User Reviews for Corticotropin

Also known as: ACTH, Acthar, H.P. Acthar Gel

Learn more about Corticotropin.

Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis 1 reviews 0 medications

Eye Conditions 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Inflammatory Bowel Disease 0 reviews 73 medications Not rated - Be the first
Iridocyclitis 0 reviews 58 medications Not rated - Be the first
Iritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 113 medications Not rated - Be the first
Keratitis 0 reviews 117 medications Not rated - Be the first
West Syndrome 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Corticotropin reviews 7 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Corticotropin

Review by Clutch07 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Acthar (corticotropin) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have been on Acthar for about a year. It has been the first medicine since my diagnosis (12 years ago) that has helped me. My only concern is the long term side effects which are not known. It is expensive but I have not had to pay anything out of pocket with the help from the Chronic Disease Fund and my insurance.

September 25, 2014 11:58 AM

Review by gulab singh yadav (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Acthar (corticotropin) for Allergies: very good

June 3, 2014 8:26 AM

Review by JD53 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis: After 3 months my proteinuria has majorly decreased. I have had no side effects and have been able to lose the 20 lbs I gained with prednisone.

April 25, 2014 8:07 PM

Review by Chelle RN:

For Multiple Sclerosis: This is my first experience with Acthar Gel for an exerbation of Multiple Sclerorsis (I am allergic to steroids) and I will rate my experience as a 10! I feel like " myself"....which had truly been long forgotten. This is the first time in months I am not experiencing pain (excruciating lower back pain from an unsteady gait and muscle spasms in my lower back) ...the "cheerleader kicks" which randomly occur during all hours of the night are GONE...as are the creeping crawling sensations that drive me nuts. I did have to deal with incredible "munchies", but its a small price to pay for how great I feel. My insurance covered the entire cost of the medicine, with only a hundred dollar co pay. I am MYSELF. FEELS AMAZING!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2014 5:32 AM

Review by kilkennyblue:

Acthar (corticotropin) for Multiple Sclerosis: I am allergic to steroids and we used this once in my first flare up after a year of relapse. The initial results were great, but the episode returned in less than two weeks after the treatment ended. Worse side effect was a huge increase in blood sugar. The cost of the medication is outrageous even with great insurance.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 25, 2013 7:18 PM

Review by Christin in CO:

Acthar (corticotropin) for Multiple Sclerosis: I've used this twice for a flare up as it was thought that I was allergic to steroids. This medication is a gel, injected. Its about a 2 week course (2 vials) and slowly stimulates your own steroids production to help with flare ups. My own experience is that I felt very ill during the first week, as steroid production amps up, you get the typical steroid feelings. it is very expensive, but my insurance paid for this.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2012 3:41 PM

Review by Annonymous:

H.P. Acthar Gel (corticotropin) for Multiple Sclerosis: I have done the once a day application for five days straight on the Acthar gel, followed a week later by another five day dose. Stings like all get up going in, kind of reminds me of peanut butter shots. Felt much better after the first treatment, again after the second. After a month or so later, MS symptons were back. I have had a headache beyond the pain of migraines (I get those too) and I get medicines for it, but I can't take that unless someone can watch my kids as most of them make me so sleepy. Tried Provigil...got hallucinations...about to start Nuvigil, hope that works a bit better. I take Betaseron. Starting pulse therapy - first three days of month take Acthar keeping all the rest of the medicines the same.

July 19, 2009 8:51 PM