User Reviews for Belviq

Learn more about Belviq.

Belviq review summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 54 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Belviq to treat Weight Loss

Review by Ron Jacrossi Newark NJ (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

No longer in denial that I was really fat 5"10 217 pounder. High blood pressure and overweight will other factors on the horizon. My joints hurt and so did my back . Six months 58 pounds less medication,sleep well and had no real side effect. I no longer have joints that ache and my blood pressure medicine was lowered. Glad I got talked into trying this great medicine.

April 16, 2014 3:09 PM
Review by Nancy Sissine Jacksonville,FL (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

51 year old female 5"2 207 and pretty unhealthy. Last resort as I have tried a bunch of options except for surgery. Now the good bad and ugly I lost 56 pounds better blood work. Bad a little tired at first . Overall a great experience.

April 14, 2014 3:49 PM
Review by Smooshy:

Weight Loss Update: Meds=Phen 37.5mg/dy (2004)/Janumet 2/dy (2006). Belviq 20mg/dy start 10/2013 -5'5' female. START WT. 178lbs UPDATE as of 04/2014 *158lbs, TOTAL WT.LOSS to date= 20lbs. GOAL wt. 145lbs. No hunger, No side effects, No cravings, EKG & Echo 03/2014 perfect. Slow but steady loss! No insurance but I use $75 coupon so cost is $149/30days. LOVE THIS. Doctor loves it too! Telling all my friends in need. I am a Belviq success story. Will update again at goal weight!!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 8, 2014 7:04 PM
Review by 42 year old mom:

I started Belviq a week ago, I asked my doctor about it and she gave me the 15 day trial. I've lost 3.5 lbs in a week. My starting weight was 179.5 and today, I'm 176. It definitely helps to curve my appetite. I'm eating three healthy meals a day and I don't feel the need to snack in between, which is a big difference for me, I always would snack. I've decided to cut back on my carbs and increase my protein intake. This week I've exercised 3 times at 30 minutes each time. The only side effect I've had is a slight headache at times but it hasn't been bad, definitely worth it. After next week if I see additional results, I will ask my doctor for a prescription. My goal is to get to 145 lbs.

April 5, 2014 8:11 AM
Review by Sue G.: User Rating:

I now have been on this medication for 7 months, I have lost 40 Pounds and no longer have to take cholesterol lowering medicine. I sleep better, have NO hot flashes and feel I have my new lease on life. I'm wearing skinny jeans! The only side effect has been some increased thirst. I drink more water, not a bad thing either.

April 3, 2014 10:16 AM
Review by Katrina F. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Just checking back in. I've lost 25 pounds on Belviq. I have about 6 more pounds to go. I started in October. This med has been the best thing ever. The only side effects have been good ones--no more hot flashes, sleep better, no cravings, a normal relationship with food. I take only one a day, in the afternoon. I'm sure I'll keep taking it for maintenance, maybe a half pill a day. Since I've been on it, a number of co-workers have started on it too, and all are doing really well. It works, and it works so well!!

March 30, 2014 5:33 PM
Review by Fat Albert no more (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Five months 52 pounds, no cravings, great blood work and no bad side effects. 48 year old male, start 256 lbs now 204 lbs. No way the new me will go back to the fat me.

March 28, 2014 9:01 PM
Review by Tisha Silva NJ (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

My saving grace as I have lost 52 pounds. It works and now I can be free to exercise and regain my health. If you really are interested in getting good health, great sex and new sexy clothes. BELVIQ is your answer.

March 24, 2014 8:01 PM
Review by Anne Barett New Jersey (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Just a middle aged guy who thought that the tyre around my mid section was never going to go away. 6' and 274 pounds 48 male down 36.25 pounds and feel like the energy has come back in three months.

March 22, 2014 9:54 PM
Review by Susan Puppello Ct (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I am a 48 year old married mom of four 5"1 176 lbs. My doctor told me I needed to lose 20 lbs to start and eventually an additional 35 lbs to avoid high blood pressure as well diabetes. I have Medifasted, grapefruit diet, Weight Watchers with no success. I did many over the counter rip offs. This medicine works... four months, lost 26 pounds and I am going down the right road. Still have a way as to go but know I will win. I am not starved and eat well just make better choices easier then I ever thought this could be. This is a product that worked for me and should work for you.

March 18, 2014 11:13 PM
Review by Mike Perugini Chicago (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Nice portly Italian guy 5"8 210 that's what I told myself. Wake up call blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes all coming at me at once. My doctor has been trying to get me to lose weight but pasta is my best friend. Well seven months and 48 pounds later the new me is better off and healthier. I have avoided all cholesterol, blood pressure medicines and my metformin is at a lower dosage then before. Not a miracle pill but darn close.

March 17, 2014 5:41 AM
Review by Victoria_Patton (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I've been on Belviq for 7 weeks and have lost 17 lbs already! I have hypothyroidism so I have been unable to lose weight despite trying (and sticking with) pretty much every weight loss diet or supplement available. Belviq was a last resort and I am so glad I tried it. I did have some mild headaches the first few days and my brain seemed to be on overdrive. I actually had trouble sleeping initially although most reviewers say they slept better after trying Belviq. I am also doing the Fast Diet (5:2 diet) 2 non-consecutive days of the week so I do think that helps. I had been doing the Fast Diet 4 months prior to starting Belviq, but only was losing about a 1/2 lb a week.. so the Fast Diet is not very impressive on it's own.

March 15, 2014 10:55 PM
Review by Dree333: User Rating:

I've been on Belviq for 5 days. I'm taking it for thyroid related weight gain. I'm 39, 5'2", and 30 lbs overweight - diet and exercise have not worked. The first few days were rough. Severe dizziness, headaches, etc. In general, I could barely function, mostly because of the dizziness. Now at day 5, I'm feeling much better, no headaches, dizziness is greatly improved, etc. I have lost 1lb. in 5 days - this is impressive, as I was gaining 2 lbs weekly before Belviq. I don't have enough time on Belviq to give a real review, just wanted to say hang in there, the side effects will subside after a few days. Mine were bad, I wanted to stop taking it, luckily I stuck it out. I'm very excited about what Belviq can help me accomplish!

March 13, 2014 4:01 PM
Review by Al Divincenzo Rhode Island (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Simple, lost 32 pounds in four months. Never felt better.

March 12, 2014 9:39 PM
Review by John Corigan Mass (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Started out after Christmas 19.75lbs later. I am sold and yes is does stop snacking, drinking and helps with a lot of your blood work. I had my doubts but results are just nice. I am paying out of pocket but the savings in other areas and feeling healthy are worth every penny.

March 12, 2014 7:46 PM
Review by Bob Witkowski (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Having been a big boned guy all my life was fine when I was more active. Now I am 31, 44lbs overweight and wish I was much taller. Went on Belviq three months ago and just now starting exercise. Joints feeling better, beeter blood pressure and cholesterol better. It works fine 25 pounds down 25lbs to go. My doctor won't tell me if everyone gets these results but he just smiles and so do I. Now I look better on my wife's arm.

March 7, 2014 5:19 PM
Review by trying to stay healthy Diana (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been on Belviq for about six months with only brief mild headache as the only side effect. I was diabetic but my blood glucose has me off metformin as my sugar is very stable. Losing an average of seven pounds per month, I exercise sometimes. The best part is better sleep pattern, no cravings and now at my old high school weight is in sight. Not bad for a post menopause, hormone replacement, 52 year old lady. I feel very content and calm overall life is now what it should be.

February 23, 2014 11:42 PM
Review by justin345963246: User Rating:

I've been taking this for one week so far, it has no effect on my appetite. In fact I feel like I am MORE hungry

February 23, 2014 4:03 AM
Review by tbone641:

I took my first dose last night, sleep like a baby. Have a slight headache, and a little sleepy. Not much of in the way of hunger. Will post next week.

February 19, 2014 4:42 PM
Review by Curiously interested: User Rating:

I have been taking Belviq for 7 days. I've lost 6lbs. I feel hungry at random times but nothing ever looks good. Portions are really reduced. I had dry mouth first two days but no other side effects. I want to drink water all the time now and can't seem to finish an alcoholic drink. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome which makes weight loss ridiculously hard, this medication is a fantastic motivator.

February 14, 2014 7:56 PM
Review by Gabby01: User Rating:

Started 2/1. Today is 2/11 and I am down 7 lbs. Headaches first 48 hours plus some clumsiness. Still hungry but easy to ignore with no cravings. Portion sizes greatly reduced. It's like a door shuts when I've had enough. Absolutely no craving for alcohol. Split a beer with my husband at dinner and couldn't finish it! I can't believe in 10 days I've become that person who grabs an apple on my way out instead of a bag of chips. And I can't finish the apple either!

February 11, 2014 9:50 PM
Review by edimartino:

I have been on Belviq since July. 40 lbs lost and markers all better. Triglycerides went from 313 to 145. Sleep easily and only experienced mild headache in first two days. I otherwise feel normal except no cravings for sweets or alcohol. I should exercise but have not done my fair share. Insurance did not cover at first but saw savings and so now Aetna covers my script. I would have paid for it to add the years to my life. I now have six friends on Belviq and have heard no complaints but see happy folks losing pounds with and without exercise.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 5, 2014 10:14 PM
Review by KatrinaF (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Everyone's different and some folks won't need the 20 mg a day. This medicine makes you feel like you never had an issue with cravings. They are gone, 100%,. After a while you forget what it was to have cravings and you may think the medicine isn't really doing anything, but try skipping it for a day or two and it will all come back to you! I still want to eat, just not bad stuff or big portions. I get hungry, but never so much so that I can't make good choices. That's the beauty of it. I think it will have to be made available for maintenance, maybe a lower dose, not sure. I wish more doctors knew about it. So many people are missing out on something that could really help them.

February 5, 2014 9:54 PM
Review by Tiger Joseph: User Rating:

I have been taking Belviq for over 7 months now and I have lost 15.7% of my weight (250.8 Lbs to 211.4 Lbs). I am also a Type 2 Diabetic patient and my Humalog insulin intake is now reduced to 20 units a day from 100 units (80% intake reduction). My latest blood test on 01/23/2014 showed an 11.1% improvement in my Hemoglobin A1c 7.2% on 06/04/13 compared to 6.4% 01/23/14 which can be now labeled as pre-diabetic. Also, my Triglycerides showed a 24.8% improvement from 153 mg/dL to 115 mg/dL. I have no negative side effects whatsoever; all side effects have been positive and many thanks to Belviq for making this true after over 10 years being diagnosed with T2DM patient. My 80% reduction in insulin intake is nothing short of a miracle.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 2, 2014 7:04 AM
Review by Kimstrezz - 4 Months on Belviq: User Rating:

If there is such a thing as a "Miracle Pill", Belviq is it. For the first time ever, I DON'T have insane cravings. I now know what it's like to feel full! This is the tool that goes with the exercise and eating good foods that is my key to success. Past efforts were always ruined by an epic hunger binges. Those are gone now. I still get hungry, but NOTHING like it was in the past. Side effects: Dry mouth is real, but subsides after a couple of weeks to a degree. Dreams are initially *spectacularly* weird, but also subside. My insurance doesn't cover it, which horrifies me since this is saving my life and their long-term costs, but I will do what it takes to afford the $210 per month I'm paying.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 26, 2014 8:22 PM