User Reviews for Suprep

8.1
Summary of Suprep reviews 100 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Suprep

Review by Manja2:

For Bowel Preparation: No big deal people. It doesn't taste great (salted cherry comes to mind) but it certainly is not unbearable. Started at 5pm and drank it slowly. Had first movement within 30 minutes before I even finished. Bloating and watery movements for the next few hours about every half an hour. Definitely some bloating but nothing awful and no headaches. Used baby wipes and A&D ointment but didn't even need it. No soreness at all

October 12, 2014 10:37 PM

Review by HollyPena:

For Bowel Preparation: Every BODY is different and that's the truth with my experience with Suprep. I finished my first dose at 7pm and at 10:30 pm I had my first real liquid movement. I had one or two soft solid movements before this but for me it took a long time. I'm ok. Watching Netflix. Finished drinking in 18 minutes. I took someone's advice and sucked on lemon wedges between gulps, which was a life saver for me. Since I had such a long time in between drinking the drink and the true cleansing part of this process, I did have some bloating and "felt the drink working" in my intestinal track, so some cramps and no movement. Now that the flood gates have opened it's better. Early appointment. Up at 3:30 am to drink again. Not much sleep tonight.

September 19, 2014 11:09 PM

Review by jswiss1961 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: It smells a lot better than it tastes. The taste is just horrible, but I managed to get it down along with the recommended water. Drinking the Suprep is the worst part of it.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 4, 2014 2:48 PM

Review by Bizarb:

For Bowel Preparation: I drank down my Suprep in about 10 mins, trying to just get it down in one shot (and I thought I was supposed to drink it kind of fast, not sure about that). Drank down my next 32oz of water, and felt like a innertube I was so bloated. I was worried it wasn't working, because I've heard the stories of the sounds and gurgles and my stomach was just distended. But then.....I felt a little feeling that made me worry tremendously if I were to even coughed too hard. I hightailed it to the bathroom with the bidet (over the toilet, no need to move), and holy cannoli. I was there for literally (yes, LITERALLY) one hour. Then I was able to take a shower and so far so good. 2am is the next dose, and I'm sure nothing will be left!

September 3, 2014 9:50 PM

For Bowel Preparation: I took the first does with water at 6:00pm and it took me 35 min to get it down. I had eaten a normal the day before. It started working about 30 min later. No warning. I was on the toilet for the next 3 hrs! Then it slowed down for maybe 10 min intervals. It got clear then not. This repeated all night. Finally at 1:00am ingot to rest till my next dose at 3:00am. Then I was going every 15-20 min till 7:00am. Finally quit. My colonoscopy was at 8:30am. I guess my system doesn't handle this stuff well. I had the same experience with another brand a few yrs earlier! I need to get a colonoscopy every 3 yrs and this is a nightmare!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 2, 2014 2:39 PM

Review by Doable:

For Bowel Preparation: Added lemon crystal light and ELECTROLYTE water to the Suprep mix. Held my nose and drank it through a straw. After each long sip I bit into a quartered lemon. Biting into the lemon really helped. The ELECTROLYTE water replaced my electrolytes and prevented a headache and chills. Definitley doable for me. Last colonoscopy was with Moveit prep and I threw that up.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 29, 2014 8:47 AM

Review by Rose2468:

For Bowel Preparation: What is all the fuss about? Does it taste great? No. But it's seriously not bad at all. I used a straw and drank it right down. It started working within 5 minutes. I am now about 45 minutes into the prep and I am already passing clear liquid. No cramps, no headache. I was all worried about nothing.

August 20, 2014 5:40 PM

Review by Lezzles:

For Bowel Preparation: Just had this for my procedure tomorrow. Managed to get the first one down but the second dose rocketted out of me when I threw it up. I'm worried they won't do the colonoscopy now.. but I think it was way too much for me. I'm 4'9 and weight 100lbs ...

August 19, 2014 12:55 AM

Review by YUJA (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: Unlike the majority of people here fasting or eating lighter couple days before taking Suprep, I had a huge dinner consisting of pizza, kebabs, and some spaghetti. Not eating worried me so I ate a lot the night before when it came to drinking it, the next day at 6pm it wasn't as bad. The only thing was bad was the after taste, which I washed down with some coconut water. Took 15 minutes to work. first time was soft, watery stool and everything after that was just squirting the remainder of the water without any traces is stool. Hardest part was not eating!

August 17, 2014 8:03 PM

Review by Not done yet!:

For Bowel Preparation: Started Suprep at 2 p.m. Today. Followed advice found on many blogs and was helped. Ate thick lime Jello...used half the amount of water to make it....about one hour before 1st dose of Suprep. Mixed Suprep with room temp Smart Water. Used a quarter lemon to rub the rim of the container, then held my nose, drank big gulps and basted my tongue with the lemon after each gulp. Only smelled the grape scent once. Sipped tea with lemon afterward and drank slowly the next 32 oz of water. Remained standing and walking...no bending or sitting until needed! So far it has been 2.5 hours....no pains, just almost clear. Was necessary to be in the bathroom...not just close! Also ate very lightly starting Friday...procedure is tomorrow at 10:30.

August 17, 2014 4:41 PM

For Bowel Preparation: I am an 18 year old female and this will be my first colonoscopy. It is not hard to trigger my gag reflex, so I was a little nervous to drink Suprep. I was instructed to drink it at 7 pm, and after some gagging and nausea I finished at 7:40 pm. I mixed it with ginger ale, and drank ginger ale chasers after each sip. The taste isn't as bad as I expected, but it does taste like cough syrup and was hard for me to get down and obviously took me a while. It works incredibly fast. I had a bowel movement at 7:35 pm, before I had even finished the prep. I was surprised at how quickly it cleans you out. I was having clear bowel movements after only an hour. Suprep did give me a bad headache but it was tolerable. Bad taste, but effective.

August 4, 2014 8:51 PM

Review by Sitting Pretty (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: I'm 40 and had my first colonoscopy due to family history of colon cancer (recommended 10 years prior to parent's diagnosis). Took first dose at 10:00 a.m., second at 10:00 p.m. (my procedure was at 7:30 a.m.). Was on a clear liquid diet day before which consisted of Jell-O, chicken broth, and popsicles: I chose not to drink fruit juice as some reviews mentioned acidity making diarhea painful. Suprep tastes absolutely horrendous...super salty, super strong grape Kool-Aid: could/should have mixed with Crystal Light or Ginger Ale. Got first dose down but only half of second as I was gagging... Doctor had to irrigate some but everything looked great and no polyps! Recommend lighter diet 3 days before for easier prep. Procedure was super easy!

August 1, 2014 3:46 PM

Review by Andrea Renee:

For Bowel Preparation: I'm a very anxious person, so I was scared about the prep. The stuff tastes bad but with small sips got each dose done within 20 minutes. Took a wee taste of honey after each 3-4 sips. The aftertaste goes away fast. 1st dose started working in 30 min, took about 4 hours until done. First two trips were nastiest, then got clear. Second round at 1:30 AM, worked faster and for less time. I fell asleep at 4:00 am no problems although I slept on a towel. Tips: eat lightly the 2 days before, no fiber; start to put Vaseline on your bum a day in before. All told, I've been WAY sicker in Mexico etc; drinking was the worst, bathroom not bad; found 4 polyps - 52 yo female, good health habits, so very surprised. Do the best with prep and do the test.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 1, 2014 1:04 PM

Review by Raw Hind:

For Bowel Preparation: Tastes horrible but effective. I had no nausea or chills. I drank it at 4:45 PM and really nothing for 1 1/2 hours...then a regular bowel motion. About a half hour later Katy bar the door. Then the squirts till about 10:00. I got up a couple of times in the night but no big deal. At 4:15 in the morning I suffered through the second dose. Immediate results and squirts for about 1 1/2 hours and a few sporadic times after that. It is 7 and I think I am done. Almost time to head out. My procedure is at 9:40. I hope this it for the next 5 years. I think the worst part is not eating. I am ready for some Mexican food. A huge pile of enchiladas. Rice. Beans. Hot sauce. Hot flour tortillas. Smeared with butter.

July 28, 2014 8:00 AM

Review by First timer 26 yr old (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: I wish I would have read these comments before hand. My appointment is tomorrow at 6:30am so my doctor had me take both doses of the Suprep the day before. 5pm and 9pm. I took my first dose at 5pm, but didn't have a bowl movement until 7pm.. Then it was flowing for the next few hours.. Literally like a fire hose, every 10 minutes or so. Now it's just after 9pm and I feel sick to my stomach and have a really bad headache. The thought of choking down another dose almost makes me throw up, not kidding. Wish I would have taken the first dose earlier. That way I wouldn't be up so late. Anyway, this is my first colonoscopy.. I am a 26 year old female and had to get one because of irregularity in my stools that I'm not going to get into.

July 22, 2014 10:13 PM

Review by Kitkat7825:

For Bowel Preparation: My husband and I had 2 very different experiences. He didn't chill anything, mixed it, drank it like chugging down a beer, then immediately did the 2 additional 16oz room temp waters. Said it tasted like cough syrup but it wasn't too bad. It hit 1hr later and an hr after that he was done. His repeat was exactly the same. His only side effect was hunger. I chilled mine, pinched my nose and drank it all down with a STRAW in about 15mins. Took a spoonful of honey then let go of my nose. Didn't taste a thing! I had trouble getting all the water down in an hour, had to switch to Gatorade. I was bloated, a little nauseous, and almost had a headache. Mine also hit an hour later but I went 18 times in 3hrs. 2nd round similar but better.

July 22, 2014 10:39 AM

Review by Rob 23322 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: Started this morning at 10am. Mixed COLD Suprep with COLD apple juice. Found a FAT straw, even bigger than a malt/shake straw and sucked it down. Took about 45 minutes to start working for me. Probably because I use Amitiza almost daily and especially the night before. The taste isn't awful, but it's not good. I think the apple juice helped. To me it seemed very sweet. It's now 9:30pm, no intake after midnight and my colonoscopy isn't until 11am tomorrow. Seriously, get a big straw, mix it with juice. Drink it COLD and quick. Chase it with your beverage of choice/whatever is allowed. Good Luck!

July 20, 2014 9:27 PM

Review by MikeC4:

For Bowel Preparation: My 4th C-Scope. First time with Suprep. Suprep was the best prep. Okay it doesn't taste good, but it is less offensive than the other preps. Tastes like watered down cough medicine. I mixed with it very cold water and sipped it through a straw. The worst part was drinking another 32 oz of water over the next hour and feeling like my stomach was going to explode. After one hour things started moving, and I felt better. I was still squirting six hours later, so don't fudge on the time line. Also, apply Preparation H after each movement, and you won't get the redness.

July 18, 2014 9:36 AM

Review by kdub77 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: Certainly did the job, but boy howdy was it hard to get down and keep down. Take the first dose and then spend the next two hours in the bathroom - not just near it!! Second dose also kept me "going" practically up to the time of the procedure. Sip water (or something, anything!) in between gulps of the medicine - it'll go down easier. Rated 4 because it was effective, but pretty nasty.

July 11, 2014 5:24 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: My doctor gave me a sample box as my insurance would not cover. After reading reviews this is what I did. Chilled water and Suprep, put Oragel on my tongue and mouth to deaden taste buds. Used a straw as far back as possible held my nose. Each time I stopped I drank orange Gatorade and put a little honey on my tongue. Only tasted a little strong cough syrup. It took effect about 30 minutes later and subsided in a couple of hours. I did this at 6 PM and 3 am procedure at 8:30 am. I wish I had some diaper rash ointment as the Vaseline did not quite do the trick with the burning. Did not have any severe reactions.

July 8, 2014 6:28 AM

Review by Thebrad (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: Having done colonoscopies a few times, I have to say that Suprep, although not my favorite, is the most effective so far. The taste... Weird. But.... Helpful hint for those of you taking it- since you're most likely on a clear liquid diet, I just tried this last night and this morning and it helps a great deal for me- take a Jolly Rancher you like and chew it before drinking the prep. The goal is to get the candy stuck in the crevices of your molars, top and bottom. Now, while drinking the prep, if you need a break, stop and lick your teeth. The prep taste is immediately overridden by the candy! This made the prep taking a LOT better for me! Hope it helps you!

June 23, 2014 5:14 AM

Review by Aunt Mary:

For Bowel Preparation: This was my second colonoscopy with Suprep. Here are my tips to getting through: use a straw placed at the back of the throat and a swimmer's nose clip to minimize the awful taste. I also ate a low residue diet for a couple of days before (e.g., chicken, pasta, eggs) so as to not have a lot to clean out. The stuff worked in about 20 minutes and I was passing clear liquid well before the second dose, which did not go down as well. I started throwing it back up after only drinking about a third of the mix. I drank about 20 ounces of the "follow up" water and spent the next couple of hours on the throne passing more clear liquid. Had some chills and nausea with Suprep but thankfully no headache. Thanks to all who shared their comments!

June 20, 2014 3:32 PM

Review by hpj:

For Bowel Preparation: I wish I'd read these reviews before taking this foul-tasting stuff. I would have chilled it first, then used a straw to drink it. By far, the worst part of the prep is taking the Suprep. The taste is horrible. My nurse told me to mix the doses with white grape juice. I did for the first one, thinking the grape juice would drown the taste, but that made it taste worse. I used water for the second dose and ended up throwing up about a third of it. From the reviews, it looks like that won't be a problem. I see some people didn't do a complete fast the day before, so I'm going to look into why a fast is recommended in case I have to have this test again. All in all, though, the med does what it says it'll do — clean out your colon.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 18, 2014 5:17 AM

Review by Roger I.:

For Bowel Preparation: First time colonoscopy and first time using Suprep. I did the first round at 3 pm, Taste was tolerable as it tasted like bittery cherries. Mixed it with ice water and chugged it down in 5 minutes, the next 16 oz water in to minutes and then the last 16 oz water 30 after that. Started working 20-30 minutes. I suggest staging in the bathroom or very near it for the first hour. I drank clear liquids and jello after the first dose. The second dose was at 8 pm and took about 2, 2 1/2 hours to subside. I did not drink anything after that dose as I felt it was still working. Got a few hours sleep. My procedure was 7am. I only had minor chills from the amount of cold water to drink. All in all not the a bad horrible experience.

June 16, 2014 8:50 AM

Review by brownidgirl_90:

For Bowel Preparation: I took the Suprep at 6:00 p.m. The taste was unpleasant but avoidable. I found that pinching my nose, closing my eyes, and chasing the drink with gatorade cut the aftertaste completely. I was a bit nauseated for the first 15 minutes and had my first bowel movement in the first 20. I did not eat for 48 hours before taking this and drank plenty of water in preparation. I took my second dose again at 9. This time, I was on the toilet more frequently. It took me two drinks to get it down. Overall, I dreaded this experience and it was no where near as awful as I had foreseen! My first colonoscopy is tomorrow and I've heard that the prep is the worst part. It's 1:15 a.m.. and I'm still having bowel movements but they're clear!

June 16, 2014 2:17 AM

Page 1 2 3 4 Next

More about Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Other formulations