User Reviews for Suprep

Bowel Preparation 190 reviews 113 medications

8.4
Summary of Suprep reviews 190 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Suprep

For Bowel Preparation "I took the first dose at 6pm last night and the teste was the nastiest stuff I ever had ..I did not read these reviews first , so I did not know about the keeping it cold or using a straw.. I did take a sip of water between every few gulps of the poison tasting liquid.. It barely worked on the first dose .. I waited a few hours and only went one time to the bathroom.. Today I took the 2 nod dose and was gagging as much as yesterday..This time I went to the bathroom sooner and a few more times..BUT I do not think I am totally cleaned out.. I had my first colonoscopy about 9 years ago and took a million pills with no taste and worked perfect.. I hope I will be cleaned out enough to have my procedure done..."

Skinny-one (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I took the first dose tonight at 7 pm. It was the most horrid thing I've ever tasted. I gagged several times. I honestly didn't expect it to taste so horrible or I would have asked about ways to disguise the taste or chasers. I see that several people recommend using a lemon wedge, which I will try. I'm also wondering if I can sip juice or ginger ale after each taste? I am a small person, weigh under 120 and I feel like everything has already passed out of my body. Just clear liquid for the past hour. I'm wondering if I need to take the entire second dose in the morning? It seems it would just dehydrate me."

Betsy H July 27, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Doing this med now 4pm . Two rounds of one gallon. The other half at 5am for a 140pm appointment. Didn't taste so bad just fell bloated. Oddly it took over 2 hours to start. Took 8 oz @ 20 minute spans. Label says 10 but pharmacy said 20. Had chicken broth I made but after reading different schools of thought thinking the fat in the chicken broth could have held me off for the 2 plus hrs time frame above. Gatoraid orange and clear , tea , water , coffee . Afraid to drink any thing cause it makes me run to the bathroom. Have to drink though I believe cause as of 12am no more anything I'm told. Its coming out a tad clearer now as of 845 pm"

Gransbackk (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Start a low fiber diet 6 days in advance w?lots of liquids, 3 days in advance start a soft food/soup diet using laxatives periodically throughout the week. The day before make sure the Suprep & water are ICE cold in the fridge, when drinking the solution use the straw & sip ice cold white grape juice (it's so sweet it cuts the taste of the Suprep). Process began about an hour afterwards. Didn't have to sit in the bathroom just made sure I went when the rumbling began. Overall, WAAAAY better experience than 10 years ago!"

No Worries (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Well, just finished going through the first portion of the Suprep. I must say, it was very difficult to drink. The taste is awful. I had to put a cup with Gatorate next to the cup with the preparation, so I could drink a sip between each time that I took a drink of the Suprep. But it really has worked. I was terrorized with fear, but I haven't had any cramping or stomach ache at all, no nausea, no headache, and except for the terrible taste, the experience hasn't been bad at all. This is my first time getting ready for a colonoscopy, and I was glad I found this site before I started, it eased all of my fears by reading all the other comments. Thank you for having this site up. It helped me a lot. Hope I am able to help someone else."

Lulita July 12, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Taste is absolutely awful. It's extremely salty and bitter. Took me more than an hour to gulp down just one dose (16 oz), and I would recommend sucking on a lime or lemon slice in between sips to help with the taste. In terms of effectiveness, it really worked! Everything came out like a liquid waterfall after around 30 minutes after each dose."

Anonymous June 25, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I am 67. This is what you need to know: 1. Refrigerate the water and solution, the colder the better. 2. Wash the mixing container before the next two containers of water, the smell is worse than the taste. 3. Have at least a fresh role of toilet paper and a toilet bowl brush, you will need them. 4. Have a package of diaper wipes, it makes the mess easier to clean up. I went two days without food just to make this job easier, I do not mind hunger. The day prior to the my 7am appointment I drank the first round starting at 1pm. It started to work in 20 minutes. The second round I started at 6pm, it again was working in 20 minutes and over in about 3 hours. Prior to using the solution I drank a lot of gator aid, no hunger to speak of."

Slimfast1 June 21, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "It was the most vile oily salty stuff ever. Way worse than I expected. It was really hard to make myself swallow and even worse it made me start vomiting almost immediately. I wasn't really eating and experiencing drastic weight loss so I don't think there was much to clean out. I weighed 95 lbs. They still told me I absolutely had to take all to get cleaned out. I forced myself to drink the whole first dose but I doubt if I even managed to keep down half. I ended up skipping the second dose entirely. It was quite effective, I was up all night running to the bathroom. Within an hour I was basically peeing clear out of my butt, lasted all through the next day too even after procedure. Also caused horrible stomach pain and the nausea lasted"

Anonymous June 17, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "First colonoscopy ever. This prep worked great. Yes a bit salty, but just gulp it down and chase it with the water. No cramping, nausea or headache. Started working in a bout 40 minutes. Stay close to the bathroom and get to the toilet at the hint of movement. Took about 4 hours to complete the first round. Did the second round the morning of my procedure, took it at 5 am for an 11:00 procedure. Second round was a breeze. Cleared out by 8:30am and doctor reported fully cleared. This prep is worth the money and I will definitely use it again. Have no fear folks?"

Pleasantly surprised June 15, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "This was my third colonoscopy, and first time using Suprep. For my first two, I did the Miralax + Laxative prep. I was instructed to take the first dose at 4pm the day before my procedure, then wake up at 4am and take the 2nd dose (9:15am procedure time). I ended up staying up late and taking the 2nd dose at 1:30am. It tastes horrible, like salty, diluted cherry cough syrup. The saltiness was the worst. I made sure the Suprep was cold, and drank in through a straw. With Suprep there is less volume to drink, I also noticed that I had NO cramping. I did have a bad headache the night before my procedure. I couldn't finish the 2nd dose completely, but everything was coming out clear. I would recommend Suprep over other preps."

SqueakyCleanColon (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "This is by far the best colon prep I've used having undergone 3 other colonoscopies. I drank the first dose in about 5 minutes and the second one in less than 10 minutes. Using a wide straw sure helped get it down easier. The first time I had to get to the bathroom in about 40 minutes and the second dose in about 30 minutes from first drinking. I was totally cleaned out by the time I had my colonoscopy which went very well - no polyps, just the diverticulosis, which I knew about from prior scopes of the pipes. Good advice-have baby wipes handy. The ones with aloe & vitamin E are very soothing. Also some sort of ointment for the burning soreness. The Suprep made the experience much more tolerable. Good luck with your procedure!"

SoreHiney (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I drank the first cup within about 25 minutes, sucking on a minute maid frozen lemonade to help with the taste (I have a weak stomach). The taste is not really "that" bad though....has a fruity/salty taste. About 30 minutes later my stomach began turning and I sprinted unsuccessfully to the restroom; I simply could not control my bowel movement. I am only 50 and am in great physical condition....but I was no match for the Suprep. I spent the next two hours visiting the bathroom frequently. The second dosage wasn't as bad urgency wise, but I've spent a lot of time in the bathroom and now feel raw in that area from the frequent wipings. I'm hoping all is finished before I go to bed later. Good news is there was absolutely NO cramping."

dcChone (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I'm currently doing the suprep for colonoscopy tomorrow. First dose at 3pm was easy. For some strange reason you do get cold, which is weird for me because I'm NEVER cold. I started the expelling of the bowel about 45 minutes after drinking the suprep. Do have some belching, it's not bothersome. As others have said, if the taste bothers you, drink some of the suprep and have Something handy to immediately take the taste away. I had a lime Popsicle ready to go so I would suck on that between gulps. No problem."

Getitoverwith! (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I was 64 when I had my first colonoscopy. I was terrified of having to drink "the awful tasting liquid' after reading all the horror stories. So I went in with a positive attitude. I drank the first part of the SuPrep starting at 7 pm. I mixed everything together and I also had a glass of Crystal Lite Lemonade and a bottle of lime flavored Gatorade handy. So I started drinking the solution and I was surprised that it was not nearly as awful as what I had expected. I would drink several swallows of it and then I would drink some lemonade. I did that repeatedly until I drank it all. Followed by two 16 oz. bottles of water. So much easier than what I expected. They found 4 polyps all benign. I felt stupid for not doing this sooner."

Notsobad May 27, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Terrible reaction to this medicine. Severe bloating and cramps. At first I just figured it was a side effect and will feel better once it started working the cramps would go away. But it never worked and cramps got really intense after hour 5 hours after drinking Suprep I was considering going to the emergency room. I didn't have fever or feel like vomiting so I decided to stay. But 30 minutes later I felt weak, dizzy, nauseous, had dry month and my jaw was going numb. I went to the ER. After vomiting I felt better. But then had a bought of hiccups that caused further pain from the cramping. My body couldn't handle the medicine. I did fast, I did all that your supposed to do."

Allanm May 22, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I was instructed to take the doses at 2pm and 7pm on the day before my colonoscopy. I was able to drink the dose fairly quickly. This was followed by 32 additional ounces of water. Avoid breathing from your nose while drinking it because the salty black cherry flavor is not great. I had some bloating, nausea, and mild chills. It took about 2 hours for the medication to kick in. I stayed in the bathroom for a little over an hour, then the bowel movements slowed down. At 7pm, it was time for the second dose. It was definitely harder to drink and the last few sips were nauseating. This dose worked very quickly (15min) and within a few hours the bowel movements slowed down. By 10pm, I was pretty much cleaned out. Keep drinking fluids!"

Colonoscopy prep (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Do yourself a favor and skip down to Time2gonow - 4/27/2015 post. He/She nailed it for me. I read all of the negative reviews until I got to that one. The day of my prep I cut it out and pasted to my desktop. Read it 3 or 4 times before starting. Set a timer and drank the Suprep mix within 15 minutes, and the rest of the water within 30 minutes. I was going before the hour was up and was done in about 90 minutes. Got a good night's sleep before the next dose in the morning. Don't cheat on the liquid diet. I had broth for "meals", and jello when I felt hungry and needed to "eat" something. Otherwise sipped Gatorade all through the day and the entire process. Thanks Time2gonow for your post!"

FirstTimeScope (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I was very nervous about taking Sureprep after reading the side effects that could happen. I was on a liquid diet all day yesterday of broth, jello, juice and water. I was instructed to take the Sureprep at 3 and 6pm. I mixed and drank the first dose at 3pm. I immediately filled and drank 2 full cups of water per the instructions. The taste wasn't as bad as some of the reviews I read. It does have a salty metallic taste but it was not unbearable for me. My first urge to go to the bathroom came within 15 minutes. this round lasted about an hour to 1 hr 15 minutes. As I sat I continued to drink water because I didn't want to get dehydrated. I had no cramping nor any discomfort at all! My 6pm dose was the same. Great product just drink plenty!"

Mrs. Coco May 14, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I just have to write this because what people told me seems to be right. People only come on these sites to complain. So I'm here to give a positive review. I just finished my first dose of suprep and ran through the runs that go along with it. I did feel nausea about half way through the dose but it fades quickly once I started drinking slower. It kicked in in about an hour and lasted for about 2 hours. After the initial nausea passed I had no issues whatsoever. It did its job. It didn't give me cramps or headache. Also the taste really isn't terrible. I'd compare it to salty Gatorade. Just don't take huge swigs of it and you'll be fine. Overall I'm not too nervous about my second dose. Not a terrible experience at all."

Tjtieg (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I took the Suprep as directed in two doses the evening before my Colonoscopy. Very nasty taste it took me close to an hour to finish, I felt like throwing up, but lucky for me I didn't. Well I waited and waited to no avail. Had a massive headache, so bad! Bloating and the noises in my intestines were so bad even my dog got scared and started to bark. I still had not gone to bathroom yet and took the other half at 2:00am in the morning, by this time I was feeling so bad from lack of sleep and the headache I lay up in bed not meaning to fall a sleep and when I woke I was covered in the brown stuff, I was 8 hours in before this stuff worked. My Colonoscopy had to be cancelled due to not being clear in time. It just didn't work for me."

It could only happen to me! (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 8, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "The taste is dreadful. I actually couldn't get the last swallow of the first dose down, but did get the 32 ounces of water down over a period of time. I am very thin, so drinking all of this took time. It took me 45 minutes to get the first dose down, seriously it made me want to hurl. Then it took the prep about 2 hours to start working.....as I type this it is still working and it's been close to an hour now. To borrow a line from the movie, "Bridesmaids", "it's pouring out of me like molten lava!" So yes, this definitely works. Not looking forward to the next dose and praying it doesn't take so long to work."

Molten Lava Queen (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Basically, all the preps taste bad unless you get the Miralax and mix with Gatorade. BUT this is very low volume. I have to use 3 different meds to prep with over 4 days as I have a VERY slow colon. This stuff tastes way better than the mag citrate I have to take tomorrow and for 2 days after that. Mag Citrate (IMO) is way more salty. Took first dose tonite and was going in 30 minutes. Have been going intermittently for about an hour and 10 minutes. Stopped long enough to go and get a banana popsicle and orange Gatorade. Think about it....this is nothing to deal with in comparison to the cancer treatment you might have to have.....the benefits definitely outweigh the negatives!"

GirlGo (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I started to drink the first batch as directed by my doctor at 6 P.M. Unfortunately, I had not found this site yet. The taste is awful and it took me forty-five minutes to sip it down. The impact was immediate and I spent the next two hours in the bathroom. My next batch was at 7:00 this morning. I made sure to punch my nose, which helped me down the solution in about fifteen minutes. The prep isn't great, but it is effective. I just hope it is a long time before I have to go through it again. Next time I will use orange wedged between sips to see if that helps with the taste."

Flicky (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I drank liquids all day. Took my laxative at 2 pm then the suprep at 6 pm. Started going to the bathroom at 7pm & still going at 1:45am. Second round at 6am. Don't know how I'm going to get this second round down. The taste is awful to my tastebuds & made me very nauseous. No cramping, a little chilled at times. I had some of mothers depends and put them on because it just happens before you can get there a lot of the time! Will be so happy when all this is over!"

Tyre May 4, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Don't let the very negatives scare you. I used Suprep a week ago to prep for my second colonoscopy, and having used the "easy" prep they took off the market after the one I had ten years ago I was very leery. Now, I'm not going to say it was fun, but it was easier than some had led me to believe. I recommend: mixing the "cocktail" and refrigerating it well before drinking it and then plugging your nose when you drink. Also. I sliced a lemon and rubbed it on my tongue between swallows and it really cut the taste (just don't eat any of the lemon or pulp) The worst part in my opinion was that ishy full feeling drinking lots of water after, but that passed quickly. It worked well and fast! I ate lightly the day before."

Chug-A-Lug May 3, 2015

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

More about Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Other formulations