User Reviews for Emollients

Also known as: A-Mantle, Absorbase, AcidMantle, Acne-Aid, Albolene Moisturizing Cleanser, Aloe Vesta 2 -n- 1, Aloe Vesta Body Wash & Shampoo, Aloe Vesta Cleansing Foam, Aloe Vesta Cream, Aloe Vesta Perineal/Skin Cleanser, Aloe Vesta Protein Ointment, Aloe Vesta Skin Conditioner, AlphaSoft, AmeriCerin, Amerigel Barrier, ...show all 412 brand names

Learn more about Emollients.

Emollients review summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 117 medications used in the treatment of Dry Skin.

Reviews for Emollients to treat Dry Skin

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Biafine (emollients): I used it during radiation therapy. It was wonderful. Prevented burn, was not greasy and absorbed so quickly into the skin could dress right after application without ruining clothes.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2014 11:23 AM

Review by siriusalien (taken for less than 1 month):

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser (emollients): Used it for 2 days: itching, redness that turned to burning rash. Suspect it is the glycerin. May be soy derived.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 3, 2014 10:44 AM

Review by FinallyHope (taken for 1 to 6 months):

EpiCeram (emollients): Have suffered from eczema all over face, neck, upper body. Nothing worked, and I had to moisturize every 15-30 mins throughout the day. 2 yrs ago, I stopped using topical steroids and had a serious rebound effect of worsening eczema. Since then, it's been manageable, but has never improved. I've tried changing my diet, going organic, different moisturizers, bleach baths, Bactroban, etc. It was hard to get the prescription as this is a product that not many Drs are familiar with. In 2 weeks, I almost finished the 90g tube, but my skin improved so much! My face is baby-smooth. I could go for 8 hrs without moisturizer! I finally have hope again. It still itches, but the skin quality has drastically improved. No side effects. And no more steroids!

February 4, 2014 5:10 PM

Review by mltb:

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing (emollients): Used CeraVe moisturizer lotion on face and neck. Within 20 minutes skin extremely red and burning. I believe the ingredient "niacinamide" is the culprit. I have used retinoids for years without any problems.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 25, 2014 9:49 AM

Review by Ana_BC (taken for less than 1 month):

Cetaphil Lotion (emollients): I have acne and dry skin, my dermatologist suggested using Cetaphil Lotion, but it makes my skin burn and get red, and my dry skin gets worse.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 27, 2013 11:36 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

EpiCeram (emollients): My partner has suffered from severe facial eczema for the past few years, far worse than she had ever experienced before. We tried everything, from dietary interventions to Elidel to various steroids. We were truly growing quite desperate, as the eczema was so severe it was limiting my partner's ability to go out, work, or even smile and laugh. EpiCeram has completely turned her condition around, to the point where the facial eczema is almost totally eliminated. The results were FAR beyond what I even dared hope for.

February 14, 2013 7:18 PM

Review by adriennebowman (taken for less than 1 month):

Biafine (emollients): I got a tattoo on my lower leg. An area of it that was directly over my shin bone became an open wound after the skin peeled off. My derm gave me samples of Biafine and told me to apply it twice daily. I am amazed at the healing after only 3 days of application! The cream soothes the pain and promotes healing rapidly! I think whoever invented it should receive an award as I have never had such a rapid and significant response to a medication. I highly recommend it.....ask your derm about it. ( P.S.- I am an RN with 35 years of experience.)

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 17, 2012 7:40 AM

Review by glorya14 (taken for less than 1 month):

Biafine (emollients): I had two facial skin biopsies performed by a dermatologist who gave me several packets of Polysporin to aid in wound healing. I had a horrible reaction to this salve (itching, redness, draining). I went back to this doctor who looked at the wounds and told me I had an allergic reaction, discontinue it, and substitute with Vaseline. After several days of using Vaseline this also didn't help at all, I went to another dermatologist who examined my wounds and gave me two sample tubes of Biafine. Within two days I was sooooooooo much better. Redness, itching and wound weeping were down considerably. I firmly believe that if I had Biafine right away, I would not have suffered as I did.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 7, 2012 7:42 PM

EpiCeram (emollients): Epi-ceram cream is amazing for eczema! The same day I applied the cream I noticed and felt a difference within a few hours. Two days later the eczema on my eye lids and around my mouth were clear. I use the cream sparingly and it works better than ANY other prescription. My insurance didn't cover it but I'm so glad I took a chance and paid for it. It was well worth the $$. Hopefully it will soon be available over the counter!

January 14, 2012 3:33 AM

Review by prouxpoulenc:

EpiCeram (emollients): I have moderate eczema around my eyelids, and though cortisone based creams do have a beneficial effect in bringing down the inflammation, irritation, scaling, dryness and itching, I was concerned that long term use would cause my skin to thin, and also that I might get glaucoma or cataracts. I decided to try Epiceram after reading that Stanford medical researchers now believe that eczema is not an autoimmune disorder, but is caused by a breakdown of the skin's natural barrier due to dryness. The theory is that if you can re-moisturize the skin, outside insults from the environment will not trigger an attack. After using it for 5 days, Epiceram worked amazingly well, but to avoid stinging in my eyes, I shut my eyes after applying to let it dry.

November 30, 2010 3:08 AM

Review by rob in canada:

EpiCeram (emollients): I have suffered with atopic dermatitis (moderate-severe) for 10 years. The inflammation and itchiness has been non-stop. My skin has been red and inflamed on my face, neck, arms, hands, and most of my body. Often, my skin has become so damaged from itching and scratching that various regions of my skin have split, such as my eyelids, neck, and knuckles. I HAVE USED EPICERAM FOR 1 WEEK AND ALL THE REDNESS HAS NEARLY CLEARED UP AND THERE ARE NO SPLITS AT ALL. I FEEL GREAT!! I can sleep comfortably. I can shower without the pain of water stinging my damaged skin. I can exercise again without sweat causing burning. I highly recommend this cream.

August 9, 2010 9:49 PM

Biafine (emollients): I had a dry spot just above my lip on the right side. After using biafine for two weeks it has cleared away.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2010 5:30 PM

EpiCeram (emollients): My 4 month old baby boy has used this for a week and within 2 days of use, I noticed a big improvement in his skin. It had become soft again not so dry and rough. The only problem is he screams every time we put it on him so its more like stinging for the first 10 - 15 min, rather then tingling as listed in side effects.

May 21, 2010 1:47 PM

Tetrix Cream (emollients): Effective at controlling burning and itching of hand dermatitis.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 6, 2009 12:58 PM

Review by Skinbetter:

EpiCeram (emollients): Cracked dry and itchy skin on my hands is much better after three weeks of use. I no longer fear getting my hands wet which used to cause a flare up of eczema especially on my knuckles. This is the best results I have had from any treatment in years. The only problem I did have was after putting it on my face after shaving (as directed by my doctor) vapors from the cream irritated my eyes.

October 1, 2009 11:16 AM