User Reviews for Desogen

Learn more about Desogen.

Birth Control 16 reviews 249 medications

6.8
Summary of Desogen reviews 16 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Desogen

For Birth Control "I have been taking Desogen for almost a month and a half. I get dizzy, have severe headaches, cystic acne, extreme cramps, and the worst part of it all is my moods are awful. I get so angry and emotional at the drop of a hat. So I stopped taking it because I was tired of getting angry all the time and taking it out on my boyfriend. Luckily he's very understanding. My moods and acne have now practically vanished once I stopped taking it."

KelseyDlynn (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2015

For Birth Control "This was the first birth control pill I went on, and I wish I never stopped. I've been on like 4-5 other types but this one has been the best so far from my experience. The only downside was gaining 5 pounds, but it wasn't noticeable at all. If my current pill doesn't work out, I will be requested a prescription for Desogen again."

ksssh129 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 23, 2014

For Birth Control "I was on Desogen for 7 years and never got pregnant, had shorter, lighter periods. All medicines have side effects that being said; the down side was slight increase of my blood pressure & slight weight gain. When I was ready to start my family it only took me 2 months to get pregnant. Now I have to be on a different pill because I've had my baby & our hormones change but haven't found a pill that works as well as Desogen did."

lulu2014 April 4, 2014

For Birth Control "I switched to this from Ortho Tri Cyclen six months ago to help with unwanted facial hair. It hasn't helped and it's made my hair and skin very oily. My skin hasn't looked this bad since I was sixteen. I'm using acne toner, spot treatment, oil-free moisturizer, and a foundation for acne-prone skin and none of it has made any difference. I have constant mood swings and cry easily. I'm switching back to Ortho Tri Cyclen next week."

Phallocentric (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2014

For Birth Control "I am still trying to find the right birth control for me but this IS NOT IT. I was an emotional wreck, constantly crying, fighting with my boy friend and had no energy whatsoever. Only pro is it made my bleeding become normal again, also had zero sex drive and my breasts did not grow like all other pills have made them."

maryajen October 17, 2013

For Birth Control "I have only been taking Desogen for two weeks now, but I feel like I've been a lot more emotional lately. I literally can't control myself. It hasn't started problems in my relationship because my boyfriend is very understanding. I have also been getting a lot of breakthrough bleeding but maybe it's because it's only my first time taking the medicine. My periods are light in the beginning and super heavy towards the end!"

New To The Pill (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2013

For Birth Control "I have only been taking this pill for two weeks and I feel very emotional. My boyfriend and I been fighting ever since. I cry and get really angry fast. "

cinn (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2013

For Birth Control "I've been taking Desogen for a year now after not being happy with Lutera. As birth control it works good (i.e. not pregnant). I don't have any breast tenderness like I used to and I have gone up a cup size. I had mild to moderate acne before taking the pill and it has helped it clear up a lot! I only break out right before a period. And my periods are very predictable and only last 3 days (versus the usual 7 I had experienced before). However, when I first started taking it I noticed a prolonged time of spotting but it did eventually go away and I am pleased overall with this pill!"

ArieLizzie (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 21, 2013

For Birth Control "Since I started taking Desogen its cleared up my acne. The one thing I don't like about it is the mood swings. One moment I'm mad and another I'm crying. I have also noticed I have been losing weight since I started taking it. I have also noticed that me and my boyfriend have been fighting a lot because of the mood swings."

SamanthaG18356 (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2013

"I've been taking Desogen since I was 14 and I'm almost 20. I have never had any side effects. I'm very pleased with it. As long as I stay baby free, I'm happy!"

Cillabee (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 22, 2012

For Birth Control "I have been getting Desogen from Planned Parenthood for about a year now. The pill seemed to clear up any acne, the only breakouts I have now are around my period (to be expected). The only downside was around my period I would have crazy intensified mood swings, angry one second and crying the next. Other than that, pretty good pill."

NotPreggo (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 28, 2012

For Birth Control "I've been taking Desogen for a month now and my breasts have gotten a bit bigger and my skin has never been more clear, but I am a tad bit more emotional and it does occasionally make me vomit."

Anonymous January 25, 2012

For Birth Control "Positive: -You won't get pregnant. -You may see some acne clear up Negative: -Severe mood swings. I can't even control myself. My emotions do whatever they want, whenever they want. It's ruining my relationship with my boyfriend. I cry multiple times a day. I never used to be like this. I am switching to a non-hormonal birth control option."

Britty5096 September 19, 2011

For Birth Control "Helped with my cramping and had no spotting but gave me large cystic acne. It took me several months before I realized desogen was the cause of the acne but once I stopped taking it, it went away."

Anonymous June 6, 2011

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "Changed my life."

Anonymous May 30, 2011

"I've been taking Desogen for about a month. For the first 3 days I was taking it in the morning and was so sick after taking it I'd be in bed all day. So I started taking it right before bed. I've had stomach pains so bad I feel like I'm in labor. I went to the doctor to make sure it was the birth control and not something more serious. I had a pap smear and some blood work, but he said everything seemed fine. If it comes to be that nothing is wrong, I am going to stop taking."

Anonymous October 11, 2010

"When I first started taking Desogen it seemed fine. As a few months went by I noticed that it made me cry a lot and I mean a lot. There was a lot of emotional ups and downs for me and a bit of weight gain. I also had very severe migraines as well as blurry vision but I guess its different for everyone. I stopped taking Desogen and all these side effects stopped thankfully."

Anonymous June 15, 2010

"I've been taking Desogen for almost 1 year now. I get it from Planned Parenthood for about 20 dollars. The only side effects I have seen are a slight headache at the onset of my period and sometimes moodiness around that time as well (I guess it is to be expected anyways). Other than that, I do get dark freckles now when out in the sun. They don't seem too bad now, but if it gets worse I will switch. This is why I changed from my last brand (think it was Estrostep) because it caused bad facial discoloration whenever I went out in the sun! Looked like I had a mustache for months!"

Anonymous April 17, 2010

For Birth Control "I love Desogen. I was on a couple of other kinds of pills before I started taking it including one that made me cry whenever I saw large bodies of water. I've been on Desogen for a year now and have not experienced any emotional side effects. My only complaint is that it's made my periods start out really light and get heavy at the end, which is a little irritating. Other than that, I love Desogen. I haven't had any desire to switch pills since I started taking it."

Anonymous December 16, 2009

For Birth Control "I have taken Desogen for a month now. I feel like there are slightly emotional changes: I cry a lot lately and I got mad easily. However, the good side effect is that my boobs seems bigger and my acne cleared up completely."

CollegeGirl December 5, 2009

For Birth Control "I've been using Desogen for one month now and so far it's been great. I haven't had any complications. I'm really satisfied with it."

tink2002 September 28, 2009