User Reviews for Suprep

Bowel Preparation 319 reviews 114 medications

8.1
Summary of Suprep reviews 319 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Suprep

For Bowel Preparation "I've been on a clear liquid diet all day with not much going in my system other than water. Started taking suprep at 6pm and it had a very pungent artificial flavor that coats the inside of your mouth. The first bottle was okay for me. I very quickly got sleepy and slept for about an hour before waking up to use the bathroom. Before I knew it I was passing only a yellow liquid... If only the second bottle went the same way. After only drinking half of it at 4am I threw it all up, and the sputum only tasted like spicier suprep. I'm begrudgingly trying to finish the second bottle... Colonoscopy in 3 hours. Wish me luck!"

KatieV (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Worked well but has the most disgusting taste imaginable. The artificial sweetener taste made it twice as disgusting."

Jeff7777 May 20, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Here is a outline of my experience using Suprep - The day before using Suprep, I ate a little lighter than normal - The day that on which I will take Suprep 1. Clear liquid diet all day. Clear liquid can be water, dark cola, tea (no milk) , gatorade or jello (yellow or green ok) 2. at 5pm, drank first dose of 6 oz suprep that was mixed with 4 oz of water. Within a hour, drank 32 oz of water. BM occurred with 30 mins and more BM's. BM were like pee'ing from the anus (this is what should happen) 3. at 10:30 pm, drank second dose of 6 oz suprep mixed with 4 oz of water. Within a hour drank 32 oz of water. More BM's occurred until I went to sleep around 12 am. Few more BM's throught the night. 4. Woke up around 5:30am , more BM"

HolyElvis May 17, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This stuff tastes so bad. As others have said, why should it? Barf me out the door! But it works. As others have said, just do it. Don't make ANY plans. Take a sick day or two if you can. Second dose temporarily gave me a bloated sore tum. Baby wipes are mandatory. As are separate bathrooms, nothing new there. There is like a quinine aftertaste that I am trying to attach a positive memory to, gin and tonic on a summer sunset sail. Anyway procedure is in less than 4 hours. Good luck everyone!"

Waterloooo May 16, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I have taken my first dosage and my BMs have lasted five hours since I started it (so far) and by now everything is clear. I do NOT understand how they give the same dosage of two bottles to everyone. I am 20, 5'5 and 115. How can someone much larger than me take the same dose? Am considering not taking second."

Hungry hippo (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Not as bad tasting as the prior med, but seemed to take longer to complete the bowel cleansing."

PCJr May 15, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Suprep worked well, no complaints it did taste sweet like heavy cough syrup but yet heavily salty tasting. Mix it with cold Martinelli's apple and pear cider; easier to consume. Round 1, 5 pm, I poured 6 ounces of cooled suprep into 16 ounce container then filled it with cold cider and used a straw. I took 30 minutes to finish then drank 32 ounces of warm gatorade within the hour. No stomach upset or vomiting or cramping, took about 3 hours to complete the elimination process. Get a magazine and hang out in bathroom or watch a movie on a mobile device until the process slows down. Word of advice, get some A and D ointment prior to going, it will save your bum. Round 2, 4 am, did the same, no issues. 930 appt easy as could ever be."

kittycatness May 15, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Just completed my colonoscopy today. Due to family history, I have them every 3-4 years. This was my second time with Suprep and was (again) very pleased. Easy to drink (as these things go) and bowel prep was effective/painless. No issues during the night (after round one) and the prep the next morning had me completely prepared for a good procedure."

Richmond, VA (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Went through the whole process pre -dosage and followed all directions. Took first dose as instructed at 7:00 pm with second dose to be done at 2:30 am day of colonoscopy. Drank the first application of bad tasting stuff and drank 2 more 16 oz cups of water and waited. NOTHING HAPPENED. Not even a fart. Should I take the second dose? I am typing this at 3:35 in morning. Just called the "digestive consultants" where my doc works and was told by sleepy on call doc "No colonoscopy for you. No way you'll be clean. Call the office at 7 and let them know you'll need a different prep." A month of waiting, changing schedules, 3days of "prep" prior to the dosage and guess what? IT DIDN'T WORK."

Randy B May 2, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I definitely recommend sticking to a low-fiber, light diet a few days prior to. I also drank at least 64oz of water before the prep too. The taste of prep honestly isn't has bad as I anticipated. I used a straw to drink it, didn't smell it and had it all finished in under 10 minutes. It kind of tasted like flat grape soda to me. It was a bit difficult drinking the 32oz of water in an hour after finishing the prep drink. It kicked in around the 45 minute mark for me having to go the bathroom. No cramps, headache and very minor rumbling in my stomach. I was pretty much all cleaned out within 2 hours after, going to the bathroom about every 30 minutes. I think my diet and hydration were what made all of this so much easier."

CAC11 (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Female, 5'2, 115lbs. First Colonoscopy. 1st dose - pretty easy to drink down and yes, it takes like cherry cough syrup that has a bunch of salt added to it. I didn't cool the solution, as I just dumped it into the cup, added the cold water to it and made sure to breathe through my mouth in order not to taste the solution. It took me about 5 sips to drink the whole thing. 2nd dose - it was a lot harder to drink the second dose, as it seemed like it was much more saltier than the first batch. It took me about 10 sips to get this batch down. It took 45 minutes to start working. It took about 1.5 hours to stop. Once it starts and you start drinking the 2 16oz glasses of water, it tends to be non stop. Don't be fearful, it isn't that hard :-)"

kaliak37 (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I'm 60, and had one previous colonoscopy over ten years ago. I don't remember how unpleasant the prep solution was, but it was taken in one dose, not over two days, as is more generally done now. I chilled my water and the suprep over night. It took me about ten minutes to get it all down. Nasty stuff! I just kept chugging it as quickly as I could. I stopped to take sips of iced tea whenever it became nauseating. Once you get it down, the rest is a breeze. You will want to drink the next 32 ounces of water, just to get that taste out of your mouth. All in all, it could have been much worse. Just do it!"

Raqellina April 18, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "1. Read this forum for suggestions on nausea remedies and prep day diet and to get an idea of the general expeience. Mine closely matched the more positive reviews. 2. Start hydrating. At least 80 oz water/day for several days before prep; I had over 140 oz on prep day itself. 3. Stock your bathroom before starting prep. I had a beverage cooler with water, lemonade, and ginger ale in the bathroom, along with plenty of TP, flushable wipes, ointment, clean clothes, towels, my phone, and some entertainment. You won't be able to leave the bathroom for awhile, 75 min for me. 4. Prepare somewhere to rest close to bathroom. I didn't have any "accidents" but was less anxious about them since I had towels and old blankets on the bed"

Pat G. (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Suprep is far easier than the jug of prep I had 10 years ago! First dose at 6 p.m. No way to expect this to taste "good." It's medicine. It's unpleasant, but not impossible. Things kicked in around 6:45-ish and didn't slow down until 9:00-ish. I was in bed at 10 and got 6 hours of decent sleep. Second dose at 5:45 a.m. Harder to get down. Felt nauseous and had to use "mind over matter" to get it all down. Felt bloated with some cramping and gas after drinking all the water. 2nd dose kicked in around 6:15 a.m and slowed around 8:00. I was able to check in for my procedure at 10:45 a.m. with no "accidents" on the way there. It works, but it's not "fun." Plan to camp in the bathroom, prepare mentally, and consider yourself cleansed!"

Onthewing April 7, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I wish I'd known this page was here before I started this ordeal. I was instructed to drink a bottle of magnesium citrate the evening before. Then around 10 AM I drank the first bottle of Suprep, mixed with water. After the first couple of swallows, I couldn't hack the taste, and started to chase it with (pulp-free) orange juice. I thought it tasted rather like toxic waste not quite camouflaged with chemical cherry flavor. I got it all down, and trips to the WC lasted about five hours. At first, it was every 3-5 minutes, then less often. It was like liquid fire. There was no color anymore in what I was expelling, and I made the executive decision not to drink the second bottle. My poor bum!"

Frasier Bunzoff (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Wow! This prep so much better than Golytely prep from 8 yrs ago. 3 days prior to procedure started Low Residue Diet - reduced amount eaten on day 2 prior - this significantly reduces out put and discomfort. Only clear liquids day prior (no light breakfast). Read Suprep reviews - poured prep out over 3 small ice cubes and use chilled water - chugged in 2 gulps (breathed thru mouth between gulps - reduces taste) then immediately sucked on a sour piece hard candy - minimizes after taste. Within 15 min consumed 32 oz room temp water - the faster this all goes in the faster it comes out - less potty time. Same for early (3am) prep. No nausea/vomiting, no cramping, no headache, only slight chill in am. Absolutely best prep!"

Bum blebee (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This stuff is pure poison and has nearly killed me! Tastes horrible the first go round and you start vomiting on the second bottle. I only used half of the second bottle and diluted it with water but couldn't even finish that. Drank more water and had to sit on the toilet all night. Four days later I'm still unable to eat anything and having diarrhea! ! NEVER AGAIN! I will die first. Whoever created this stuff should be forced to drink a gallon of it and see how wonderful they feel. I've taken Golitely before. It was awful but I felt MUCH better the next day. Four days of agony and I can still barely function. No colon cancer but this stuff just may kill me anyway. I am a 67 year old woman who is 5'5" and weighs 150. Dosage is too much for me"

Glitter1949 April 3, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "So... I hate this stuff. This morning I took the second bottle. It stayed down for about 30 minutes before I projectile vomited all of it into the toilet (which is where it would have ended up anyways I guess). I called my doc and they said to just drink water for a while. I hate nausea more than anything. I get kidney stones on a regular basis, and I would rather deal with screaming kidneys than nausea. So this was particularly awful for me. However if you don't mind an upset stomach for a couple hours then it might not be so bad. The taste is horrific but it is definitely effective in clearing out the colon. My colonoscopy is in an hour. I bought a pizza and ice cream for when I get back to make myself feel better about this experience."

Spammy J (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Tastes gross, definitely chill it first. Also, taking sips of ginger ale after each gulp helps. Felt a little nauseous at first, that subsided, not as quickly in round 2. Took about 15 mins to kick in the 1st round, 10 for round 2. Round 2 in progress. Seems to be rooting the roto as promised."

Lil' Pooper (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Currently on my first dose of Suprep. I should mention, I'm 20 years old and otherwise very healthy, I drank the whole first bottle with water in about 10 minutes at 6 pm. The taste was honestly horrific, I almost puked it up every time I sipped on it (so I finally just chugged it). I think I'm going to dilute the second dose with more water because it was so salty I wanted to vomit. It's now 7:25 pm and I've gone at least 15 times. Everything is running clear already so I really don't want to do the second dose in the morning... But alas, it is what it is. I've been ridiculously nauseous since I first drank it, been trying to keep up with my water intake but have come close to vomiting several times so I'm trying to take it slow."

Spammy J (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Hate to admit, that at 61, this is a first for me. Took the suprep and water mix at 5 pm. Within half hour or so, things started happening. Thought the drink itself was not that bad....kind of a salty seven up taste to me. Drinking the two 16 oz glasses of water in an hour afterwards was tough...left me a little bloaty and cold with shivers and goosebumps. Overall, not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Round two starts around10:15 am for 2:15 check in."

First Timer 61 March 31, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This isn't as bad as what some others have described it to be. The medicine tastes like diluted cough syrup and doesn't taste very awful. You have to drink a lot of water within the next hour so that made me a bit nauseous. I made sure to take it slow for my second bottle. Each suprep drink made me stay in the toilet for about 3 hours. So get your movie(s) ready. Use wet toilet sheets and wipe prep H / diaper rash cream to keep your butt from getting sore."

rachelrj March 26, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Do NOT use Suprep unless your doctor scales the dosage for your weight. I weigh about 130 pounds, but was prescribed the typical two 6-oz bottles dosage. First round went OK; started going about 20 minutes after finishing the dose. Then it was off and on the toilet all the way to 8:15, so I only had about 45 min. break before starting the 2nd dose. Then all hell broke loose. First toilet run started about 30 min after 2nd dose. Then I got hit with waves of nausea, and finally projectile vomiting at the same time as expelling through rectum. Including vomiting blood, which doctor said was due to esophagus tear from violent vomiting. Nurse said they should never prescribe same amount of fluid for 130 lb person as someone twice my size"

Steve7171717 (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I have just taken the first dose this evening. Very effective after 45 minutes I was on the toilet probably every 10 minutes. After two hours from initial dose the trips are minimized to about once per 30 minutes. The taste is what it is and if you care about your health you'll "suck it up buttercup." Seriously, it isn't that bad and I am sure that they did the best that they could to mask those medicines that are necessary to move your bowels. My next dose is at 6:00 A.M. tomorrow as my procedure is scheduled for 1:00 P.M. So other than being hungry, I'll pull through in the hopes that I can claim a clean bill of colon health."

PoopySnoopy (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I used suprep prior to colonoscopy on 2/23/16. The taste was allright, but for the next 12 hours the cramping was unbearable.Unable to sleep, wanted to die. Talk to your Dr. about this. For me, this prep was enough to make up my mind to never have another colonoscopy."

alfonso3 (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2016

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next

More about Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Other formulations