User Reviews for Abreva

Herpes Simplex 34 reviews 6 medications

8.8
Summary of Abreva reviews 34 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Abreva

For Herpes Simplex "It really works!! Ive got cold sores twice before, the first outbreak was in the middle of my bottom lip and the corner of my mouth- at the same time!! It was so bad I still have a faint scar!! The second one was bad as well. This time by the time I felt the burning tingle and ran to the bathroom mirror there were already 2 tiny blisters!! I got Abreva immediately, but all reviews and directions say get it BEFORE the first blister shows. Well it didn't make the 2 tiny blisters I already had disappear (I normally have a cluster of 10+) but it made it so there was NO redness & it stopped any new blisters. Normally it takes 1-2 weeks to heal, I'm on day 3 and I'm amazed! Its expensive, but its 110% worth it"

KayKay305 May 17, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "I have been plagued with cold sores my entire life and this is the only topical cream that works at all. My doctor also prescribed me Valtrex and when I pair the two my cold sore disappears within hours."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "When it comes to cold sores, I've tried every remedy there is, both medical and home remedies. When I read all of the 'amazing' reviews of abreva I was pretty skeptical because I thought they might have been paid, but I after I bought and used abreva I felt compelled to write a review. It is the best! My cold sores tend to last for about 10 days and when I use abreva, the usually only last about 3. I'm pretty diligent with reapplying throughout the day, but I'm seriously so happy to have finally found a product that actually works."

Samus12873 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "At first when I was reading these reviews I thought they were a bit excessive and was sure the company was paying people to write positive reviews. But after my experience I now can see they true. It was the first morning of my 3 week vacation in LA and I woke up with a cold sore. Awesome. It already was at its blister stage and so swollen and painful (top left side of lip). I got the abreva pump from cvs and spent a whole day continuously reapplying. It completely reduced the swelling and blister and now its completely shrunk and about to disappear and its day 2. Usually I get cold sores once or twice a year that last 10-14 days. I cannot believe this actually worked. definitely worth the $22"

ashley k April 12, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "My experience with abreva was quite upsetting. I had a light coldsore breakout and used abreva on the first day. Three days later, not much difference at all. I even bought two tubes $44..wow Control this the proper way and have valtrex on hand."

PeterJS April 12, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "Less than 2 days ago I noticed a large herpes bump on my upper lip and immedietly my heart sank. I grabbed the Abreva I had and applied it right away but I figured it was to late. My first time trying it and in less than 48 hours of application the "bump" shrunk down and has practically dissapeared. No outbreak, no redness or scabbing stage. It's like I completly skipped the entire outbreak!:) Im gonna start hordeing Abreva. 5 star experience!"

Hockaday95 (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "I haven't had a full on cold sore in 10 years. All due to Abreva. As soon as I feel that warm feeling and see a little red on my lip I apply it and an hour later it's gone. I keep a tube at home and in my car. I'll even apply some before a big date or event just in case. This stuff is amazing. I deal with clients daily, a cold sore is a deal breaker. Miracle."

ChuckyMeyers March 25, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "I love this product. I've been getting cold sores for years and every time I felt one coming on I felt hopeless! Now when I feel the tingling/itchy I immediately use my Abreva and the cold sore never comes out! The trick is to use it as soon as you feel the tingling and you will be good!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 1, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "I bought Abreva the day I got a coldsore and now it's day two and i can not believe the improvement. It is like magic. Although it is still there, the swelling went down and the redness went down too. I am astonished. It will forever be my holy grail."

pmilllllls February 22, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "I love Abreva! I was exposed to the virus that causes cold sores on the lip one year ago. The first time was terrible is never been through it so I didn't know what to do, but this time round I knew exactly how to handle it"

Shay12345 February 8, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "I was really skeptical about paying so much for a small amount. Usually my cold sores do not get very bad or noticable, however, it did this time. The first day I could feel the tingle, the second day my lip was swollen to where my mouth couldn't close comfortably and blisters had started, by the third day my lip had swelled even bigger and blisters were extremely noticable. And by day four, blisters had popped leaving a dark crusty look, some swelling went down. By the beginning of day four I was ready to pull my hair out. Went to the pharmacy and bought a small tube and began to use it like I use oxygen. Overnight I applied a heavier coat and by day five, the large scab from the blisters fell right off!! Swelling was completely gone!"

EMS personnel (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "I have only had 1 cold sore in my life prior to this experience. It was awful. Like, burry your head in the sand for 10 days, turning peoples stomach awful. This week I noticed one beginning and decided to spend the $22 to try and prevent THAT mess again. SOOOO worth it. By the second day I could feel the cream really doing it's job and now, on day three, it's basically gone. THREE DAYS! It never even blistered. No one realized I even had a cold sore. Worth $100 if it works this well every time! Thanks GSK for a medicine that truly does what it advertises!"

Coldsoreless in Colorado (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "I was already 3 days into a breakout and decided to go to the pharmacy and look for something to help alleviate the pain. I chose Abreva because it was FDA approved, but truthfully wasn't expecting much. To make matters worse, I have a beard that covers the sore. After only 1 day the sore was much, much better and virtually all of the related pain on my cheek and chin was gone. By the second day the sore was barely there. I'm now a fan of this treatment and will definitely purchase it again at the very first sign of an outbreak. For me, Abreva is a "keeper.""

bocaboy (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "I love this product. The first day I felt the tingling I went to go buy the product and by the morning I had no itching, tingling or much of anything. They were really small. By the third day they were pretty much gone. No one noticed I ever had it."

booyahhhh January 18, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "Was able to get rid of cold sores in only 2 days and a half! All gone! Excellent product!"

Nirva (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "I honestly didn't think Abreva would work. I got the first signs of a cold sore on a Thursday morning and applied the Abreva immediately. On Friday, my cold sore blistered just a little bit and was somewhat itchy but the Abreva definitely kept the cold sore from getting any bigger and under control. By Saturday, I noticed that the blisters were already drying out and on the way to healing well. One Sunday, it was gone completely! I'd definitely use Abreba again! Without it, I'd have to face a whole week or more of enduring a very itchy, fast growing and ugly cold sore that would make me feel ugly and very self-conscious."

Muminah (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2014

For Herpes Simplex "I haven't had a cold sore since my teenager years. When I looked in the mirror yesterday morning I was in shock to see one on my lip. It was just the beginning of a cold sore. I immediately remember seeing a ad for Abreva and it claimed to heal sores fast! I had nothing to lose and knew my Garth Brooks concert was coming up in two days. Knowing my friends and family there would be pictures of my smile everywhere. The product was amazing. Two days using it and its pretty much all gone! Wow. It was a miracle worker! Thank you Abreva. It was easy to use and couldn't believe how fast it worked! Ready for my pictures in my all time favorite Garth Brooks."

SpicyM December 7, 2014

For Herpes Simplex "I am currently using Abreva for the first time and I will absolutely use it again! I did not apply until after the blister appeared. It was a large cluster sores (about the size of a dime). I am so happy with how fast it worked! Typically, my cold sores last 10 days. It's been 4 and my cold sore has significantly reduced in size - its practically gone. I'm confident it'll be gone by day 7. There has been no crusty dry stage - which I feel is the most embarrassing. I have to agree with another comment I read about the bright white color. I would have liked to use it more frequently throughout the day, but didn't want to draw anymore attention with white paste all over my face at work. It was worth the $20, a little goes a long way!"

Anonymous December 4, 2014

For Herpes Simplex "I skipped the tingle stage all together. My lips had been really dry and I was using Chapstick when all of a sudden there was a random blister on my lip. I immediately went and bought some Abreva. It never got past the blister stage. It has been 2 days and it just looks like a dry patch now. No scab. No oozing. Can't even tell it's there if you didn't know."

Steffii November 6, 2014

For Herpes Simplex "I've used Abreva before but it didn't work as affectively, perhaps that was because I used it probably 2 days after my cold sore had already began to swell up/blister. This time around, I woke up to work and felt that tingling feeling on my top lip - knowing it was a cold sore. I treated it with my Burt's Bees chapstick throughout the day at work. It wasn't until late evening when I did a Target run to get Abreva. I applied it right away and probably 3x that night. It's been 3 days and my cold sore has reached the point where my blister could be picked off and healing. I applied it at least 5x a day, every 3hrs. I'm very satisfied! My cold sore skipped the whole stage where it plumps up, like a BIG BUMP on my lip, went straight to the blist"

S7 (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2014

For Herpes Simplex "It does work fast. Usually I can get rid of it in 2-4 days. The only issue I have is the cream is a dark white color so if I apply it to my lip, the white cream is very noticeable on my lip. In public, I would have to wipe part of it off so no one would see that I have white cream on my lip. I wish this cream was more transparent."

Bomer-Hob October 23, 2014

For Herpes Simplex "I suffer from cold sores once a year usually October or November but I find Abreva works well when first signs of cold sore appear. I can't ever seem to catch it at the "first tingle" usually wake up with one trying to pop out. I immediately throw on some Abreva then take some lysine pills and some Vitamin c. Seems to heal it fast . In like 3 days. If the blister sadly appears I use Abreva every other hour and take 2 lysine pills every other 4 hours. "

Sarah m October 18, 2014

For Herpes Simplex "I have been effected by this virus all my life. I found Abreva and the blisters disappear within a few days of treatment. I have no side effects from this cream. The key is to catch it early and treat the blister(s) promptly and as prescribed. I am grateful for Abreva being an over the counter medication."

Trupes (taken for 10 years or more) March 25, 2014

For Herpes Simplex "I was in Mexico and spent the whole day drinking at the pool (I think they did not wash glasses properly and I contracted it there). I went for dinner and just as I finished my meal I licked my lips and right away could feel the tingle, then bit my bottom lip where it was and had that very sharp pain. Could tell right away, having had several when I was younger. A single small blister had formed on my lip already and luckily I carry Abreva everywhere so I put some of that on right away. Next day it had "popped", I soaked that and put more Abreva. Was starting to heal and crust within 2 days. This is why the ladies in my family carry it everywhere. You have to use it straight away to stop the spreading, but its a life saver."

Jess893478274 January 31, 2014

For Herpes Simplex "This medicine is amazing! It works wonders."

Mommy&wife (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 8, 2014