User Reviews for Fenofibric acid

Also known as: Fibricor, Trilipix

Learn more about Fenofibric acid.

High Cholesterol 11 reviews 42 medications

5.6
Hypertriglyceridemia 11 reviews 49 medications

5.3
Summary of Fenofibric acid reviews 22 reviews 5.5

Reviews for Fenofibric acid

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "I have had several side effects, not knowing it was the medication Fenofibric 135MG. I started with fast heart palpitations, that lead to loss of voice, and sweating. Then I got a dry cough, and headaches. But the thing that got me the worse was the bladder pain, it is difficult, burning, and painful to urinate and it is dark, cloudy urine."

Not a fan (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2015

Trilipix (fenofibric acid) for High Cholesterol: "Developed extreme pain in left leg radiating up to hip. Sinus problems and sleeplessness"

A v (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 10, 2015

Trilipix (fenofibric acid) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "I have been taking Triliplex with a statin for about 2 years. I lowered my triglycerides from roughly 500 to 200. I was concerned about side effects so I quit taking the medicine for about 8 weeks. Any of the issues such as pain did not change. I don't seem to be experiencing any side effects. I had hoped it would lower the levels into the "good" range. The cholesterol levels are good with the exception of HDL being too low."

brayski98 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 9, 2014

Trilipix (fenofibric acid) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "Pre Trilipix, triglycerides 4300 ---> Currently 213! Wow what a change! Nothing else even came close to these results."

Stuaman (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 20, 2013

Trilipix (fenofibric acid) for High Cholesterol: "Trilipix reduced my triglycerides from 3456 to 200, yes that's the number, and lowered all my bad cholesterol from 355 to normal, but unfortunately, Trilipix gave me the same side effect, dizziness, joint pain, a lot of muscle pain issue. Now I'm going back to the doctor. I just noticed that when I read all the side effects of Trilipix and now I understand what causes all the pain I was going through."

eggie_pr May 20, 2013

Trilipix (fenofibric acid) for High Cholesterol: "I have been on Trilipix for 5 weeks and it has lowered my triglycerides from 881 to 475 in just 28 days with a slight change in diet. I have not yet noticed any side effects other than having more energy."

Anonymous October 23, 2012

For High Cholesterol: "After just taking this for a week I am too weak and too tired....Can't seem to make it through a whole day without feeling like I am going to fall asleep."

robbdee40 (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2012

Trilipix (fenofibric acid) for High Cholesterol: "Took Trilipix for 2 months caused hair loss, joint pain, muscle aches, and even slowed down body hair growth."

Anonymous February 14, 2012

Trilipix (fenofibric acid) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "I had taken Trilipix for one month with my prior Doctor and it worked great for me and brought my lipids down a great deal. I'm with a new Dr. now and tried Trilipix again because my lipid panel was high again. The very first dose I took I got calf pain and still have it, constant pain, the Dr. told me to stop the medication. Not sure why it bothered me this time and not the first time I took it. I'm on 7 different medicines now for other ailments, which might have something to do with the reaction this time. The Dr. now says I have nerve damage from my diabetes, but I don't think so. "

Anonymous January 17, 2012

Trilipix (fenofibric acid) for High Cholesterol: "Took Trilipix for 3 months caused hair loss, joint pain and fatigue."

Anonymous January 16, 2012

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "The medicine brought my Triglyceride way down.. so it works (from over 600 down to 250). But I have about 30% overall HAIR LOSS.. this is not good. I am a 50 year old female have had all testing done on hormone levels, thyroid etc. All is normal. I am not in menopause yet either so I am going off the medication. Will substitute fish oils and hope my next blood work does not sky rocket to 600 again."

Grace_AZ November 18, 2011

Trilipix (fenofibric acid) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "I have been on TRILIPIX for ten (10) weeks. Two weeks ago I woke up with a dizziness, seizure, the likes of which I have never experienced. It has altered my inner ear significantly. It is most seriously when in bed, and turning to either side in my sleep pattern, that I fell the room is circulating and hovering. I have to go back to Tricor."

HSOL1234 April 3, 2011

Trilipix (fenofibric acid) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "Several weeks after using Trilipix, my hair started to fall out. Everyday, I had to clean large clumps of hair out of my hairbrush. About 2 weeks after stopping using the drug (it was the only change in any of my routines) my hair was back to normal. "

Melbat December 1, 2010

Trilipix (fenofibric acid) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "I've been on Trilipix for over a year after every other cholesterol medicine failed. I either had side effects from them or they just didn't work. Trilipix lowered my triglycerides from 600 to the low 200's without a change in diet. I've had only minor, tolerable side effects (mostly bloating feelings) from this drug. I am taking it alone without other cholesterol-lowering supplements."

krmnt March 3, 2010

Trilipix (fenofibric acid) for High Cholesterol: "Started it in August for Triglycerides. Within 15 days I was getting pain in my right side. Quit the Trilipix for 30 days until I say the doctor again. Pain still there. Started taking it again and now going through MRI's, CATS , The big Colonoscopy (upper and lower). You name it, to find a cause, but nothing is found. Blood work is all normal. Just odd that this started at the same time I went on Trilipix."

david1234 November 25, 2009

Trilipix (fenofibric acid) for High Cholesterol: "I've tried A LOT of cholesterol-lowering meds, but can't usually tolerate them for more than a month. Unfortunately, Triplix gave me the same side effects--dizziness, digestive miseries, etc. It's probably a wonderful drug for a lot of people, just not for me. I don't know if it made a difference in my cholesterol levels."

AlexisH October 30, 2009

Trilipix (fenofibric acid) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "Started Trilipix about one month ago, experiencing unbelievable pain in ankle areas having trouble walking. Contacting physician today regarding pain. Suspect pain is related to this drug."

Anonymous September 30, 2009

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "I have tolerated Triplix very well without the physical discomforts--aching joints,etc., that occurred with both Crestor and Lipitor."

hrodinsk September 21, 2009

Trilipix (fenofibric acid) for High Cholesterol: "Worked great to lower all my bad cholesterol, but I have lost a lot of hair while using this medicine. I stopped about 2 months ago and still my hair is falling out. "

Anonymous September 14, 2009

Trilipix (fenofibric acid) for High Cholesterol: "I have never been able to take cholesterol medicines until Trilipix. It has done wonders for me and my liver enzymes are not bothered at all."

Anonymous August 19, 2009

Trilipix (fenofibric acid) for High Cholesterol: "Trilipix greatly reduced my trigycerides when added to the Lipitor and Zetia that I was previous prescribed. No side effects from the Trilipix."

Anonymous August 4, 2009

Trilipix (fenofibric acid) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "Four months ago my doctor put me on trilipix to bring my triglycerides down from 575. The triglycerides stayed the same but my cholesterol went from below 180 to 225. This happened after I was put on trilipix. I am taking enough pills already so I am coming off of this one which is not working for me."

BABYHUEY April 16, 2009