User Reviews for Gemzar

Ovarian Cancer 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Gemzar reviews 3 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Gemzar

Review by Echuck:

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: I get constipation every time I start a new cycle. I am nauseous when I take the medicine. I take ginger pills twice a day and drink ginger ale. This helps with nausea. My dosage has dropped 1500 units to 1000 units after 6 treatments.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2014 7:00 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Pancreatic Cancer: Even though I was told this was well tolerated, I was miserable with nausea and vomiting.

November 1, 2012 10:34 PM

Review by NYwhipple (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Pancreatic Cancer: While my oncologist could not conclude that GEMZAR was effective in my case, I have survived late-stage metastatic pancreatic cancer for more than 6 years since beginning my first (of 2) treatment regimen. Absent any other explanation, I must consider the possibility that GEMZAR was instrumental in my survival. I've been told I have exceptional tolerance for GEMZAR, and I ultimately had 54 infusions over 2-and-a-half years, with a one-year gap. The side effects were minimal in my case (most frequent: flu-like symptoms, mild infections), and I was able to conduct relatively normal work & life routines, although I frequently had to battle a high level of fatigue.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 9, 2012 12:38 PM