User Reviews for Emollients

Also known as: A-Mantle, Absorbase, AcidMantle, Acne-Aid, Albolene Moisturizing Cleanser, Aloe Vesta 2 -n- 1, Aloe Vesta Body Wash & Shampoo, Aloe Vesta Cleansing Foam, Aloe Vesta Cream, Aloe Vesta Perineal/Skin Cleanser, Aloe Vesta Protein Ointment, Aloe Vesta Skin Conditioner, AlphaSoft, AmeriCerin, Amerigel Barr, Amerigel Care, AmeriPhor, AmeriStore, Aqua Glycolic, Aqua Lacten, Aqua Lube, Aqua Lube Plus, Aquabase, Aquaderm, Aquanil Lotion, Aquaphilic, Aquaphor, Aquaphor Healing, Aquaphor Healing for Baby, Atopiclair, Aveeno, Aveeno Daily Moisturizing, Aveeno Moisturizing Bar, Avosil Scar Care, Baby Lotion, Baby Oil, Baby Oil Creamy, Baby Soap, Bag Balm, Balneol, Balneol Cleansing, Balneol for Her, Barri-Care, basis sensitive skin bar, basis vitamin bar, Baza Cleanse & Protect, Baza-Pro, Baza-Protect, Bedside-Care Perineal Wash, Beta Care, Betamide, Biafine, Biafine RE, Blistex Lip Balm, Blistex Lip Revitalizer, Bodi Bath & Shampoo, Bodi Care, Bodi Kleen Perineal Cleanser, Bodi Line Almond Skin Cleanser, Bodi Line Antiseptic, Bodi Line Hair and Body Shampoo, Bodi Lotion, Bodi Protect, Bodi Whirl Bath, Bodi Whirl Oil, BurnZone, Ca-Rezz, Cam, Cara-Klenz Spray, Carb-O-Lan10, Carb-O-Lan20, Care-Creme, Carlesta, Carmex, Carmex Click-Stick, CarraKlenz, CarraKlenz Spray, Carrington, Carrington Foot and Body, Carrington Moisture Guard, Carrington Skin Balm, Cavilon Durable Barrier, Cavilon Emollient, Cavilon Foot Emollient, CC-500, CeraVe, CeraVe AM, CeraVe Facial Moisturizing, CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, Ceta-Klenz, Cetaklenz, Cetaphil Bar, Cetaphil Cleanser, Cetaphil Cream, Cetaphil Daily Advantage, Cetaphil Lotion, Cetaphil Restoraderm Moisturizer, Cetaphil Restoraderm Wash, ChafeZone, Chap Stick, Citraderm, Clinac OC, Complex-15, Concept, Constant Care Vaseline, CoolBottoms, Corn Huskers Lotion, Cream Base, Curel Moisture Lotion, Curel Ultra Pro, Cutemol, DepthZone, Derma Soothe, Dermabase, DermaCerin, DermaDaily, Dermadrox, DermaFix, Dermagran, Dermagran GP, Dermal Therapy, Dermalab Cleansing Bar, Dermalab Conditioning Shampoo, Dermalab Lotion, Dermalab Skin Cleanser, Dermalab Skin Cream, Dermalab Soap, Dermalube, DermaPhor, Dermarest Rosacea, Dermasil Lotion, DermaSoft with Aloe, Diab, Diab Gel, Diabet-X Daily Prevention Therapy, DML Facial, DML Forte, DML Moisture Lotion, Dr Scholl's Essentials Cracked Skin Repair, Dr Smith's Rash-N-All, Durable Barr, Eletone, Elon Barrier Protectant, Elon Herbal Foot Cream, Elta, Elta Lite, Elta Seal Skin Protectant, EpiCeram, Epilyt, Esoterica Dry Skin, Eucerin, Eucerin Gentle Hydrating Cleanser, Eucerin Plus, Eucerin Unscented, Fattibase Ointment, Formula 405 Cream, Formula 405 Lotion, Formula 405 Soap, Formula Finger Skin Cream, Free & Clear, Gentle Cream, GentleWash Body Wash / Shampoo, Geri-Lav Free, Geri-Soft, Glycerin with Rose Water, Gold Bond Ultimate Healing, Green Soap, GRx Rinse-Free, Herpecin-L, Humatrix Microclysmic Treatment, Hydrated Petrolatum, Hydrisinol, Hydro-Lan Creme, Hydrocerin, Hydrocerin Plus, Hydrocream, Hydrolatum, Hydropel, Hydrophil Ointment, Hydrophor, Hydrophylic GRX, Hylatopic, HylatopicPlus Emollient Foam, Iamin Hydrating Gel, Impruv, Ionax, Johnson's Baby Cream, K-Y Jelly, K-Y Sensual Mist, K-Y Silk-E Vaginal Moisturizer, K-Y Warming, Keri Advanced Therapy, Keri Lotion, Keri Original Therapy, Keri Sensitive Skin, Kerodex-51, Kerodex-71, Kinerase, Lamisilk Heel Balm, Lanaphilic, Lantiseptic, Leader Finger Cream, Little Bottoms Daily Care Spray, Loving Lather II, Loving Lotion, Lowila, Lubrex, Lubri-Gel, Lubri-Soft, Lubricating Jelly, Lubricating Lotion, Lubriderm, Lubriderm Daily Moisturizer, Lubriderm Lotion, Mammol, Masse, Maxilube, Mederma, Mederma for Kids, Medicine Shoppe Natural Cold Sore Cream, MimyX, Moisture Magic, Moisturel, Moisturel Sensitive Skin, Moisturin, Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel, Mother's Friend, Natural Care Gel, Natural Ice, Nature's Wash Plus, Neosalus, Neoteric Diabetic, NeutrapHor, NeutrapHorus Rex, Neutrogena Acne Formula, Neutrogena Cleansing, Neutrogena Cleansing Wash, Neutrogena Cream, Neutrogena Lotion, Neutrogena Rainbath, Neutrogena Soap, Neutrogena Toner, Nivea, Normlgel, Normlshield, Nouriva Repair, Nu Soap, Nutraderm, Nutraderm Advanced Formula, Nutraderm-30, OCEAN Ultra Moisturizing, Ocusoft, Oilatum Soap, Oilatum-AD, Ointment Base, Orabase Paste Plain, Orabase Soothe-N-Seal, Ostiderm, Pacquin, Pacquin Plus, Panthoderm Cream, Pen-Kera, Peri-Care, Peri-Wash, PeriScent Perineal Cleanser, Petro-phylic Soap, Phacid, Phisoderm, Phisoderm Cleansing Bar, Phisoderm Deep Cleaning Cream Cleanser, Phisoderm for Baby, Plastibase 50W, Polybase, Polysorb, PR Cream, Pretty Feet & Hands, Promiseb, Proshield Foam & Spray Cleanser, Proshield Plus, Proshield Plus Skin Protectant, Proshield Skincare Kit, PruClair, PruMyx, Prutect, PruVel, Puri-Clens, Purpose Cream, Purpose Lotion, Purpose Soap, RadiaCare, RadiaGel Hydrogel, Remedy 4-in-1 Body Cleanser, Remedy 4-in-1 Cleansing Lotion, Remedy Skin Repair, RepHresh, Replens, Restore Cleanser & Moisturizer, Restore Hydrogel, Restore Moisture Barrier, Restore Skin Conditioning Creme, Resurfix, Robathol, Sardo Bath, Sarna Lotion, Satin Therapeutic, Sayman Salve, Sayman Soap, SBR-Lipocream, Sea-Clens, Seba-Nil, Secura, Secura Dimethicone Protectant, Secura EPC, Secura Extra Protective, Secura Mosturizing, Secura Personal Cleanser, Secura Protective, Secura Two Step Kit, Sensi-Care, Sensi-Care Moisturizing Body, Sensi-Care Perineal/Skin Cleanser, Septi-Soft Concentrate, SFC, Shepards, Skin Care, Skin Magic, Soapreme, Soft Sense, Special Care, Special Care Moisture Barrier, Spectro Jel Skin Cleanser, Sproam Body Cleanser, St. Ives, SuperSoft, Surgilube, Sween Cream, Sween Prep, Techni-Care, Tetrix Cream, Thames Lotion, Thera Derm Bath, Thera-P, Therapeutic Bath, Theraplex Clear, Theraplex Hydro Lotion, Theraplex Lotion, TheraSeal Hand Protection, Triple Cream, Tritles Lotion, Tropazone, Ultra Derm, Ultra-Klenz Wound Cleanser, Uni Derm, Unibase Ointment, Vagisil Feminine Moisturiser, Vanicream, Vanicream Cleansing Bar, Vanicream Lite, Vaseline Dermatology Formula, Vaseline Intensive Care, Velvachol, Vivatia, Wibi Lotion, Zenieva, Zenieva Cream and Cleanser

Learn more about Emollients.

Dry Skin 13 reviews 441 medications

8.4
Summary of Emollients reviews 13 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Emollients

Review by FinallyHope (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

EpiCeram (emollients) for Dry Skin: Have suffered from eczema all over face, neck, upper body. Nothing worked, and I had to moisturize every 15-30 mins throughout the day. 2 yrs ago, I stopped using topical steroids and had a serious rebound effect of worsening eczema. Since then, it's been manageable, but has never improved. I've tried changing my diet, going organic, different moisturizers, bleach baths, Bactroban, etc. It was hard to get the prescription as this is a product that not many Drs are familiar with. In 2 weeks, I almost finished the 90g tube, but my skin improved so much! My face is baby-smooth. I could go for 8 hrs without moisturizer! I finally have hope again. It still itches, but the skin quality has drastically improved. No side effects. And no more steroids!

February 4, 2014 5:10 PM
Review by mltb: User Rating:

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing (emollients) for Dry Skin: Used CeraVe moisturizer lotion on face and neck. Within 20 minutes skin extremely red and burning. I believe the ingredient "niacinamide" is the culprit. I have used retinoids for years without any problems.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 25, 2014 9:49 AM
Review by Ana_BC (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Cetaphil Lotion (emollients) for Dry Skin: I have acne and dry skin, my dermatologist suggested using Cetaphil Lotion, but it makes my skin burn and get red, and my dry skin gets worse.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 27, 2013 11:36 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

EpiCeram (emollients) for Dry Skin: My partner has suffered from severe facial eczema for the past few years, far worse than she had ever experienced before. We tried everything, from dietary interventions to Elidel to various steroids. We were truly growing quite desperate, as the eczema was so severe it was limiting my partner's ability to go out, work, or even smile and laugh. EpiCeram has completely turned her condition around, to the point where the facial eczema is almost totally eliminated. The results were FAR beyond what I even dared hope for.

February 14, 2013 7:18 PM
Review by adriennebowman (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Biafine (emollients) for Dry Skin: I got a tattoo on my lower leg. An area of it that was directly over my shin bone became an open wound after the skin peeled off. My derm gave me samples of Biafine and told me to apply it twice daily. I am amazed at the healing after only 3 days of application! The cream soothes the pain and promotes healing rapidly! I think whoever invented it should receive an award as I have never had such a rapid and significant response to a medication. I highly recommend it.....ask your derm about it. ( P.S.- I am an RN with 35 years of experience.)

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 17, 2012 7:40 AM
Review by glorya14 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Biafine (emollients) for Dry Skin: I had two facial skin biopsies performed by a dermatologist who gave me several packets of Polysporin to aid in wound healing. I had a horrible reaction to this salve (itching, redness, draining). I went back to this doctor who looked at the wounds and told me I had an allergic reaction, discontinue it, and substitute with Vaseline. After several days of using Vaseline this also didn't help at all, I went to another dermatologist who examined my wounds and gave me two sample tubes of Biafine. Within two days I was sooooooooo much better. Redness, itching and wound weeping were down considerably. I firmly believe that if I had Biafine right away, I would not have suffered as I did.

May 7, 2012 7:42 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

EpiCeram (emollients) for Dry Skin: Epi-ceram cream is amazing for eczema! The same day I applied the cream I noticed and felt a difference within a few hours. Two days later the eczema on my eye lids and around my mouth were clear. I use the cream sparingly and it works better than ANY other prescription. My insurance didn't cover it but I'm so glad I took a chance and paid for it. It was well worth the $$. Hopefully it will soon be available over the counter!

January 14, 2012 3:33 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Biafine (emollients): I am an RN and used Biafine on a number of conditions, 1st and 2nd degree burns are my favorite, because it decreases the pain tenfold. I have seen Biafine heal pressure sores that previously nothing helped and I have personally put it on things like cuts that should have taken weeks to heal and they would be completely healed in a matter of days.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 28, 2011 1:00 AM
Review by prouxpoulenc: User Rating:

EpiCeram (emollients) for Dry Skin: I have moderate eczema around my eyelids, and though cortisone based creams do have a beneficial effect in bringing down the inflammation, irritation, scaling, dryness and itching, I was concerned that long term use would cause my skin to thin, and also that I might get glaucoma or cataracts. I decided to try Epiceram after reading that Stanford medical researchers now believe that eczema is not an autoimmune disorder, but is caused by a breakdown of the skin's natural barrier due to dryness. The theory is that if you can re-moisturize the skin, outside insults from the environment will not trigger an attack. After using it for 5 days, Epiceram worked amazingly well, but to avoid stinging in my eyes, I shut my eyes after applying to let it dry.

November 30, 2010 3:08 AM
Review by rob in canada: User Rating:

EpiCeram (emollients) for Dry Skin: I have suffered with atopic dermatitis (moderate-severe) for 10 years. The inflammation and itchiness has been non-stop. My skin has been red and inflamed on my face, neck, arms, hands, and most of my body. Often, my skin has become so damaged from itching and scratching that various regions of my skin have split, such as my eyelids, neck, and knuckles. I HAVE USED EPICERAM FOR 1 WEEK AND ALL THE REDNESS HAS NEARLY CLEARED UP AND THERE ARE NO SPLITS AT ALL. I FEEL GREAT!! I can sleep comfortably. I can shower without the pain of water stinging my damaged skin. I can exercise again without sweat causing burning. I highly recommend this cream.

August 9, 2010 9:49 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Biafine (emollients) for Dry Skin: I had a dry spot just above my lip on the right side. After using biafine for two weeks it has cleared away.

June 24, 2010 5:30 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

EpiCeram (emollients) for Dry Skin: My 4 month old baby boy has used this for a week and within 2 days of use, I noticed a big improvement in his skin. It had become soft again not so dry and rough. The only problem is he screams every time we put it on him so its more like stinging for the first 10 - 15 min, rather then tingling as listed in side effects.

May 21, 2010 1:47 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tetrix Cream (emollients) for Dry Skin: Effective at controlling burning and itching of hand dermatitis.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 6, 2009 12:58 PM
Review by Skinbetter: User Rating:

EpiCeram (emollients) for Dry Skin: Cracked dry and itchy skin on my hands is much better after three weeks of use. I no longer fear getting my hands wet which used to cause a flare up of eczema especially on my knuckles. This is the best results I have had from any treatment in years. The only problem I did have was after putting it on my face after shaving (as directed by my doctor) vapors from the cream irritated my eyes.

October 1, 2009 11:16 AM