User Reviews for Belviq

Learn more about Belviq.

Belviq review summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 54 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Belviq to treat Weight Loss

Review by janenower (taken for less than 1 month):

I wanted so badly to stay on this medication but after the second day I had to stop it. I had muscle aches, tired, and was still hungry. I also have tinnitus and it made it the noise in my ears so bad that I couldn't stand it. I stopped taking it and wondering if any of these symptoms subside as time goes on.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 28, 2014 11:53 PM

Review by BigBilky (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I started taking it after my weight got up to 303 pounds. I'm 6'4" and have put on about 50 pounds over the past 10 years. I have taken it for two months and am down to 287 pounds. It took about two weeks to notice a difference in appetite but once it kicked in it really kicked in. The only side effect is ocassionally feeling nauseous but it doesn't bother me.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 27, 2014 5:08 PM

Review by Yecart81 (taken for less than 1 month):

I have a sleep eating problem and hypothyroidism, so I struggle and have gone from 130 pounds to 172 pounds over the past 7 years but I am 5'2". That's a problem plus I recently turned the big 50. I can eat 20 salads or 20 cheese burgers and the scale doesn't move. I have only taken the pill for 7 days and have lost 3 pounds which is huge. I have zero side effects, no cravings and no night grazing. I think I finally found the help I needed in order to stay motivate to a healthy diet and life style. Couldn't be more pleasantly surprised and satisfied that this will change my life.

August 26, 2014 8:37 PM

Review by disappointed123 (taken for less than 1 month):

I tried the free 2 week supply of Belviq. I did not notice a thing. It did not curve my appetite. I kept waiting but I did not lose any weight. It costs over 200 dollars for 30 day supply.

August 24, 2014 8:57 PM

Review by ebeth76 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I started Belviq on the 17th of June. Within 2 days I felt a huge reduction in my appetite. I started losing weight almost immediately, lost 8. Lbs in the following 2 weeks. I was still drinking a lot of wine, and noticed my weight loss slow dramatically. I was still losing, but only 2 lbs were lost the next two weeks. I cut out wine completely July 20th, started losing rapidly again. As of today I am down a total of 25 lbs. I started at 180 lbs. (eek!) And today I am a 155. My blood pressure is way down and I don't crave wine at all. The only side effect is bladder pressure, very uncomfortable, feels like a urinary tract infection coming on, but isn't. I felt it when I first started and any time I take a few days break and restart. It goes away in a day.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 20, 2014 10:19 PM

Review by Flava:

I started Belviq on July 24 and in 10 days lost 10 pounds. I drastically changed my eating habits though, you must put in some work for the pill to work, I honestly do not believe though, that even with the change of eating, I would have lost that much in 10 days (I did not exercise in those 10 days). Side effects - I had the worst headache for about 3 days, I just popped some aspirin and eventually the headaches stopped. The one side effect that I did have that I eventually led me to stop taking Beliviq is the tiredness! It was so bad, that I chose not to take the pill anymore (stopped on August 1) and try to do this on my own, and so far so good. As of today August 20 I am down 13 pounds! Outside of that, I HIGHLY recommend it!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 20, 2014 2:06 PM

Review by Cincyhuffster (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Started 15-day free trial July 1, 2014 weighing 263. Got first full-month Belviq prescription July 15 and had first post-medicine weigh-in on August 14, weighing 247. So I lost about 2.5 pounds a week for a total of 16 pounds. Enjoying feeling like a "normal" person who can have ice cream in the freezer and not think about eating it constantly. Since I've lost 5% of my initial weight, I'm a "responder" and should qualify to continue taking Belviq beyond 90 days.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 14, 2014 12:43 PM

Review by mne2627 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Was on Qsymia first had to stop in less than 3 weeks due to side effects while driving but lost 9 pounds. On Belviq for 6 weeks, no side effects really watching diet and exercise but have not lost an ounce.

August 11, 2014 3:25 PM

Review by Celeste Atlanta:

This medicine really works for me. I lost 15 pounds in one month. Less cravings for sugar or snacks. Eating two protein shakes for breakfast and lunch (Medifast and/or Isagenyx) and a lean meat and green salad for dinner. Low carbohydrates and fat diet in general, plenty of veggies and lean meat or eggs. 30 mins of aerobic exercise a day. Like someone said, it's will power in a pill. The only side effect was a headache the first two days and Advil took care of it. I'm naturally a relaxed and happy person, but I do feel a general wellbeing and sleep better. I also felt a little more distracted than usual for a couple days at the beginning but after that nothing else. If you want to lose weight and feel better, try Belviq. Good luck to all!

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2014 3:48 PM

Review by DANDYJO2014 (taken for less than 1 month):

I just got a 5 month script after finally trying the 2 week trial. I have fibromyalgia and wanted to make sure I waited an appropriate amount of time between taking this and any other meds I had been. In 14 days I went from 195 to 182lbs. The only side effect I experienced was minor headache and sleepiness which has now subsided. I feel amazing. Insurance won't cover but I did receive help from Belviq with cost. I will pay for my future health!

August 5, 2014 11:09 AM

Review by Bob Kewarson Melville,Ny (taken for 1 to 6 months):

6 foot male 210 pounds three months 180 pounds zero side effects. Great product.

August 5, 2014 8:08 AM

Review by Irish1Too:

I'm almost to the end of the 15 day free trial of Belviq. I had headaches and dry mouth. Wasn't seeing any weight loss. I actually gained 4 pounds and I was eating a very healthy low-Cal diet. I wasn't hungry and lost all cravings, which made the new food plan so easy. Then I started having an urge to urinate frequently that was painful and bothersome. It is a side effect. I called my Dr.and I came in to give a sample. Totally normal. It was the pills. I hadn't taken any pills that day but I drank about a gallon of water. I started to feel better. It was the water. I'm back on the pills, drink a gallon of water a day, and I've lost 8 pounds. I'm happy with that. No side effects at this time. New prescription ordered.

August 2, 2014 8:40 PM

Review by Chris from DFW:

90 day update. Down from 245 to 213. Headed south to 200. No more XXL shirts and I lost 3 knotches on my belt. Blood Pressure down to safe levels. Was 190/125. Good Luck. Hopefully, if more people hear about this, the price will come down.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 30, 2014 4:19 PM

Review by The New Me! (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I'm pretty excited. My dress size is down from an 8 to a 4 after about 8 months on Belviq. Yes I am exercising daily. My eating habits have changed for the better. I think that is how it works. You forget to eat and when you do eat you eat less. You get used to eating less and better, healthier foods seem to fill you up more than before. I have now new eating and exercising habits so yes, this is the new me. I hope this helps others as much as it has helped me!

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2014 10:59 PM

Review by Betsyanne01:

I have been on Belviq for 8 days now. The first 3-4 days I had headaches and a slight pounding in my ears. I do feel like I'm a little more forgetful than usual but nothing extreme. I just make myself a list so nothing slips by. My joints are a little sore but again nothing extreme. My starting weight was 176.8 and 8 days later I'm 171.2. I haven't changed my eating habits as far as what I eat but I'm eating a portion of what I would normally eat. My "obsession" for food has pretty much gone away. I can get through an entire day without having cravings. So far the results compared to the slight side effects are so worth it for me! My Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance covers 65% of the monthly cost so my monthly portion is $71.00.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2014 5:52 PM

Review by Kidsallgone (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I am a 61 yr old, 5'3" female that started the 2 week trial on April 15, 2014 at 237 pounds. If I had any initial side effects I don't recall them, so I must have had none or they were too mild to even mention. I don't have any side effects now which is a little over 3 months since I started. I lost 10 pounds during the 2 week (free) trial so I was impressed and definitely ready to continue! I got a $75/month card (credit) from the pill company so that was a plus. I still have to pay $163/mth. My insurance does not cover it. They would rather pay for my cholesterol and blood pressure meds. So as of today, July 18, 2014, I have gone from 237 to 210lbs. Not too bad with 27 pounds gone with no side effects and no exercise. Loving the results!

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 18, 2014 2:42 PM

Review by CDB1 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

1 month 4 days on Belviq and lost 20 lbs, 195 to 175. Amazing because I have travelled and gone to several parties during this time. I'm strictly following the "every other day" diet. Belviq makes it much easier to follow. I plan to continue on Belviq until goal, 135, another 40lb, then discuss maintenance with my doctor. Good luck to all!

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 16, 2014 7:09 AM

Review by Lashonda Johnson Memphis (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I was fat until about nine months ago. Now I am chunky but weigh sixty three pounds less. Start 229 pounds now 166 pounds. Just started the stationary bike and look forward to getting to 148lbs and that is livable. My blood work and other issues are starting to make good progress. I would like to recommend this to the yo yo dieters. No side effects except a little dry mouth.

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 14, 2014 6:28 PM

Review by Uncutcrayon (taken for less than 1 month):

Worked great but it also worked on smoking when I took the pill in the morning I didn't crave, think about, or smoke a cigarette! I took the pill at 7 am and knew when it wore off at around 2pm because I would start craving a cigarette. I only had a trial for three days and would like to try it again because I really hate smoking and this pill work wonders in the smoking department! Also worked for food cravings and when I did eat I ate half of what I normally would!

July 12, 2014 10:31 PM

Review by Katrina F (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Another update: Another month gone and I am maintaining the 31 pound weight loss I had with Belviq. As I mentioned in the last update, I've taken 5 mg (that's one half of one pill) every afternoon since I hit goal. I don't want to go off completely for two reasons. One is that with the reduced dose, while I still feel the effects of reduced appetite and cravings, and not thinking much about food, I do have to put slightly more effort into staying on track. Not a lot, just a little, but I can tell the difference. I think 5 mg is just right for maintenance. Secondly, the good side effects, first and foremost no hot flashes, feeling nice and cool all day and night, sleeping better, and lower heart rate and b/p. Great stuff! So grateful for it!

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2014 11:02 PM

Review by JoJo in WV (taken for less than 1 month):

I started one week ago taking 2 per day as prescribed but forgot 2 days to take second dose at work, so last 4 days only taking 10mg in morning. Not hungry at all. Eating mostly Paleo diet, some cardio exercise, and have lost 6.9 pounds in last 1 week. I am very impressed! Slight headache, dizziness, "high" feeling first few days, but have gone away.

July 11, 2014 11:30 AM

Review by MatthewForacre (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I discussed this medication with my doctor after a friends good experience. Docs concern was that I would gain it back when off the medication but agreed to write it if I could show him I was implementing the necessary life style changes to maintain a healthy weight. He recommended the lose it app to monitor my calories, that alone was enlightening. I found I was at my daily calorie limit before lunch due to some bad choices, fast food breakfast and lunch, by dinner and snacks I was off the charts -found I was eating over 5000 calories a day. I could not have done it without Belviq, I find I eat now for energy and have a choice to eat the best energy. Willpower pill.

July 5, 2014 8:19 PM

Review by Kassy114:

Today marks 1 month on Belviq and freedom from 24 pounds of fat! I am 5 feet 5 inches tall, 50 year old female and started at 220 lbs. The first 24 pounds came off in the first 3 weeks. The weight loss seems to have slowed down this past week but I'm OK with that as I figured I could not continue to lose at that rapid pace. As for side effects, I did have a slight headache for the first two days but nothing Tylenol didn't handle quickly. The other issue I'm having is a very annoying cough. I read where that is a side effect for people with diabetes, which I do NOT have. I am assuming the cough is from the pills but it is possible that I have a cold or allergy.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 1, 2014 2:21 PM

Review by CBD1:

Lost 9 lbs first week using every-other-day diet 5'9, 195, female, 52. Second week I was on vacation in the gastronomical capital of the world, Paris. Went off diet and enjoyed pastries, sauces, etc, but in smaller quantities. Gained only 2 lbs. I am back home and restarting EOD diet, am very optimistic. A good example of how it works. When I order Japanese food, usually get a sushi deluxe and finish most of it. On Belviq, I can eat only half. It essentially cuts your appetite. Amazing.

June 30, 2014 5:35 PM

Review by heather in mass:

Been exactly a month using and I've lost 14 lbs. Have had little time to exercise so I'm hoping to start soon with the nicer weather. Side effects at beginning were dry mouth and back ache. None now, so from 216 to 202lbs. Goal is 170lbs.

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 28, 2014 2:10 PM