Medication Guide App

8.4
Summary of Suprep reviews 147 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Suprep

Review by RoccoBigT:

For Bowel Preparation: Tastes like bad cough medicine but doable...very effective at eliminating whatever is in its way. Be prepared to play games or watch Netflix on the toilet for 8 hrs and use two rolls of paper....I am writing this while still going!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 24, 2015 4:18 AM

Review by no nicknane (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: No problem at all tastes watered down cough syrup.Get it cold 1st and don't stop drinking until its gone be by the toilet in about 10 min after drinking the prep and drink lots of water.Its all over in about 2hrs

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2015 10:59 AM

Review by Jdb1225 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: Pretty Easy. Taste is meh, but nothing I would worry about. Just bang it back and stay with in 25 feet of a toilet at all times.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 19, 2015 4:47 PM

Review by Photonic Blast:

For Bowel Preparation: Taste wasn't nearly as bad as past treatments. I just gulped it down and chased it with one of the two 16 oz water chasers. Started working 15 minutes later- so far, three visits to the bathroom of 10-15 min each, and I'm 90 minutes into it. Seems like it's working as intended....thus far, nothing more than a noisy stomach and I'm a bit chilled.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2015 8:05 PM

Review by Crystal7474:

For Bowel Preparation: I am not through the process, so forgive me for weighing in so soon, but I found warmer water easier to get down after the first Suprep. A little lemon, too.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2015 3:20 PM

Review by SD5:

For Bowel Preparation: Night before procedure: Tasted fine, like candy. It took 4.5 hours to work. Morning of procedure: Not such a good taste the second time, but not repulsive either. Took 2.5 hours to work.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 9, 2015 8:21 AM

Review by grumpy1014:

For Bowel Preparation: I have a colostomy and this stuff filled my bag completely in an hour. I hate the taste and really having a hard time drinking the water after. I'm small and don't have that much room.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 26, 2015 10:53 PM

Review by Brumom:

For Bowel Preparation: I really dreaded this stuff. I am a wimp when it comes to eating and drinking. This stuff wasn't bad at all. I chilled it for a couple days then iced the water first. I extracted the ice and added the Suprep. It didn't even taste that bad. Kinda like a salty Koolaid. Just imagine your five year old made it, and drink it down. No problem. Started to work in about 30 minutes. No cramping, no nausea, not even uncomfortable. The worst part so far is the day without real food. Hoping tomorrow goes as well!

February 23, 2015 5:55 PM

Review by MiMomMeds:

For Bowel Preparation: This is my 6th bowel prep & the worst tasting ever. It did the job. I'm 2 hours post first round. My butt is on fire, I'm weak, & freezing. Had my husband stop & get me some Miralax & Gatorade for my morning round. No way am I even attempting to drink another sip. I gagged the first one down, barely. I will refuse this prep. I have Crohn's & scopes are pretty regular.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2015 7:55 PM

Review by Sixtyseven:

For Bowel Preparation: This was much better than 12 years ago. Suprep seemed to work almost immediately for me, and I just parked on the toilet with my iPad! The taste wasn't that bad and the benefits outweigh this prep thing!

February 4, 2015 7:29 PM

Review by Medicine Chicken (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bowel Preparation: As a general rule I don't like liquid medicines, however I did find a few tricks I have read on the internet worked quite well for me and maybe for some other people with issues. I found that putting the prep bottles in the fridge for about 12-24 hours before use so as to make the solution as cold as possible makes it taste less like medicine. I also found that reconstituting the Suprep with ginger ale instead of tap water helps to get the prep down much easier. Also use a straw so that you can shoot the medicine as far back in your throat as possible to avoid as much as possible certainly helps.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 2, 2015 10:48 PM

Review by It's done:

For Bowel Preparation: Certainly easier than the prep I used 10 years ago. I started prep at 4:00 pm and was still "responding" at midnight. Second dose taken at 5:45 am and was much easier than night before. Elimination was clear by 8:00 am. No nausea, cramping,?just chills.

January 27, 2015 4:36 PM

For Bowel Preparation: Like previous posters, I had focused on negative reviews and was terrified as this was my first prep. At 3pm I took my first dose. I mixed my prep with cold water and refrigerated before taking. I had read the lemon slice trick a few times, so had some on hand. I took it down in three large gulps and didn't have any problems. I drank the next 32 ounces of water with ease. About 30 minutes later was my first movement. That dose had me in and out of the bathroom for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. The second dose I repeated at 11pm, same exact thing. I was able to sleep from 1:30am until leaving the house at 6:30am. I worried for nothing. All finished and results were just fine!

January 26, 2015 10:56 AM

Review by Peteo (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: Cannot emphasize this enough, I am a hypochondriac and love to worry so naturally I only focused on the less than favorable reviews. Well let me tell you, don't worry. Tastes a LOT like BC powder chased by a cherry coke. Yucky but over quick and at least to me no where near as bad as some described. Actually the worst part was drinking so much water. Made me burp a bunch and feel bloated somewhat. Since I was hungry from only drinking liquids this was not completely unwelcome. Felt chilled for a little bit but I think this was more from being so nervous. Took an hour to kick in and since then has been doing its job. No cramping, just lots of "I gotta go". If this is the worst then this will be about the easiest procedure ever.

January 22, 2015 6:42 PM

For Bowel Preparation: This is the easiest by far. Do not worry, easy tasting (comparatively), worked just like everyone said it would, no worries, no cramps, no nausea. And I am the biggest chicken.I will never fear colon prep again.

January 21, 2015 11:47 PM

Review by Crm4785543222222WTF:

For Bowel Preparation: Doesn't taste great but it's not that bad - trust me, compared to Golytely this stuff is like fine wine. Good part is that there isn't much of it. Other preps make you drink like a gallon of horrid stuff.

January 19, 2015 9:07 PM

Review by scbelts (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: 3 colonoscopy -this prep was actually a very good experience. The only reason I did not give it a 10 was that the prep is nasty-tasting, but not horrific.First dose worked in less than 30 min and after about 4 trips to toilet I was done. Chills but no cramps. That cleaned me out so second dose at 5 am was easier. Hydrated (gatorade) and low fiber diet the week before helped,

January 19, 2015 2:02 PM

Review by Calilee28:

For Bowel Preparation: It's not as bad as the reviews I had read. I was really nervous and didn't know what to expect, so I came on here to get an idea if what I was getting into. I have chronic severe food allergies. This product began to work smoothly within the hour. I used Oragel on my lips and drank completely down using two straws. Did not taste bad at all. I promptly drank two 16 ounces of water. I did get a little queasy a couple times and just chewed on ginger candy and was fine. I'm a wuss about everything, but I have to tell you this was smooth compared to what I suffer with a food allergy bout of diaherra. This did not cause any cramping or bad stomach pains.

January 17, 2015 5:45 PM

Review by Tangobabe:

For Bowel Preparation: I just completed my bowel prep prior to my colonoscopy yesterday. I am thankful for a couple of tips from this site: low fiber diet for a few days before procedure; only liquids the day before; chilled water to dilute Suprep; and use of a thick straw to drink Suprep. All these were very helpful. I was afraid of nausea so I made a batch of ginger syrup the day before (4 oz peeled sliced ginger, 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar and vanilla bean boiled for 30 mins. Strain and add joice of half a lime.) I had a spoonful and then started drinking. Then another spoonful and kept drinking. The ginger flavor is quite strong (you have to love ginger) and persists during the swallowing of Suprep. I got it down in 10 mins both times. Also wear Depends.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 17, 2015 10:06 AM

Review by constance paited:

For Bowel Preparation: I thought it was going to work immediately but took a good hour. Hour mild cramping and diarrhea for 45min. Thought I was done and could go watch the bachelor. I got 5 min into the show and almost didn't make it back to the bathroom. 15 min waiting for diarrhea to stop. Finally I can go watch the bachelor. 20 min into show and it hits again. 10 more minutes of diarrhea and finally done. It was not as bad as everyone was saying. Now for my morning prep

January 13, 2015 5:24 AM

Review by Macky 71:

For Bowel Preparation: My doctor had me take Suprep the day before the procedure. The first dose was at 7am and the next at 4 pm. No food allowed, just clear liquids and jello. The first dose and water I drank too fast and projectile vomited. Had enough in my system to have it work within ten minutes after. Took second dose at 4 pm and worked within five minutes. Tastes awful but much better than the gallon jugs of other medicine that used to be prescribed years ago. Second dose went a lot better, but if you have a sensitive stomach drink this as slow as you are allowed.

January 6, 2015 3:54 PM

Review by Anxietypron (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: Not bad at all considering all the bad things I'd heard about the prep I'm more nervous about the colonoscopy. The mud butt last about 4 hours only thing I really noticed was a loud stomach

December 31, 2014 11:06 AM

Review by Danniele (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: Tomorrow will be my 3rd colonoscopy in a 2 year period. I have never done a liquid prep before. I took 2 Dulcolax, then about 2 and 1/2 hours later, I went into the bathroom with the Suprep mix. To me, the taste was dreadful. I had to gulp it down and chase it with some clear juice. I had it all gone on less than a minute. It worked very quick. Within 5-10 minutes of taking it. No pain at all. But I have a feeling I may be on the toilet all night. My bottom is very sore as well, but that is to be expected. I have been going roughly every 10 minutes for the last 7 hours. All in all, this does its job pretty effectively!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 29, 2014 10:56 PM

Review by ricky dicicco (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: I drank the prep down in 4 gulps followed immediately by 2 16oz glasses of water. The water helped clear the taste away. The taste is sickly sweet with a strong bitter after taste - but not even close to making me gag or anything. It took 1.5 hours before my first trip to the bathroom. After that I went about 4-5 more times. Next morning I took the second dose. This time it kicked in quicker - about 45 mins. Colonoscopy itself was no big deal because you're anethestized and don't remember or feel anything when it's done. My colon was clean. I had the colonoscopy because I turned 50 and last year a good friend was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer - he's in remission but took a real beating with the surgery & chemo.

December 29, 2014 10:51 PM

Review by GOTTA GO (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: IF YOU WANT TO AVOID NAUSEA, HAVE YOUR DOCTOR TO PRESCRIBE A TABLET THAT YOU WILL TAKE 20 MINS PRIOR TO STARTING THE SUPREP%u2026IT WORKS WONDERS.

December 28, 2014 6:52 PM

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

More about Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Other formulations