User Reviews for Synvisc-One

Learn more about Synvisc-One.

Osteoarthritis 19 reviews 340 medications

8.6
Summary of Synvisc-One reviews 19 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Synvisc-One

For Osteoarthritis "After two knee scopes, a cortisone injection had a Synvisc-one injection last week. I was told it could be a month before any relief. Knee hurts so bad at night I cannot sleep. So far my knee problems..ie...pain, knee collapse and swelling is worse than ever. Hope it starts working soon."

BammaCo August 22, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "This is day 2 after my first Synvisc One shot. The shot wasnt bad, only uncomfortble during the last 3 seconds. I walked out and had a little tightness as the gel was settling in. Day 2 Im walking around with absolutely no issues and with a 90% reduction in pain.Day 2 far exceeded all my expectations. I completely am pleased and satisfied with Synvisc One. I hope it lasts more than 6 months."

highdesert (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "I was so nervous about getting this shot - and believe me, it was a piece of cake! It was slightly uncomfortable for about 2-3 seconds, but no screaming pain. After a few days I did notice a reduction in pain. I am now about 4 weeks out from the shot and my knee feels wonderful! This shot has been totally worth it for me. I will get another one when needed with no hesitation."

Martih07 June 25, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "I am a 34 y/o female. I first tore my ACL in 1997 and since the have had 5 complete reconstructions. I have severe arthritis in that knee now and it was scoped by my doc two years ago to prepare me for my Synvisc One injections. I am very active: running 6-10 miles, teaching at the gym, and teaching dance. I have been told I need a total knee replacement, but no one will do it on someone so young. The injections have given me so much pain relief that I am hoping to run my first half marathon this fall (was going for one this weekend, but bone spurs got the best of me). I usually cry during the injection, and I did pass out once. If the doctor injects higher on the outside of your knee, I've found my recovery time to be much less. Worth it!"

Gracie223 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 24, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "Had each knee done in 2009.The shots lasted close to five years with some minor discomfort coming back.I had two mores shots just today, hope it lasts another 5 years.Biggest problem blue cross in Mass won't cover it. 875 per shot!"

Howard Kosrofian June 9, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "I've had Synvisc One injections at least three times and each time they last anywhere from 6 to 8 months. The relief is awesome. I am careful not to overuse the knee and avoid many activities that I used to do that put undue stress on the knee, but I work full-time, stand for long periods of time, and ride a bike occasionally and Synvisc allows me to do this. However, I am in need of a new dose and this time I need to pay a co-insurance amount of over $400.00. This is far more than I used to pay, so I am not sure what is going on: same doctor, same insurance."

Cholebear (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 15, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "Excess fluid was aspirated from my knee prior to SynViscOne injection. My doctor informed me that numbing was not recommended. Aspiration and injection were not very painful at all - just the initial "pinch." Swelling was minimal but pain lasted almost a week. 10 days into it, knee is feeling much better. I would do this again."

maple tree January 27, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "Instead of giving me pain relief, it did the opposite. I went from moderate pain to severe pain. It has been 6 weeks and my condition is worse then before the injection. I'm hoping it wears off soon. When the PA gave me the injection, some fluid came out of my knee."

John1135611 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 20, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "I've had both the cortisone shots and the Synvisc-One. I believe they were equally painful, the Synvisc maybe slightly more, as the fluid seems to be quite a bit thicker so there was noticeably more pressure. However, it's been well over 6 months and I haven't had any pain. I've recommended it for my father and would recommend it if the normal cortisone shots don't seem to work any longer."

Daytr8dr (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 26, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "I had Synvisc-One injections about three weeks ago in both knees. A few years ago I also has the injections over 3 weeks with no serious pain or after effects but lots of relief for 18 month's at least. This time with just one injection my experience was horrendously painful during and after for 24 hours. I had to be taken to my car in a wheel chair after the injections due to pain and swelling. Ice did help. I wish he would have numbed the area 1st, I think that would have helped. For 2-3 weeks after the Synvisc-One injections I had pretty significant ankle and foot swelling that I'm sure were from the injections. I am beginning to feel improvement now again. I think I might opt for the 3 injections next time, less pain."

godlovesyou (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "I have had intermittent knee pain since I was a teenager. I am now 44 and a few years ago the knee pain began preventing me from running. I had my first Synvisc-One injection about a year ago. After reading about the studies online, which show mixed results, I was not expecting this to work but I thought it was worth a try. The procedure itself was only mildly uncomfortable. For about a week after my knee felt more irritated than usual...not terrible though. About a week later..no pain, lasted 4 months. Then the pain returned. My doc had me wait 6 months, and I had a 2nd injection. This one irritated my knee for a few weeks and I was afraid it had made it worse but after 3 weeks...pain free. Again lasted 4 months."

mosta (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 19, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "I had a Synvisc-One shot about 7 months ago in my right knee. The injection was not painful at all - just uncomfortable as the thick fluid goes in to the knee. I had pain relief for 6 full months. After this experience, I decided to get 2 shots - one in each knee. I had the shots done yesterday, and the pain from the shots was excruciating. The experience was nothing like the first time. I felt like I was going to pass out and as if I had been "sucker punched" in the gut. I couldn't get off the exam table for 20 minutes and could barely get in my car to drive home. I was in such pain and discomfort I went to bed and slept for 12 hours. Today, I still have discomfort and aching. "

RobinElise October 18, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "I have taken the Synvisc-One shot in both of my knees. It really does work and I am pain free for actually six months. The reason I will not take it now is because the last time I was given these shots it hurt just too bad. Now I am trying to find something else without all the more pain when taken."

sacagawea2014 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 15, 2013

For Osteoarthritis "Injections every 6 months for 3 years"

Cranky Knee Cam (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 22, 2013

For Osteoarthritis "I had a knee injury over 10 years ago and was told that later on, I would have Osteoarthritis. Well that time is here along with bone spurs on front & back of my knee. Most times I would just live with the pain but at times when it was most unbearable I would be taking Advil sometimes every other day. When my brother told me he had this injection after an ACL injury and how great it was, I decided to give it a try since my insurance covered it, okay then. I won't lie, the initial injection was painful only because I hate needles and it is not a fast injection because of the fluid being so thick you can almost feel it going in and around your knee cap but I will tell you this is the best thing I ever did. No pain at all, going on 3 weeks."

ibeamys (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2012

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I had orthoscopic surgery on both knees for meniscal turns from over use during my time in the military. After choosing the injections verses cortisones or steroid shots I've had excellent results. I'm 45 and still run 4 miles every other day without any pain. The injections were not painful and took only minutes in the doctors office. I finished two series and now ready for my third. I give it and excellent rating."

Airborne96 December 16, 2011

"I've had Synvisc one and traditional (3). The 3 didn't give me any relief. I tried Supartz and Hyalgan two years later and responded well to both."

Anonymous July 1, 2011

For Osteoarthritis "I have had problems with my knees for few years, sometimes had to use a cane and then others just hurt when I bend down or go upstairs. Osteoarthritis. I took a Synvisc-One shot today and it did not hurt at all. The doctor numbed the area up before inserting the needle. I am hoping it works as well as I've heard it does."

mla873 November 17, 2010

For Osteoarthritis "After using Synvisc for years, I tried Synvisc-One this week. The process of Synvisc was somewhat painful and I walked away with minimal pain. Synvisc-One was excruciating. For the first time, the injections (one in each knee) were incredibly painful. I sat for 20 minutes in the exam room working up the nerve to walk to the waiting room. Then I took 30 minutes to work up the nerve to walk the 35 yards to the car. After 3 days, I am starting to walk again without severe pain. This was the first time I had it, and in 6 or 8 months I'll do it again. Just know it is a bigger syringe, a bigger dose, and a much bigger needle. In the end, I believe it to be a good cushion for my knees, and will be longer lasting."

Jimifan October 2, 2010

For Osteoarthritis "I had Synvisc-One injection in January, 2010. I'm due for another this month (every six months). I'm an avid 56 year old tennis player and my knee has developed severe arthritis through injury (tear and scope) and years of pounding on the court. I haven't been able to play the Singles that I love for three years, as a consequence - and have had to settled for Doubles. No more - this is a miracle drug for me personally. I'm playing singles again and being very active in other ways with no debilitating swelling and pain. It is all good for now. I'll keep taking the shot and I am so grateful for this drug."

P Squared August 4, 2010