User Reviews for Arthrotec

Learn more about Arthrotec.

Arthrotec Review Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 256 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Arthrotec to treat Osteoarthritis

"I have been taking Arthrotec for 25 years and gradually have had to increase to get the same relief. I was taking 75 mg two times a day. My concern at this time is that my Kidneys have been slowly deteriorating over time and I did not even notice it until my doctor called me yesterday after some blood work and asked me to stop taking it. I am having blood work again Monday and I already know that my Kidneys are working better. It is a tough call because the pain is coming back full force. I also have Fibromyalgia and type 2 diabetes and other issues. I wish there was a way to find relief from pain without medicines and if you had asked me a week ago I would have told you that I would be hooked on Arthrotec and could not imagine life without it."

not sure what to do (taken for 10 years or more) July 7, 2013

"I was prescribed Arthrotec 75/0.2MG. I had spinal surgery on L5 in 2001 by an orthopedist and in 2009 on same disc by a neurosurgeon. In 2009, I took a long time to recover. Also, I am suffering from degenerative disc disease on S1 to the point of self fusion (a good thing as it stabilized my lower back). In 2009, I was prescribed Arthrotec 75 / 0.2MG I found this to be a miracle. I only take it as needed and only when it wears off. Once a week or as needed. FANTASTIC results! It takes years off my body. I am 62."

Jimmyk2013 March 3, 2013

"Just started taking Arthotec, but I can tell a difference already. I have less pain. I also feel very hungry and nauseous. I've had a little dizziness too."

kaki_peach (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2013

"I am 73 and just found out I have torn ligaments, tendonitis and arthritis in both wrists. For about a year now I have had stabbing pains in my wrists and hands. After taking three Arthrotec 50 my pain is gone. But, I also have a gastric problem with reflux and for the last two nights have had extreme bloating and reflux. I took the fifth tablet this evening. It is so bad tonight that I have to stay awake. I can not go to sleep, even while sitting up in a chair for fear of having the reflux again. I have had the reflux two times already tonight when I dosed off. So I am here now typing this at 4:30 AM so I do not fall asleep again. The Arthrotec works, but I can not take any more of them."

Falcongal (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2013

"I have been in pain for years and have been on Cymbalta, gabapentin and Tylenol 3 for 2 and a half years. I suffer from arthritis and herniated discs, degenerative disc disease. Yesterday my doctor put me on Arthrotec 50mg. It made me sick to my stomach but my pain was mostly gone. I could actually put on a pair of pants and socks without my hips and back hurting. I'm 34 and hope to live a long life and being in pain everyday was making me depressed. I think there is hope. So far so good with Arthrotec."

ldmf (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2012

"I have osteoarthrititis, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia and sciatica and have tried many other pain medicines with Celebrix being the last. I am taking Arthrotec 50mg 3x a day and by the second day I was very pleased with the results. My pain has lessened from a 7-8 down to a 2-4 level. I have Vicodin as a stand by and haven't taken any this past month, I went from taking 1 to 3 a day to none, that is a good thing!!"

Windblown March 19, 2012

"For people suffering from inflammation this medication is amazing! After 2 days my pain was gone, no long term regimen. I've suggested this medicine to many people. "

Anonymous January 1, 2012

"I have had pain and stiffness in my neck for quite some time and this medication has greatly improved these symptoms. I use it every other day and it works very well."

Anonymous December 5, 2011

"Lupus: I have been taking Arthrotec for two weeks now; my symptoms have improved tremedously. I tired Mobic 15 mg., Celebrex, Lyrica and just about everything else that would decrease pain. I know it has side effects but walking and being productive is well worth the risk."

Kristym November 14, 2011

"Was given Arthrotec 75 (1x/day) for residual pain following a car accident. Got to the point I could barely walk most days and, on my best days, would have very little endurance for walking or even standing. By day 2 of taking Arthrotec 75, I felt like I was made whole again. It is my wonder drug. Found I can skip a day and be okay if not too much physical activity, and at times have taken a 2nd dose midday during more strenuous activities. No side effects that I have noticed. I don't like taking medicines so I hope I won't need to take these for too long, but so grateful for them right now. I can actually do things for myself again."

Anonymous July 6, 2011

"I'm a 40 year old Mom with stage 4 breast cancer with metastasis to bone from head to toe. As you can imagine, I'm in considerable pain all the time. They have kept upping my morphine and although going without the morphine is not an option I am tired of doubling it all the time. I since gone to a pain doctor that prescribed Arthrotec 75 and at last I can go hiking with my kids again. I can go shopping with them and not be exhausted from pain. I am very grateful to Arthrotec 75 because it has given me a piece of my life back. The only side effects I've had from it is a little bit of an achy stomach and I've been very gassy. Well worth the trade off."

Txtamsland April 2, 2011

"I love Arthrotec and did not realize just how well it was working for me until I switched to Celebrex, which did nothing. Within days on Celebrex I was so stiff I could hardly walk. I have back issues from arthritis (nerve impingement, etc.) and have epidural spinal injections. I promptly went right back to the Arthrotec. But, I do realize now that the Arthrotec does make me very drowsy and hungry. The hunger and cravings is really strange, but during the time on Celebrex I wasn't hungry at all while dieting. So, it's either pain and stiffness, or drowsiness and hunger. I chose not to have pain."

Chevy1963 March 27, 2011

"I found this medicine relieved my pain very well. I was taking 75 mg twice a day and this did me very well. Except I had a side effect that caused me concern. I gained 25 pounds and could not lose this weight. Gaining weight is not good when you suffer arthritis. Until I was taken off this drug I could not lose weight and kept gaining. When I was off it I lost 5 pounds in one month and now have lost 20 of the 25 I gained. "

giblet September 9, 2010

"I had been taking Arthrotec 75mg 2 X's per day for several years and it worked great! No more severe pain in my lower back but HUMANA decided I didn't need it any longer, just because there was no generic for it. Now I live in severe pain daily. Other medicines either do not work or they hurt my stomach so bad I can't take them. I miss my Arthrotec. "

allyoop_58 June 12, 2010

"Very effective daily use 2 x 75mg per day. Hell if you forget one or two though. Now dependent on it!"

DAVID IVES November 26, 2009

"This is a wonder drug! I have not been able to lie down for more than a few hours for years. Since I started Arthrotec 75 I can stay in bed 8 hours with almost NO pain. I have painful hips and shoulders."

MrTony8 November 21, 2009

"I just started Arthotec 75 mg two days ago. I can't believe that after 2 pills I was feeling no pain. My legs were working, I could walk normally, my spine wasn't hurting and my feet were pain free. This is a new life for me. I have been in constant pain for a long time and needed injections in my feet and spine to cope. I am ready to tell the world how well this is working for me."

ardie July 11, 2008

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I tried Celebex and other drugs to releived joint pain in the ankles, knees, wrist and fingers with little relief. 3 days on Arthrotec 75, only once a day and I was almost as good as new. Able to work on the treadmill, take long hikes, write and type. Maybe the best part was not waking up at night with pain in all the fingers. By accident, I also found that taking one pill ever other day is suffient for me."

havaiisteve May 19, 2008

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Osteoarthritis