User Reviews for Suprep

Bowel Preparation 311 reviews 114 medications

8.1
Summary of Suprep reviews 311 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Suprep

For Bowel Preparation "Went through the whole process pre -dosage and followed all directions. Took first dose as instructed at 7:00 pm with second dose to be done at 2:30 am day of colonoscopy. Drank the first application of bad tasting stuff and drank 2 more 16 oz cups of water and waited. NOTHING HAPPENED. Not even a fart. Should I take the second dose? I am typing this at 3:35 in morning. Just called the "digestive consultants" where my doc works and was told by sleepy on call doc "No colonoscopy for you. No way you'll be clean. Call the office at 7 and let them know you'll need a different prep." A month of waiting, changing schedules, 3days of "prep" prior to the dosage and guess what? IT DIDN'T WORK."

Randy B May 2, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I definitely recommend sticking to a low-fiber, light diet a few days prior to. I also drank at least 64oz of water before the prep too. The taste of prep honestly isn't has bad as I anticipated. I used a straw to drink it, didn't smell it and had it all finished in under 10 minutes. It kind of tasted like flat grape soda to me. It was a bit difficult drinking the 32oz of water in an hour after finishing the prep drink. It kicked in around the 45 minute mark for me having to go the bathroom. No cramps, headache and very minor rumbling in my stomach. I was pretty much all cleaned out within 2 hours after, going to the bathroom about every 30 minutes. I think my diet and hydration were what made all of this so much easier."

CAC11 (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Female, 5'2, 115lbs. First Colonoscopy. 1st dose - pretty easy to drink down and yes, it takes like cherry cough syrup that has a bunch of salt added to it. I didn't cool the solution, as I just dumped it into the cup, added the cold water to it and made sure to breathe through my mouth in order not to taste the solution. It took me about 5 sips to drink the whole thing. 2nd dose - it was a lot harder to drink the second dose, as it seemed like it was much more saltier than the first batch. It took me about 10 sips to get this batch down. It took 45 minutes to start working. It took about 1.5 hours to stop. Once it starts and you start drinking the 2 16oz glasses of water, it tends to be non stop. Don't be fearful, it isn't that hard :-)"

kaliak37 (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I'm 60, and had one previous colonoscopy over ten years ago. I don't remember how unpleasant the prep solution was, but it was taken in one dose, not over two days, as is more generally done now. I chilled my water and the suprep over night. It took me about ten minutes to get it all down. Nasty stuff! I just kept chugging it as quickly as I could. I stopped to take sips of iced tea whenever it became nauseating. Once you get it down, the rest is a breeze. You will want to drink the next 32 ounces of water, just to get that taste out of your mouth. All in all, it could have been much worse. Just do it!"

Raqellina April 18, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "1. Read this forum for suggestions on nausea remedies and prep day diet and to get an idea of the general expeience. Mine closely matched the more positive reviews. 2. Start hydrating. At least 80 oz water/day for several days before prep; I had over 140 oz on prep day itself. 3. Stock your bathroom before starting prep. I had a beverage cooler with water, lemonade, and ginger ale in the bathroom, along with plenty of TP, flushable wipes, ointment, clean clothes, towels, my phone, and some entertainment. You won't be able to leave the bathroom for awhile, 75 min for me. 4. Prepare somewhere to rest close to bathroom. I didn't have any "accidents" but was less anxious about them since I had towels and old blankets on the bed"

Pat G. (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Suprep is far easier than the jug of prep I had 10 years ago! First dose at 6 p.m. No way to expect this to taste "good." It's medicine. It's unpleasant, but not impossible. Things kicked in around 6:45-ish and didn't slow down until 9:00-ish. I was in bed at 10 and got 6 hours of decent sleep. Second dose at 5:45 a.m. Harder to get down. Felt nauseous and had to use "mind over matter" to get it all down. Felt bloated with some cramping and gas after drinking all the water. 2nd dose kicked in around 6:15 a.m and slowed around 8:00. I was able to check in for my procedure at 10:45 a.m. with no "accidents" on the way there. It works, but it's not "fun." Plan to camp in the bathroom, prepare mentally, and consider yourself cleansed!"

Onthewing April 7, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I wish I'd known this page was here before I started this ordeal. I was instructed to drink a bottle of magnesium citrate the evening before. Then around 10 AM I drank the first bottle of Suprep, mixed with water. After the first couple of swallows, I couldn't hack the taste, and started to chase it with (pulp-free) orange juice. I thought it tasted rather like toxic waste not quite camouflaged with chemical cherry flavor. I got it all down, and trips to the WC lasted about five hours. At first, it was every 3-5 minutes, then less often. It was like liquid fire. There was no color anymore in what I was expelling, and I made the executive decision not to drink the second bottle. My poor bum!"

Frasier Bunzoff (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Wow! This prep so much better than Golytely prep from 8 yrs ago. 3 days prior to procedure started Low Residue Diet - reduced amount eaten on day 2 prior - this significantly reduces out put and discomfort. Only clear liquids day prior (no light breakfast). Read Suprep reviews - poured prep out over 3 small ice cubes and use chilled water - chugged in 2 gulps (breathed thru mouth between gulps - reduces taste) then immediately sucked on a sour piece hard candy - minimizes after taste. Within 15 min consumed 32 oz room temp water - the faster this all goes in the faster it comes out - less potty time. Same for early (3am) prep. No nausea/vomiting, no cramping, no headache, only slight chill in am. Absolutely best prep!"

Bum blebee (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This stuff is pure poison and has nearly killed me! Tastes horrible the first go round and you start vomiting on the second bottle. I only used half of the second bottle and diluted it with water but couldn't even finish that. Drank more water and had to sit on the toilet all night. Four days later I'm still unable to eat anything and having diarrhea! ! NEVER AGAIN! I will die first. Whoever created this stuff should be forced to drink a gallon of it and see how wonderful they feel. I've taken Golitely before. It was awful but I felt MUCH better the next day. Four days of agony and I can still barely function. No colon cancer but this stuff just may kill me anyway. I am a 67 year old woman who is 5'5" and weighs 150. Dosage is too much for me"

Glitter1949 April 3, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "So... I hate this stuff. This morning I took the second bottle. It stayed down for about 30 minutes before I projectile vomited all of it into the toilet (which is where it would have ended up anyways I guess). I called my doc and they said to just drink water for a while. I hate nausea more than anything. I get kidney stones on a regular basis, and I would rather deal with screaming kidneys than nausea. So this was particularly awful for me. However if you don't mind an upset stomach for a couple hours then it might not be so bad. The taste is horrific but it is definitely effective in clearing out the colon. My colonoscopy is in an hour. I bought a pizza and ice cream for when I get back to make myself feel better about this experience."

Spammy J (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Tastes gross, definitely chill it first. Also, taking sips of ginger ale after each gulp helps. Felt a little nauseous at first, that subsided, not as quickly in round 2. Took about 15 mins to kick in the 1st round, 10 for round 2. Round 2 in progress. Seems to be rooting the roto as promised."

Lil' Pooper (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Currently on my first dose of Suprep. I should mention, I'm 20 years old and otherwise very healthy, I drank the whole first bottle with water in about 10 minutes at 6 pm. The taste was honestly horrific, I almost puked it up every time I sipped on it (so I finally just chugged it). I think I'm going to dilute the second dose with more water because it was so salty I wanted to vomit. It's now 7:25 pm and I've gone at least 15 times. Everything is running clear already so I really don't want to do the second dose in the morning... But alas, it is what it is. I've been ridiculously nauseous since I first drank it, been trying to keep up with my water intake but have come close to vomiting several times so I'm trying to take it slow."

Spammy J (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Hate to admit, that at 61, this is a first for me. Took the suprep and water mix at 5 pm. Within half hour or so, things started happening. Thought the drink itself was not that bad....kind of a salty seven up taste to me. Drinking the two 16 oz glasses of water in an hour afterwards was tough...left me a little bloaty and cold with shivers and goosebumps. Overall, not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Round two starts around10:15 am for 2:15 check in."

First Timer 61 March 31, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This isn't as bad as what some others have described it to be. The medicine tastes like diluted cough syrup and doesn't taste very awful. You have to drink a lot of water within the next hour so that made me a bit nauseous. I made sure to take it slow for my second bottle. Each suprep drink made me stay in the toilet for about 3 hours. So get your movie(s) ready. Use wet toilet sheets and wipe prep H / diaper rash cream to keep your butt from getting sore."

rachelrj March 26, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Do NOT use Suprep unless your doctor scales the dosage for your weight. I weigh about 130 pounds, but was prescribed the typical two 6-oz bottles dosage. First round went OK; started going about 20 minutes after finishing the dose. Then it was off and on the toilet all the way to 8:15, so I only had about 45 min. break before starting the 2nd dose. Then all hell broke loose. First toilet run started about 30 min after 2nd dose. Then I got hit with waves of nausea, and finally projectile vomiting at the same time as expelling through rectum. Including vomiting blood, which doctor said was due to esophagus tear from violent vomiting. Nurse said they should never prescribe same amount of fluid for 130 lb person as someone twice my size"

Steve7171717 (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I have just taken the first dose this evening. Very effective after 45 minutes I was on the toilet probably every 10 minutes. After two hours from initial dose the trips are minimized to about once per 30 minutes. The taste is what it is and if you care about your health you'll "suck it up buttercup." Seriously, it isn't that bad and I am sure that they did the best that they could to mask those medicines that are necessary to move your bowels. My next dose is at 6:00 A.M. tomorrow as my procedure is scheduled for 1:00 P.M. So other than being hungry, I'll pull through in the hopes that I can claim a clean bill of colon health."

PoopySnoopy (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I used suprep prior to colonoscopy on 2/23/16. The taste was allright, but for the next 12 hours the cramping was unbearable.Unable to sleep, wanted to die. Talk to your Dr. about this. For me, this prep was enough to make up my mind to never have another colonoscopy."

alfonso3 (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "After years of having to drink a gallon or so of GOLYTELY for a colonoscopy this was like drinking in a little bit of heaven. I swear! The GOLYTELY was a product that probably made people ignore the need for the procedure. SUPREP is so easy to take! I think the cool water is the key along with drinking it fast (don't even think about sipping it). I was surprised it didnt leave an awful taste in my mouth either."

ginarella March 14, 2016

For Bowel Preparation ""Took prep kit as recommended. Made sure the bottles were in the fridge overnight. Drank with cold water and a big straw. Made sure I was thirsty. Held my nose too. While mixture is not the best tasting, it is at least drinkable. Followed the prep with 32oz of water right away. Sucked on a lemon. Helped a tad to get rid of the taste. Bowel movement began within 45 mins of completing both preps and lasted for about 1.5-2hrs.""

Anonymous March 13, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This was the most terrible thing I've ever had to try and drink. It made me very nauseous. I violently vomited up the whole first bottle mixed with water after trying very hard to drink it. After that, every time I would try and take a swallow I would throw up. Luckily the on call MD gave me an anti-emetic for nausea and another prep called Prepopik. It was the best and tasted like Tang. Worked like a charm. I will never ever try Suprep again. It tasted like a horrible cough syrup. Just could not keep it down no matter how hard I tried."

DMat March 12, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This stuff is the worst!!! It's disgusting!! Took 1st dose at four today within a few moments of drinking it about half way through I started vomiting some...I take 2nd dose at midnight, not sure I will be able to get it down let alone hold it down. Surely it doesn't have to taste so horrible just because it's a bowel prep. The taste is awful and gross, it's very salty and well NASTY!!! It did work within ten minutes and I sit for two hours off and on and the sounds my stomach made was unbelievable!!"

Just Horrible March 11, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "The best way to drink this is to just hold your nose and swallow. You won't taste much of anything. I'm still waiting for it to kick in 20 minutes in. I'll keep you all updated"

Big Ruff March 10, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Although I haven't tried SuPrep yet, here is my plan of attack after reading many reviews. One, eat lightly several days prior to and in addition to the liquid diet the day of drinking the first bottle, avoid anything acidic. It will make it easier for your system to clear out. Two, mix the product in a 16 oz water bottle as drinking from a straw is too slow. Chug it as quickly as possible and plug your nose with a swimmers nose clip if you have one. Three, pace yourself with the additional water you must follow up with in the next hour following the prep. Four, and most importantly, use a plastic squeeze bottle filled with warm water to rinse your bum and let it air dry or dry with soft cloth. Wipes and toilet paper will irritate you."

Colon Bowel March 10, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I am having my first colonoscopy tomorrow at the age of 21 so I was very nervous about the prep for this. As absolutely awful as the suprep tastes, the prep is no where near as bad as I expected. It kicked in about 20 minutes after the first awful batch. Which tastes like you took Marciano cherry juice and dumped a half a cup of salt in it and drank it. GROSS. But I went twice in about 30 minutes then I would think I was done and I'd start walking and it would hit me again. It really hits you like a ton of bricks when you gotta go. But I went about 10 times and now I'm only going about a half hour at a time. I started crampy and bloated. Drinking all the water and that taste made me a bit nauseous but it went away after a couple minutes."

Nasty taste (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I cannot stand the taste, just took the first prep and threw up a little bit of it. To me it tastes like someone took a bunch of menthol cough drops and liquified them. It did start working within 30 minutes though. I hope I can swallow the next batch without getting sick, it makes me very nauseous to drink."

sdfsdfsdfdsf March 9, 2016

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next

More about Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Other formulations