User Reviews for Gemzar

Ovarian Cancer 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Gemzar reviews 2 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Gemzar

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Gemzar (gemcitabine) for Pancreatic Cancer: Even though I was told this was well tolerated, I was miserable with nausea and vomiting.

November 1, 2012 10:34 PM
Review by NYwhipple (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Gemzar (gemcitabine) for Pancreatic Cancer: While my oncologist could not conclude that GEMZAR was effective in my case, I have survived late-stage metastatic pancreatic cancer for more than 6 years since beginning my first (of 2) treatment regimen. Absent any other explanation, I must consider the possibility that GEMZAR was instrumental in my survival. I've been told I have exceptional tolerance for GEMZAR, and I ultimately had 54 infusions over 2-and-a-half years, with a one-year gap. The side effects were minimal in my case (most frequent: flu-like symptoms, mild infections), and I was able to conduct relatively normal work & life routines, although I frequently had to battle a high level of fatigue.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 9, 2012 12:38 PM

Advanced Breast Cancer: Learn about treatments to improve quality of life. Click Here