User Reviews for Belviq

Learn more about Belviq.

Belviq Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 30 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Belviq to treat Weight Loss

"I have only been on Belviq for 1 week. I'm not sure if I have lost any weight yet. I am experiencing many side effects. Bad headache, slightly dizzy, very tired (napping almost daily), and stomach issues (heartburn & diarrhea). I'm giving it 6 weeks and then I will decide what to do. I'm hoping the side effects go away within another week."

gory (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2016

"Took Belviq two week trial was shocked started off at 216 went to doctor when two week trial was up I was 208. I drink plenty of water. An helped curve my appetite. Only thing was now can't get put on it because my insurance doesn't cover it and its too expensive."

Babygurl10578 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

"I've been taking belviq for six months. I've lost 42 pounds. At 5'6 I went from 220 to178. I'd like to loose that last 8. I combined Belviq with the Calorie counting app that allows you to enter daily foods and activities. It then provides a daily analysis and maintains all your records. Finally it grades you each day. Together I've had great success and feel so much better. Only side effect : dry mouth. I can live with that !"

Jillymichele (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 3, 2016

"I am 52 years old, 5'5 and weighed 183 pounds. Keeping my old eating habits and staying sedentary expecting this med to work netted a 5 lb loss over 3 months. So I quit. I restarted after a 6 month break with a new food & exercise plan. My weight is falling off this time! My learning is that this med is exponentially more effective if I take responsibility for getting off the sofa and spending more time & money in the produce dept. I'm down 10 lbs in the first 2 weeks back on it. I've found some great recipes for vegetables I never thought I'd eat. My appetite us suppressed enough that I'm perfectly satisfied with a 5 oz steak instead of my normal 16 oz. I recommend Belviq but only as a supplement to healthier eating and exercise."

Sillo January 29, 2016

"I began Belviq in August 2015. Overall I was very pleased with my results. I took it religiously for 3 months, and lost 30 pounds! The only side effect I experienced was weight loss. I had to make myself eat, and used My Fitness Pal to journal my nutrition/calories. I tried to stick to a 1000 to 1200 calorie limit, but most of the time I ate less. The down side to Belviq: just after I ordered anothe 3 month supply, it quit working altogether. I tried waiting a month, then trying again, unfortunately, it no longer worked for me...period. I was devastated. I have switched to another weight loss program, but too soon to see results."

Onamission (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 28, 2016

"I just started taking Belviq 7 days ago. So far I have not experienced any troublesome side effects. I will say that I have felt tired and in the first days I did have a slight headache. Other than that it's been easy. Also I started out at 255lbs and now am at 247lbs. So I guess it's working."

naeinhtown (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

"I've been taking Belviq for 6 months and have lost 43 lbs but I am also exercising by walking at least 2 days a week and watching what I eat. I have had no side affects. I feel for Belviq to work as you want and as efficiently as it can, you need to have not only exercise but the frame of mind to think things through when you are feeling hungry. Like why are you hungry? are you not hungry but bored? are you sitting around watching TV? I have eaten most anything I want but in portions I have learned after 6 months the amount of food that I know will fill me up so I don't get the feeling of full like I did in the beginning because I don't put large portions on my plate and I'm never hungry after a meal."

Anonymous January 19, 2016

"I've been using Belviq for a little over a month. I start on 12-9-15 at the weight of 277.4 and today on 1-16-2016 I have lost 13lbs total. I did have stall the second week taking the medication. I try to watch what I eat and how much I eat. I had no side effects of any kind I really do like this medication. It helps me to stop craving for foods I shouldn't have at all. My goal for the end of the year to drop down to 75lbs. Good luck to those who's giving the Belviq a try."

achiever (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

"I have been on Belviq for 6 months and have loss 50 lbs. I have a heart condition and can not exert my heart rate, so exercise is out. I'm counting carbs and drinking 1 protein shake a day(30 gms protein). I am off several meds now and feel soooooo much better. I am 72 years old and went from 226 to 176 and I feel like I have a new lease on life. I have had NO side effects My goal is to lose total of 75 lbs. My shortness of breath is much, much better and love watching the lbs disappear. This Belviq saved my life.Thank you Belviq."

jaxgirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 13, 2016

"I have been on Belviq for 3 days now and I was worried that I might not see any weight loss. I have joined the gym at work and I work out 3/4 days a week. After reading some of the positive responds, I am very hopeful that I will lose weight. I hope that I have a successful story as above, and not a story that I can not lose anything!. Just for the record I feel great taken 2 pills a day and I have not had any headache's at all, (I hope that it stays this way)."

Laura Smith (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2016

"I have been on Belviq 4 1/2 months and I have lost 61 pds. I have dropped down to 1 pill now because I do not want to get addicted to them. I did not give 10 stars because I want to make sure I do not get any long term side effects first. But Thanks Belviq I went from 320 to 258 and I feel so much better. I wish it was cheaper though."

Felecia Warner (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2016

"I have been on Belviq for 3 weeks, twice daily. Most side affects have gone away except I'm still tired a lot. I started @ 244, I'm now at 230. I walk 2 miles most days of the week and I watch my carb intake. It has greatly reduced my appetite where I almost forget to eat. I drink lots of water and drink a cup of hot green tea at bedtime."

Happy with Belviq (female) January 1, 2016

"I've been on the beviq for almost 4 months. Since day one I have not been hungry I was 265 now I'm 230lbs I'm so excited I don't excercise much it helps me a lot. "

Jackie180 December 23, 2015

"I started 5 days ago. The first 2 days I had dizziness and serious hunger pangs. I felt like I was more hungry than ever. The side affects are lessening..but not 100% gone. Sadly despite diet and exercise I have not lost 1 pound. I'll see how things go for a full 2 weeks before stopping."

Simplytps (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2015

"6 weeks into Belviq, and while I don't have the dreaded headache, I have not lost any weight at all, despite of dropping from 3 meals a day to 2, and giving up soda (diet or regular). I feel fine, sleep well, but weight exactly the same as I did before I started."

aimnorth (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2015

"Very disappointed. Have been on Belviq for more than 6 months. Was diagnosed with diabetes 3 years ago and lost 90 pounds by changing my diet and exercising. Still had more weight to loose, so I asked the doctor about Belviq. He started me on the drug. Not only did I not loose additional weight, I have actually gained 10 pounds since I began taking it. Nothing else has changed. Still eating the same foods in the same quantities."

Time-Traveler731 December 15, 2015

"Very depressed after 2 days. Didn't seem to have an impact on my appetite."

Anonymous December 3, 2015

"I've been on belviq for 2 weeks with the 14 day trial and at first I love it , loss 4 pounds the first week but the second week I'm not losing anything. I know it's not a miracle pill and weight loss takes time. I'll definitely be asking my doctor for a full month supply, I'll keep updating"

Enhanced beauty (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2015

"I started taking BELVIQ on 10/30/15 weighing 317 lbs. On 11/17/2015 I weighed 301 lbs. This is a life saver. My blood sugar level in am is averaging 85-120 when it use to be 175-250.The only side effects are dry mouth and constipation.You would think insurance companies would cover this medicine on your plan."

jmb328 November 17, 2015

"I have been on Belviq for eight months and have lost 59 pounds. Obviously my weight loss has been dramatic with little or no side effects. I am so pleased with the results of this medication."

Matt T. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 12, 2015

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have a seizure disorder and hypothyroidism and pre-diabetes. After just two doses had complete insomnia and horrible dizziness. Then a horrific headache. Maybe it was from my other meds or the seizure disorder but I can't take this medication."

Tbouth November 12, 2015

"Great medicine for weigh loss and helps control your appettite. No major side effects aside from really dry mouth and some constipation nothing serious. First two weeks lost 6 lbs now starting my first full month taking two pills a day. My cost was only 50 bucks...which my insurance covered some of the cost and I also used the savings card you can get online."

rr032002 November 12, 2015

"I have been on Belviq for now about 5 months. You have to lose a certain percentage by the first 6 months or your insurance wolnt cover it. I lost that amount in the first month! I am very guilty of over eating, but i never really ate too too much just too big portions. I also was skeptical of this because I felt as if I didnt eat when I was hungry I only ate because it was "lunch time" or "dinner time" I am a complete gym rat and have always been, but never got full results because of eating. I started Belviq at 202.1 lbs I now am 182.3 lbs and It only gets better with the day! I firmly believe this should be marketed more instead of surgeries and diet programs. This little blue pill really does change your mind. I don't even think of food"

JILLIAN12 November 8, 2015

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I started using Belviq 10/01/15 and I am down 15lbs, from 256. I have lost the cravings for sweets as well as increased my water intake, 90ozs. I am so excited and feel great. Also, I have enrolled in a fitness boot-camp and for the first time, I am not the weakest link."

Belviq User November 4, 2015

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I started Belviq on 10/10/2015 I was at 183 lbs, when I weighed in the following Saturday 10/17/2015 I weighed 176 , I very happy ! The next week I weighed in and I actually gained 2 lbs I was 178, today I weighed myself and I was back at 176, hopefully Saturday 10/31 I will weigh less. I get very thirsty so I drink a lot of water, the first week I worked out 3 times a week , just basic walk, run, walk jog etc. I started that again. The 2nd day I had a migraine, but I was also taking other meds for my cough, the 3rd day I was ok, no migraine just a slight headache. Right now the only thing I do feel is tiredness.Overall it's very good, I used to drink a large coffee every morning, now I take a few sips and lucky if I even drink half of it"

Abriella183 October 28, 2015