Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Fludrocortisone

Also known as: Florinef, Florinef Acetate

Learn more about Fludrocortisone.

Addison's Disease 1 reviews 36 medications

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 54 medications

Postural Orthostatic...ycardia Syndrome 6 reviews 8 medications

8.7
Adrenogenital Syndrome 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Fludrocortisone reviews 8 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Fludrocortisone

Review by KimC71 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Florinef (fludrocortisone) for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: Florinef has helped me out quite a bit. I'm not cured, but am better. I can walk up minor inclines without any problem. I am able to be up and active for longer periods of time.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2014 5:55 PM

Review by Sarahrazor (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Florinef Acetate (fludrocortisone) for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: It's my life saver, I was bed bound and in a wheel chair before using florinef! Now I can do physio and live a almost normal life!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 26, 2014 8:29 PM

Review by simon the cat (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Dysautonomia: After being a serious athlete my whole life and winning 10 k races last spring, I suddenly developed autonomic dysfunction (Dysautonomia) about two months ago at age 66. I am taking 0.1 mg Florinef per day, half before breakfast and half around noon. I am functioning much better with the medication. I also drink extra liquid and two 11 oz cans of V8 juice (920 mg Na per can) in morning. I have been able to continue working full time as a professor, something that I would not have been able to do without the medicine. Swimming is my only good option for aerobic exercise, so I am doing laps for 30 min 4 or 5 days a week.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 6, 2013 1:14 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: This medication has helped my Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome quite a bit. I get less flare-ups of POTS with this medication!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2013 2:00 AM

For Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: I have not been dizzy or fainted even once since the 4th day of taking Fludrocortisone and Sodium Chloride. Works great for me so far.

August 21, 2011 11:15 PM

Florinef (fludrocortisone) for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: I have taken this medicine along with Toprol-XL for a few years and it has helped A LOT! I think this medicine paired with Toprol-XL is great!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 10, 2010 4:51 PM

Review by simplivin:

Florinef (fludrocortisone) for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: I developed a rash and after testing at the NY Medical College and Vanderbilt Center for Dysautonomias, we found my blood volume was not low (often the case with POTS patients) and the mechanism that florinef acts upon.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 20, 2009 2:17 PM

Florinef Acetate (fludrocortisone) for Addison's Disease: Works like a charm and I have zero side effects. I feel much better.

July 29, 2009 10:11 AM