User Reviews for Synvisc-One

Learn more about Synvisc-One.

Osteoarthritis 32 reviews 348 medications

6.9
Summary of Synvisc-One reviews 32 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Synvisc-One

For Osteoarthritis "I got this shot on march 17 2016,it was a preventative measure because my knee is bone on bone and I would get a cortizone shot every 6 months.24 hrs after the shot, my knee swelled up and the pain was incredible and I could'nt walk. 3 weeks later after having my knee drained and injected with medicine I had emergency surgery to flush out the synvisc. I've been out of work now for 6 weeks and with going to therapy am starting to walk a little better, I hope to return to work in 2 weeks.I had arthroscopic surgery 10 years ago on my other knee and the day after surgery I was much better than I am 6 weeks later after a preventive shot. be careful I think they are hiding all the bad reactions to synvisc"

republic (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Had shot....shot was nothing...but 48 hrs. later I can barely stand the pain...elevating, ice, ibuprofen....but boy oh boy it hurts BAD. Gave birth to 3 children...one being breech....and swear this pain is worse.....I am hoping to be better soon....with this experience think I will not repeat this adventure. Do not think a knee replacement could be any worse than what I am going through right now!"

Grmaginner (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I received the shot about a year ago and my knees have been worse since! I'm 48 and can barely walk! I do not recommend it at all!"

Anonymous March 14, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Was treated on 3/5/2016. The injection of Synvisc-One was painless and I felt immediate relief in my knee. Now, just hours later, I notice a greater range of motion for my leg and almost no pain in the knee joint."

Col Jacobslen (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Took this shot one week ago ,the pain is worse I wish I wouldn't have done it.cant sleep knee is swollen.IM UP ALL NIGHT!"

Onto March 4, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Never again...... At first the injections worked great, but after round 4, I can't walk, I can't work. Next time I join the titanium club and replace the knees. Never again."

HerRedJetta (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 2, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "This was without a doubt one of the most painful experiences I have encountered in my 65 years. I had it last January. The shot itself was not bad, but immediately after the shot, the pain around the knee was excruciating. I pretty much lived with pain twice as bad as before I had the shot for the next eight or ten weeks. Staying off of it, icing it and pain killers were the only help. Eventually the pain slowed down, but I would recommend that people look carefully and study the possible side effects before doing it. I had a partial knee replacement in July (six months ago) and the results are spectacular... I am walking, doing water aerobics and extremely active without any pain."

Quazinna December 25, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "Well I have had a Synvisc injection in each knee once a week for the past 3 weeks. Unfortunately, the swelling and stiffness has been almost unbearable. I have a very high tolerance to pain but it has kept me up at night for the past week. I am now icing my knees for 20 minutes every 2 hours and staying off of my feet as much as possible. I have read that these side affects can last up to 3 weeks (I hope not). It is very difficult to get up off of the toilet and have had to use a cane the last 2 days. It has now been a month since my first injection and I noticed the symptoms worsened with each one! They have cost me $700 from Canada. Insurance would not pay for medication."

WW retiree November 21, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "Going on 8 weeks after a synvisc one injection and the constant pain is now 10 times WORSE than before. my quality of life is horrible due to pain caused by shot. I have osteoarthritis in knee, nothing like the kind of pain I am in now. READ ALL THE REVIEWS BEFORE YOU GET THIS DONE"

chrissy7889 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "I stopped running marathons, something I really enjoyed. My arthritis has put a stop to any running. Now, I walk 5-6 miles every other day with a pair of weights around my ankles. My arthritis kept me up at night until I started my Synvisc-One injections. I get one in each knee every 6 months; they really make a difference."

Marathon Man Stan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 6, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "I had the original Synvisc 3 in my left knee with no measurable improvement and ultimately had a complete knee replacement. My right knee is a complete success story. I have had four Synvisc One injections and I am scheduled for another next month. The pain relief was incredible, yes the shot itself is uncomfortable but not excruciating. I have had anywhere from five to six months of relief each time. I would recommend this procedure to anyone."

Lam821 September 29, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "I had the Synvisc one injection in my left knee 4 weeks ago. The injection was painful and I had worse knee pain than before for 3 1/2 weeks. I have had little to no pain for 4 days now. I am hopeful to receive 5-6 months of pain free living. If so I will most likely have a repeat injection as my next option is knee replacement."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "I had a synvisc one injection in both knees about a week ago. Initially, I was told to expect pain and swelling for the first 48 hrs. So, I took it easy and stayed off me feet. As the week went on, the pain and swelling progressed. Exactly 7 days later, I ended up in the ER with excruciating pain , swelling and stiffness. The doctors removed 110cc's of fluid from my left knee alone. I was later released and told to follow up with my physician .To date, I am still in continuos pain and have difficulty walking. I wish I had never done this."

Eblaq (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "After two knee scopes, a cortisone injection had a Synvisc-one injection last week. I was told it could be a month before any relief. Knee hurts so bad at night I cannot sleep. So far my knee problems..ie...pain, knee collapse and swelling is worse than ever. Hope it starts working soon."

BammaCo August 22, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "This is day 2 after my first Synvisc One shot. The shot wasnt bad, only uncomfortble during the last 3 seconds. I walked out and had a little tightness as the gel was settling in. Day 2 Im walking around with absolutely no issues and with a 90% reduction in pain.Day 2 far exceeded all my expectations. I completely am pleased and satisfied with Synvisc One. I hope it lasts more than 6 months."

highdesert (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "I was so nervous about getting this shot - and believe me, it was a piece of cake! It was slightly uncomfortable for about 2-3 seconds, but no screaming pain. After a few days I did notice a reduction in pain. I am now about 4 weeks out from the shot and my knee feels wonderful! This shot has been totally worth it for me. I will get another one when needed with no hesitation."

Martih07 June 25, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "I am a 34 y/o female. I first tore my ACL in 1997 and since the have had 5 complete reconstructions. I have severe arthritis in that knee now and it was scoped by my doc two years ago to prepare me for my Synvisc One injections. I am very active: running 6-10 miles, teaching at the gym, and teaching dance. I have been told I need a total knee replacement, but no one will do it on someone so young. The injections have given me so much pain relief that I am hoping to run my first half marathon this fall (was going for one this weekend, but bone spurs got the best of me). I usually cry during the injection, and I did pass out once. If the doctor injects higher on the outside of your knee, I've found my recovery time to be much less. Worth it!"

Gracie223 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 24, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "Had each knee done in 2009.The shots lasted close to five years with some minor discomfort coming back.I had two mores shots just today, hope it lasts another 5 years.Biggest problem blue cross in Mass won't cover it. 875 per shot!"

Howard Kosrofian June 9, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "I've had Synvisc One injections at least three times and each time they last anywhere from 6 to 8 months. The relief is awesome. I am careful not to overuse the knee and avoid many activities that I used to do that put undue stress on the knee, but I work full-time, stand for long periods of time, and ride a bike occasionally and Synvisc allows me to do this. However, I am in need of a new dose and this time I need to pay a co-insurance amount of over $400.00. This is far more than I used to pay, so I am not sure what is going on: same doctor, same insurance."

Cholebear (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 15, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "Excess fluid was aspirated from my knee prior to SynViscOne injection. My doctor informed me that numbing was not recommended. Aspiration and injection were not very painful at all - just the initial "pinch." Swelling was minimal but pain lasted almost a week. 10 days into it, knee is feeling much better. I would do this again."

maple tree January 27, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "Instead of giving me pain relief, it did the opposite. I went from moderate pain to severe pain. It has been 6 weeks and my condition is worse then before the injection. I'm hoping it wears off soon. When the PA gave me the injection, some fluid came out of my knee."

John1135611 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 20, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "I've had both the cortisone shots and the Synvisc-One. I believe they were equally painful, the Synvisc maybe slightly more, as the fluid seems to be quite a bit thicker so there was noticeably more pressure. However, it's been well over 6 months and I haven't had any pain. I've recommended it for my father and would recommend it if the normal cortisone shots don't seem to work any longer."

Daytr8dr (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 26, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "I had Synvisc-One injections about three weeks ago in both knees. A few years ago I also has the injections over 3 weeks with no serious pain or after effects but lots of relief for 18 month's at least. This time with just one injection my experience was horrendously painful during and after for 24 hours. I had to be taken to my car in a wheel chair after the injections due to pain and swelling. Ice did help. I wish he would have numbed the area 1st, I think that would have helped. For 2-3 weeks after the Synvisc-One injections I had pretty significant ankle and foot swelling that I'm sure were from the injections. I am beginning to feel improvement now again. I think I might opt for the 3 injections next time, less pain."

godlovesyou (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "I have had intermittent knee pain since I was a teenager. I am now 44 and a few years ago the knee pain began preventing me from running. I had my first Synvisc-One injection about a year ago. After reading about the studies online, which show mixed results, I was not expecting this to work but I thought it was worth a try. The procedure itself was only mildly uncomfortable. For about a week after my knee felt more irritated than usual...not terrible though. About a week later..no pain, lasted 4 months. Then the pain returned. My doc had me wait 6 months, and I had a 2nd injection. This one irritated my knee for a few weeks and I was afraid it had made it worse but after 3 weeks...pain free. Again lasted 4 months."

mosta (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 19, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "I had a Synvisc-One shot about 7 months ago in my right knee. The injection was not painful at all - just uncomfortable as the thick fluid goes in to the knee. I had pain relief for 6 full months. After this experience, I decided to get 2 shots - one in each knee. I had the shots done yesterday, and the pain from the shots was excruciating. The experience was nothing like the first time. I felt like I was going to pass out and as if I had been "sucker punched" in the gut. I couldn't get off the exam table for 20 minutes and could barely get in my car to drive home. I was in such pain and discomfort I went to bed and slept for 12 hours. Today, I still have discomfort and aching. "

RobinElise October 18, 2014