User Reviews for Belviq

Learn more about Belviq.

Belviq Rating Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 45 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Belviq to treat Weight Loss

"So far it is working, very well. It is curbing my desire to reach for more than one portion at a time. It is allowing me to eat less and think twice about what I am consuming. The fatigue is present, but you have to consider the drop in food intake and the medication. I am doing the atkins diet, taking supplements and exercising when I am able too. Headaches disappeared after the first day. Definitely worth it for me. Print out the coupon it will help to offset the expense of the medication."

Alisha77 May 25, 2016

"I am a 52 year old that had a 38 pound weight gain in 13 months (menopausal). Had to start a second blood pressure med and have terrible joint pain from all that extra weight.I started Belviq last week but stopped after 3 days. The second day, I had a very bad headache that wouldnt go away. I have migraines and chronic headaches so I think I have a high tolerance but this was pretty bad. I got through the headache and was relieved it ended. But then I had the worst fatigue and felt horrendous when I was in work. Going to try to start one pill a day again."

Skyflyer63 May 24, 2016

"I gotten belviq free trail last year and I'm glad I did the cost of them are very expensive my experience with these pills was in minutes got a bad headaches and feeling very tied yawning a whole lot I wouldn't recommend these pills to no one "

Cytherea 50 May 17, 2016

"I started Belviq 10mg 2x daily yesterday ( May 14th 2016) I have battled my weight since my hysterectomy three years ago. I was 177 last month now I am back at 181. I will check in weekly to update my progress. I am very optimistic about Belviq. I did start a new eating habit of 1200 calories a day , I have found this way easier than counting carbs. I use an app on my phone it keeps up with everything. I am very tired and felt very dizzy yesterday but today is much better. I take vyvanse for my ADD so this may help even out the fatigue."

Juls1979 May 16, 2016

"Started taking belviq on May 5 weighing in at 262 lbs. Today is May 13 and I'm at 255 lbs. Totally suppresses my appetite and I have no cravings for sweets. I'm drinking a lot of water and walking daily. Feeling great! Totally recommend this drug"

Sunshine 321 (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2016

"Started May 4th, at 165 lbs and I am 5'3 and today, May 9th i am at 158. Two pills a day, no more late night cravings, smaller portions at every meal, eating a lot of salads, not craving carbs as much or sweets. Great medicine"

tsmit6969 (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2016

"I started this med today I'm 177# and 5'2" I will check in after the 3 months I was told to take it! I'm excited even though I have read through all your post about sideffects. I'm prepared with ibuprofen and lots of water starting today lol"

Janvill (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2016

"Began the free trial and took Belviq for 2 full weeks. No weight loss at all not even a pound!Made me feel very tired and irritable. Had trouble waking up in the morning. Had dull headache and constipation. I would highly recommend utilizing the free trial first This medicine can be very costly."

This product does not work! (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2016

"The first week on the pill was terrible. I had bad headaches and general sick to the stomach feeling, then it subsided. I was never hungry the whole time but so tired. This pill made me feel drained sun up to sun down. I couldn't bring myself to exercise the way I wanted because of the fatigue. I didn't continue Belviq after the first month due to the tired feeling. I'm sure I could have lost much more weight if not for the fatigue."

Nancy Mae May 5, 2016

"I am been on Belviq for almost a year. Immediately upon starting the medication I notice a difference. I didn't have much of an appetite. I have lost 85 pounds so far. It's expensive but my health is priceless so I made other adjustments to be able to afford the medication. With a reduced diet and exercise everyone should get results."

Mz Jeffery May 2, 2016

"I was diagnosed with a disorder that essentially makes me never feel full after eating and always hungry. I am a very healthy eater. High protein, lots of veggies, some fruit, huge water drinker, no sugar and alcohol on occasion. Despite the good eating and the consistent activity of being a mom of 3 kids, I am about 70 pounds overweight. The first day of taking this medication, I did not feel hungry all day long. I actually had to remind myself to eat for the first time in my life. Since this is week one, I can't report on weight loss. So far I am having a pretty bad headache that is consistent. I'm also having a few strange hot flashes. However, I'm sleeping better. I have to agree that the cost is outrageous. Time will tell. "

Moomay35 April 29, 2016

"I love Belviq! I had been exercising and eating healthy on my own and had lost 185 pounds! Well, my MS caught up with me and I wasn't able to exercise anymore! 60 pounds came back on in 8 months! I decided to try Belviq and it has killed my appetite! I have to force myself to eat even though I am back to exercising 5-6 times a week! When I eat, I am not reaching for cokes and junk food anymore. I want water and fruit instead!"

Sony65 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2016

"I have been taking belviq for about 3wks & have not seen any results nor does it suppress my appetite "

Wandab0213 April 27, 2016

"I LOVE Belviq! I am just starting my 4th week and have lost 13 lbs but more important I have lost a total of 10 1/2 inches from chest, waist and hips. I feel better, I look better and best of all...no side effects!!! Belviq has helped me curb all my cravings! I have cut out pop, sugar, fast food and most dairy. When I do eat, I am very satisfied on very little. My daily calorie intake is 1200 or below. Now I just need to find time to exercise. Oh and one good side effect is that I sleep like a baby!!! And maybe it does make me a little thirsty but that's okay cuz water is so important to weighthe loss. I try to drink at least 80 oz of water a day. Did I mention I LOVE Belviq? Well I really do! Looking forward to losing 50 more lbs!"

Cinderella45 (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2016

"I've been taking Belviq for 1 week, I haven't lost any weight yet. I do believe it's helping me not crave sweets! I have a major sweet tooth & after 1 day on Belviq I have had no cravings for the sweets. I do have dry mouth so drinking a lot of water which is a +! Also I'm very tired, it's all I can do to get through work. Hoping I start to feel better, I can't take much more of this tiredness. I hope I start seeing the scale go down."

nancyncraig April 23, 2016

"My doctor prescribed Belviq for me because I wanted to lose weight and I already follow a healthy lifestyle. I'm 59 years old, eat a lowfat diet filled with fresh vegetables and lots of protein. I also work out at the gym 4 days a week including weight training. I used Belviq for over 2 months and didn't lose a single ounce! Frustrated? No. Angry! This medication was very expensive and gave absolutely no results. I would definately not recommend this to others. A complete waste of my money!"

Kathybowles12 April 12, 2016

"6 weeks so far taking this I've lost total of 21 pounds so far. Very satisfied with this I have absolutely no side effects. Can't wait too see what the upcoming weeks bring :)"

Babygurl10578 April 9, 2016

"Started taking Belviq on March 26 (going to be 2 weeks on April 9) No weight loss at all or supressed appetite. Cause horrible migraine for 48 hours straight. Besides that does not affect me in any other way."

BussinessWomanandMom April 6, 2016

"I started taking Belviq March 28, 2016. It has been just about a week now. I would suggest that you go with the 15-day free trial before you consider purchasing this product. It hasn't worked for me at all, in fact I almost feel like I'm taking a placebo. I haven't noticed any change in my appetite other than being just as hungry or hungrier. I'm not really sure how it's supposed to work, I just know that isn't working. I purchased the 30-day supply so I'm going to keep taking it until I finished all of the medication, but I doubt very seriously that I'll be reordering. Maybe by some miracle something will happen after 2 or 3 weeks. I'm very disappointed because I really want to lose weight and I don't want to have surgery."

LaShonda Allen (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2016

"I have been on belviq for a month now- no change in appetite at all & I have gained weight. I am tired all the time & get awful headaches. How can I exercise & eat right if I am so tired I can't get out of bed? So far a big waste of money."

Patty12 March 31, 2016

"I've been taking Belviq since March7,2016 and today is the March 30th I've lost a total of 12 pounds, had no side effects what so ever. I love Belviq it's changing my life . I'm also working out 3x's a week and "TRYING" to eat better .Yet it's expensive but I look at it like this I would pay a lot of money on fast food so I might is well use my money on something that's helping me change my life."

Keke1028 March 31, 2016

"I've been taking it for about 6 weeks. I've lost 7 lbs so fast. The fatigue is awful though. Yes, I'm finally sleeping all night, but I'm still tired all day. I'm going to continue to take it as long as I keep seeing the weight drop. It's not going to make you drop 10 lbs a week. You also have to be in the right mindset to be ready to eat better also."

Jarnold80 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2016

"I had the same appetite and weight that I had when I didn't use belviq. It is expensive and it didnt work at all for me, I was still hungry just like before. I don't recommend it"

innishez March 29, 2016

"Just started belviq 1.5 weeks ago. No changes for the positive yet. Never been so exhausted in my life, if the fatigue continues this bad I will stop taking med."

Patty12 March 15, 2016

"Lost 62 pounds in about 8 months, and it's still coming off. No side effects. I'm ecstatic. Note: it took a little over a month before I saw results. Two pills a day (I suggest 30 minutes prior to meals). Get full blood work and cardio first, blood rechecks quarterly. I now feel much fuller with smaller portions. Folks, diet is probably 90% of weight loss! Choose a small subset of low cal, filling foods and stick with those. Rotate when burned out. Egg whites, poultry are a staple for me. Eliminate all breads and sugar! Drink water. On the fence? Remember, obesity kills. Use "myfitnesspal" app or similar and record everything that goes into your mouth. Bottom line: for me, I'm less of a man than I was months ago - and I'm happy about that!!"

CaliforniaG (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 14, 2016