User Reviews for Vaniqa

Learn more about Vaniqa.

Hirsutism 21 reviews 9 medications

Summary of Vaniqa reviews 21 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Vaniqa

For Hirsutism "I have had the problem of facial hair for around 7 years, waxing, laser, plucking worked to an extent but I was still always self conscious as it would come back quickly. I knew there would be something out there to help me so got online and found reviews on this cream. I have been using for around 4 weeks now and the results are amazing. Hair regrowth has reduced amazingly, my skin feels smoother rather than stubbly, and my self esteem when out (especially in bright places) has improved so much! I highly recommend this cream to anyone who suffers from facial hair and has it effect their self esteem. It is expensive, but very worth it. My insurance paid for half of it."

vaniqauser (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2015

For Hirsutism "I have been using Vaniqa since 2010 for facial hair. I have never had to shave, but lots of plucking! It works wonderfully and I have also had laser done to remove my darker hair on my lip, chin and neck area. My complaint is the price. It has doubled in price since I started using it and the manufacturer's coupon is only $35.00 (up from $25.00 originally). I thought when a medication was available in generic the original would go down in price. I started ordering from Canada two years ago and now their price for the name brand has gone up enough that I am now ordering the generic. Unlike in Europe, in the US it is considered cosmetic and insurance will not cover. Does any one know of any other discounts in the US?"

Anonymous March 24, 2015

For Hirsutism "I've had facial hair seen I was a teenager in 2007. I was told I have polycystic ovarian syndrome. I tried everything to get rid of the hair and used not want to go out I've only been using the cream a few days and I have seen a small improvement only time will tell."

kimr83 (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2015

For Hirsutism "I dont have PCOS however i have horrid dark and very coarse hair on my chin and under it since I was a teenager. I have to shave every day,being a woman it is such a horrible feeling. I feel embarassed in bright sunshine and dread the summer months. I have had lazer, and didnt work. I thought nothing would help so i got the courage to go to my doctor who perscribed me Vaniqua one week ago today. I dont want to jinx it but i think its starting to work already. I usually shave in the morning and by nighttime in bed i can usually feel the stubble through again but the past few nights its been smooth with a small bit through in the morning. Its still bumpy underneath but its only been a week so im hoping it keeps working! Will update again soon"

irish hairy mary (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2015

For Hirsutism "I've suffered all my adult life with facial hair and had tried all other methods of hair removal but no good. I'd been plucking 2-3 times a day a tweezer literally in every room and handbag. About 4 weeks ago went on line and read about this cream and decided to give it a go and it has changed my life in 3 weeks the hair though still there is finer and slower growth now only plucking every few days, I know its early days but felt had to share my experience."

Anonymous January 9, 2015

For Hirsutism "Life changing. Amazing. I was doubtful having tried laser two separate times. I've been using this for about 2 months and it has reduced the facial hair growth so much I am shocked. I just got my second tube. It's expensive, and my insurance would not pay for any of it, but its worth it."

FlGrl (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2014

For Hirsutism "I have been using Vaniqa for just over a week and I can already see a massive improvement. I have very dark facial hair which I have to pluck daily and always had a dark shadow. I am so pleased to say that so far so good, the shadow is disappearing and the hair that's growing back is finer and no where near as dark! Hirsutism is the most embarrassing thing ever. I went to my drs in the UK and was told I was not eligible for this cream on an NHS prescription and so my dr wrote me a private one. When I went to the chemist I was quoted over "

Jukesy (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2014

For Hirsutism "I have hirsutism due to polycystic ovarian syndrome. So I started using this product 5 days ago and oh my! I don't want to tempt fate but wow, it's working already. Over the past couple of days I've seen the biggest improvement. The stubble that's growing through isn't coming in nearly as quickly and when I shave you can barely see the little black hairs under the skin. I would normally have to shave at the very least, once a day and again if I was going out in the evening. Evening comes and my razor is still attached to my bathroom wall. I will say that I am using slightly above the recommended dosage. Sometimes three times daily, rather than two and a slightly thicker than thin coat. I live in the UK where a 60g tube on prescription is only "

Emmy22 June 16, 2014

For Hirsutism "I'm writing a second review on Vaniqa. I started using this in February this year. Twice a day although some days/times I do forget. I just want to say how delighted I am to have found this. It has totally and completely changed my life! I had terrible male pattern hair growth all over my cheeks, chin, upper and lower lip and starting to grow down my neck. I used to pluck for up to 2 hrs a time every 3rd day but was never hair free. I wouldn't kiss anyone hello or goodbye as even plucked the stubble could be felt under my skin. 3 months on im not scared of being caught in bright sunlight I pluck around once a fortnight and it takes around 10 mins. The hairs that are coming through are soft and downy. My life is transformed."

lmc1967 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2014

For Hirsutism "For me, this medication worked everywhere but on my facial hair. It was definitely systemic for me as I noticed no hair growth in areas of my body, previously hairy, but no change in my facial hair. I have rheumatoid arthritis and I take a medication that causes hair loss. I noticed that there was no regrowth in hair on my scalp that I lost from the medication. "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2014

For Hirsutism "I have always had facial hair but after my menopause started prematurely the hair growth became very much like a man's. I would pluck at least 2 times a week and each session would last 2 hrs. I started using Vaniqa 2 weeks ago. I plucked whole face the same day and 2 weeks later I have only just had a few small areas that have needed plucking today which is the first time and even those hairs are fairly soft and finer. I love Vaniqa and feel like its changed my life!"

lmc9977661lmc (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2014

For Hirsutism "I have PCOS and so I have a great amount of upper lip hair and on my chin. Instead of pulling 20 chin hair a day I pull about 4-5 if I use the product 2 times per day. I have also noticed over the past 3 months that the hair on my head has been falling out so I backed off on using this product to 1 time per day. I continue to lose a number of hairs from my head everyday. I know if I back off to using Vaniqua once every other day my chin and lip hair will increase so not sure what to do."

cheese6 January 11, 2014

For Hirsutism "I have had excess facial hair since I was 17. I was tweezing at least every other day before I discovered Vaniqa. I have been using Vaniqa for about 6 weeks and have noticed a big difference in the amount of facial hair that has grown back. I am now tweezing only a couple times a week. This creme is pricey, but is well worth it! I wish I had discovered it years ago!"

Anonymous April 2, 2012

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hirsutism "I'm in the UK and get this on prescription - just have to pay the usual £7.45 each time I get it which is approximately once per month. I think it is brilliant. In the past couple of years I seemed to have alot more peach fuzz and some coarser hair on my neck. This has slowed growth down to the point where it has almost stopped and I only occasionally have to pluck the odd hair rather than spend an hour every evening. It has given me my life back."

Anonymous March 4, 2012

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hirsutism "I have had immediate results with Vaniqa, reducing coarse hairs on my chin and all hair on upper lip. I also noticed a big reduction in whiteheads and ingrown hairs on my chin. Because I also have had moderate hair loss with thinning on my entire head, I reduced application to once every day. I still had hair coming out on brushing so now down to once every other day."

Anonymous December 17, 2011

For Hirsutism "I have PCOS so I've been unfortunate enough to have the ugly facial hair situation. Mostly on my chin, and its really coarse hair. My doctor put me on Vaniqa, and I have to say, after all these years of struggling with facial hair removers, waxes, creams, this is the best by far. I've only been on it probably around 2-3 weeks and I saw an immediate difference. Even without using a facial hair remover, its cleared up my skin, the hair doesn't come back as quickly and its really made a huge difference. Granted it is expensive. Hope this helps!"

KayFTL August 6, 2011

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Only started using a couple of days ago and I can already notice a difference. Luckily its covered on our NHS. "

Anonymous April 27, 2011

For Hirsutism "I have been using this for about 2 years now and it seemed to work much better in the beginning. Still have problems with having to pluck the wild hairs before on upper lip and chin. However, the finer hair (fuzz) is much better."

Anonymous February 6, 2010

For Hirsutism "Loving Vaniqa so far! Some details on my facial hair situation. I don't have PCOS, yet have severe facial hair issues (full beard if I let it go, especially around chin and on neck). Spent thousands of dollars on laser hair removal, and as soon as I stopped getting the laser treatments, the hair all came back, worse than before. Using Nair or Veet only worked for the soft hair on my cheeks, irritated my skin horribly, and didn't do ANYTHING for the prickly chin and neck hair. I've never been brave enough to shave (except my mustache area), for fear of even worse beard-effect. Waxing didn't touch the problem. Vaniqa, after about 4 weeks of faithful twice a day use, has significantly slowed the growth. Now pluck a few minutes a day only!"

desert_rat September 20, 2009

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hirsutism "I have been using Vaniqa for 2 years now. I love it. It is a bit pricey but well worth every penny. I apply it twice a day morning and night. Continue shaving plucking or whatever you do but you will notice you will be doing it much less now. I don't know what I would do without this product. Good luck!"

Anonymous June 13, 2009

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hirsutism "I have had hair problems all my life using many different hair removal techniques. None gave a real good outcome and I still didn't like being out in the sun wondering if people were staring at all the facial hair. I apply at night and in the morning. I tried doing once a day, but started getting some hair growth. I now have absolutely not one hair on my face. I have been using for about a year. TIP: Use a damp washcloth on face first so cream will spread more easily and will give more applications per tube."

Anonymous April 19, 2009

172 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hirsutism "Works great for me. Only apply once per day because it is expensive and not covered by insurance. I am very light skined with light hair, but a few patches of ugly dark facial hair - chin, neck, etc. Need to pluck a few every now and then, but for the most part a huge difference. Maybe my imagination, but also notice my skin is tighter. I'll like it."

FortLauderdale May 28, 2008

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate