User Reviews for Avonex Prefilled Syringe

Learn more about Avonex Prefilled Syringe.

Multiple Sclerosis 4 reviews 82 medications

9.6
Summary of Avonex Prefilled Syringe reviews 4 reviews 9.6

Reviews for Avonex Prefilled Syringe

Review by mkb1 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Multiple Sclerosis: Diagnosed in 1997, immediately started with the older version of syringe, pill and liquid which I had to mix and then inject. Started with the prefilled syringes around 2005?( /- years) Initial signs prior to medication were double vision and pins and needles sensation on the right side and loss of sensitivity in hands. Occasionally, the exacerbation may come with weakness on one side of my body. Currently, I might have one exacerbation every few years, when I do have an %u201Cattack%u201D, my doctors give high dose steroids and I usually come out of it relatively quickly with no major residual effects. Avonex has worked well for me.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 21, 2012 9:29 AM

Review by Emgee:

For Multiple Sclerosis: I began using Avonex when I was diagnosed in March of 2007. I think it has done wonders to stave off progress of the disease. I have not had a major relapse since being on the medication, nor have I ever had an injection site reaction. Side effects were aches and flu-like symptoms the following day, which subsided with the following techniques: Day of injection, filling up on fluids. 2 hours prior to injection, taking 2 ibuprofen. Injection in the buttocks rather than thigh- this made a big difference. Injecting 2 hours prior to bed, then taking 1 more ibuprofen before sleep. Keeping hydrated the day after the injection. I love that it's once a week and there are no red sores from the injection as with other MS medicines.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 10, 2010 8:07 AM

Review by Lin H.:

For Multiple Sclerosis: I've been using this medication since February 2009 when I was diagnosed and I can't complain much. Most problems I have is a small amount of chills after injection the day after, maybe a little tired, but in 1-2 days, I'm good to go. I've found some benefits too, cognition is better, small difference, but still it's something. I've a feeling of normality that I've not had in years, not sure if that's the medicine though or just knowing what the heck has been wrong with me all this time.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2009 9:37 PM

Review by CODY12:

For Multiple Sclerosis: I was diagnosed with MS in March 2008 and started Avonex in May. My symptoms were numbness and tingling in my right leg and my right arm and hand, which was sometimes painful (like holding your hand in an ice bucket). The only symptoms I experience now are numbness and tingling in the fingers of my right hand and some frequency of urination. This medicine is great. My body aches all over for about 6 hours after I get the injection and its over about 6 hours later.

July 21, 2008 9:16 AM

More about Avonex Prefilled Syringe (interferon beta-1a)

Other formulations