User Reviews for Suprep

Bowel Preparation 275 reviews 114 medications

8.2
Summary of Suprep reviews 275 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Suprep

For Bowel Preparation "I have had to have many colonscopies due to UC and this is by farrrrrr the worst tasting one yet. Nothing helped kill the taste except for tablespoons of brown sugar. However it did work really well. I found the second bottle worked faster and cleaned me out."

Tee tee February 8, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Well I just took the first dose and diluted a lot. Called doc cause I could not take the taste thought I was going to vomit but didn't sure hope it works soon."

Belovedtyu January 28, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I was very grateful to read everyone's feedback, as it helped alleviate some of my concerns. I took my first prep at 5:00 pm after an all day liquid diet ( no prep prior to day one and a very regular food rich week with a heavy dinner day before prep) The taste was not great, but not terrible. Tasted sweet and a bit like cough medicine. I pinched my nose and drank the mixture in about 2 minutes, followed by the 2 cups of water within the next 20 minutes. I had absolutely no movement until 5:00am the following morning. Light rumblings, but no cramps. Was on and off the toilet till 7:30. At 8:00 am I had my 2nd dose. Tasted much worse than the first. More salty. I got it down fast followed by 2 cups of water and apple juice. Worked immediately"

First timer girl (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Took prep kit as recommended. While mixture is not the best tastin, it is at least drinkable. Followed the prep with 32oz of water within 15 mins of finishing drinking the prep solution. Bowel movement began within 15-20 mins of completing both preps and lasted for about 1.5-2hrs."

Anonymous January 27, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I used Suprep for the first time on my third colonoscopy and this was by far the easiest, most predictable prep I've had. Unfortunately, I was prescribed the Golytely for my first two and had the exact opposite experience. With Suprep there was no difficulty swallowing, no nausea/dry heaving, no delayed effect. Although the taste isn't desirable, it by no means is awful. I chilled the first bottle for 30 minutes before mixing it with water and chugging it down. About an hour later and after I finished the extra water, it was flowing well. My colonoscopy is at 1:00 today and I was up early to finish, following what I did the night before. The bowel movement is mostly clear now and I'm expecting a good result this afternoon."

Scottsburgh January 25, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I followed the instructions my Dr. gave me, chilled the supred mixed with ice cold water and 2 ounces of lemon concentrate and drank it all down with no problem! I think the lemon concentrate helped by cutting the sweet taste so many people complained about. Started at 6 pm and finished going to the bathroom about 10 and went to bed at my usual time! Got up at 5, took second dose and that went a lot faster! Was at Drs office for 9:30 and was on my way home by 12! Honestly this was not the horrible experience so many people here have described. Dr found 3 polyps which he removed and told me they looked fine but will know for sure when the biopsy comes back. My reason for having this done? My father is in stage 4 of colon cancer !"

Ceegee597 January 19, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This stuff was great. I mixed it with 16 ounces of Jack Daniels and let the fun begin. No seriously this stuff did not taste bad at all. Just drink it down and do the old trick of not stopping and do not breath through you nose while drinking it."

Slow Swill (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This medication should be outlawed for its horrible taste!!! I couldn't finish it all. And FYI for those of you worrying about SuPrep not working...my doctor said some people have no results until after the second cup!"

RheaHutch January 18, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This is my second colonoscopy. First one was 2 years ago, it wasn't suprep - it was horrible that I was not totally cleaned out. This time I had suprep. Not bad because I read the reviews first before going into it. I am 56, 4'10. The very cold water helped a lot - so with the lemon. I didn't drink the 16 oz at once. I did 4 oz every 15 minutes. That was easy - and it did its job. The second dose I started to gag, but luckily, didn't throw up. When it became harder for me, I did 2 oz every 10 minutes. The last 4 oz I didn't drink because I was thoroughly cleaned out - poop (sorry!) looked like pee - yellowish. During colonoscopy (1/15), doc said I was very clean (yay!). She did find 2 flat polyps and I will see her in 2 weeks"

Gracielle (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This was horrible. I have used other preps before but this was terrible. I threw up and was nauseated for 12 hours. Migraine headache. Couldn't sit or walk. I will never do this prep again. I'm telling everyone I know to try something else"

Terrible time (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Not sure what kind of strange, weird people could ever think this crap taste good or like grape koolaid. This does smell like grape koolaid, however, in trying desperately to drink this horrid liquid down, I almost threw up several times. By far, the absolute worst stuff I have ever tasted in my entire life and I've been all over the world and tried some pretty bad foods and drinks. Again, absolutely horrid! And within 30 minutes, I got severe cramping that would not go away even after going to the bathroom several times."

PaulMJ January 11, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I took this for my first and only colonoscopy that I've had. I struggled drinking the first dose but it worked within 30 minutes and after a few trips over the next 90 minutes I was able to get a good night's sleep. TIP: put the bottles in the fridge and get them cold before diluting with more cold water. It makes the "oily" texture much easier to swallow. I was able to gulp down the morning dose and followed up with a few sips of apple juice to cover the taste. It really wasn't as bad as the nightmares of bowel prep that I'd heard before."

LB23 January 6, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This is my 3rd colonoscopy. I've done golightly in the past. This is my first time with Suprep. I don't like drinking water, so this is always very difficult for me. So far I've made it through the 1st bottle, but dreading drinking the next one in a few hours. I found the taste just awful and had to chase it with white grape juice. I wish someone would develop a prep that didn't taste so badly."

jo-elle January 4, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "FOLKS, NOT NEARLY AS BAD AS MANY SAY IT IS. Yes, I had to shout that first sentence. With trepidation, after reading many of the reviews on here that claimed the Suprep was the most foul liquid they had ever consumed, I mixed the 6 oz. liquid with 10 oz. of cold tap water. I tentatively sipped it and, upon learning that it tasted like weak, slightly salty grape Koolaid, I was able to down the substance in two 8 oz, measures. Either I have a stronger tolerance than many here, or they just exaggerate a wee bit, it just wasn't bad at all. I think the worst part was trying to drink the following quart of water in the next hour.I had a bloated, waterlogged feeling in my gut, but other than that it was a walk in the park. Got cleaned out quickly."

Citizen Maximus (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I took my cherry suprep with Coke like the nurse told me to. It was disgusting but I got it down. It started working about 35-45 mins and lasted until 12 am. I was able to sleep a little bit. I took my second prep at 5am and started going in about 15 mins and it's 9:30 now and I'm still going in intervals. My appointment is at 12:30 so I'm hoping I will be done by then. My biggest advice I can give is get an ointment for you butt because rawness was the worst part of the prep."

Scaredofpooping December 30, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Result: * Examining physician remarked at clarity of examination conditions Taste: * Not great, but comparable to cough syrup - tolerable * By reference, I have paid good money (in my younger day) to drink more than a few shots of whiskey that were much tougher to swallow than this stuff.......... Experience post ingestion: * Began expelling within 20 minutes * Continued expelling roughly every hour to hour and a half through the night * Limited rest over night due to frequent expulsion, but for the positive results (see above), absolutely a tolerable down side tolerate Conclusion: * Med was effective at delivering intended result in my case and well worth the noted challenges above to get the desired outcome."

BW1 December 29, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "The worst part about this was the taste of the medicine itself- I thought it was awful. I only got through the two doses by having lemons on hand to suck on between sips. If you can get through that part, the rest is easy. For me it worked 15-20 mins after I finished taking each dose, and it wasn't nearly as unpleasant as I'd expected. Eat lightly in the days leading up to your prep and you should be fine. Looking forward to a cheeseburger or tacos or any kind of solid food after the procedure is done tomorrow! :)"

InOrlando December 21, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "This is a big step up from golytely, the taste is better and even better yet only 2 small bottles not 1 gal."

emerbird (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I sweated having to do this due to my husband's procedure 2 years ago and for what I had heard. All in all not bad. The Suprep was pretty bad tasting. Sickenly sweet but not as bad as I had anticipated. The stuff my husband used just 2 years ago was much worse tasting and much more volume. I do admit that I didn't dilute the stuff to a full 16oz. I just chugged it down with a water chaser (to equal 16oz total) and then drank the required 2-16 oz bottles of water almost immediately. The first dose took about an hour and 15 minutes to work. There was a definite feeling to go but I had pleanty of time to make it to the toilet. About 30 minutes later the majority of it was done and I felt comfortable leaving the bathroom."

madvad (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Tomorrow is my 3rd colonoscopy. The first 2 times, my doctor complained that I was not cleaned out enough. I was determined to get it done this time. The procedure is scheduled for Tuesday(tomorrow). I began a clear liquid regime on Saturday. On Sunday, I did the Mirolax/Gatorade prep. The Mirolax is tasteless in the Gatorade so nasty taste was not a problem but I don't think I'll ever be able to drink Gatorade again. Drinking 8 oz. every 15 min. was difficult but it really worked. I went to the bathroom beginning 1 hour after I drank and went from 4 pm to 2 am. I called to see if I had to do the Suprep today. Yes. Ugh. This stuff is so nasty. I nearly threw it up and I have 1 more session of it to go. My gut better be sparkling."

pthweatt (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I have a very sensitive gag reflex so it too me a while to finish the first dose. I couldn't even finish the second dose. Besides the flavor, the nausea and stomach pain made my prep terrible. I would never take this again!"

Terrible! December 14, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "The first thing I would recommend would be that you get some A&D ointment. Use it every time you have to wipe. It will make it less uncomfortable. The worst part of this to me was drinking this extremely bad tasting medicine. The first dose it was all I could do not to throw up and I don't do that. Then I got really bad chills. So for the second dose I plugged my nose and then drank room temperature water. But the medicine cleans you out. Actual colonoscopy is a breeze after the prep"

Broncolady December 4, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I had my 4th colonoscopy this morning and used Suprep as my prep. It is expensive but I purchased it anyway, because it was recommended by my gastroenterologist. It tastes awful and it gave me nausea and a headache. It works way too fast as I was going in 10 minutes after taking it. As the day went on, I started feeling dizzy as if I were going to faint. The nurse at my doctor's office thought that I was dehydrated even though I had been drinking the liquids recommended all day. I was unable to take the second dose and was not totally cleaned out for my procedure. I recommend the Mirolax prep which I have had in the past with no trouble."

poopedtoolittle (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Was so glad to have found this forum and info! Read through tons of comments and chose what I thought would work best...extremely cold water added to the medication solution, a green apple jolly rancher sucker to lick in between gulps along with a sip of ginger ale here and there. Wasn't fun but totally doable. Worked within 30 minutes!"

WimpyWendy December 3, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Well, the last two times I took the Golightly. And that was a bear. I think 8oz every 20min for 6 hours? This is a piece of cake. Doesn't taste good, but why should it? I glass mixed with gator ade, then another 32 oz of gatorade/water. Easy cheesy. Took the first dose at 6pm. Ran for the toilet at 645 (made it!) and now it's almost 815 and still here. Took a couple (short) breaks to stretch my legs and hoping it's over soon. The results are cloudy, but clearing up. No doubt that I'll be clean as a whistle after the 2nd dose. But not looking forward to getting up at 530 to take it! All in all, there is no way to make this a very pleasant experience, but this is so much better than the alternative that I've tried. FTW!"

Briguy7676 (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2015

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

More about Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Other formulations