User Reviews for Emollients

Also known as: A-Mantle, Absorbase, AcidMantle, Acne-Aid, Albolene Moisturizing Cleanser, Aloe Vesta 2 -n- 1, Aloe Vesta Body Wash & Shampoo, Aloe Vesta Cleansing Foam, Aloe Vesta Cream, Aloe Vesta Perineal/Skin Cleanser, Aloe Vesta Protein Ointment, Aloe Vesta Skin Conditioner, AlphaSoft, AmeriCerin, Amerigel Barrier, ...show all 412 brand names

Learn more about Emollients.

Dry Skin 20 reviews 490 medications

Summary of Emollients reviews 20 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Emollients

Aveeno (emollients) for Dry Skin: "improves the softness of your skin but caused a terrible rash, and itched like crazy."

TroyFlippo June 14, 2015

EpiCeram (emollients) for Dry Skin: "I have been an eczema sufferer all of my life. For the most part I am eczema-free now except for my eyelids and intermittent body flares. I had been using Protopic which worked very well except I had a sensitivity to an inactive ingredient which caused large cysts on my eyebrow area which were painful. I was given trial samples of EpiCeram to use. Quite honestly, I do not find it helpful. The Protopic would clear my skin in 1-2 applications (along with the steroids for my body) whereas EpiCeram I would apply twice a day for an entire week and saw no improvement. In fact, I had a rash on my chest that I was applying the EpiCeram to and it seemed to make it worse.Used it on my face and broke out with small pimples and blotchy."

Khoupat (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2015

EpiCeram (emollients) for Dry Skin: "My hands and fingers were raw with extremely painful cracks. Within 3 days of using Epiceram the healing process began."

Sunbink April 13, 2015

Biafine (emollients) for Dry Skin: "Biafine was awesome at treating my dry skin areas of my elbows, knees, and feet. I live in an area where it is cold most of the time and my skin gets super dry in the winter. Biafine treated the dryness and helped my skin heal up good."

no more dry skin (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2015

Bag Balm (emollients) for Dry Skin: "My grandson had a severe diaper rash. Well his boom boom was severely irritated from him having watery bowel movements for months. I would clear it up n it would come back. Soon as i applied it he was all smiles n back to being busy. Prior my daughter read the can rather than Googling its uses. I came in from work laid my grandson down n told her to hold his arms while i applied the bag balm. It's like he knew what it was going to do No scratching no grabbing at his secret area. This stuff is a true life saver. So whoever made the recommendation God Bless you."

Malikka (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2015

Biafine (emollients) for Dry Skin: "I used it during radiation therapy. It was wonderful. Prevented burn, was not greasy and absorbed so quickly into the skin could dress right after application without ruining clothes."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2014

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser (emollients) for Dry Skin: "Used it for 2 days: itching, redness that turned to burning rash. Suspect it is the glycerin. May be soy derived. "

siriusalien (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2014

EpiCeram (emollients) for Dry Skin: "Have suffered from eczema all over face, neck, upper body. Nothing worked, and I had to moisturize every 15-30 mins throughout the day. 2 yrs ago, I stopped using topical steroids and had a serious rebound effect of worsening eczema. Since then, it's been manageable, but has never improved. I've tried changing my diet, going organic, different moisturizers, bleach baths, Bactroban, etc. It was hard to get the prescription as this is a product that not many Drs are familiar with. In 2 weeks, I almost finished the 90g tube, but my skin improved so much! My face is baby-smooth. I could go for 8 hrs without moisturizer! I finally have hope again. It still itches, but the skin quality has drastically improved. No side effects. And no more steroids!"

FinallyHope (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2014

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing (emollients) for Dry Skin: "Used CeraVe moisturizer lotion on face and neck. Within 20 minutes skin extremely red and burning. I believe the ingredient "niacinamide" is the culprit. I have used retinoids for years without any problems."

mltb January 25, 2014

Cetaphil Lotion (emollients) for Dry Skin: "I have acne and dry skin, my dermatologist suggested using Cetaphil Lotion, but it makes my skin burn and get red, and my dry skin gets worse."

Ana_BC (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2013

EpiCeram (emollients) for Dry Skin: "My partner has suffered from severe facial eczema for the past few years, far worse than she had ever experienced before. We tried everything, from dietary interventions to Elidel to various steroids. We were truly growing quite desperate, as the eczema was so severe it was limiting my partner's ability to go out, work, or even smile and laugh. EpiCeram has completely turned her condition around, to the point where the facial eczema is almost totally eliminated. The results were FAR beyond what I even dared hope for."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2013

Biafine (emollients) for Dry Skin: "I got a tattoo on my lower leg. An area of it that was directly over my shin bone became an open wound after the skin peeled off. My derm gave me samples of Biafine and told me to apply it twice daily. I am amazed at the healing after only 3 days of application! The cream soothes the pain and promotes healing rapidly! I think whoever invented it should receive an award as I have never had such a rapid and significant response to a medication. I highly recommend it.....ask your derm about it. ( P.S.- I am an RN with 35 years of experience.)"

adriennebowman (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2012

Biafine (emollients) for Dry Skin: "I had two facial skin biopsies performed by a dermatologist who gave me several packets of Polysporin to aid in wound healing. I had a horrible reaction to this salve (itching, redness, draining). I went back to this doctor who looked at the wounds and told me I had an allergic reaction, discontinue it, and substitute with Vaseline. After several days of using Vaseline this also didn't help at all, I went to another dermatologist who examined my wounds and gave me two sample tubes of Biafine. Within two days I was sooooooooo much better. Redness, itching and wound weeping were down considerably. I firmly believe that if I had Biafine right away, I would not have suffered as I did."

glorya14 (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2012

EpiCeram (emollients) for Dry Skin: "Epi-ceram cream is amazing for eczema! The same day I applied the cream I noticed and felt a difference within a few hours. Two days later the eczema on my eye lids and around my mouth were clear. I use the cream sparingly and it works better than ANY other prescription. My insurance didn't cover it but I'm so glad I took a chance and paid for it. It was well worth the $$. Hopefully it will soon be available over the counter!"

Anonymous January 14, 2012

Biafine (emollients) for : "I am an RN and used Biafine on a number of conditions, 1st and 2nd degree burns are my favorite, because it decreases the pain tenfold. I have seen Biafine heal pressure sores that previously nothing helped and I have personally put it on things like cuts that should have taken weeks to heal and they would be completely healed in a matter of days."

Anonymous September 28, 2011

EpiCeram (emollients) for Dry Skin: "I have moderate eczema around my eyelids, and though cortisone based creams do have a beneficial effect in bringing down the inflammation, irritation, scaling, dryness and itching, I was concerned that long term use would cause my skin to thin, and also that I might get glaucoma or cataracts. I decided to try Epiceram after reading that Stanford medical researchers now believe that eczema is not an autoimmune disorder, but is caused by a breakdown of the skin's natural barrier due to dryness. The theory is that if you can re-moisturize the skin, outside insults from the environment will not trigger an attack. After using it for 5 days, Epiceram worked amazingly well, but to avoid stinging in my eyes, I shut my eyes after applying to let it dry."

prouxpoulenc November 30, 2010

EpiCeram (emollients) for Dry Skin: "I have suffered with atopic dermatitis (moderate-severe) for 10 years. The inflammation and itchiness has been non-stop. My skin has been red and inflamed on my face, neck, arms, hands, and most of my body. Often, my skin has become so damaged from itching and scratching that various regions of my skin have split, such as my eyelids, neck, and knuckles. I HAVE USED EPICERAM FOR 1 WEEK AND ALL THE REDNESS HAS NEARLY CLEARED UP AND THERE ARE NO SPLITS AT ALL. I FEEL GREAT!! I can sleep comfortably. I can shower without the pain of water stinging my damaged skin. I can exercise again without sweat causing burning. I highly recommend this cream."

rob in canada August 9, 2010

Biafine (emollients) for Dry Skin: "I had a dry spot just above my lip on the right side. After using biafine for two weeks it has cleared away."

Anonymous June 24, 2010

EpiCeram (emollients) for Dry Skin: "My 4 month old baby boy has used this for a week and within 2 days of use, I noticed a big improvement in his skin. It had become soft again not so dry and rough. The only problem is he screams every time we put it on him so its more like stinging for the first 10 - 15 min, rather then tingling as listed in side effects."

Anonymous May 21, 2010

Tetrix Cream (emollients) for Dry Skin: "Effective at controlling burning and itching of hand dermatitis."

Anonymous November 6, 2009

EpiCeram (emollients) for Dry Skin: "Cracked dry and itchy skin on my hands is much better after three weeks of use. I no longer fear getting my hands wet which used to cause a flare up of eczema especially on my knuckles. This is the best results I have had from any treatment in years. The only problem I did have was after putting it on my face after shaving (as directed by my doctor) vapors from the cream irritated my eyes."

Skinbetter October 1, 2009