User Reviews for Gemzar

7.3
Breast Cancer, Metastatic 1 reviews 28 medications

Summary of Gemzar reviews 4 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Gemzar

For Pancreatic Cancer "There are few side effects no loss of hair just fatigue and low white and red cell count. Been on it for three months and have three months more to go. Take good 3 wkd off one week. So far good compared to vomiting, extreme fatigue and hair loss from the Cisplatin that I was taking last year. Thank u Jesus."

Pharmacina (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2016

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I get constipation every time I start a new cycle. I am nauseous when I take the medicine. I take ginger pills twice a day and drink ginger ale. This helps with nausea. My dosage has dropped 1500 units to 1000 units after 6 treatments."

Echuck August 6, 2014

For Pancreatic Cancer "Even though I was told this was well tolerated, I was miserable with nausea and vomiting."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2012

For Pancreatic Cancer "While my oncologist could not conclude that GEMZAR was effective in my case, I have survived late-stage metastatic pancreatic cancer for more than 6 years since beginning my first (of 2) treatment regimen. Absent any other explanation, I must consider the possibility that GEMZAR was instrumental in my survival. I've been told I have exceptional tolerance for GEMZAR, and I ultimately had 54 infusions over 2-and-a-half years, with a one-year gap. The side effects were minimal in my case (most frequent: flu-like symptoms, mild infections), and I was able to conduct relatively normal work & life routines, although I frequently had to battle a high level of fatigue."

NYwhipple (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 9, 2012

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate