User Reviews for Plavix

Learn more about Plavix.

Plavix review summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 119 medications used in the treatment of Heart Attack.

Reviews for Plavix to treat Heart Attack

Review by rnrdr68752:

It was 2 1/2 years now and 14 total stents, Just had my last 3 placed 2 weeks ago. Been on Plavix from the first one, this medicine they say is what is keeping me alive, I am 42 a smoker, and trying to change everything. I feel like I have 3 to 4 heart attacks a day. If not for this medicine I would not be here. Not sure if any real side effects due to my health and other medicines so I feel it has saved my life.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 21, 2014 7:44 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I am 30 yrs old, I had a mild heart attack in the first week of May 2012 had 95% blockage. Had stent put in taking 75 mgs of Plavix and aspirin regimen. I bruise really easy but no side effects I know of yet.

July 14, 2012 10:00 PM

Review by Timeless:

I have been taking PLAVIX from the day it came on the market because of my unique clotting problem. My heart doctor has me on both PLAVIX and 325 Mg of aspirin once daily. When I developed atrial fibrillation, they put me on warfarin also. Then I started having bleeding problems. They took me off the warfarin and I was fine on the PLAVIX and aspirin, no clot problems encountered.

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 13, 2011 10:04 PM

It has helped me a lot as I had a mini stroke not to long ago. It has been a life saver for me.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 2, 2011 3:49 PM

Review by Buddy H:

I have been on Plavix 75mg one a day since September 2008. I have not experienced any problems that I can identify.

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2011 3:55 PM

Review by FOOTGOO:

I didn't have a heart attack, but was getting ready for one when I had an angiogram and and then had 3 stents put in my right coronary artery. I have been taking Plavix for the last month with no problems. The doctors tell me I will be on Plavix for the rest of my life. At this point in my life (64) I have a cast iron stomach. Because of the aspirin I have been taking for years (perhaps the reason I didn't have a heart attack) I bruise easily and bleed profusely. Different bodies, different results. I'll try to check back in a year and update my experience.

140 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 23, 2011 3:13 PM

I was a heavy smoker and ate all the 'bad' foods and then, one year ago this month (April 2011) I had a heart attack. Now, one stent later, and after one year of Plavix, I have had no recurrence. Of course, I also quit smoking (hard to do but I figured my life was worth it), changed my diet (also a hard change to make), and started exercising. I guess I will be on Plavix for the rest of my natural but, thanks to the Plavix, that natural may just be a lot longer than I had hoped for last year. As for side effects. I feel the cold a little more due to the blood thinning properties of Plavix but I don't think I bruise any easier than I used to, and I am not a 'bleeder' so all in all it's good.

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 4, 2011 4:24 PM

Review by jtic:

Suffered heart attack 12 years ago, then 2 weeks ago suffered severe angina, got scared went to the ER, they ran tests and told me my arteries were severely clogged, need stents put in me, had the stents put in, they put me on Plavix told me I would be on it for life. Well it's been 3 weeks now on the Plavix, love it, so far no side effects.

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2011 1:38 PM

Review by old geezer:

I have been on Plavix for a little over 5 years. It was prescribed by my Cardioligst following a vascular blockage and placement of a stent. Other than bruising and bleeding at the slightest contact, I have had no known side effects. I give Plavix a 10 because I am still kicking at 73.

123 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 7, 2011 5:51 PM

RCA blockage of 95% in 2007. 2 stents (medicated). Took Plavix for 8 months then discontinued on doctor orders. 8 months later I suffered stent thrombosis and the 2 doctors I saw in the hospital seemed surprised I had discontinued Plavix. Another stent was inserted and I have been on Plavix since. I jog or bike at least an hour a day, usually more. My GERD has gotten worse lately and I just switched from Plavix to Effient along with proton pump inhibitors in morning and evening.

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 14, 2010 12:47 PM

Review by holycow:

I had a heart attack July 7th this year. What a surprise that was. I had wonderful doctors and they prescribed Plavix. I was told I will need to take it for the rest of my life. I had two stents and damage to the back of my heart. I feel much better now and will for sure take my Plavix.

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 20, 2010 3:32 AM

Review by librasue:

I have severe bruising on my arms from very thin skin. I have debated for a long time about taking Plavix. I started taking it 9 years ago when I had a very mild heart attack and a stent in a 90% blocked artery. There was another artery that was 60% blocked which they told me should be watched. 6 months ago , I had a heart catheter and they said the blockage was gone, and they didn't know why. My Doctor said that I should continue taking Plavix, and that stopping probably wouldn't help the bruising and thin skin. So that is what I will do.

138 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 30, 2010 7:11 PM

Had a heart attack on July 3rd, stent put in, put on Plavix for one month. Stent partially collapsed after stopping Plavix and was having some chest pains. Doctor put me back on Plavix and no more problems since. It sure works good for me and no side effects.

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2010 7:06 PM

Easy to bruise, a bit of a bleeder, but I'm still alive after 2 years. Other clogged arteries are stable. Good news... I've been also told I'm a lifer. No side effects that I can tell other than the minor ones above.

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 12, 2010 3:31 PM

Review by da pig:

In 1995 I had a stent put in. In 2001 I had a small heart attack. I have been on Plavix ever since and my blood pressure is normal and I have all my stents and no more heart problems.

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 5, 2010 6:43 PM

Review by Vudy606:

I've been using Plavix for a couple years now since I had 2 angioplasties. It work just fine. However some of the drawbacks are: - easy bruising, and long recover time - easy bleeding from injuries, so don't take chances - My Doctor told me I'd have to take Plavix for the rest of my life - cost is no concern since my insurance pays all but $9.00 per month

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 5, 2009 6:15 PM

A great deal of bloating and some digestive discomfort. Every few weeks it feels like I am getting a bad head cold, then it goes away. I hope it's doing the trick!

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 7, 2009 9:55 PM

Review by skers:

I guess it is working great to relieve the possibility of clots, for I have no sign of a clot returning. However, I am covered in bruises and my stomach is knots more, I feel bloated and uncomfortable. I am unable to drink even a small amount of coffee in the morning, even a few hours after having taken the dose. That being said, I have to take it for at least a year after my heart attack, so I guess I have to deal with these side effects.

141 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2009 9:24 PM

Very good

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 27, 2008 3:33 AM