User Reviews for Vaniqa

Learn more about Vaniqa.

Vaniqa Rating Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 12 medications used in the treatment of Hirsutism.

Reviews for Vaniqa to treat Hirsutism

"Having been using this on and off since I've bought it. I don't know if it's only me but it has made my overall skin VERY dry. I'm not complaining since I have naturally oily skin. However it is extremely tight-feeling and unusual. It also stings ALOT if you have removed hair on the day ie threading. I haven't noticed a difference on the thickness of my hair or any decrease in growth. After trading such positive reviews I do hope it works for myself and other women out there suffering! Really do wish this is the "miracle" cream it has been labelled since it was super expensive here in the UK"

Hairyprincess (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2016

"Miracle cream. have suffered with excessive facial hair since I was 13, I'm now 58. It started working almost immediately, In less than 2 months I am completely free from facial hair, and I am no longer afraid to let people hug me for fear of scratching them. Wish it would have been available years ago, it would have saved me a lot of grief..."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2016

"Wow this cream works I have pcos and after years of plucking every day as the hair was so bad my doctor prescribed vaniqa . The difference is very noticeable after under 2 months."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2016

"I take Seroxat/Paxil for depression. When I started to use Vaniqa, it worked for hairs but I didn't realize that it was making me very depressed! Be careful"

orpingtonhen April 12, 2016

"I have suffered with corse chin and upper lip hair for such a long time causing me to feel embarrassed and just not good about myself. I would pluck on a daily basis making my skin blotchy and sore. I took the plunge after months of research on Vaniqa and bought the cream. I been using twice a day for 6 weeks now and I'm thrilled with the results. Smooth skin hardly and hairs. So pleased. Ladies don't suffer like I did get this product. It's the best ever"

1237 March 30, 2016

"I've been told by my GP this cream is not licensed in the UK. I know it's available through online prescriptions by UK pharmacies. Why am I being lied to? I've tried their suggestion of being on Dianette, and I've seen no change in hair growth after being on it for a year. I am beggining to wonder if they are trying to dodge the option of prescribing this cream to me due to it's price (£80.50)"

h16 (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2016

"I used this cream a long time ago and was very happy. It's pretty expensive, costs me about $150. My Pharmacy was able to get me a voucher. I stopped using because it was so expensive and started using other hair removal products. I'm fair skinned and the OTC products burned my face so bad. I eventually went back to the Vaniqa. A tube usually lasts me for 3 months so I figured the cost was reasonable compared to other products I used. I have read some bad reviews so I guess everyone is different. I start Vaniqa daily but just once a day in the evening before bed. I apply pretty much on my entire lower face and neck area. I'm really hairy and although they are blonde it looks terrible. I love this product really works for me."

Miraboo (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2016

"Been suffering hirsutism since I was 17, course, dark hairs on my neck, chin, and up the sides of my face, its got worse as the years have went on I'm now 25 and couldn't cope any longer, I kept this to myself and it drained the life out of me, I didn't go out, I suffered depression I had to shave twice a day depending on what I had to do on that day, if I wasn't at work I wouldn't shave and stayed at home because shaving every day was ruining my face with so many rashes, i finally got the courage to visit my gp and she prescribed me this, I've been using this cream for 4 weeks and I'm already seeing an improvement, don't suffer ladies, get vaniqa!!"

Hairnomorre (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2016

"I've been using the generic, Eflora, which has the same active ingredient. I have dark coarse on parts of my face. My upper-lip isn't too bad (manageable, mostly just dark fine hairs), but my chin is horrible. If I shaved, it really had to be twice a day, and even after shaving, my skin could still feel prickly. The left side was inexplicably worse than the right. I started noticing results on the thinner and/or slower growing hair first... Two Weeks: Start seeing results with hair between eyebrows and on upper-lip (these areas weren't too bad). Four Weeks: Start seeing results all over, including chin. Eight Weeks: Still improving, growth extremely slowed except for left side of chin. Left side of chin is slowing, just not as much."

Dapper13 February 24, 2016

"For me it doesn't work, not even in one single hair of my face, darker or lighter. I'm using for one month and half and no results till now. What a waste of money"

wakawaka December 31, 2015

"I've been using this for about 3 months. I have not seen a reduction in hair. It really dried my skin out making the hair look worse. It is really expensive at $100. I'm going to finish this bottle then I am done. It was worth a shot."

Sadiesw December 1, 2015

"Did nothing for me. I have been applying vaniqua twice a.day to my chin for over 2 months and I haven't noticed any change whatsoever. I will continue.to try until tube.is empty but will NOT repurchase. I don't want people.out there falsely assume this is some.sort of miracles cream that works fort everyone.. I have sharp, dark hairs on my chin and a few.scattered ones on my face and chest and I've had it since I was 20. I think electrolysis is the only way for me to better my "condition". Good luck to all out there battling this."

Mandaaaa November 4, 2015

"I have suffered with strong facial hair on my neck & chin for 2yrs. It was an nightmare I would stand in a mirror plucking for 2hrs which is not good when you have a school run to do. I have recently noticed my facial hair getting worse & the more I plucked the more rashes in growing hairs I was getting. It was ruining my life. I went to my local GP with an infection on my neck from plucking & he prescribed me Vaniqa cream. I have to tell everyone who suffers like me don't get the cream it's amazing I have been using it for 3days (not long I know) but the difference in my skin & hair growth is amazing. I have smoother skin & my bumps are nearly none existent."

Allinson September 23, 2015

"I have been using Vaniqa for about 12 years now and it has been amazing. I have always had DARK and LONG peach fuzz all over my face. Vaniqa got rid of it. I do still grow a mustache and some thicker hairs on my chin, especially as I get older but I can manage that with tweezers. It's the full face peach fuzz that was unmanageable. Make sure you apply the vaniqa as the last step in your facial regimen. For awhile I was putting in on first, under my other products thinking it would work better, but then I started losing hair at the end of my left eyebrow. Took me awhile to realize that when I put other lotions on over the Vaniqa, I was spreading it on to my eyebrows. Hair grew back when I was more careful."

HairyChick (taken for 10 years or more) September 12, 2015

"I have loads of hair on chin, gone hard like a mans beard but I've been using this cream few days & WOW I can't explain skin feels so soft so people get down to docters and get it best thing ever"

Anonymous August 8, 2015

"I had very course dark facial hair on dark skin and was constantly self waxing under my chin. If I went a 2 weeks without waxing I felt as if I had beard. After burning my skin several times with hot wax on my face, I turned to shaving. Now shaving had the hair back within 48hrs and causing hair bumps. Embarrassed but determined, I finally asked my Dr. For help and after a short time with Vaniqa. .. WOW its working! Notice results after 2 weeks!!! I suggest plucking the area if it's your face, to remove hair from shaft. Ladies I DON'T recommend shaving since you're just cutting the hair not re moving it. I use a small amount 2x a day. The hair that is growing back is much finer and I am plucking very few course hairs."

Bearded girl July 24, 2015

"I have been using this cream for almost a year and it's completely changed my life. Prior to vaniqa I was shaving every day which was very upsetting I felt very embarrassed every thing in my life from where I was going or doing I had to consider my embarrassing problem would I be able to shave. It was the last thing I thought about at night and the first thing I thought about in the morning. Not anymore now I shave maybe once a week the growth has reduced by about 80% so it's a very light shave my self esteem is fantastic. I don't have pcos my dr said it was ATypical (means no reason I think) I'm in the UK so get this on script"

Hollicris July 23, 2015

"I have had the problem of facial hair for around 7 years, waxing, laser, plucking worked to an extent but I was still always self conscious as it would come back quickly. I knew there would be something out there to help me so got online and found reviews on this cream. I have been using for around 4 weeks now and the results are amazing. Hair regrowth has reduced amazingly, my skin feels smoother rather than stubbly, and my self esteem when out (especially in bright places) has improved so much! I highly recommend this cream to anyone who suffers from facial hair and has it effect their self esteem. It is expensive, but very worth it. My insurance paid for half of it."

vaniqauser (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2015

"I have been using Vaniqa since 2010 for facial hair. I have never had to shave, but lots of plucking! It works wonderfully and I have also had laser done to remove my darker hair on my lip, chin and neck area. My complaint is the price. It has doubled in price since I started using it and the manufacturer's coupon is only $35.00 (up from $25.00 originally). I thought when a medication was available in generic the original would go down in price. I started ordering from Canada two years ago and now their price for the name brand has gone up enough that I am now ordering the generic. Unlike in Europe, in the US it is considered cosmetic and insurance will not cover. Does any one know of any other discounts in the US?"

Anonymous March 24, 2015

"I've had facial hair seen I was a teenager in 2007. I was told I have polycystic ovarian syndrome. I tried everything to get rid of the hair and used not want to go out I've only been using the cream a few days and I have seen a small improvement only time will tell."

kimr83 (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2015

"I dont have PCOS however i have horrid dark and very coarse hair on my chin and under it since I was a teenager. I have to shave every day,being a woman it is such a horrible feeling. I feel embarassed in bright sunshine and dread the summer months. I have had lazer, and didnt work. I thought nothing would help so i got the courage to go to my doctor who perscribed me Vaniqua one week ago today. I dont want to jinx it but i think its starting to work already. I usually shave in the morning and by nighttime in bed i can usually feel the stubble through again but the past few nights its been smooth with a small bit through in the morning. Its still bumpy underneath but its only been a week so im hoping it keeps working! Will update again soon"

irish hairy mary (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2015

"I've suffered all my adult life with facial hair and had tried all other methods of hair removal but no good. I'd been plucking 2-3 times a day a tweezer literally in every room and handbag. About 4 weeks ago went on line and read about this cream and decided to give it a go and it has changed my life in 3 weeks the hair though still there is finer and slower growth now only plucking every few days, I know its early days but felt had to share my experience."

Anonymous January 9, 2015

"Life changing. Amazing. I was doubtful having tried laser two separate times. I've been using this for about 2 months and it has reduced the facial hair growth so much I am shocked. I just got my second tube. It's expensive, and my insurance would not pay for any of it, but its worth it."

FlGrl (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2014

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been using Vaniqa for just over a week and I can already see a massive improvement. I have very dark facial hair which I have to pluck daily and always had a dark shadow. I am so pleased to say that so far so good, the shadow is disappearing and the hair that's growing back is finer and no where near as dark! Hirsutism is the most embarrassing thing ever. I went to my drs in the UK and was told I was not eligible for this cream on an NHS prescription and so my dr wrote me a private one. When I went to the chemist I was quoted over "

Jukesy (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2014

"I have hirsutism due to polycystic ovarian syndrome. So I started using this product 5 days ago and oh my! I don't want to tempt fate but wow, it's working already. Over the past couple of days I've seen the biggest improvement. The stubble that's growing through isn't coming in nearly as quickly and when I shave you can barely see the little black hairs under the skin. I would normally have to shave at the very least, once a day and again if I was going out in the evening. Evening comes and my razor is still attached to my bathroom wall. I will say that I am using slightly above the recommended dosage. Sometimes three times daily, rather than two and a slightly thicker than thin coat. I live in the UK where a 60g tube on prescription is only "

Emmy22 June 16, 2014