User Reviews for Suprep

8.3
Summary of Suprep reviews 127 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Suprep

Review by Peteo (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: Cannot emphasize this enough, I am a hypochondriac and love to worry so naturally I only focused on the less than favorable reviews. Well let me tell you, don't worry. Tastes a LOT like BC powder chased by a cherry coke. Yucky but over quick and at least to me no where near as bad as some described. Actually the worst part was drinking so much water. Made me burp a bunch and feel bloated somewhat. Since I was hungry from only drinking liquids this was not completely unwelcome. Felt chilled for a little bit but I think this was more from being so nervous. Took an hour to kick in and since then has been doing its job. No cramping, just lots of "I gotta go". If this is the worst then this will be about the easiest procedure ever.

January 22, 2015 6:42 PM

For Bowel Preparation: This is the easiest by far. Do not worry, easy tasting (comparatively), worked just like everyone said it would, no worries, no cramps, no nausea. And I am the biggest chicken.I will never fear colon prep again.

January 21, 2015 11:47 PM

Review by Crm4785543222222WTF:

For Bowel Preparation: Doesn't taste great but it's not that bad - trust me, compared to Golytely this stuff is like fine wine. Good part is that there isn't much of it. Other preps make you drink like a gallon of horrid stuff.

January 19, 2015 9:07 PM

Review by scbelts (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: 3 colonoscopy -this prep was actually a very good experience. The only reason I did not give it a 10 was that the prep is nasty-tasting, but not horrific.First dose worked in less than 30 min and after about 4 trips to toilet I was done. Chills but no cramps. That cleaned me out so second dose at 5 am was easier. Hydrated (gatorade) and low fiber diet the week before helped,

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2015 2:02 PM

Review by constance paited:

For Bowel Preparation: I thought it was going to work immediately but took a good hour. Hour mild cramping and diarrhea for 45min. Thought I was done and could go watch the bachelor. I got 5 min into the show and almost didn't make it back to the bathroom. 15 min waiting for diarrhea to stop. Finally I can go watch the bachelor. 20 min into show and it hits again. 10 more minutes of diarrhea and finally done. It was not as bad as everyone was saying. Now for my morning prep

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 13, 2015 5:24 AM

Review by Anxietypron (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: Not bad at all considering all the bad things I'd heard about the prep I'm more nervous about the colonoscopy. The mud butt last about 4 hours only thing I really noticed was a loud stomach

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 31, 2014 11:06 AM

Review by GOTTA GO (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: IF YOU WANT TO AVOID NAUSEA, HAVE YOUR DOCTOR TO PRESCRIBE A TABLET THAT YOU WILL TAKE 20 MINS PRIOR TO STARTING THE SUPREP%u2026IT WORKS WONDERS.

December 28, 2014 6:52 PM

Review by OMGITSOVER (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: First time using this prep and it does work much better than others. It is the most disgusting, fowl tasting thing I've ever had. If I have to use it again I may try some of the tips I've seen here like the lemons. After getting 1st dose down it took about 45 mins to start. The second dose was the hardest to get down. I guess because I knew how bad it was going to be. Almost didn't keep it down. Drinking this and the 32 oz of water in an hour makes you bloated for sure. I did get a headache but that may have come from being dehydrated which I was by the time I got to my appointment.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 5, 2014 5:12 PM

Review by DaveSellsHouses:

For Bowel Preparation: One of the nastiest things I've ever tasted! Very "caustic" and a little salty. I drank both "steps" in a single swig, then immediately brushed my teeth because of the awful after-taste. The prep worked well, causing relentless diarrhea. I could not even count the bowel movements I had, lasting for about 4 hours after each dose. I'm sure I was VERY cleaned out. Worst part of the whole experience was the severe anal burning.

December 5, 2014 4:15 AM

Review by happyitsover (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: Dreaded starting after reading some of reviews. This was VERY easy - taste was not as bad as some said. Didn't need to chase it with anything, drank tepid water after (cold would have caused me to cramp). Worse part was lack of sleep due to second dose. Will use product again......in 5 years!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 4, 2014 1:28 PM

Review by KiwiF:

For Bowel Preparation: This is my first colonoscopy and I was nervous about the bowel prep. But was pleasantly surprised. I just forced down the drink as fast as possible (4pm yesterday), just mixed it with water, I think mixing it with any other flavor would have made it worse. I quickly chased it down with two big glasses of water over the next hour. Had to be close to the toilet for sure, but no pain, and was finished about 2 hours after the first dose. Have my second dose at 6am, it is 8.14am and I feel fine! Have had to go to the bathroom quite a few time but clear. I did fast for two days prior which I think really helps, so had broth and jello for two days (plus coffee and water and some apple juice). Wish me luck.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 3, 2014 10:17 AM

Review by Joey Dadio:

For Bowel Preparation: My poor 9 year old son has had 4 colonoscopy's already and he didn't even complain like this at the age of 2! Anyway, this was my first time and I have to disagree with the majority of reviews. The taste is really not that bad! I mean it's not something I would consume as a drink next to my dinner plate, but my goodness people. I was able to chug it in seconds. I then downed two bottles of water as instructed. I had a horrible full bloated feeling for about three hours until the bomb exploded. I'm in here as I type. Not a pleasant experience... But compared to what I've seen my poor son go through, this easily deserves a 10! It does what it needs to do and the taste is bearable.

December 2, 2014 6:28 PM

Review by Llabaniale:

For Bowel Preparation: Do not be freaked out by the other reviews (like I was.) The prep is drinkable, I sliced lemons and sucked on them after each drink-that worked beautifully. Mild cramping as it worked, but it worked quickly. Prep H kept stinging in check. Don't let these reviews deter you, it's way easier than a stomach bug.

November 26, 2014 5:50 AM

Review by Scott D (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: Piece of cake. I stopped eating meat, poultry, and fish 2 days prior. Ate low fiber foods day before prep, and only liquids day of. Placed Suprep and water in freezer one hour before drinking. Mixed it as per instructions, and drank it all through a straw in 10 minutes flat. In between drinks, I'd swish some Powerade around to kill the after taste. Drank my 32 ounces of water in another 15 minutes, and waited. Didn't have to wait long! 45 minutes after the first gulp, it had arrived at the other end. Off and on the toilet and it was over 90 minutes later. The 3am feeding produced the same results, but this time it only took 15 minutes to arrive. 1 hour later, it too had finished. No chills, nausea, or headache. Taste not that bad.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 24, 2014 11:53 AM

Review by 2nd Time:

For Bowel Preparation: 2nd screening colonoscopy. Last one 11 years ago and the prep then was pretty stressful. This time, it went great. Sipped the 1st dose at 6:00PM, thought it was not working then bam! At 3:00AM the 2nd dose was downed in one tip of the cup. I did notice adding additional water cups with the 1st dose, kept me going for two hours. 2nd dose I stuck to the plan. No side affects others are seeing. No headache, no bloating, no cramping. Just a successful prep with an all clear at procedure time.

November 24, 2014 7:19 AM

Review by Silver144:

For Bowel Preparation: This was the foulest tasting prep I've ever tried. I didn't experience the cough syrup taste; to me it was very bitter. I chilled it & used a straw. Mixed the first dose with apple juice which didn't help at all. I didn't know about the lemon wedges, but chasing each sip with diet Mountain Dew helped a great deal. Not very good results after the first dose but did with the second. Have had queasiness & mild headache & some cramping, but not any worse side effects.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 23, 2014 11:38 PM

Review by Worst stuff I've ever tasted (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: I have been doing colonoscopy prep for 20 years. This was the foulest tasting stuff I've ever encountered.

November 16, 2014 5:48 PM

Review by sjb46:

For Bowel Preparation: I was so scared to take this prep after reading all of the horror stories...but it was so much easier than I anticipated! Unlike the average, I decided to space out both of my doses and drink them in 2 oz shot glasses every 10 minutes. My first dose was at 6 pm, and I wasn't sure how my body would react so I wanted to play it safe. I had my first movement within 30 minutes, and after that every 10 minutes or so. Definitely make sure to be close to a restroom as the need to go is VERY strong! I drank ginger ale with my "shots" and sucked on lemon slices to get rid of the taste. To anyone reading this who is worried...DON'T BE! It's really easy. Good luck!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 11, 2014 2:57 PM

For Bowel Preparation: Finished my first dose about an hour and a half ago. The worst part of this whole experience, which was my first, was the anxiety of not knowing what to expect, not being able to eat any solid foods all day, and finally, the actual taste of the product. I sucked on lime slices after each sip to kill the nasty taste. I was able to down the mixture in a couple of minutes and it only took 15-20 minutes for the flood gates to open. My suggestion is to stay on the throne while the medication is working. The flushing comes without warning and goes in waves every 2-5 minutes or so. The process was finished in about an hour. I sipped on the additional 32oz of bubbly water for the next hour. All in all not nearly as bad as I expected!

November 10, 2014 10:47 PM

Review by demplee:

For Bowel Preparation: I have had 20 colonoscopies or so and have had mostly Golytley 4 liters in the past. Hands down this is the easiest prep I have ever had to do. Doing a split prep was awesome and in the past I had nausea, vomiting, and severe pain. With Suprep I didn't even cramp. Clear liquids the day before the procedure helps. I would pay full price for this, you have no idea how much better it is than what has been available in the past.

November 10, 2014 8:47 AM

Review by RL NYC:

For Bowel Preparation: After reading the reviews here, I put both bottles in the fridge and made some strong Crystal Light lemonade. It was not putrid. It wasn't pleasant but I didn't gag or hold my nose. I had a big bagel at 9am and was not allowed to eat after that. I drank the first dose at 5:30 and it started working about 20 min later. I am like a firehose. I hope I get to sleep a little before 2nd dose at 7am. I am sure some think the solution is truly awful, but for my first procedure in 2001 I had to drink Fleet phospo, and that was horrifying. I think it was recalled. I vowed never to have the test again. In 2007 I was given Miralax but apparently my gastro does not use that any longer. You gotta do what you gotta do.

November 9, 2014 8:20 PM

Review by JudyAge47 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: I thought SuPrep was fine. I had heard horror stories about other preps and this was not so bad. Also I took advice and used the very light colored Gatorade to help get it down. My doctor allowed me to also drink chicken broth. So the whole process was way less awful than I had feared. It all went faster than other prep methods I had heard about.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 8, 2014 5:13 AM

Review by Not for another 10 Years!:

For Bowel Preparation: Read reviews on this site before I took the plunge. Cold is good; so is slice of lemon to suck on. I do not recommend the straw, as liquid is carried to the back of the tongue where all you can taste is foul. If you chug it, at least there is a slight bit of sweetish aftertaste. It worked fine, but I purposely did not eat much bulk for two days before the procedure. Nothing tasted good for about 24 hrs afterward. The cranberry juice and ginger ale they gave me after the procedure reminded me too much of the prep. You might be better off sticking to water in recovery.

November 6, 2014 9:29 PM

Review by Girly girl 6:

For Bowel Preparation: I had to use this product not for a colonoscopy but just to clean out the system before starting new meds. The drink was horrible, the bloating was unreal, and it took forever to start working. I would definitely not use this again and go another route for a bowel prep.

November 2, 2014 6:12 AM

Review by krista37:

For Bowel Preparation: The first round of this was hell. I tried to mix it with ginger-ale instead of water because the taste was SO horrific and that honestly just made it worse. Tried to eat Jolley-ranchers in between drinks to counteract it, tried everything. Honestly, mix it with COLD water. COLD water is your friend, and just get it down. Drink cold water in between drinks--helps with the after taste.

October 31, 2014 11:31 AM

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

More about Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Other formulations