User Reviews for Remeron

Learn more about Remeron.

Depression 76 reviews 75 medications

7.4
Major Depressive Disorder 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Remeron reviews 76 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Remeron

Review by Mike VT (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: No sexual side effects as with SSRI's.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 21, 2014 2:22 PM
Review by hippy bill: User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: After trying these for about 5 week's had to go back to Dr to change. I felt worse than I'd ever felt in my life I was so angry all the time for no reason, I cried more than I did before medicines for the first time ever I was thinking about suicide. It also gave me a massive appetite gained about ten pounds, which I didn't need so these definitely do not work for me fingers crossed my new ones will.

March 18, 2014 8:58 AM
Review by Little Momma (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: Caused restless leg syndrome.

March 12, 2014 6:01 PM
Review by Carmen810 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: Love it. Been prescribed it for 3 months. Works great and makes me feel more happier and also improves my sleep

February 12, 2014 12:49 AM
Review by kmllml (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: I have been on Remeron since last April. Wonderful!! Nothing else worked..tried everything in the past 4 years. Gained 20 pounds but was so happy to feel better until my blood work showed a high increase in my cholesterol which is stated in info so check yours out. I am now trying Paxil but if does not work will have to go back on Remeron and a Cholesterol pill which I am not happy about but the good out weighs the bad. Anyone else have this problem....

February 1, 2014 10:13 AM
Review by RC11234 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: I had been taking Remeron for about 6 months. I am 23 years of age and have had sleep problems my whole life. For 6 months my life was great. Everything seemed just perfect. 2 months ago I decided to stop taking it cold turkey. BAD idea. Within the last month the side effects began to kick in. Extreme anxiety, anger, sleeplessness, overall feeling of worthlessness came upon me. It was absolutely terrible! Today my doctor put me back on the medicine and tonight I'll be taking it again. I am so excited to see what lies ahead. If you take Remeron PLEASE do not quit taking it cold turkey on your own. Seek a doctors advice.

December 20, 2013 10:38 PM
Review by cornix: User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: Constantly hungry so gained a lot of weight.

December 13, 2013 5:41 PM
Review by Anne1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: No effect on mood or anxiety, did help with sleep though. Gained 22 lbs over 3 or 4 months, which really made me depressed! Slowly tapered off on my own, am now losing the weight and just started Celexa. Can already feel a difference in anxiety level, am amazed.

October 16, 2013 8:43 PM
Review by Lynne1955: User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: I started taking Remeron about 2 weeks ago. I feel better, less depressed, but I am experiencing a different side effect than what is listed. My tongue feels numb and I can't taste anything very well. Everything has the same taste. I called the advice nurse. She talked with the doctor and I was advised to keep taking it until my appointment next week. I am going to wait to see the doctor before I report this to the FDA.

October 14, 2013 7:45 PM
Review by Jen4sure777696 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: I am taking this medicine now and I am happy with it. I felt like a zombie the first few days but today is the start of week two and I am feeling great.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 19, 2013 11:36 PM
Review by ixzlazuzuixz (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: This medication has worked great for me. I was feeling pretty well with Prozac, but had to switch doses from 20mg to 40mg. The main reason I got off Prozac was because I had NO appetite and lost 17 lbs which, in my case, was a bad thing since I was already skinny and wanted to bulk up. I switched to Remeron, which not only made me feel better mood wise, but increased my appetite and helped me sleep great! It's a 3-in-1 drug for me. It also helped a bit for my anxiety. Only have been taking it for about three weeks so I hope my mood, sleep, anxiety, and appetite stay this way.

September 6, 2013 12:24 AM
Review by eddiekilby (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: Thay gave me Remeron in the hospital. I took it for two and half years. It worked wonders for me I have no luck at all with SSRI'S. My doctor told me usually people that have no luck with SSRI'S usually have good luck with tetracyclic antidepressants. The only drawback is I gained 85 Lbs, which needless to say did not help my self image. I'm considering Ludiomil (maprotiline).

August 29, 2013 1:30 PM
Review by Betty gd (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: I have been taking 3 mg 1/2 hour before bed for about a month. The first night I took it I woke up in the middle of the night incredibly thirsty, went to get a drink and lost all coordination. My husband found me whining on the floor, sweating profusely, burning with fever. He had to carry me to bed. By the time he decided to take me to the ER I was cool as a cucumber and sleeping like a baby. I decided to stick with it and try again. (no luck with SSRIs for relief from moderate/severe depression & anxiety and insomnia) I slept the entire next day, took the 30mg pill again and had no similar episode. Very gradually the sleepiness has waned along with symptoms. Am optimistic, though I do need to resist over eating, as have gained 5 lbs.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 2, 2013 12:06 PM
Review by scarlett88: User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: I have been prescribed Remeron for about 8 months now and It is a miracle. it not only help me put on weight when I needed to because I have lost so much from all the anxiety it also gave me an amazing night sleep every night yeah it does give you some crazy dreams sometimes and you might gain a few pounds but your quality of life is so much better I was so happy the next day when I woke up I finally felt like I figured it out I say yes to the REMeron CYcle

August 1, 2013 9:16 PM
Review by debbie moats (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: Its helped me with sleep and a bit with my depression. Over the years they have upped my dose to 45 milligrams. It hasn't helped me a bit with my anxiety. Actually if you wake up at night your body is asleep and your mind is going. Which makes it hard to walk. This has just started happening to me, so I think I may need to increase to 60 milligrams. I believe 60 is the max. Wondering if I'm building up a tolerance to it. I have been taking this medication for 4 plus years. I was also told that it was an appetite stimulant and it didn't do anything for me there either. This medication did not mess with my head or make me feel groggy in the morning. I would give this medication a chance before all other antidepressants.

July 25, 2013 10:32 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: I have been on Remeron for a little over a year for depression, anxiety and insomnia. It has helped quite a bit in all areas. I have had a bit of weight gain (approx 10 lbs) but it is starting to come off slowly. It is a small price to pay for feeling all around better, especially being able to get a decent nights rest.

July 24, 2013 8:03 PM
Review by ceremebol (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: Only been taking Remeron for anxiety, for a week at 15mg. I forgot to take it at night, so my days were a type of groggy I've never experienced before. Strange but not unpleasant. It gives me tremors and cravings, but my anxiety just vanished. I lowered the dose to 7.5mg due to it being strong on the sedative side. I also have depression so I look forward to combating that, now that my anxiety is under control.

June 25, 2013 1:39 AM
Review by Gorillafuzz: User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: I'm a 43 year old woman and I've been on 30mg Remeron for over 10 years now, it was prescribed for major depression and generalized anxiety disorder. I was NOT sleeping at all, when I first started taking it I was a walking zombi for about 2-3 months (got some much needed sleep) however after that it's like someone opened a window in a dark room. I was feeling 80% normal (prior to taking it I was in the negative) I'll take 80% any day. You should take it an hour or so before bed time because it has a huge sedative effect and take care in the beginning because its potent to begin with. It takes time for it to start really working so don't be put off by the zombi state, it does go away.

122 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 19, 2013 1:52 PM
Review by samahine (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Insomnia: I have been on Remeron for 3.5 years. I started out on 15 mg and now currently on 30mg. I have tried every sleep medication available. This is by far the best medication I have ever been on for sleep. Yes I get the ravenous hunger and it takes about 2 hours to make me sleepy. An hour after I take it is when the hunger kicks in and I eat for the entire day before bed. I have gained about 30 lbs over the time being on it, but it has now tapered off, I hope! However, for me, sleep is so important, so it's a matter of what's more important, the perfect body or being so tired and depressed due to lack of sleep. If you start watching what you eat prior to bed, which I do now and wish I knew or realized this early on, you can help keep the weight.

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 13, 2013 7:56 PM
Review by Kimi B.: User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: I have ADHD, OCD, and depression. The moment I took this medication my intrusive thoughts from OCD went away. I am no longer depressed, even when life should be getting me down. Everything seems bearable. I just feel like things are okay, I can make it. I've never felt like this before, really. Most of the time I get overwhelmed with life but I think this medication has pulled me out of the dark hole I was in before. It does make me very hungry and sleepy, I take it in the evenings. It's hard to get up in the morning but coffee fixes that for me. I don't recommend this to someone who can not control their eating habits and gains weight easily.

146 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 17, 2013 9:11 AM
Review by ralphs123 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: I started at Remeron 15mg per day. I started to feel somewhat better at two weeks. Went to 30mg at that point. At 30mg for one week or so, felt appreciably better. I've gained a few pounds (about 4) so that's not too bad. Did not help with sleep. Plagued by insomnia for 3-4 days after starting and/or changing dose. A bit of muddied thinking for a few days after changing dosage. I have severe MDD. I think Remeron will really help. Off to a good start. I especially appreciate the lack of sexual side effects.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 24, 2012 2:31 PM
Review by mquincy89 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: Mirtazapine has helped me on more than one occasion. I've cycled through the gamut of antidepressants including but not limited to: Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, etc., but nothing really worked until Remeron. Thought I was okay to stop all medicines a year ago and did fine for awhile but now feeling awful again; depressed and underweight. Renewed my script today and taking my first dose of R.E.M.eron tonight. Bring on the munchies! I just love a donut.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 19, 2012 12:15 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Depression: Took Remeron/mirtazapine few years ago for about one week & gained about 15 (unwanted pounds). I just ate and slept so I stopped after a week! Was taking it first thing in the morning at the time but this doc said take at night. I need the appetite stimulation now so I'm prescribed it again. Don't know if I could handle the ravenous, uncontrollable appetite it gives though and don't remember the effect on my depression as I was too consumed with eating.

December 16, 2012 1:36 PM
Review by Medical Tech (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine): I was having a very hard time with the anxiety of thinking something was wrong with my heart (which turned out to be nothing), when I was put on Remeron. I had virtually stopped eating, and just felt very anxious and not myself. It helped a good bit with the anxiety, but it turbo charged my appetite. Would not recommend this to anyone who is overweight, but it's great for anxiety sufferers who lose their appetite when they get anxious. It does make you very sleepy the first week or so you take it, so I would take it before bed. I didn't notice any sexual side effects though, which was another big selling point. The sedation seems stronger at lower doses, and I had some bizarre dreams at lower doses as well.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 27, 2012 2:28 AM
Review by glad I'm off (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Remeron (mirtazapine) for Anxiety: Remeron worked for me for maybe a month or so, but I then began becoming very angry and full of rage for very little reason, if any! I had expressed my feelings with my Dr. and he said he was not really familiar with these side effects. After a few weeks, I realized I should google these feelings and wow. Exactly the same feelings I was going through.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 16, 2012 10:56 AM