User Reviews for Arthrotec

Learn more about Arthrotec.

Arthrotec Review Summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 133 medications used in the treatment of Sciatica.

Reviews for Arthrotec to treat Sciatica

"I have suffered with sciatica for 3 years and now have pain in my right foot along the arch. I took this medication when I was first diagnosed and it did nothing to relieve the pain. I decided to give it another shot last week because of the foot pain and it started helping right away with both issues. The only problem I have is I am bloated and feel like I have gained 10lbs! This is a huge bummer since I am also on a weight loss plan! But I will keep taking it for now."

cuddles1961 May 5, 2015

"I was prescribed Arthrotec 8 months ago for a bulging L5S1 disc that was causing me excruciating sciatica pain. At the time, the Arthrotec did nothing for the pain which led to me getting 2 epidural steroid injections. Those two did not work, and I haven't been taking any medicine and instead working on controlling my stress levels which seems to have helped. In the past 2 weeks, the sciatica has flared up really bad to the point that I can't sit or stand for any length of time. In desperation I took the Arthrotec to see if it would knock down the pain and BOOM- I seriously felt like a new person. I don't know why this didn't work for me the first time, but now it is working perfectly. It's a miracle in my mind."

nomorepaininleg (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 19, 2012

"I was suffering from sciatica, herniated and bulging disc L5-L6. Had multiple epidural shots and radiofrequency, which gave temporary relief. I had been prescribed Arthrotec a while back but did not take it until pain was unbearable lately. I could not get comfortable whether I was standing, sitting or lying down. Driving was also torture. Within 2 days of taking Arthrotec 75 (2X daily), my pain disappeared almost completely. After reading comments, I will try 1 pill per day to see if it sustains."

Anonymous January 20, 2011

"Arthrotec75 was prescribed after I developed serious aching in my right thigh that prevented me from standing or walking for more than a few minutes. Eventually, a herniated disc at L-4-L5 was diagnosed. A large fragment was pressing up against a nerve. After a few more weeks, the onset of motor deficit in my foot led to the need to have surgery. If that hadn't happened, I might have been able to avoid the surgery indefinitely by continuing to take Arthrotec. Other NSAIDs might have worked too, but protection of the stomach lining by Arthrotec's misoprostol was appealing."

HarryG October 26, 2010

"It works!!!"

Anonymous September 13, 2009

"I have a bulging disc on my L5 that is pinching my sciatic nerve. Arthrotec started working right away. I only take one a day. No side effects yet."

Anonymous September 2, 2008

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Sciatica