User Reviews for Fludrocortisone

Also known as: Florinef, Florinef Acetate

Learn more about Fludrocortisone.

Fludrocortisone Review Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 4 medications used in the treatment of Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome.

Reviews for Fludrocortisone to treat Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome

Florinef (fludrocortisone): "I started taking florinef a few months ago and while I haven't noticed a difference, I believe it is keeping my symptoms from progressing. Before I went on it my body was on a downward fall but as soon as I started taking it everything was stable. It has made me gain about 5-10 pounds of water weight but it's not too bad. This drug along with my other medicine allows me to live my life better."

POTSie Girl June 25, 2015

Florinef Acetate (fludrocortisone): "Amazing. No noticeable effect on one 0.1mg, but docs doubled dose to 2tablets ie 0.2mg and it's amazing. Can sit up, walk, and haven't fainted since 0.2mg started. Trialed going to 0.1mg and a day and a half later, was back to dizzy, faint, tachy etc."

WheelsNZ November 15, 2014

Florinef (fludrocortisone): "Florinef has helped me out quite a bit. I'm not cured, but am better. I can walk up minor inclines without any problem. I am able to be up and active for longer periods of time."

KimC71 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2014

Florinef Acetate (fludrocortisone): "It's my life saver, I was bed bound and in a wheel chair before using florinef! Now I can do physio and live a almost normal life!"

Sarahrazor (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2014

"This medication has helped my Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome quite a bit. I get less flare-ups of POTS with this medication!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2013

"I have not been dizzy or fainted even once since the 4th day of taking Fludrocortisone and Sodium Chloride. Works great for me so far."

Anonymous August 21, 2011

Florinef (fludrocortisone): "I have taken this medicine along with Toprol-XL for a few years and it has helped A LOT! I think this medicine paired with Toprol-XL is great!"

Anonymous August 10, 2010

Florinef (fludrocortisone): "I developed a rash and after testing at the NY Medical College and Vanderbilt Center for Dysautonomias, we found my blood volume was not low (often the case with POTS patients) and the mechanism that florinef acts upon."

simplivin December 20, 2009