User Reviews for Abreva

Herpes Simplex 45 reviews 6 medications

8.6
Summary of Abreva reviews 45 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Abreva

For Herpes Simplex "This is amazing. Never had sores until in my 20's and the first outbreak and several after that were horrifying...entire top and bottom lip covered in enormous sores at least ten on top and ten on bottom. I couldn't eat or drink unless from a straw it was that bad.I couldn't leave the house or people stared like I was a monster. Got an rx for valtrex and if I feel the tingle I take 2 pills then another 2 pills 8/12 hrs later I forget which it is, and I immediately dab abreva on (always with tissue I never directly touch the sore) and continue to apply it every few hrs as it states on package. Usually they may look like a tiny pimple and thats as big as they get then they just disappear. Valtrex alone doesn't help me I need abreva too. Great stuff!"

Dk808 July 28, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "I caught my first cold sore in 3rd grade from a friend not realizing you shouldn't share water and am stuck with this virus for the rest of my life. Usually I'll get one annoying sore outbreak every 2-4 years (lucky I know but my immune system is strong and my behavior isn't risky for them) I was up late in my room on a Friday due to summer (aprox 1 am) and got that terrifying itch. Immediately I tore my bathroom apart looking for abreva. I put a bunch on but the sore still broke out. Since its summer I was able to stay home with no makeup and get lots of sleep. I put abreva on about 4 times a day along with sterilizing with rubbing alcohol and by Monday it was gone! Life saver if you have time to be antisocial."

High school student (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "I usually get cold sores twice a year, but this year they've appeared way more. I usually have Valtrex and they dissapeared in hours, but this time I had run out of them. So when i first noticed a single blister between my lip and chin I run to the pharmacy to buy Abreva. I applied it as indicated and sadly it didn't work for me at all. It might work for some as medicines are like that, but for me it didn't do anything at all."

Hope12 July 20, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "I have suffered from impetigo a yellow brown crusting severe type of cold sore ever since I was a child. I get them when the seasons change or when I'm a little stressed out, or even just because the humidity in my house changes. It really sucks most of the time and I have went to my doctor and have gotten a prescription for antibiotic cream and even pills for impetigo. But they have never worked as effective as abreva has. If you want your cold sore to just go straight to the scabbing stage after it occurs then use abreva. It's only been the second day and it's already pretty much gone."

Mardygrahhh (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "I had a cold sore on my lip and as soon as it went away two others popped up. They were so bad and I was so miserable so I finally went out and got abreva. I'm on day six of using the medicine and my cold sore is already gone! It would've went away so much sooner if I hadn't waited so long to get the medicine, it's expensive but it's definitely worth the price! I'd recommend abreva to anyone who has a cold sore you will not regret it."

TheUsed920 July 9, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "Made my cold sore worse. It re-activated the cold sore and caused it to spread further. Do not buy this product. Bleach and clay masks have a much better effectiveness."

Jr124578 June 28, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "I am in my 60's and have suffered cold sores most of my life. My first use of Abreva was a year ago.....I now use it a few times per year when I feel a cold sore coming on. I never have scabs or sores any more. The cold sore does not develop! I wish I had known sooner. It has made my life better. I cannot stand how big my cold sores get."

MzKK June 19, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "There are reviews that may make you question it. But I've had cold sores I left untreated that left scars and lasted for weeks. This isn't a cure but it significantly reduced the size and time of my cold sore. It's worth the twenty bucks."

Krtsawnms (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "First Major break out with cold sores, started on the lower lip and moved to the corner. I found this on the self and was going to pass it up when i saw the price...thank goodness i spent the money and went for it. This stuff works fast!!!!"

Graywolf1966 June 11, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "This product works so good . felt a tingle early that morning cryed was depressed applies this for the first time five times a day the next day I'm usually use to huge oozing clusters all on my chin but I was amazed no Of that. It is now day 3 and it's completely gone ."

AllyTee (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "Damn this stuff really works. I first got a cold sore 4 years ago and it usually happens every 6 months or once a year. And I knew it was due for an outbreak and once I felt a bump coming I told myself I'd buy a cold sore treatment and WOW in 3 days its already gone. BEST part is the swelling and pain goes away and its not even noticeable. I will always buy this product. There might not be a cure but Thank God for whoever made this product to ACTUALLY work. I'd pay double for this if that was the price. Who ever hasn't tried this and is hsv1 I very highly recommend to try product."

anthony160 June 3, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "It really works!! Ive got cold sores twice before, the first outbreak was in the middle of my bottom lip and the corner of my mouth- at the same time!! It was so bad I still have a faint scar!! The second one was bad as well. This time by the time I felt the burning tingle and ran to the bathroom mirror there were already 2 tiny blisters!! I got Abreva immediately, but all reviews and directions say get it BEFORE the first blister shows. Well it didn't make the 2 tiny blisters I already had disappear (I normally have a cluster of 10+) but it made it so there was NO redness & it stopped any new blisters. Normally it takes 1-2 weeks to heal, I'm on day 3 and I'm amazed! Its expensive, but its 110% worth it"

KayKay305 May 17, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "I have been plagued with cold sores my entire life and this is the only topical cream that works at all. My doctor also prescribed me Valtrex and when I pair the two my cold sore disappears within hours."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "When it comes to cold sores, I've tried every remedy there is, both medical and home remedies. When I read all of the 'amazing' reviews of abreva I was pretty skeptical because I thought they might have been paid, but I after I bought and used abreva I felt compelled to write a review. It is the best! My cold sores tend to last for about 10 days and when I use abreva, the usually only last about 3. I'm pretty diligent with reapplying throughout the day, but I'm seriously so happy to have finally found a product that actually works."

Samus12873 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "At first when I was reading these reviews I thought they were a bit excessive and was sure the company was paying people to write positive reviews. But after my experience I now can see they true. It was the first morning of my 3 week vacation in LA and I woke up with a cold sore. Awesome. It already was at its blister stage and so swollen and painful (top left side of lip). I got the abreva pump from cvs and spent a whole day continuously reapplying. It completely reduced the swelling and blister and now its completely shrunk and about to disappear and its day 2. Usually I get cold sores once or twice a year that last 10-14 days. I cannot believe this actually worked. definitely worth the $22"

ashley k April 12, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "My experience with abreva was quite upsetting. I had a light coldsore breakout and used abreva on the first day. Three days later, not much difference at all. I even bought two tubes $44..wow Control this the proper way and have valtrex on hand."

PeterJS April 12, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "Less than 2 days ago I noticed a large herpes bump on my upper lip and immedietly my heart sank. I grabbed the Abreva I had and applied it right away but I figured it was to late. My first time trying it and in less than 48 hours of application the "bump" shrunk down and has practically dissapeared. No outbreak, no redness or scabbing stage. It's like I completly skipped the entire outbreak!:) Im gonna start hordeing Abreva. 5 star experience!"

Hockaday95 (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "I haven't had a full on cold sore in 10 years. All due to Abreva. As soon as I feel that warm feeling and see a little red on my lip I apply it and an hour later it's gone. I keep a tube at home and in my car. I'll even apply some before a big date or event just in case. This stuff is amazing. I deal with clients daily, a cold sore is a deal breaker. Miracle."

ChuckyMeyers March 25, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "I love this product. I've been getting cold sores for years and every time I felt one coming on I felt hopeless! Now when I feel the tingling/itchy I immediately use my Abreva and the cold sore never comes out! The trick is to use it as soon as you feel the tingling and you will be good!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 1, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "I bought Abreva the day I got a coldsore and now it's day two and i can not believe the improvement. It is like magic. Although it is still there, the swelling went down and the redness went down too. I am astonished. It will forever be my holy grail."

pmilllllls February 22, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "I love Abreva! I was exposed to the virus that causes cold sores on the lip one year ago. The first time was terrible is never been through it so I didn't know what to do, but this time round I knew exactly how to handle it"

Shay12345 February 8, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "I was really skeptical about paying so much for a small amount. Usually my cold sores do not get very bad or noticable, however, it did this time. The first day I could feel the tingle, the second day my lip was swollen to where my mouth couldn't close comfortably and blisters had started, by the third day my lip had swelled even bigger and blisters were extremely noticable. And by day four, blisters had popped leaving a dark crusty look, some swelling went down. By the beginning of day four I was ready to pull my hair out. Went to the pharmacy and bought a small tube and began to use it like I use oxygen. Overnight I applied a heavier coat and by day five, the large scab from the blisters fell right off!! Swelling was completely gone!"

EMS personnel (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "I have only had 1 cold sore in my life prior to this experience. It was awful. Like, burry your head in the sand for 10 days, turning peoples stomach awful. This week I noticed one beginning and decided to spend the $22 to try and prevent THAT mess again. SOOOO worth it. By the second day I could feel the cream really doing it's job and now, on day three, it's basically gone. THREE DAYS! It never even blistered. No one realized I even had a cold sore. Worth $100 if it works this well every time! Thanks GSK for a medicine that truly does what it advertises!"

Coldsoreless in Colorado (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "I was already 3 days into a breakout and decided to go to the pharmacy and look for something to help alleviate the pain. I chose Abreva because it was FDA approved, but truthfully wasn't expecting much. To make matters worse, I have a beard that covers the sore. After only 1 day the sore was much, much better and virtually all of the related pain on my cheek and chin was gone. By the second day the sore was barely there. I'm now a fan of this treatment and will definitely purchase it again at the very first sign of an outbreak. For me, Abreva is a "keeper.""

bocaboy (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2015

For Herpes Simplex "I love this product. The first day I felt the tingling I went to go buy the product and by the morning I had no itching, tingling or much of anything. They were really small. By the third day they were pretty much gone. No one noticed I ever had it."

booyahhhh January 18, 2015