User Reviews for Belviq

Learn more about Belviq.

Belviq Rating Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 45 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Belviq to treat Weight Loss

"I was diagnosed with a disorder that essentially makes me never feel full after eating and always hungry. I am a very healthy eater. High protein, lots of veggies, some fruit, huge water drinker, no sugar and alcohol on occasion. Despite the good eating and the consistent activity of being a mom of 3 kids, I am about 70 pounds overweight. The first day of taking this medication, I did not feel hungry all day long. I actually had to remind myself to eat for the first time in my life. Since this is week one, I can't report on weight loss. So far I am having a pretty bad headache that is consistent. I'm also having a few strange hot flashes. However, I'm sleeping better. I have to agree that the cost is outrageous. Time will tell. "

Moomay35 April 29, 2016

"I love Belviq! I had been exercising and eating healthy on my own and had lost 185 pounds! Well, my MS caught up with me and I wasn't able to exercise anymore! 60 pounds came back on in 8 months! I decided to try Belviq and it has killed my appetite! I have to force myself to eat even though I am back to exercising 5-6 times a week! When I eat, I am not reaching for cokes and junk food anymore. I want water and fruit instead!"

Sony65 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2016

"I have been taking belviq for about 3wks & have not seen any results nor does it suppress my appetite "

Wandab0213 April 27, 2016

"I LOVE Belviq! I am just starting my 4th week and have lost 13 lbs but more important I have lost a total of 10 1/2 inches from chest, waist and hips. I feel better, I look better and best of all...no side effects!!! Belviq has helped me curb all my cravings! I have cut out pop, sugar, fast food and most dairy. When I do eat, I am very satisfied on very little. My daily calorie intake is 1200 or below. Now I just need to find time to exercise. Oh and one good side effect is that I sleep like a baby!!! And maybe it does make me a little thirsty but that's okay cuz water is so important to weighthe loss. I try to drink at least 80 oz of water a day. Did I mention I LOVE Belviq? Well I really do! Looking forward to losing 50 more lbs!"

Cinderella45 (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2016

"I've been taking Belviq for 1 week, I haven't lost any weight yet. I do believe it's helping me not crave sweets! I have a major sweet tooth & after 1 day on Belviq I have had no cravings for the sweets. I do have dry mouth so drinking a lot of water which is a +! Also I'm very tired, it's all I can do to get through work. Hoping I start to feel better, I can't take much more of this tiredness. I hope I start seeing the scale go down."

nancyncraig April 23, 2016

"My doctor prescribed Belviq for me because I wanted to lose weight and I already follow a healthy lifestyle. I'm 59 years old, eat a lowfat diet filled with fresh vegetables and lots of protein. I also work out at the gym 4 days a week including weight training. I used Belviq for over 2 months and didn't lose a single ounce! Frustrated? No. Angry! This medication was very expensive and gave absolutely no results. I would definately not recommend this to others. A complete waste of my money!"

Kathybowles12 April 12, 2016

"6 weeks so far taking this I've lost total of 21 pounds so far. Very satisfied with this I have absolutely no side effects. Can't wait too see what the upcoming weeks bring :)"

Babygurl10578 April 9, 2016

"Started taking Belviq on March 26 (going to be 2 weeks on April 9) No weight loss at all or supressed appetite. Cause horrible migraine for 48 hours straight. Besides that does not affect me in any other way."

BussinessWomanandMom April 6, 2016

"I started taking Belviq March 28, 2016. It has been just about a week now. I would suggest that you go with the 15-day free trial before you consider purchasing this product. It hasn't worked for me at all, in fact I almost feel like I'm taking a placebo. I haven't noticed any change in my appetite other than being just as hungry or hungrier. I'm not really sure how it's supposed to work, I just know that isn't working. I purchased the 30-day supply so I'm going to keep taking it until I finished all of the medication, but I doubt very seriously that I'll be reordering. Maybe by some miracle something will happen after 2 or 3 weeks. I'm very disappointed because I really want to lose weight and I don't want to have surgery."

LaShonda Allen (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2016

"I have been on belviq for a month now- no change in appetite at all & I have gained weight. I am tired all the time & get awful headaches. How can I exercise & eat right if I am so tired I can't get out of bed? So far a big waste of money."

Patty12 March 31, 2016

"I've been taking Belviq since March7,2016 and today is the March 30th I've lost a total of 12 pounds, had no side effects what so ever. I love Belviq it's changing my life . I'm also working out 3x's a week and "TRYING" to eat better .Yet it's expensive but I look at it like this I would pay a lot of money on fast food so I might is well use my money on something that's helping me change my life."

Keke1028 March 31, 2016

"I've been taking it for about 6 weeks. I've lost 7 lbs so fast. The fatigue is awful though. Yes, I'm finally sleeping all night, but I'm still tired all day. I'm going to continue to take it as long as I keep seeing the weight drop. It's not going to make you drop 10 lbs a week. You also have to be in the right mindset to be ready to eat better also."

Jarnold80 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2016

"I had the same appetite and weight that I had when I didn't use belviq. It is expensive and it didnt work at all for me, I was still hungry just like before. I don't recommend it"

innishez March 29, 2016

"Just started belviq 1.5 weeks ago. No changes for the positive yet. Never been so exhausted in my life, if the fatigue continues this bad I will stop taking med."

Patty12 March 15, 2016

"Lost 62 pounds in about 8 months, and it's still coming off. No side effects. I'm ecstatic. Note: it took a little over a month before I saw results. Two pills a day (I suggest 30 minutes prior to meals). Get full blood work and cardio first, blood rechecks quarterly. I now feel much fuller with smaller portions. Folks, diet is probably 90% of weight loss! Choose a small subset of low cal, filling foods and stick with those. Rotate when burned out. Egg whites, poultry are a staple for me. Eliminate all breads and sugar! Drink water. On the fence? Remember, obesity kills. Use "myfitnesspal" app or similar and record everything that goes into your mouth. Bottom line: for me, I'm less of a man than I was months ago - and I'm happy about that!!"

CaliforniaG (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 14, 2016

"I am on my third day of Belviq. It seems to be working for suppressing my appetite. I read a lot of reviews before taking it and I have noticed some of the common side effects (not sure if it's just because I read it that I'm thinking I'm feeling it). I have had some dizziness, super thirsty, some heat flashes, tired... But I do like the fact that it suppresses my appetite. I've been eating healthier and working out a lot so I will weigh in two weeks. My start date was 3/10/16 at 217lbs."

Chelle99 (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2016

"Almost six weeks in...not one pound. The tiredness at first had me ready for bed about 3pm. I was exhausted. Mouth a bit dry, mild headaches, but they only lasted about a week. Very disappointed that working out seven days a week, being careful with portion size etc. showed no encouraging results."

Katycouv (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2016

"I have been on Belviq for 1 month and love it..The first week was hard, because I was put of it, had muscle aches, and just didn't feel right..After week 2 I felt great and now I have lost 20 lbs, which probably isn't healthy, but I had to force myself to eat..I noticed when I am hungry I am going to healthy foods rather than junk."

Loreee March 8, 2016

"This is my first day taking Belviq. I have noticed dizziness and I have been extremely thirsty drinking a lot of water. I will give it the 15 days to see what happens. Before starting Belviq, I did the green smoothie diet for 10 days and lost 13 pounds. I need to lose about 10-15 more pound to be in my right weight. I was obese, but now I am overweight according to the medical chart. We will continue taking it and see what the outcome is."

Baptized91 March 7, 2016

"My dr gave me the choice of two different weight loss medicines After reading the reviews for both of them I was a little worried about taking either. But after much research I decided on belviq. I started 1/1/16 and as of today(3/4/16). I have lost 20lbs. I have a lot more to lose but I am very pleased with my results and how effective belviq works. I have had absolutely NO side effects at all. Along with taking the medicine I use the ap my fitness pal to track my calorie intake. This ap is awesome and I highly recommended it. I workout usually 4-6 days a week. I have a bad knee so I am only able to do cardio on an elliptical for about 20-25 mins and then I lift for about 20-25 mins. So I am exercising but not more then a hour each night."

Lisa Woodv4v March 5, 2016

"So I will start my meds tom morning let's c what happens. I am 190lb I will recheck my weight in 2wks. Will keep you updated."

Mounuska13 March 2, 2016

"I just started belviq on Friday Feb 26 2016 side effects are headache and hour after I take it in morning's, and tiredness throughout most of the day hopefully this subsides, but I do feel as my hunger is being suppressed, I have to force myself to eat, but healthy, I'm going to keep at it a month and reevaluate when script is due , I will weigh myself in 2 weeks to see what's happening $77 without coupon , next time I will have my doctor prescribe 60 then the coupon will cover , I will keep u updated"

redheadtoo March 1, 2016

"I started Belviq on 1/26/16 today, 2/27/16 I am down 9 pounds. I started at 203 lbs and today I weigh 194 lbs, it works, but you have to work too. No side effects for me. My goal is 170 lbs by May 31st...that's only 24 lbs !"

Nancycd1961nj (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2016

"Even though I did lose about 4 pounds in almost 2 weeks.. I feel that was from my healthy eating and not the belviq. I was still hungry, extremely tired, and towards the end of my trial depressed. I wouldn't reccomend this product to anyone :("

928girl February 27, 2016

"This drug made me extremely tired and then the heartburn started after three weeks and I could not take any longer. Zero pounds lost in three weeks."

Liskay February 25, 2016