User Reviews for Vaniqa

8.9
Summary of Vaniqa reviews 16 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Vaniqa

Review by FlGrl (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hirsutism: Life changing. Amazing. I was doubtful having tried laser two separate times. I've been using this for about 2 months and it has reduced the facial hair growth so much I am shocked. I just got my second tube. It's expensive, and my insurance would not pay for any of it, but its worth it.

August 8, 2014 2:44 AM

Review by Jukesy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hirsutism: I have been using Vaniqa for just over a week and I can already see a massive improvement. I have very dark facial hair which I have to pluck daily and always had a dark shadow. I am so pleased to say that so far so good, the shadow is disappearing and the hair that's growing back is finer and no where near as dark! Hirsutism is the most embarrassing thing ever. I went to my drs in the UK and was told I was not eligible for this cream on an NHS prescription and so my dr wrote me a private one. When I went to the chemist I was quoted over

July 13, 2014 4:17 PM

Review by Emmy22:

For Hirsutism: I have hirsutism due to polycystic ovarian syndrome. So I started using this product 5 days ago and oh my! I don't want to tempt fate but wow, it's working already. Over the past couple of days I've seen the biggest improvement. The stubble that's growing through isn't coming in nearly as quickly and when I shave you can barely see the little black hairs under the skin. I would normally have to shave at the very least, once a day and again if I was going out in the evening. Evening comes and my razor is still attached to my bathroom wall. I will say that I am using slightly above the recommended dosage. Sometimes three times daily, rather than two and a slightly thicker than thin coat. I live in the UK where a 60g tube on prescription is only

June 16, 2014 3:36 PM

Review by lmc1967 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hirsutism: I'm writing a second review on Vaniqa. I started using this in February this year. Twice a day although some days/times I do forget. I just want to say how delighted I am to have found this. It has totally and completely changed my life! I had terrible male pattern hair growth all over my cheeks, chin, upper and lower lip and starting to grow down my neck. I used to pluck for up to 2 hrs a time every 3rd day but was never hair free. I wouldn't kiss anyone hello or goodbye as even plucked the stubble could be felt under my skin. 3 months on im not scared of being caught in bright sunlight I pluck around once a fortnight and it takes around 10 mins. The hairs that are coming through are soft and downy. My life is transformed.

May 11, 2014 4:10 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hirsutism: For me, this medication worked everywhere but on my facial hair. It was definitely systemic for me as I noticed no hair growth in areas of my body, previously hairy, but no change in my facial hair. I have rheumatoid arthritis and I take a medication that causes hair loss. I noticed that there was no regrowth in hair on my scalp that I lost from the medication.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 2, 2014 10:34 PM

Review by lmc9977661lmc (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hirsutism: I have always had facial hair but after my menopause started prematurely the hair growth became very much like a man's. I would pluck at least 2 times a week and each session would last 2 hrs. I started using Vaniqa 2 weeks ago. I plucked whole face the same day and 2 weeks later I have only just had a few small areas that have needed plucking today which is the first time and even those hairs are fairly soft and finer. I love Vaniqa and feel like its changed my life!

February 16, 2014 7:31 AM

Review by cheese6:

For Hirsutism: I have PCOS and so I have a great amount of upper lip hair and on my chin. Instead of pulling 20 chin hair a day I pull about 4-5 if I use the product 2 times per day. I have also noticed over the past 3 months that the hair on my head has been falling out so I backed off on using this product to 1 time per day. I continue to lose a number of hairs from my head everyday. I know if I back off to using Vaniqua once every other day my chin and lip hair will increase so not sure what to do.

January 11, 2014 12:52 PM

For Hirsutism: I have had excess facial hair since I was 17. I was tweezing at least every other day before I discovered Vaniqa. I have been using Vaniqa for about 6 weeks and have noticed a big difference in the amount of facial hair that has grown back. I am now tweezing only a couple times a week. This creme is pricey, but is well worth it! I wish I had discovered it years ago!

April 2, 2012 10:10 PM

For Hirsutism: I'm in the UK and get this on prescription - just have to pay the usual £7.45 each time I get it which is approximately once per month. I think it is brilliant. In the past couple of years I seemed to have alot more peach fuzz and some coarser hair on my neck. This has slowed growth down to the point where it has almost stopped and I only occasionally have to pluck the odd hair rather than spend an hour every evening. It has given me my life back.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 4, 2012 4:21 PM

For Hirsutism: I have had immediate results with Vaniqa, reducing coarse hairs on my chin and all hair on upper lip. I also noticed a big reduction in whiteheads and ingrown hairs on my chin. Because I also have had moderate hair loss with thinning on my entire head, I reduced application to once every day. I still had hair coming out on brushing so now down to once every other day.

December 17, 2011 7:41 AM

Review by KayFTL:

For Hirsutism: I have PCOS so I've been unfortunate enough to have the ugly facial hair situation. Mostly on my chin, and its really coarse hair. My doctor put me on Vaniqa, and I have to say, after all these years of struggling with facial hair removers, waxes, creams, this is the best by far. I've only been on it probably around 2-3 weeks and I saw an immediate difference. Even without using a facial hair remover, its cleared up my skin, the hair doesn't come back as quickly and its really made a huge difference. Granted it is expensive. Hope this helps!

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2011 1:14 PM

Only started using a couple of days ago and I can already notice a difference. Luckily its covered on our NHS.

April 27, 2011 8:42 AM

For Hirsutism: I have been using this for about 2 years now and it seemed to work much better in the beginning. Still have problems with having to pluck the wild hairs before on upper lip and chin. However, the finer hair (fuzz) is much better.

February 6, 2010 1:27 AM

Review by desert_rat:

For Hirsutism: Loving Vaniqa so far! Some details on my facial hair situation. I don't have PCOS, yet have severe facial hair issues (full beard if I let it go, especially around chin and on neck). Spent thousands of dollars on laser hair removal, and as soon as I stopped getting the laser treatments, the hair all came back, worse than before. Using Nair or Veet only worked for the soft hair on my cheeks, irritated my skin horribly, and didn't do ANYTHING for the prickly chin and neck hair. I've never been brave enough to shave (except my mustache area), for fear of even worse beard-effect. Waxing didn't touch the problem. Vaniqa, after about 4 weeks of faithful twice a day use, has significantly slowed the growth. Now pluck a few minutes a day only!

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 20, 2009 12:25 PM

For Hirsutism: I have been using Vaniqa for 2 years now. I love it. It is a bit pricey but well worth every penny. I apply it twice a day morning and night. Continue shaving plucking or whatever you do but you will notice you will be doing it much less now. I don't know what I would do without this product. Good luck!

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 13, 2009 2:45 AM

For Hirsutism: I have had hair problems all my life using many different hair removal techniques. None gave a real good outcome and I still didn't like being out in the sun wondering if people were staring at all the facial hair. I apply at night and in the morning. I tried doing once a day, but started getting some hair growth. I now have absolutely not one hair on my face. I have been using for about a year. TIP: Use a damp washcloth on face first so cream will spread more easily and will give more applications per tube.

150 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 19, 2009 2:18 PM

Review by FortLauderdale:

For Hirsutism: Works great for me. Only apply once per day because it is expensive and not covered by insurance. I am very light skined with light hair, but a few patches of ugly dark facial hair - chin, neck, etc. Need to pluck a few every now and then, but for the most part a huge difference. Maybe my imagination, but also notice my skin is tighter. I'll like it.

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2008 1:02 PM