less than a week and my depression symptoms have greatly improved as well as I sleep well every night. Appetite has gone up for me as well but not a concern for me at this point. Very happy overall. I will post again in a few weeks to give another update"

faith1981 November 18, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm on my 3rd day of 30 mg for depression and anxiety. The severity has lessened."

Bobby Pec November 2, 2015

For Depression "Was dealing with cancer and was given Remeron for depression. After having surgery for the cancer which was successful I continued with the drug but was having issues with my blood pressure. My BP would drop over 20 points when I stood up and I would lose my breath when walking short distances. All symptoms went away once I quit taking the drug. I would not recommend this drug to anyone as it set my recovery back greatly."

ReadingGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2015

For Depression "Remeron was a wonder drug for me the first month of taking it. First week - felt so happy, was eating like a pig (I'm underweight so that was amazing to see me gain so much in a week) I slept like a baby the first night and all the rest of the time I was on it. I would knock out at like 11 when I'd usually fall asleep at like 4 or 5. then the second month came around.. not sure if it was something else but I started experiencing intrusive thoughts and my OCD started kicking in A LOT. my doc took me off and now I'm spiraling down again. not sure if it was the med.. but this med worked well for awhile!"

BringOnTheRain July 5, 2015

For Depression "I've been taking remeron for a few weeks, doctor prescribed it for major anxiety and sleeplessness, as well as depression. He also thought it would help with weight gain, which I needed. Has helped with everything but the depression. Anxiety has mostly subsided to the point where I'm not paralyzed. Have gained about 5 lbs in the past two weeks, and my sleep is uninterrupted. Was very groggy in the morning at first until 10 or 11 am but that's gotten slightly better over time. Depression has not subsided, considering asking for something else to help with that."

big_p (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "This is perfect for sleep at 7.5 or less. Get to sleep easily, with no worrisome thoughts before bed. I was taking it for depression after a no-go with Prozac. I couldn't handle the fatigue at therapeutic dose and now I use Wellbutrin XL 300 in morning and Remeron 7.5 at bed. I take the wellbutrin at 6am then go back to bed. When I get up at 8, I already have a lift from the Wellbutrin, one cup of coffee and absolutely no fatigue. Happy, less anxious, lost a few pounds and no sexual problems. I love this combination, and don't feel a need to change or add anything. I am curious how a higher dose of Remeron would be now, but I would hate to lose the fabulous sleep effect I get now. I am guaranteed to sleep within 30 mins. Great meds!"

Vinylfind (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 15, 2015

For Depression "The first time my doctor prescribed this medication I ate 2 whole large pizzas a family size Lasagna, 2 sandwiches and some desserts all in one sitting. The day after I decided to get off of it. I then realized I couldn't sleep very well and I had some depression which otherwise at the time nothing else was helping me cope with besides my Buspar/Klonopin. Thus I continued my dosage of 15mg (it is true at least for me the lower dosage is higher sedating) of the medication and once I figured out a way of controlling the 1-2 hour boost of what seemed an infinite metabolism. I felt awesome if only for a short while then and immediate beauty sleep followed. Definitely recommend this to anyone with sleep problems."

Pops91 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2015

For Depression "I'm in recovery from substance abuse for years and this is the first thing that has really worked for me."

Double M (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started remeron about 2 months ago. For my severe depression.. And anxiety and severe insomnia.. The first night taking it I slept the best I had In Years! I didn't wake up feeling groggy I actually felt better sleep wise I still felt very depressed and that continued for a few week to the point I tried to commit suicide and then I new I needed help.. The upped my remeron to 45 mg at bedtime I've been on 45 mg for a week and I've noticed a big change I feel normal again.. I give remeron a 10 it improved my life a great deal!!!"

81Robert93 April 14, 2015

For Depression "Doctor prescribed me Remeron, I've been taking 15mg for about a month now. I've noticed an increase in hunger and I get great sleep with this medication. However it hasn't helped with my anxiety attacks or depression. I also noticed that I'm becoming more and more forgetful, often find myself staring at nothing in a daze, and hard to articulate what I'm thinking or feeling."

amoretti April 10, 2015

For Depression "Took for the first time last night slept perfect. Did wake up groggy for the first 2 hours, small price to pay. I have been on over ten different meds and this by far works wonders."

dvrs (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "No matter how much sleep I got, I was constantly tired. I could barely function during the day. And when I was functioning, I wanted to eat EVERYTHING. In 2 months I ended up gaining 15 lbs, which definitely did not help with the depression."

cjoy79 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2015

For Depression "I've been taking this medication for approximately 3 years now. For all who are upset with the weight gain and sleepiness, it doesn't last forever. I think I gained about 10-15 lbs in my first few months, but I've managed to lose it all. Now I am only sleepy right after I take it (at bedtime) and I wake up feeling rested without the hangover. It's definitely levelled off my depression, and I feel normal. If you can get past the first few weeks, this medication is a life saver. I truly forgot that this medication even has side effects, since I've been on it so long. Also, I tried the SSRI/SNRI route first. On Zoloft, I would've made a great cast member for the Walking Dead. I've never felt more like a zombie. Remeron is the best!"

marcy630 April 4, 2015

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Insomnia "Cannot sleep on Remeron"

boonking12 March 11, 2015

For Depression "I didn't experience a crazy increase in appetite, however I did gain motivation that I previously didn't have to go to the gym and lift weights which helped me put my weight back on. Side effects for me included slight numbness of the tongue and I feel like I mumble a lot because of that. Side effects do not bother me due to the fact that I feel so much better because of the medicine."

SmoothSailings January 5, 2015

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Have often extremely severe chronic depression/anxiety and Crohn's disease. My Crohn's Disease can give me a great deal of acid reflux so much to where I now have a hiatal hernia. Remeron did wonders for not only my MDD mixed with an SSRI (Prozac, Paxil, Wellbutrin, etc) settled my stomach and helped me sleep a bit better. It doesn't work very well any longer for sleep. I tried getting off it at one point and I went totally mental! It was only initially making me constipated for the first month , but it helps me hang on somehow."

NY 50 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 3, 2014

"I was prescribed 15 mg for acute insomnia and the first night I fell asleep so well, it felt like my eye lids were heavy, then the vivid dream came. This continued for a week, and I was so groggy, had trouble coming out, but it is supposed to work better the longer you take it, and I am sorry I did not use this medicine longer. I am going to get it again and try a full 30 days and see. Looking forward to a nights sleep. Ambien is great, but the side effects are too much for me, but everyone reacts differently to these medicines."

1McGeo November 22, 2014

For Depression "I have suffered from severe disabling anxiety and depression for over a year now. I'm a paramedic, and father of 2 children and it greatly affected by ability to work, or even go to work and also my ability to enjoy my children when I had them. Lost 30-40lbs. After trying every SSRI on the market for 4 weeks and finally developing suicidal thoughts I checked myself in to a hospital. Within 4 days of starting Rememron- depression was completely relieved. Still have anxiety at times, no panic attacks. VERY FEW SIDE EFFECTS. Had sweating the first 2 days, that's it. GREAT MEDICINE FOR ME!!!!!!! I'm eating again and feeling great!"

Medic14 (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2014

171 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "30 mg. dosage; What to possibly expect based on my experience. Day 1. I was extremely tired & if I let my head hit the pillow, I would experience micro sleep. I felt a little dizzy at times. Be careful around stairs if you suffer from vertigo. Functionality was delayed - my mind was in a cloud & it was difficult to work or concentrate on something that required deep attention. Day2. I felt hungover. Hypersensitive to sounds, meaning that my mind would abnormally jolt to a greater sense of attention to a noise than before. The dizziness remained but at a decreased level. Day 3. Almost normal; just slightly tired."

jeffdotcooper (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2014

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Probably the best antidepressant I've taken in terms of overall effect and side effects (minimal side effects). Also, I noted the improvement in days, vs weeks for SSRI/SNRI's. It's not like being hit by a dose of Ritalin but just was a general sense of wanting to get back in the game, feeling ok, but not "locked in" - still have a good range of emotions."

AnonAnonAnon (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2014

180 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I had been taking Restoril for sleep for several years. I found that my level of depression was worsening over time and I had to take more and more to sleep. Finally, I decided that I needed to get off of the Restoril. My doctor prescribed Remeron. I have been taking it for several weeks now and find that my mood has improved as well as my sleep. I am down to 1/2 of the Restoril I was taking before and hopefully may be able to discontinue it. The only downside of Remeron is that my appetite has increased, which is not good for me. Otherwise, I would have rated this as a 10."

xyz123 September 16, 2014

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next