Medication Guide App

8.4
Summary of Suprep reviews 154 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Suprep

Review by Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:

For Bowel Preparation: I'm on the second dose, but it certainly hasn't been as bad as I was lead to believe. I was done after 3 hours after the first dose, it's been 2 and a half hours since the second dose and I'm making less frequent trips. The taste wasn't great, but not as salty as I expected. The second round seemed worse, maybe because I was pleasantly surprised with round one. No cramps so far, or nausea, the biggest drawback has been chills. It's subsided after the first 90 minutes after each dose, but during that time I couldn't get warm. I compare the taste to either old cough syrup or Ref Bull.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 20, 2015 1:37 AM

Review by dime_adoz:

For Bowel Preparation: This will be my fourth colonoscopy. History of colon cancer on one of my family and colon polyps on both. Have always used Colyte before and drinking it was the worst part of the whole procedure. This time for the first time, I was given Suprep. Someone earlier mentioned using Ginger Ale instead of water to mix with the Suprep. I thought of that also and called a pharmacist and asked. He told me to only use water as the Ginger Ale would upset the electrolytes in the solution making the laxative ineffective. So, I shall use my old tricks which getting it as cold as possible, and using a large straw and gulping down the 16 oz as quickly as possible. Then I have a glass of warm water to immediately rinse my mouth out right afterwards.

April 19, 2015 6:52 PM

Review by Bill H:

For Bowel Preparation: The taste is awful! It is gentle and effective at the expense of tasting just like the stuff it eliminates

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2015 11:52 AM

Review by KZM:

For Bowel Preparation: Suprep worked really well except the taste was terrible. Unless you like the taste of cherry flavor medicine, the taste won't be a pleasant experience. Drinking with a straw helped and cutting the taste with either ginger ale or Gatorade made it somewhat manageable. I started the liquid only diet a full 24 hours before I had to drink the first bottle. There was no cramping and it worked suprisingly quickly. I got the chills for a little but they subsided as I continued to drink water. Tips: low fiber diet 3 days before, liquid diet full 24 hours before first bottle drank, put in freezer for a bit, use a straw, take your time drinking it.

April 16, 2015 11:42 AM

Review by StillGoing:

For Bowel Preparation: Took 1st dose 11pm last night - was so tired and nothing was happening, so went to sleep in bed - BIG mistake. Woke up to an awful mess, no warning - needless to stay, stayed up rest of night. Took 3 hrs. to start working, still working 8 hours later. Have 2nd dose tonight and 3rd in a.m. - I don't clean out well. Taste got worse as I drank more, but just held my nose. Lots of gurgling, no cramps, hoping I tolerate next doses as wel, but hope they work faster. This really works and like it better than that gallon I had to drink last time. Still hope I don't have to do this again for a very long time!

April 12, 2015 11:18 AM

Review by Flyguy1 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: First off, Suprep cleans you out very effectively, which is appealing for GI docs as it makes their job possible. The downside (for the patient) is the taste, which is an absolutely appaling, cherry cough syrup, saltwater horror show. I'm honestly amazed I didn't vomit. Tips: keeping the stuff as cold as possible and sucking on a lemon between gulps is a help but leaving out the cherry flavoring would have been a big plus people.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 7, 2015 1:53 PM

Review by AngryClown:

For Bowel Preparation: I loved it. It tastes great like grapes. It worked within the hour. I'm 3hrs in and still going. Like a waterfall. My rim burns a tad but I ate spicy food last night. I've got the Vaseline within arms reach. And I haven't traveled further than about 20ft from the porcelain. This stuff is great.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2015 6:18 PM

Review by RoccoBigT:

For Bowel Preparation: Tastes like bad cough medicine but doable...very effective at eliminating whatever is in its way. Be prepared to play games or watch Netflix on the toilet for 8 hrs and use two rolls of paper....I am writing this while still going!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 24, 2015 4:18 AM

Review by no nicknane (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: No problem at all tastes watered down cough syrup.Get it cold 1st and don't stop drinking until its gone be by the toilet in about 10 min after drinking the prep and drink lots of water.Its all over in about 2hrs

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2015 10:59 AM

Review by Jdb1225 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: Pretty Easy. Taste is meh, but nothing I would worry about. Just bang it back and stay with in 25 feet of a toilet at all times.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 19, 2015 4:47 PM

Review by Photonic Blast:

For Bowel Preparation: Taste wasn't nearly as bad as past treatments. I just gulped it down and chased it with one of the two 16 oz water chasers. Started working 15 minutes later- so far, three visits to the bathroom of 10-15 min each, and I'm 90 minutes into it. Seems like it's working as intended....thus far, nothing more than a noisy stomach and I'm a bit chilled.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2015 8:05 PM

Review by Crystal7474:

For Bowel Preparation: I am not through the process, so forgive me for weighing in so soon, but I found warmer water easier to get down after the first Suprep. A little lemon, too.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2015 3:20 PM

Review by SD5:

For Bowel Preparation: Night before procedure: Tasted fine, like candy. It took 4.5 hours to work. Morning of procedure: Not such a good taste the second time, but not repulsive either. Took 2.5 hours to work.

March 9, 2015 8:21 AM

Review by grumpy1014:

For Bowel Preparation: I have a colostomy and this stuff filled my bag completely in an hour. I hate the taste and really having a hard time drinking the water after. I'm small and don't have that much room.

February 26, 2015 10:53 PM

Review by Brumom:

For Bowel Preparation: I really dreaded this stuff. I am a wimp when it comes to eating and drinking. This stuff wasn't bad at all. I chilled it for a couple days then iced the water first. I extracted the ice and added the Suprep. It didn't even taste that bad. Kinda like a salty Koolaid. Just imagine your five year old made it, and drink it down. No problem. Started to work in about 30 minutes. No cramping, no nausea, not even uncomfortable. The worst part so far is the day without real food. Hoping tomorrow goes as well!

February 23, 2015 5:55 PM

Review by MiMomMeds:

For Bowel Preparation: This is my 6th bowel prep & the worst tasting ever. It did the job. I'm 2 hours post first round. My butt is on fire, I'm weak, & freezing. Had my husband stop & get me some Miralax & Gatorade for my morning round. No way am I even attempting to drink another sip. I gagged the first one down, barely. I will refuse this prep. I have Crohn's & scopes are pretty regular.

February 4, 2015 7:55 PM

Review by Sixtyseven:

For Bowel Preparation: This was much better than 12 years ago. Suprep seemed to work almost immediately for me, and I just parked on the toilet with my iPad! The taste wasn't that bad and the benefits outweigh this prep thing!

February 4, 2015 7:29 PM

Review by Medicine Chicken (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bowel Preparation: As a general rule I don't like liquid medicines, however I did find a few tricks I have read on the internet worked quite well for me and maybe for some other people with issues. I found that putting the prep bottles in the fridge for about 12-24 hours before use so as to make the solution as cold as possible makes it taste less like medicine. I also found that reconstituting the Suprep with ginger ale instead of tap water helps to get the prep down much easier. Also use a straw so that you can shoot the medicine as far back in your throat as possible to avoid as much as possible certainly helps.

February 2, 2015 10:48 PM

Review by It's done:

For Bowel Preparation: Certainly easier than the prep I used 10 years ago. I started prep at 4:00 pm and was still "responding" at midnight. Second dose taken at 5:45 am and was much easier than night before. Elimination was clear by 8:00 am. No nausea, cramping,?just chills.

January 27, 2015 4:36 PM

For Bowel Preparation: Like previous posters, I had focused on negative reviews and was terrified as this was my first prep. At 3pm I took my first dose. I mixed my prep with cold water and refrigerated before taking. I had read the lemon slice trick a few times, so had some on hand. I took it down in three large gulps and didn't have any problems. I drank the next 32 ounces of water with ease. About 30 minutes later was my first movement. That dose had me in and out of the bathroom for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. The second dose I repeated at 11pm, same exact thing. I was able to sleep from 1:30am until leaving the house at 6:30am. I worried for nothing. All finished and results were just fine!

January 26, 2015 10:56 AM

Review by Peteo (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: Cannot emphasize this enough, I am a hypochondriac and love to worry so naturally I only focused on the less than favorable reviews. Well let me tell you, don't worry. Tastes a LOT like BC powder chased by a cherry coke. Yucky but over quick and at least to me no where near as bad as some described. Actually the worst part was drinking so much water. Made me burp a bunch and feel bloated somewhat. Since I was hungry from only drinking liquids this was not completely unwelcome. Felt chilled for a little bit but I think this was more from being so nervous. Took an hour to kick in and since then has been doing its job. No cramping, just lots of "I gotta go". If this is the worst then this will be about the easiest procedure ever.

January 22, 2015 6:42 PM

For Bowel Preparation: This is the easiest by far. Do not worry, easy tasting (comparatively), worked just like everyone said it would, no worries, no cramps, no nausea. And I am the biggest chicken.I will never fear colon prep again.

January 21, 2015 11:47 PM

Review by Crm4785543222222WTF:

For Bowel Preparation: Doesn't taste great but it's not that bad - trust me, compared to Golytely this stuff is like fine wine. Good part is that there isn't much of it. Other preps make you drink like a gallon of horrid stuff.

January 19, 2015 9:07 PM

Review by scbelts (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: 3 colonoscopy -this prep was actually a very good experience. The only reason I did not give it a 10 was that the prep is nasty-tasting, but not horrific.First dose worked in less than 30 min and after about 4 trips to toilet I was done. Chills but no cramps. That cleaned me out so second dose at 5 am was easier. Hydrated (gatorade) and low fiber diet the week before helped,

January 19, 2015 2:02 PM

Review by Calilee28:

For Bowel Preparation: It's not as bad as the reviews I had read. I was really nervous and didn't know what to expect, so I came on here to get an idea if what I was getting into. I have chronic severe food allergies. This product began to work smoothly within the hour. I used Oragel on my lips and drank completely down using two straws. Did not taste bad at all. I promptly drank two 16 ounces of water. I did get a little queasy a couple times and just chewed on ginger candy and was fine. I'm a wuss about everything, but I have to tell you this was smooth compared to what I suffer with a food allergy bout of diaherra. This did not cause any cramping or bad stomach pains.

January 17, 2015 5:45 PM

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

More about Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Other formulations