User Reviews for Fludrocortisone

Also known as: Florinef, Florinef Acetate

Learn more about Fludrocortisone.

Addison's Disease 1 reviews 36 medications

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 54 medications

Postural Orthostatic...ycardia Syndrome 7 reviews 8 medications

8.8
Adrenogenital Syndrome 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Fludrocortisone reviews 9 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Fludrocortisone

Florinef Acetate (fludrocortisone) for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: "Amazing. No noticeable effect on one 0.1mg, but docs doubled dose to 2tablets ie 0.2mg and it's amazing. Can sit up, walk, and haven't fainted since 0.2mg started. Trialed going to 0.1mg and a day and a half later, was back to dizzy, faint, tachy etc."

WheelsNZ November 15, 2014

Florinef (fludrocortisone) for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: "Florinef has helped me out quite a bit. I'm not cured, but am better. I can walk up minor inclines without any problem. I am able to be up and active for longer periods of time."

KimC71 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2014

Florinef Acetate (fludrocortisone) for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: "It's my life saver, I was bed bound and in a wheel chair before using florinef! Now I can do physio and live a almost normal life!"

Sarahrazor (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2014

For Dysautonomia: "After being a serious athlete my whole life and winning 10 k races last spring, I suddenly developed autonomic dysfunction (Dysautonomia) about two months ago at age 66. I am taking 0.1 mg Florinef per day, half before breakfast and half around noon. I am functioning much better with the medication. I also drink extra liquid and two 11 oz cans of V8 juice (920 mg Na per can) in morning. I have been able to continue working full time as a professor, something that I would not have been able to do without the medicine. Swimming is my only good option for aerobic exercise, so I am doing laps for 30 min 4 or 5 days a week."

simon the cat (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2013

For Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: "This medication has helped my Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome quite a bit. I get less flare-ups of POTS with this medication!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2013

For Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: "I have not been dizzy or fainted even once since the 4th day of taking Fludrocortisone and Sodium Chloride. Works great for me so far."

Anonymous August 21, 2011

Florinef (fludrocortisone) for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: "I have taken this medicine along with Toprol-XL for a few years and it has helped A LOT! I think this medicine paired with Toprol-XL is great!"

Anonymous August 10, 2010

Florinef (fludrocortisone) for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: "I developed a rash and after testing at the NY Medical College and Vanderbilt Center for Dysautonomias, we found my blood volume was not low (often the case with POTS patients) and the mechanism that florinef acts upon."

simplivin December 20, 2009

Florinef Acetate (fludrocortisone) for Addison's Disease: "Works like a charm and I have zero side effects. I feel much better."

Anonymous July 29, 2009