User Reviews for Biafine

Learn more about Biafine.

Dry Skin 3 reviews 450 medications

Summary of Biafine reviews 3 reviews 10.0

Reviews for Biafine

Review by adriennebowman (taken for less than 1 month):

For Dry Skin: I got a tattoo on my lower leg. An area of it that was directly over my shin bone became an open wound after the skin peeled off. My derm gave me samples of Biafine and told me to apply it twice daily. I am amazed at the healing after only 3 days of application! The cream soothes the pain and promotes healing rapidly! I think whoever invented it should receive an award as I have never had such a rapid and significant response to a medication. I highly recommend it.....ask your derm about it. ( P.S.- I am an RN with 35 years of experience.)

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 17, 2012 7:40 AM

Review by glorya14 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Dry Skin: I had two facial skin biopsies performed by a dermatologist who gave me several packets of Polysporin to aid in wound healing. I had a horrible reaction to this salve (itching, redness, draining). I went back to this doctor who looked at the wounds and told me I had an allergic reaction, discontinue it, and substitute with Vaseline. After several days of using Vaseline this also didn't help at all, I went to another dermatologist who examined my wounds and gave me two sample tubes of Biafine. Within two days I was sooooooooo much better. Redness, itching and wound weeping were down considerably. I firmly believe that if I had Biafine right away, I would not have suffered as I did.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 7, 2012 7:42 PM

I am an RN and used Biafine on a number of conditions, 1st and 2nd degree burns are my favorite, because it decreases the pain tenfold. I have seen Biafine heal pressure sores that previously nothing helped and I have personally put it on things like cuts that should have taken weeks to heal and they would be completely healed in a matter of days.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 28, 2011 1:00 AM

For Dry Skin: I had a dry spot just above my lip on the right side. After using biafine for two weeks it has cleared away.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2010 5:30 PM

More about Biafine (emollients topical)