User Reviews for Suprep

7.8
Summary of Suprep reviews 63 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Suprep

Review by RedTaGo (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: Taste is deceiving. Initial swallow was OK then it was downhill from there. Had to hold my nose; will try straw with 2nd dose. Couldn't wait to flush it with the 32ozs of water. Took about 60 minutes to kick in

April 17, 2014 9:08 PM
Review by workerb (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: When I took the first glass at 8am and was following with water, threw it up at 8:35am and at 8:40am first movement, 2hrs later and 5 movements still going. Have to take 2nd dose at 8pm tonight, hope things are clear. Called my drs office about the throwing up and they told me tonight if I am not clean to take an enema.

April 17, 2014 10:54 AM
Review by Deb92: User Rating:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: I was so worried about the taste and getting it down after reading the reviews. My doctor said I could add lemonade powder to the solution. I also prepared it about 2 hours ahead and chilled it. It did not taste bad at all! I drank all of it within 20 minutes. It began working in about 15 minutes for me and was done after about an hour and a half. My procedure isn't until 1:30 tomorrow afternoon. I will take my other half at 8:00 am. I am worried about being hungry but not about getting the Suprep down. Not a bad experience whatsoever.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 3, 2014 9:29 PM
Review by assblast (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: I took my first dose of Suprep at 6pm as per doctor's orders. Earlier in the day I gave myself a huge enema which really cleaned me out. I followed the experience of others on this website and drank the Suprep cold out of a straw into the back of my mouth while holding my nose. This worked real well and was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I did not vomit and was not nauseous. I did get some minor chills right after drinking all the cool water but they went away shortly, especially after I drank some warm broth. I was not on the toilet nearly as long as I thought I would be. I really think the enema made things easier. Hope my morning dose goes as well. I have to take it at 5am. I really want a burger and fries.

April 1, 2014 10:42 PM
Review by rickyrickytavy (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: 28 year old, first colonoscopy prep. even though it tasted gross, it was the worst part about it. I started drinking a lot of water the day before the prep (didn't eat less though). Took 3 laxatives the night before as instructed by my doctor the night before as well. took first round at 5pm. Took the whole hour to drink plus the 32oz of water. Felt really full & had to try a little not to throw up due to the sweet/salty taste. But I took my time. second round at 10pm. Was easier to get down (maybe I was more prepared for the taste). the thing I was most worried about was cramping and I had none. So that was cool.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 31, 2014 11:08 PM
Review by Pat126: User Rating:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: This prep was very difficult for me to get down. After getting the first bottle mixed and finished, I proceeded to throw up the entire mix.....now I didn't know what to do. So I waited about an hour and decided to mix the second bottle and try again. I used an orange wedge to suck on between sips. I got about 2/3 of it down and managed to keep it down . Amazingly, it cleaned me out and my colonoscopy was able to be done.

March 29, 2014 9:00 AM
Review by Colonoscopies Suck (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: This is my second colonoscopy. The first one 3 years ago my doctor had me do an over the counter Miralax-Dulcolax bowel prep the day before the procedure. It was a several hour ordeal and not very fun between the extended time on the toilet, the amount of water I had to drink and the ahem chafing down there from wiping. This time around my doctor prescribed Suprep. This has been a much easier experience. First of all, I'm pretty much cleaned out after a couple of hours, unlike the several hours from my first go around. That by itself is worth it since I've had to endure fewer wipes and hence less chafing. The taste isn't so bad. I drink Pedialyte from post drinking hangovers and I would say that Suprep tastes exactly like Pedialyte.

March 23, 2014 10:09 PM
Review by nonickname: User Rating:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: I don't know why everyone is taking their doses so late. My doctor said to take at 12 and 5. Last time I did this I was up all night and was not going to do that again. I took my first dose by using a straw and drank all at once then drank water immediately after wards. It took effect 30 minutes later and was on toilet for 2 hours straight. I had my i-pad, phone, petroleum jelly so decided why try running to bathroom every few seconds. Took 2nd dose at 5 and everything was same as first one only this time I was a lot more raw. Did get the chills on the second dose for awhile. Its now 7:30 and hopefully things have slowed down and I can get a good nights rest and get this over at 7:45 tomorrow. Craving a cheeseburger and fries.

March 19, 2014 8:46 PM
Review by Rocky pocket: User Rating:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: I was really nervous about the prep of my colonscopy but I am pleased to say it isn't as scary as I thought it would be. The Suprep was gross and tasted like grape cough syrup but it could have been a lot worse. Within 15 mins I started having bowel movements. The only side effect I've felt is bloating and cramps but it goes away the more you go to the bathroom. I did a liquid diet today so I'm hoping that will help. I have some chills but that's probably because of all the water you have to drink. They will go away. So overall not bad. Of course I have jut started this process but after reading up it wasn't nearly as awful as I imagined.

March 10, 2014 6:47 PM
Review by Too young & busy for this!: User Rating:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: The taste is bearable but once you get near the end it is borderline gag time. Very reminiscent of nasty children's cough syrup! The water was easy to drink. I'm experiencing chills but nothing other than having a toilet party. It took 5mins to drink and kicked in after 45mins. Looking forward to the end so I can get some sleep before the morning and round #2. Today is the first summer weather day and I can hear everyone outside having fun and smell all the BBQs going.... so hungry for real food, a beer and going for a 5k run.

March 9, 2014 6:28 PM
Review by Clean as a Whistle: User Rating:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: Like many, I dreaded the prep for a colonoscopy as I typically have a gag reflex. However, I did my research (read every review on here) and came up with a plan that worked really well. Here's the poop (pun intended): About 3 have a light bland supper. Two days before, eat bland soft food (plain scrambled eggs, smooth yogurt, etc) and drink lots of water and/or clear liquids. Day 1 prep: eat 2 plain scrambled eggs for breakfast and then drink lots of clear non-acid liquids. Buy some Crystal Light Powder and make a strong pitcher. Put in fridge a few hours before first dose. Add to Suprep 30 min before taking and put in fridge. Cut a lemon wedge and hold under your nose, drink through a straw. It's bearable and it works well.

March 5, 2014 9:42 AM
Review by yuck on long island:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: Worst tasting stuff EVER! First dose was quite a shock. I never thought it would be so vile tasting. I barely got it all down. The water after helped keep it in my body. I just took my second dose. I did not sleep well. Convinced I was unable to keep the second dose down, I began thinking of ways I could. I pinched my nose and used a straw! I never let go of my pinched nose. In between long sips I breathed through my mouth. MUCH BETTER way of ingesting this. Worked its magic...procedure is at 9 AM.

February 27, 2014 5:10 AM
Review by KJT1992: User Rating:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: Prepping for my first colonoscopy. Took the first dose at around 6 PM the night prior to the exam and am taking the second dose right now. I find the taste pretty terrible. I have bad gag reflexes so it was a struggle for me to get all the way down. Medicine started doing its thing about 30 minutes after the first round, about 10 minutes after the second. Still am not going clear. Have experienced chills but no nausea (yet).

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 13, 2014 6:15 AM
Review by NJ2NCAnnie (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: Had my 3rd colonoscopy today, and this is the first time I have used Suprep. This is the first time I feel normal after the procedure! All prep medicines taste yucky, but because Suprep requires only 16oz. of liquid nastiness, followed by 32 oz. of water (twice); it was not unbearable. I have vomited while taking previous preps, but did not with Suprep. Yes, it is very salty and sweet, but if you use a straw it keeps it off your lips. I ended up taking about 5 sips with a straw over a 20-minute period to get it down, as any faster would have made me puke. Drinking the 32 oz. water afterward was not hard because the saltiness made you thirsty and want to drink it. I will recommend Suprep over all other preps to my friends.

February 12, 2014 6:10 PM
Review by tmb22: User Rating:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: Suprep prescribed in preparation for colonoscopy. As a laxative it's highly effective. I threw up most of it, but what ever got left starts working within 15 minutes. On recommendation I did chill it. The taste is vile and gag reflex kicks in. Then massive headache and chills. Spoke to the doctor. He recommended drinking second dose slowly. That helped to keep it down, but headache/chills is worse and nausea kicked it. I envy those who do not have these side-effects.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 9, 2014 9:14 PM
Review by 72Rover:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: This is Prep #3 for me. First two preps were with PEG - polyethylene glycol - and lots of water. The most revolting part about Suprep is the synthetic cherry flavoring, definitely reminiscent of nasty cough syrup from childhood. The salty bit wasn't that bad, but after reading this page, the second dose will definitely be well-chilled. Been fasting all day, drinking lots of clear liquids, so I expect things will get moving right soon.

February 6, 2014 5:32 PM
Review by Jennifer Laine: User Rating:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: Yes it's effective, however, the taste is so putrid. I threw up after taking the final sip of my first round last night. It is 6:30am and I'm working on the 2nd round. My head is killing me. There has to be a better way to do this. My stomach is making crazy noises. Scopes scheduled for 12:50 this afternoon, it's gonna be a long day!!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 3, 2014 6:33 AM
Review by Elyse A.: User Rating:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: Just had my colonoscopy today and all was well. Prep day with Suprep was nowhere near as traumatic as I imagined it would be (I'm only 25, so this was my first time doing this). The taste wasn't bad-- I mixed each dose two hours in advance by pouring the medicine and topping it off with lemon crystal light and sticking it into the fridge. It made the taste pretty tolerable! The first dose was no problem. I did get the chills a bit, but nothing major. It started working within 20 mins of drinking. Didn't get me anywhere close to expelling clear liquid. The second dose made me slightly nauseated, but nothing terrible. After a few more rounds of action, I was clear and ready to go! All-in-all, not to bad!

January 30, 2014 4:08 PM
Review by DjBlk (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: Not as bad as I thought it would be. Got the 1st dose down and action began in about 70 minutes. After roughly 30 minutes action bas subsided. No nausea or other side effects. I feel cleaned out, although I have another dose at 9:30. Getting all of the water down is no problem. Taste of the medication is not a problem either. Wish me luck for later!

January 22, 2014 6:55 PM
Review by Katie2040: User Rating:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: This is my 3rd colonoscopy, and each time I've been prescribed something different. For Suprep I was told to take my 1st dose at 4pm, followed by 2nd dose at 10pm -- colonoscopy is scheduled for 9am, and no liquids after midnight. For me, the stuff was vile tasting. Gag reflex kicked in and the tears started to flow, but got both doses down within a minute by holding my nose & hubby's encouragement. I had a regular BM after about an hour with the first dose. However, I spent most of my time in bed with a book because of the chills it caused. After my second round, I massaged my stomach and walked around the house. I finally started pooping liquids after about 15 mins. Still pooping brown (needs to be clear), and it's nearly 1am.

January 20, 2014 1:30 AM
Review by Rwilliams75: User Rating:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: Prepping tonight for tomorrow's procedure. I'm now in the restroom for a while so why not do this? Taste isn't great. Smells like cough syrup and tastes like salty, watered down, Nyquil in my opinion. I chugged it; finishing the first dose in about 10 minutes. It kicked in after about 20 mins. I am tiny bit nauseous, but no headache as I've seen on other reviews. Bowel motion is literally water and at first couldn't even feel it. Now, after my 3rd trip, things are pretty raw. I'm using a toilet paper, baby wipe, vaseline combo.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 16, 2014 7:49 PM
Review by Grundy Cuchara:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: This is the most vile tasting stuff! I only got through half of it and that took me an hour to do. It made me so nauseated that I had to hold back throwing it up. It started working within about 20 minutes of my first chug. It had me running to the bathroom over and over for 3 hours. My butt feels like it is peeing acid. It is now 1 am and I'm about to do my second dose. Not sure how much I can get down this time.

January 15, 2014 4:14 AM
Review by Colorectal Cancer Survivor (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: Like many others, I had put off having a colonoscopy. I was 55 and was prescribed to take this. I had been told by other people using other preps that they were up all night and how horrible it was. I was so glad that my surgeon gave me this. Within a half hour of taking the first dose, there was action and it only lasted about 30 - 45 minutes. I was back and forth to the bathroom, of course, but then that was it for the first dose. The same for the second dose. The taste really was not that bad for me. One trick is to get it really cold. I think I probably held my nose and just chugged it down. Same prep for my followup colonoscopy and same results. Oh, and I'm cancer free now!

January 5, 2014 2:26 PM
Review by KMBischoff: User Rating:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: This is my second colonoscopy but first time using Surprep, I was given pills last time. I didn't like this product because of the extremely nauseating effects. After I took my first dose at 5:00pm yesterday, it only took about 10 minutes to kick in. The medicine itself didn't taste bad with orange Gatorade, however I experienced terrible heart burn, acid reflux and nausea. Just as I began to feel back to normal, 3:00am was here for my second dose. I cannot even begin to explain the nausea this time. It was debilitating. All and all, I am ready to get this over with and EAT!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 30, 2013 7:37 AM
Review by atlanta111: User Rating:

Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: This was my second colonoscopy, as the first one, the prep was not sufficient. That was with the PEG solution. This stuff worked much better for me with the split dose. I took the first dose at 6:00 PM the night before. It tastes like cough syrup. Some say to drink with a straw, I just chugged the whole thing as fast as I could, then drank some Gatorade. No big deal for me. Took about 45 min for first bowel motion, then a long gap, and about 5 hours later, the "volcano" started. My scope was scheduled for 7:00 AM, so I had to take the next dose at 2:00, that worked faster, but basically was up most of the night. It's really not that bad. The worst part with all these preps is the amount of liquids you have to consume.

December 16, 2013 10:48 AM
Page 1 2 3 Next

More about Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Other formulations