User Reviews for Synvisc-One

Learn more about Synvisc-One.

Osteoarthritis 7 reviews 366 medications

9.2
Summary of Synvisc-One reviews 7 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Synvisc-One

Review by sacagawea2014 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Osteoarthritis: I have taken the Synvisc-One shot in both of my knees. It really does work and I am pain free for actually six months. The reason I will not take it now is because the last time I was given these shots it hurt just too bad. Now I am trying to find something else without all the more pain when taken.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 15, 2013 4:48 PM

Review by Cranky Knee Cam (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Osteoarthritis: Injections every 6 months for 3 years

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 22, 2013 11:13 PM

Review by ibeamys (taken for less than 1 month):

For Osteoarthritis: I had a knee injury over 10 years ago and was told that later on, I would have Osteoarthritis. Well that time is here along with bone spurs on front & back of my knee. Most times I would just live with the pain but at times when it was most unbearable I would be taking Advil sometimes every other day. When my brother told me he had this injection after an ACL injury and how great it was, I decided to give it a try since my insurance covered it, okay then. I won't lie, the initial injection was painful only because I hate needles and it is not a fast injection because of the fluid being so thick you can almost feel it going in and around your knee cap but I will tell you this is the best thing I ever did. No pain at all, going on 3 weeks.

July 3, 2012 4:32 PM

Review by Airborne96:

For Osteoarthritis: I had orthoscopic surgery on both knees for meniscal turns from over use during my time in the military. After choosing the injections verses cortisones or steroid shots I've had excellent results. I'm 45 and still run 4 miles every other day without any pain. The injections were not painful and took only minutes in the doctors office. I finished two series and now ready for my third. I give it and excellent rating.

December 16, 2011 10:13 PM

I've had Synvisc one and traditional (3). The 3 didn't give me any relief. I tried Supartz and Hyalgan two years later and responded well to both.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 1, 2011 3:41 AM

Review by mla873:

For Osteoarthritis: I have had problems with my knees for few years, sometimes had to use a cane and then others just hurt when I bend down or go upstairs. Osteoarthritis. I took a Synvisc-One shot today and it did not hurt at all. The doctor numbed the area up before inserting the needle. I am hoping it works as well as I've heard it does.

November 17, 2010 1:07 PM

Review by Jimifan:

For Osteoarthritis: After using Synvisc for years, I tried Synvisc-One this week. The process of Synvisc was somewhat painful and I walked away with minimal pain. Synvisc-One was excruciating. For the first time, the injections (one in each knee) were incredibly painful. I sat for 20 minutes in the exam room working up the nerve to walk to the waiting room. Then I took 30 minutes to work up the nerve to walk the 35 yards to the car. After 3 days, I am starting to walk again without severe pain. This was the first time I had it, and in 6 or 8 months I'll do it again. Just know it is a bigger syringe, a bigger dose, and a much bigger needle. In the end, I believe it to be a good cushion for my knees, and will be longer lasting.

October 2, 2010 12:07 AM

Review by P Squared:

For Osteoarthritis: I had Synvisc-One injection in January, 2010. I'm due for another this month (every six months). I'm an avid 56 year old tennis player and my knee has developed severe arthritis through injury (tear and scope) and years of pounding on the court. I haven't been able to play the Singles that I love for three years, as a consequence - and have had to settled for Doubles. No more - this is a miracle drug for me personally. I'm playing singles again and being very active in other ways with no debilitating swelling and pain. It is all good for now. I'll keep taking the shot and I am so grateful for this drug.

August 4, 2010 2:32 PM