User Reviews for Vaniqa

Hirsutism 29 reviews 9 medications

8.3
Summary of Vaniqa reviews 29 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Vaniqa

For Hirsutism "For me it doesn't work, not even in one single hair of my face, darker or lighter. I'm using for one month and half and no results till now. What a waste of money"

wakawaka December 31, 2015

For Hirsutism "I've been using this for about 3 months. I have not seen a reduction in hair. It really dried my skin out making the hair look worse. It is really expensive at $100. I'm going to finish this bottle then I am done. It was worth a shot."

Sadiesw December 1, 2015

For Hirsutism "Did nothing for me. I have been applying vaniqua twice a.day to my chin for over 2 months and I haven't noticed any change whatsoever. I will continue.to try until tube.is empty but will NOT repurchase. I don't want people.out there falsely assume this is some.sort of miracles cream that works fort everyone.. I have sharp, dark hairs on my chin and a few.scattered ones on my face and chest and I've had it since I was 20. I think electrolysis is the only way for me to better my "condition". Good luck to all out there battling this."

Mandaaaa November 4, 2015

For Hirsutism "I have suffered with strong facial hair on my neck & chin for 2yrs. It was an nightmare I would stand in a mirror plucking for 2hrs which is not good when you have a school run to do. I have recently noticed my facial hair getting worse & the more I plucked the more rashes in growing hairs I was getting. It was ruining my life. I went to my local GP with an infection on my neck from plucking & he prescribed me Vaniqa cream. I have to tell everyone who suffers like me don't get the cream it's amazing I have been using it for 3days (not long I know) but the difference in my skin & hair growth is amazing. I have smoother skin & my bumps are nearly none existent."

Allinson September 23, 2015

For Hirsutism "I have been using Vaniqa for about 12 years now and it has been amazing. I have always had DARK and LONG peach fuzz all over my face. Vaniqa got rid of it. I do still grow a mustache and some thicker hairs on my chin, especially as I get older but I can manage that with tweezers. It's the full face peach fuzz that was unmanageable. Make sure you apply the vaniqa as the last step in your facial regimen. For awhile I was putting in on first, under my other products thinking it would work better, but then I started losing hair at the end of my left eyebrow. Took me awhile to realize that when I put other lotions on over the Vaniqa, I was spreading it on to my eyebrows. Hair grew back when I was more careful."

HairyChick (taken for 10 years or more) September 12, 2015

For Hirsutism "I have loads of hair on chin, gone hard like a mans beard but I've been using this cream few days & WOW I can't explain skin feels so soft so people get down to docters and get it best thing ever"

Anonymous August 8, 2015

For Hirsutism "I had very course dark facial hair on dark skin and was constantly self waxing under my chin. If I went a 2 weeks without waxing I felt as if I had beard. After burning my skin several times with hot wax on my face, I turned to shaving. Now shaving had the hair back within 48hrs and causing hair bumps. Embarrassed but determined, I finally asked my Dr. For help and after a short time with Vaniqa. .. WOW its working! Notice results after 2 weeks!!! I suggest plucking the area if it's your face, to remove hair from shaft. Ladies I DON'T recommend shaving since you're just cutting the hair not re moving it. I use a small amount 2x a day. The hair that is growing back is much finer and I am plucking very few course hairs."

Bearded girl July 24, 2015

For Hirsutism "I have been using this cream for almost a year and it's completely changed my life. Prior to vaniqa I was shaving every day which was very upsetting I felt very embarrassed every thing in my life from where I was going or doing I had to consider my embarrassing problem would I be able to shave. It was the last thing I thought about at night and the first thing I thought about in the morning. Not anymore now I shave maybe once a week the growth has reduced by about 80% so it's a very light shave my self esteem is fantastic. I don't have pcos my dr said it was ATypical (means no reason I think) I'm in the UK so get this on script"

Hollicris July 23, 2015

For Hirsutism "I have had the problem of facial hair for around 7 years, waxing, laser, plucking worked to an extent but I was still always self conscious as it would come back quickly. I knew there would be something out there to help me so got online and found reviews on this cream. I have been using for around 4 weeks now and the results are amazing. Hair regrowth has reduced amazingly, my skin feels smoother rather than stubbly, and my self esteem when out (especially in bright places) has improved so much! I highly recommend this cream to anyone who suffers from facial hair and has it effect their self esteem. It is expensive, but very worth it. My insurance paid for half of it."

vaniqauser (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2015

For Hirsutism "I have been using Vaniqa since 2010 for facial hair. I have never had to shave, but lots of plucking! It works wonderfully and I have also had laser done to remove my darker hair on my lip, chin and neck area. My complaint is the price. It has doubled in price since I started using it and the manufacturer's coupon is only $35.00 (up from $25.00 originally). I thought when a medication was available in generic the original would go down in price. I started ordering from Canada two years ago and now their price for the name brand has gone up enough that I am now ordering the generic. Unlike in Europe, in the US it is considered cosmetic and insurance will not cover. Does any one know of any other discounts in the US?"

Anonymous March 24, 2015

For Hirsutism "I've had facial hair seen I was a teenager in 2007. I was told I have polycystic ovarian syndrome. I tried everything to get rid of the hair and used not want to go out I've only been using the cream a few days and I have seen a small improvement only time will tell."

kimr83 (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2015

For Hirsutism "I dont have PCOS however i have horrid dark and very coarse hair on my chin and under it since I was a teenager. I have to shave every day,being a woman it is such a horrible feeling. I feel embarassed in bright sunshine and dread the summer months. I have had lazer, and didnt work. I thought nothing would help so i got the courage to go to my doctor who perscribed me Vaniqua one week ago today. I dont want to jinx it but i think its starting to work already. I usually shave in the morning and by nighttime in bed i can usually feel the stubble through again but the past few nights its been smooth with a small bit through in the morning. Its still bumpy underneath but its only been a week so im hoping it keeps working! Will update again soon"

irish hairy mary (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2015

For Hirsutism "I've suffered all my adult life with facial hair and had tried all other methods of hair removal but no good. I'd been plucking 2-3 times a day a tweezer literally in every room and handbag. About 4 weeks ago went on line and read about this cream and decided to give it a go and it has changed my life in 3 weeks the hair though still there is finer and slower growth now only plucking every few days, I know its early days but felt had to share my experience."

Anonymous January 9, 2015

For Hirsutism "Life changing. Amazing. I was doubtful having tried laser two separate times. I've been using this for about 2 months and it has reduced the facial hair growth so much I am shocked. I just got my second tube. It's expensive, and my insurance would not pay for any of it, but its worth it."

FlGrl (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2014

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hirsutism "I have been using Vaniqa for just over a week and I can already see a massive improvement. I have very dark facial hair which I have to pluck daily and always had a dark shadow. I am so pleased to say that so far so good, the shadow is disappearing and the hair that's growing back is finer and no where near as dark! Hirsutism is the most embarrassing thing ever. I went to my drs in the UK and was told I was not eligible for this cream on an NHS prescription and so my dr wrote me a private one. When I went to the chemist I was quoted over "

Jukesy (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2014

For Hirsutism "I have hirsutism due to polycystic ovarian syndrome. So I started using this product 5 days ago and oh my! I don't want to tempt fate but wow, it's working already. Over the past couple of days I've seen the biggest improvement. The stubble that's growing through isn't coming in nearly as quickly and when I shave you can barely see the little black hairs under the skin. I would normally have to shave at the very least, once a day and again if I was going out in the evening. Evening comes and my razor is still attached to my bathroom wall. I will say that I am using slightly above the recommended dosage. Sometimes three times daily, rather than two and a slightly thicker than thin coat. I live in the UK where a 60g tube on prescription is only "

Emmy22 June 16, 2014

For Hirsutism "I'm writing a second review on Vaniqa. I started using this in February this year. Twice a day although some days/times I do forget. I just want to say how delighted I am to have found this. It has totally and completely changed my life! I had terrible male pattern hair growth all over my cheeks, chin, upper and lower lip and starting to grow down my neck. I used to pluck for up to 2 hrs a time every 3rd day but was never hair free. I wouldn't kiss anyone hello or goodbye as even plucked the stubble could be felt under my skin. 3 months on im not scared of being caught in bright sunlight I pluck around once a fortnight and it takes around 10 mins. The hairs that are coming through are soft and downy. My life is transformed."

lmc1967 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2014

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hirsutism "For me, this medication worked everywhere but on my facial hair. It was definitely systemic for me as I noticed no hair growth in areas of my body, previously hairy, but no change in my facial hair. I have rheumatoid arthritis and I take a medication that causes hair loss. I noticed that there was no regrowth in hair on my scalp that I lost from the medication. "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2014

For Hirsutism "I have always had facial hair but after my menopause started prematurely the hair growth became very much like a man's. I would pluck at least 2 times a week and each session would last 2 hrs. I started using Vaniqa 2 weeks ago. I plucked whole face the same day and 2 weeks later I have only just had a few small areas that have needed plucking today which is the first time and even those hairs are fairly soft and finer. I love Vaniqa and feel like its changed my life!"

lmc9977661lmc (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2014

For Hirsutism "I have PCOS and so I have a great amount of upper lip hair and on my chin. Instead of pulling 20 chin hair a day I pull about 4-5 if I use the product 2 times per day. I have also noticed over the past 3 months that the hair on my head has been falling out so I backed off on using this product to 1 time per day. I continue to lose a number of hairs from my head everyday. I know if I back off to using Vaniqua once every other day my chin and lip hair will increase so not sure what to do."

cheese6 January 11, 2014

For Hirsutism "I have had excess facial hair since I was 17. I was tweezing at least every other day before I discovered Vaniqa. I have been using Vaniqa for about 6 weeks and have noticed a big difference in the amount of facial hair that has grown back. I am now tweezing only a couple times a week. This creme is pricey, but is well worth it! I wish I had discovered it years ago!"

Anonymous April 2, 2012

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hirsutism "I'm in the UK and get this on prescription - just have to pay the usual £7.45 each time I get it which is approximately once per month. I think it is brilliant. In the past couple of years I seemed to have alot more peach fuzz and some coarser hair on my neck. This has slowed growth down to the point where it has almost stopped and I only occasionally have to pluck the odd hair rather than spend an hour every evening. It has given me my life back."

Anonymous March 4, 2012

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hirsutism "I have had immediate results with Vaniqa, reducing coarse hairs on my chin and all hair on upper lip. I also noticed a big reduction in whiteheads and ingrown hairs on my chin. Because I also have had moderate hair loss with thinning on my entire head, I reduced application to once every day. I still had hair coming out on brushing so now down to once every other day."

Anonymous December 17, 2011

For Hirsutism "I have PCOS so I've been unfortunate enough to have the ugly facial hair situation. Mostly on my chin, and its really coarse hair. My doctor put me on Vaniqa, and I have to say, after all these years of struggling with facial hair removers, waxes, creams, this is the best by far. I've only been on it probably around 2-3 weeks and I saw an immediate difference. Even without using a facial hair remover, its cleared up my skin, the hair doesn't come back as quickly and its really made a huge difference. Granted it is expensive. Hope this helps!"

KayFTL August 6, 2011

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Only started using a couple of days ago and I can already notice a difference. Luckily its covered on our NHS. "

Anonymous April 27, 2011