User Reviews for Belviq

Learn more about Belviq.

Belviq Review Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Belviq to treat Weight Loss

"I've been on B about 2 weeks and lost 5lbs. I'm not doing anything extreme diet wise...eating calories based on BMR and plan to exercise more regularly next week. I've had mild cough, fatigue and body aches but I hear it'll subside. It's worth it right now. I seem to have more awareness, self control and get full faster. I have hypo thyroid and losing weight was always hard for me even with crazy programs and costly supplements. For the first time in forever I feel in control of what I'm choosing! I know it will be a long journey but I'm ready."

Heavygirltrying (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2015

"I've been on Belviq since April 9th 2015. I'm down 20Lbs since then maybe more! This pill has been soo different for me it is teaching me not to pick and snack after I've had my meals. I really try and watch my carb intake and it's working. Also weight seems to come off slow and I guess thats a good thing!! Only side effect is coughing but it seems to be getting better!! I love it!!!"

Feelin good again! June 30, 2015

"I just started belvid today I took the pills at 9:30 Am after breakfast. I started to cough and I feel nauseous exactly after 2 hours. But I'm excited nothing that I can't tolerate. I don't feel hungry at all at least it is too soon to know. Need to mention that I plan to take one pill a day and in the afternoon I will be taking 2 veggies capsules of Leptiburn."

wannabe thin June 27, 2015

"I've been taking Belvique 2-1/2 months. Down 30 pounds and it keeps on coming off. I'm a believer. I took my time researching, and got full a full physical, cardio, and blood work first. The first 1-2 weeks didn't show any real results, but also, no side effects either. After 2 weeks, the weight started dropping and hasn't stopped. Still NO side effects. My advice: if you are significantly overweight, that weight may be more dangerous to you that the possible side effects of this. While taking, continue periodic check-ins with your doctor and get blood work (at least quarterly). Take multi-vitamins. You still need to choose the right foods, but this will help you feel full with reduced portion sizes. Also, use one of the fitness apps!"

Westcoaster50 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2015

"I am 5'4 and need to lose about 30lbs. I started Belviq about two weeks ago. I have had no side effects and the results of reducing my hunger have been great. The first week I lost nearly nothing but hopped on the scale this morning and I was nearly 5lbs down. I do think it is somewhat of a mind game so you must pay attention to your diet. For me the curbing the appetite was big since my problem with eating was never what I ate but more about how much I ate. I am tracking my diet on an app and it seems to be motivating to continue....My concerns are when I get off, will I just gain it all back?"

stellabee (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2015

"I see a lot of negative experiences on here. Fortunately, I won't add to those. This is day 8 after beginning Belviq, and I have lost 8 pounds!!!I started the RX as prescribed: twice a day, 12 hours apart. I have to make myself eat. When I do, I only eat a very small portion. My meals are only about 200 calories each, with 3 tiny snacks. I cut back on all sugar (even Splenda). **Cravings are non existent" I am 57, I have COPD, and 2 herniated discs, so it's hard to exercise normally. But I am increasing activities, and doing back exercises, and walking when I am able. Will add weights when my back feels more stable. I have had absolutely no side effects! No headaches, no muscle aches, no drowsiness, nothing. I couldn't be happier."

Justmax June 25, 2015

"5'11 and 255 lbs started three months ago. Early days seemed like my weight loss was minimal but once I stuck with my diet and cleaned the cobwebs off the bike. Then the weight came off 3.4 pounds per week average now 212 pounds and going strong. Side effect a little dry mouth the rest of side effects never happened to me. It cost 75.00 and I would have got more if I knew this was going to happen."

George Martz Jacksonville (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2015

"1st day and I will update yall. I weigh 195lb and mother of two. I work full time and constantly going with my daughters who are active. Lets see if this pill works. I will be honest I am feeling a little slow but it just feels like I have had a few beers - nothing scarey ladies. Follow me"

jenny from the block June 19, 2015

"I have been on belviq for about 18 days and have lost 8lbs. And still loosing weight. It really works the way it is supposed to. I am on a strict diet plan and exercise plan. I forgot to take it for a day and got a really bad tension headache. But with staying on it I have no side effects :)"

GOFORGOLD (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2015

"WARNING...... NEVER STOP THIS MEDICATION COLD TURKEY. The side effects are extreme! I was in Belviq for 4 months and began having side effects of nausea, headaches, and overall just a weird feeling. I stopped the medication to see if that's what the cause was. A few days later, I had severe muscle tremors and spasms, loss of coordination, sweating, shivering, shaking, headaches, and a rapid heart rate. I thought I was having a stroke. Went to the ER. My blood pressure was 210/150! Unfortunately, every time I would have a withdrawal from this medication I would experience these symptoms. It took 2 1/2 weeks to get this medication out of my body. I was confused a lot and had severe depression. I had all of the signs of serotonin syndrome."

Leah 35 June 18, 2015

"I have been on this pill for 2 weeks now and I think its great. I have only lost 5 lbs, but for me that is great as I have slowly been gaining. I know it has helped change my eating habits. I was doing zumba 3 to 5 x a week and I wasn't losing anything. I knew I had to change something so I asked my doctor to give me something. She suggested this because the other popular pill would increase my blood pressure.I have also lost inches. In the beginning I was very tired to the point of exhaustion, but I stuck with it and now I am no longer tired. I take B12 vitamins and that has helped. My insurance doesn't pay for it, but I spend money on other worthless things so figure this is worth it. It is changing my life."

ElvisBee June 18, 2015

"Day 4 no side effects" not eating ass much " I take my belviq at 7 am an 1 pm " I think I need to change the time " I notice my appetite Picks up around 6 to 7 pm " any suggestions on good time to take belviq"

getting my sexy back 44 (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2015

"I started on May 19 with the free trial and was taking 2 pills a day, (morning & night). My insurance won't pay for it, so it's $75 a month per refill. First day I had a little trouble focusing on things in the distance & was pretty sleepy the first week. After the 2 week trial, I decided I was going to do just one pill a day, in the morning. As far as losing the weight, I started on Tuesday and we left for the beach on Friday for the weekend. I actually gained about 5 lbs but once we got home and I got serious about my eating habits, I lost the 5lbs & have lost another 3lbs. I don't crave sugar as bad as I used to, but it still tastes pretty good to me when I eat it. If I eat slowly and pay attention to what I'm doing, I fill fuller faster"

SunnyChic June 16, 2015

"Just started June 13 day 2 no side effects so far Wish me luck trying to lose 60 lbs"

getting my sexy back 44 (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2015

"After many years of unsuccessful weight loss, my doctor suggested trying Belviq. I cannot even express how wonderful my experience has been with it. I have been taking it for close to two months and am down over 20 lbs.- I also watch what I eat and exercise daily. This is not a magic pill that will make you lose weight, my experience with it is that it is a very effective tool that goes hand in hand with lifestyle changes. I find that it makes eating right somewhat easy. It seems to work in my brain changing my relationship with food. For the first time in my life I am free from obsessive thoughts about food. I felt a bit wonky the first day or two on it, but at this point I have zero side effects."

Gabi9405 June 10, 2015

"I have been on Belviq for almost a month. I am down 20lbs. I am 5'10 36yr old Mother of two, starting weight 265. Now at 245!! I also had to take a week off of pills because I couldn't afford to get refill after the free trial. I can not say enough positive things about this medication. I have barely any appetite, and when I do eat it's about a quarter of the serving size. I haven't had any side effects, and am exited to continue this weight loss journey. My goal is to get down to 170lbs, and as long as this medication continues to curb my appetite this much, I know I'll be able to reach my goal. I would say without hesitation that Belviq is a non surgical equivalent to gastric bypass surgery!"

VballGirl03 June 8, 2015

"Ok. So my rating has is based on nothing yet but just wanted to reassure new users because there is a lot of talk about the negative side effects day 1 on belviq....no headache I feel just fine aside from being slightly tires. Can't wait to see if it works"

Nicole newme (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2015

"WARNING - Be prepared for withdrawal symptoms when you stop Belviq! I tried Belviq months ago but got nervous about the initial headaches and stopped after 3 weeks. I had 2 evenings of "palpitations" and one horrible anxiety filled night with desperate thoughts. I got through it and rationalized starting again 3 months later when I realized Belviq really did a good job of preventing "cravings" and my tendency toward night eating. After 12 weeks and "fair" weight loss, I decided the recent cognitive and vision side effects were not worth risk of continuing. Withdrawal day 3 tonight. I should be on episode of Celebrity Rehab...horrific thoughts, anxiety, insomnia - want to peel my skin off. BRUTAL...hoping this is the worst of it. Good luck."

BeAware49yrs June 1, 2015

"I started the pill and the first day was super wacky and dizzy. After the 10th day I discontinued. I had gained weight; had water weight but was dehydrated, had blurred vision; dizziness, headache, backache and joint/muscle aches; couldn't complete a sentence; chills, shakiness, vivid dreams, couldn't drive, extreme fatigue and disassociation. I think I had seratonin syndrome. I was not successful on it, but the patient insert was helpful and I realized I needed to get off of it. After stopping taking it, I started feeling better by the hour. Now, two days late, every symptom has gone away. I have about 40 lbs to lose. I am happy for those who found success with Belviq but wanted to post my experience for those who are having trouble."

Jill_Conner (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2015

"I'm just starting week two of the 15 day trial. I'm down 5 lbs which to me is good, since I had two days I was up slightly, (dang those margaritas). but I figured on those two days, there would not be any change or a slight increase just because I was eating differently. I'm thankful that I haven't had the headaches, or dizziness. I have been extremely tired and hoping that this will soon pass. I have noticed that I do eat a lot less then I usually would and I crave fruits and veggies. Hoping to stay on track better this week, but I'm loving it so far :)"

suzymq (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2015

"I'm 46 years old, only 5'1 and I tend to gain weight very easily due to being short. I've been on Belviq for about a month and I haven't lost a single pound. (still at 140 lbs) I'm so discouraged! My side effects are slight depression, and tiredness. I'm older now, but I used to have alot more energy, especially in the mornings. Now i just feel tired all the time, which in turn makes me not want to excerise at a high level, yet that's exactly what I need. Anyone else experiencing similar effects? Any advise would be greatly appreciated, because I'm ready to call it quits and try something else for weightloss."

Nattie695 May 26, 2015

"I have been on this medication for 3months,no side effects I can tell,I had more issues before so I guess there is no difference.It has been great for me,start weight 380;now weigh 255.Try it it may work for like it has for for me."

Yo-Yo May 25, 2015

"I'm Cheway69 who ever read my post , just a reminder I started on 5/8/15 & today 5/25/15 It was terrible terrible the first wk , headache so tired it was like someone beat me up or like very sore it's like I lifted weight for 10 hrs, the result loosing only 3 lbs only , I couldn't BELEIVE it ,by no means my appetite is better eating good & healthy food but not enough to be happy with the result like everyone are talking about, maybe I need to wait little longer ...sometime my balance is off, like how ppl walk when they are drunk, my memory is not that good by using this Belviq, forget a lot ,nothing change in my life to effect my memory , I blame this product, oh also I'm shivering & cold a lot most of the day. In 2 wks I'll post more info"

Cheway69 (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2015

"I was on Belviq for a while and it was really good it helped me loose over 70 lbs. but after the 5 month of being on it it started to make me dizzy, sleepy, tired, confused, and a little depressed. It also made me it really hard for me to concentrate. The medication was no longer working for me, I had an incredibly hard time moving. I constantly felt thrown out of balance and almost fell several times. I had to stop taking it, good news though the medication didn't cause any type of discontinuation syndrom so once I was off of it I felt so much better."

Health4life3833 May 25, 2015

"Tried all of the diets and many of the supplements. Simple 5'4 203 pounds six month later I have lost 38 pounds. This works and that has been my journey so far."

Normal overweight lady Kentucky (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2015